Cyberpunk 2077 - Your Ideas For A Dream RPG

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine a fight like this:
I'm sitting at the backseat with some strangers and the situation gets heating up. They(or she/he) aim at me with a pistol and it becomes a hand-to-hand fight in the car. It may sound awkward, but I'm sure that guys at CDPR can make it in the right way.
Also, it'd be interesting to fight in the subway with some thugs being surrounded by lots of innocent people.
I love these scripted action-movie-like events, but it's QTE or never. The uncharted series and GOW 2018 do it quite well, but it's still QTE and not in FPP.

I love these scripted action-movie-like events, but it's QTE or never. The uncharted series and GOW 2018 do it quite well, but it's still QTE and not in FPP.
In close environments like the inside of a car, QTE could work as long as the only interaction is the melee button, or some variation of it(tapping the button in sequence or to reach a specified number of button presses.) Failing the QTE shouldn't result in a mission failed screen but instead give some sort of damage or debuff to the player, in conjunction with a cinematic that proves the damage or debuff. Example, a series of dialogues happen inside the car and choosing any option that isn't the correct one(de-escalate) will result in the QTE(escalate). The player fights and mashes melee in the correct order or timing and receives no damage or debuff. Alternatively, if the player fails the QTE, you may see your player get shot and another chance to succeed at the QTE is presented. I think two tries is enough before you get killed, especially for a one button QTE. I fear the non-scripted hand to hand combat is going to just consist of dealing damage with fists(see Skyrim) as opposed to npcs reacting to the weight of a left hook or a right hook or even a kick, which I think is completely possible in FPS

In close environments like the inside of a car, QTE could work as long as the only interaction is the melee button, or some variation of it(tapping the button in sequence or to reach a specified number of button presses.) Failing the QTE shouldn't result in a mission failed screen but instead give some sort of damage or debuff to the player, in conjunction with a cinematic that proves the damage or debuff. Example, a series of dialogues happen inside the car and choosing any option that isn't the correct one(de-escalate) will result in the QTE(escalate). The player fights and mashes melee in the correct order or timing and receives no damage or debuff. Alternatively, if the player fails the QTE, you may see your player get shot and another chance to succeed at the QTE is presented. I think two tries is enough before you get killed, especially for a one button QTE. I fear the non-scripted hand to hand combat is going to just consist of dealing damage with fists(see Skyrim) as opposed to npcs reacting to the weight of a left hook or a right hook or even a kick, which I think is completely possible in FPS
Yeah, maybe I wasn't clear enough: I'm not in favour of QTE.

HEAD-TRACKING support pretty please!

It has been mentioned here before, but looking at the world and style of Cyberpunk 2077 and it being a first person game, i believe head-tracking could really increase the immersion in the world and envrionment. Especially all the time you spent walking through the city, when you can turn your head around quite naturally!

I know that head-tracking in a fps in comparison to a flight or car simulation is a bit more tricky to get right. Not the looking around part per se, but getting a good feel for keeping the mouse more or less centered while moving around and looking in other directions.

And especially tricky; how to implement a very fluid feel that does not need any deadzone around the middle of the characters fov or crosshair (which leads to a kind of heavy sticktion feel if you need to turn your head quite a bit before suddenly moving away from centre) and looking straight down the sight of a firearm without any hussle to look perfectly straight at your screen (default position).

What i think might be not the most elegant but still a good and functional solution to this, is simply autopause head-tracking while aiming down a firearms sight. Especially if there is a two stage aiming implementation for first raising your weapon, and secondly a seperate aiming down sight key-combo. Simply have head-tracking enabled whith a raised weapon, but paused while actually aiming down its sight.

Really hope this makes it into the game, if not on launch then some time later.

HEAD-TRACKING support pretty please!

It has been mentioned here before, but looking at the world and style of Cyberpunk 2077 and it being a first person game, i believe head-tracking could really increase the immersion in the world and envrionment. Especially all the time you spent walking through the city, when you can turn your head around quite naturally!

I know that head-tracking in a fps in comparison to a flight or car simulation is a bit more tricky to get right. Not the looking around part per se, but getting a good feel for keeping the mouse more or less centered while moving around and looking in other directions.

And especially tricky; how to implement a very fluid feel that does not need any deadzone around the middle of the characters fov or crosshair (which leads to a kind of heavy sticktion feel if you need to turn your head quite a bit before suddenly moving away from centre) and looking straight down the sight of a firearm without any hussle to look perfectly straight at your screen (default position).

What i think might be not the most elegant but still a good and functional solution to this, is simply autopause head-tracking while aiming down a firearms sight. Especially if there is a two stage aiming implementation for first raising your weapon, and secondly a seperate aiming down sight key-combo. Simply have head-tracking enabled whith a raised weapon, but paused while actually aiming down its sight.

Really hope this makes it into the game, if not on launch then some time later.

One solution could be a mouse button that enable head turning while you still move with the keyboard. It only blocks the left-right turn while looking at any direction you want, but you'd still be able to run, straff, jump, while you'd shoot at the direction indicated by your crosshair (= where you look). I'm thinking of that because it's how it works in Elite Dangerous. You can click on a button to have free lookaround inside your cockpit while you still fly. Good idea ?

That could be an additional solution for sure :) Arma 3 has a similar implemention for non head-tracking folks.

Personally, i like the idea of an automatic system where i don't have to decide on a timely or situational basis when to have head-tracking on or off. Best to have the head-tracking implementation highly adjustable in the settings so that one can enable head-tracking furing aiming or tick a box that disables head-tracking when aiming down a sight or scope.
I mean, yeah...one can always pause head-tracking in your trackIR or opentrack software when aiming or fighting. But that kinda becomes cumbersome i imagine. You loose easy access to more situational awareness during a firefight if you turn it off for easy and straight aiming. And switchign constantly, not sure whether that's fun.

I Think that they should show many different cultures and ways of life. They not only Americans living there but there are Asians, Africans, Europeans and South Americans there too.

That should be reflected by art and architecture in the world. It should affect how people dress, speak and act in the world.

Maybe there is a Chinese restaurant from immigrant family that has been in night city for over twenty years and people have been going there for years.

But all of sudden it burns down. Now you have to figure out what happens also having different cultures means your character can do different things like eat at a exotic restaurant, go to a sushi bar or maybe even play cricket.

Doing these gives some flavor and variety to the world of night city.

Definitely it would benefit a lot if Tobii 4C (Eye Tracking) device will be supported in game!

It improves immersion so much!... Just worth to try in games where already supported!

That is extremely cool when you can hack... target... just by looking to the things!

Cyberpunk 2077 - Your Ideas For A Dream RPG

We want the Cyberpunk 2077 to be the best RPG possible. Feel free to share your ideas and features that you would like to see in our upcoming game.

We want to hear your input:)

I really like what I saw so far. You did a fantastic job and I'm really excited. But (maybe I just did not see enough) I think the game could be darker, I mean the atmosphere, more like in Blade Runner (1982): Really dirty, rainy, old, dusty, still high tech, the feeling when you in a big crowd of people but you are still alone, feeling isolated from each other, and of course the world should be sad or at least melancholic in a tragic way: poor society and a lot of unnecessary death of innocents.

Can you please consider having a volume slider for weapons in the options menu? I feel like almost all games have very “weak” volume level for weapons which makes them feel less realistic or impactful. A volume slider for weapons would fix this issue, maybe add a detailed audio mixer that gives us full control of all sfx/music levels?

Music visualizer in the form of a drug. Taking this drug would alter your reality by adding colors, pulsates, warps in the rhythm of the song playing.
In WipeOut (futuristic racing game) the race track pulsates according to the music being played. With it's fast paced gameplay the visuals of the music really helped immerse me in the game.
This and the possibility of a "mp3 player" of some sort. I think it would fit the character of V that they would listen fast paced music while killing people.

Hmm, what would make this game my dream game Cyberpunk RPG?

1). A Synthwave radio station featuring new tracks from the following artists:

• Lazerhawk
• Gunship
• Carpenter Brut
• Perturbator
• Mitch Murder
• Robert Parker
• Miami Nights 1984
• Dance With The Dead [Totentanz ;)]
• Kavinsky
• Dynatron
• Power Glove
• Grum
• Com Truise
• The Neon Droid
• Scandroid
• FM Attack
• Occams Laser
• Le Matos
• Turbo Knight
• Chvrches
• Waveshaper
• Droid Bishop

...and if CDPR could somehow get Vangelis to do a song for CP2077 - that would be incredible!

2). Adding additional roles/classes in expansions and allowing us to re-spec so we can try them out.

3). More than 1 apartment - at least a second one that's a penthouse at the top of one of the mega buildings just to show how far V has risen through the ranks of society.

4). Additional weapons, clothing and items as free DLC.

5). No censorship of any kind. Full blood and gore, full foul language, full frontal nudity and full content that fits the Cyberpunk world and narrative - even if it's labeled as "controversial".

6). Xbox One X version is on-par with the PC version graphically.

7). Ejecting brass [spent shells/bullet casings] stay on-screen for a while.

- Radios with licensed songs would be cool... if it's not the case I always have a Spotify playlist tho lol...
- Finish moves like in the Witcher 3, with heads exploding after a shotgun headshot, dismemberment with the mantis blades and the katana.
- Good feedback from the guns. It's something that is lacking for now, judging by the gameplay demo from August, and based on preview it doesn't seem like it has changed.
- I don't remember if we can see V when using the photo mode... but if it's the case it's cool !
- Separate armor and cosmetic clothing. I want to be looking cool, or a fully naked killing machine hehe
- Please CDPR don't screw up the PS4 Pro version

I do not like these threads. I doubt anyone of the devs will ever actually read them. But since it is, basically, the only chance to be heard...

...I want a bubble-top hot-rod. Just one would be enough. Those bubble-tops - they just scream retro-future, and I think it would be just the correct retro-statement in a world of Cyberpunk.

thumb_bubble-ray-760x490.jpg

Did you know Goodyear once had the tires that could glow back in the 50's? Here's an article:
https://www.carthrottle.com/post/wgpybr9/

Add them and some neon underglow to the Bubble Ray above - and you have a Corvette muscle taht is ready to go into the world of Cyberpunk.

CCC-jim-street-golden-sahara-a-01.jpg

ZOKQ4Qd.jpg

Another idea - upper half of the Little Menace right here is painted with glow-in-the-dark paint, so it looks like white under the sunlight and glows green at night.

1423606101668.jpg

0N0A0820.jpg

There are just so many of them, from Beatnik Bandit to Beatnik Bubbletop, and every single one packs a plethora of ideas that can be used. I hope to see just one of them and go through the world of cyberpunk side by side with a beautiful hot-rod.

I do not like these threads. I doubt anyone of the devs will ever actually read them. But since it is, basically, the only chance to be heard...

...I want a bubble-top hot-rod. Just one would be enough. Those bubble-tops - they just scream retro-future, and I think it would be just the correct retro-statement in a world of Cyberpunk.

Did you know Goodyear once had the tires that could glow back in the 50's? Here's an article:
https://www.carthrottle.com/post/wgpybr9/

Add them and some neon underglow to the Bubble Ray above - and you have a Corvette muscle taht is ready to go into the world of Cyberpunk.

Another idea - upper half of the Little Menace right here is painted with glow-in-the-dark paint, so it looks like white under the sunlight and glows green at night.

There are just so many of them, from Beatnik Bandit to Beatnik Bubbletop, and every single one packs a plethora of ideas that can be used. I hope to see just one of them and go through the world of cyberpunk side by side with a beautiful hot-rod.
Beautiful cars :)

Question for the developers. Will it be possible to organize betting fights

To learn from different masters of martial arts.
in return to get pumping chips. And there'll be an opportunity to make a character horns.spikes wings.
z całym szacunkiem, jest pan doskonały. CD Projekt red
  1. pamiętacie dla mnie czas pierwszej czarownicy, to był przełom. :cool: cdprojektred#You're Breathtaking#
  2. You're a fantastic fan of yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom