Cyberpunk 2077 - Your Ideas For A Dream RPG

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will there be hallucinogens in the game, similar to Digital Trips in WatchDogs?

I think it would add a degree of creative freedom for level designers who want to create things outside of the realistic, gritty, dystopian storyline.
For example, being able to teleport through a portal to a different dimension and seeing the same room look a little bit different isn't a very realistic and continuous experience.
However, if the character was hallucinating then their version of events can be skewed, imaginary and surreal, giving opportunities for more interesting side-mission story arcs.
The hallucinogens themselves could be caused by glitches in body mods or something similar.

Just some ideas that could be used in future expansions etc. The original storyline should remain integral to what Cyberpunk wants to become as a creative masterpiece.

Will there be hallucinogens in the game, similar to Digital Trips in WatchDogs?

I think it would add a degree of creative freedom for level designers who want to create things outside of the realistic, gritty, dystopian storyline.
For example, being able to teleport through a portal to a different dimension and seeing the same room look a little bit different isn't a very realistic and continuous experience.
However, if the character was hallucinating then their version of events can be skewed, imaginary and surreal, giving opportunities for more interesting side-mission story arcs.
The hallucinogens themselves could be caused by glitches in body mods or something similar.

Just some ideas that could be used in future expansions etc. The original storyline should remain integral to what Cyberpunk wants to become as a creative masterpiece.
Look up "braindance" and "net running" and the different inhalers v seems to be able to use (like the one the maelstrom gang member allows v to try, and the inhaler v uses to do the "kereznikov" effect, and the one Victor (ripperdock) gives V after cybernetic surgery. look up the 48 minute gameplay reveal. :D

From what we've seen, I think that general netrunning is going to be sort of like an acid trip. Plus, whatever braindance maybe be involved...not to mention Silverhand being stuck in the character's head...

I'd think we're good on the hallucination front. :p

I think CDPR should take a look at the new recent gameplay revealed for CoD Modern Warfare as of 7/19/2019 (I'm from NA so my day/month might be backwards to some). The recoil and gun sounds feel so responsive and real. I have shot guns before, and most video games don't get it right. They just show the weapon recoiling upwards but that's about it. What it actually feels like is what the new gameplay reveal shows. The recoil actually feels jarring, just like in real life. I think Cyberpunk 2077 should have recoil more akin to the new CoD.

Not necessarily a game making/breaking detail, not even a quality of life detail, but I'm sure it would still be greatly appreciated by many.

Thanks CDPR!

I'm a pretty simple person so I would only like to see 2 things in the game.

Not sure if you guys are doing your own made music but if not I think Night Call by Kavinsky would be the perfect song for this game it honestly fits the vibe.If there is going to be a radio option.

I would also like to see good Hairstyles for the women, after seeing Miss.V I am glad that you guys aren't like other developers and actually make your female characters look like females and don't give af who claims it's playing to the male fantasy. Because coming from a female gamers perspective I like to make my girl look good at all cost.
Post automatically merged:

Don't let a certain company beginning with E and ending with A buy you. Too many great visionaries have fallen that way. If you run low on cash (for whatever reason; drug-induced field trips in down town L.A, hiring Harrison Ford as inspirational prop to your office, and what have you) start up a Kickstarter or something and we, the fans, will surely help you. But I'm positive this won't be an issue after the success of TW2.

I won't really go into actual game content here, because you guys are the best at determining what that would be.

As for things to consider in general:

• Motivate all use of sexual innuendo and imagery maturely, like it's framed by a narrative context in Witcher 2. We don't want the effects-lobbyists after us.

• Make the best friggin' soundtrack you possibly can. Like cinema theorists argue, the sound is 70% of the film. The same can be said for games.

• Allow the world to breathe. You can use cheap devices like in-game mini-games and side-quests to achieve this, and I encourage you to do so.

• Make it dark. Dark, dark, dark, daaaark. Dark! Many games these days suffer from a 'casualisation' in terms of art style and presentation. Diablo 3 without Light Radius is a good example. Don't be afraid of toning down the light-sources where appropriate.

• Regular updates on your progress - mhm. I'm sure it's a tricky balance of deciding how much to share with players and what to hold on to, especially this early in development. But nothing drives a devoted fan crazy like his favourite developer shutting up for half a year. Make sure you continue having a dialogue with us in which you share information at a regular pace.

Lastly, thanks a lot for making this game (and the Witcher-games). It feels really, really good to know that there are still a few developers out there who care about making great games first and foremost, and put conventions, technical limitations (consoles, anyone?), in the bin.
So to be quite frank "Consoles anyone" consoles make up at least 50% of all games sales the main reason why both Red Dead Redemption 2 and GTA 5 hit world breaking records without even being released on PC until about 1-2 years later. We always buy our games at full price until there is a 1 week sale and even the sale would only take off like 30% and not 80% like steam does and definitely does not happen as frequently. I'm glad that the developers don't cater to the PC community respect should lie in both the PC community and the Console community. Not just one because it's the system you're playing on. 😊

So when you're talking "limit the game because of console players" consoles players again contribute a lot more funds in order for the devs to come out with these amazing games.

Last edited:
I don't know if this has been confirmed to be/not be in the game, but it would be very cool to be able to not only be on the bad side of gangs/corporations, but also the good side of gangs/corporations. For example you do lots of jobs for a particular gang, and they start to like you, so you get on their good side. However, that would also have implications as far as rival gangs and how they will start to view you.

Like I said, this may have already been confirmed, but there is so much news about CP2077 I hear daily it's hard to keep track of.

Thanks CDPR!

hi there. well I'm looking forward to play this game. and I do like the way the campaign unfolds in single player mode but I really hope cyberpunk gets a multiplayer mode. with everything they have to offer. well i'm just gonna state some things I would like to see..
since we costumize our character in solo mode there's no need to apply any idea in that. but i will have some ideas about the tech upgrades wich I think they would be very funny if implemented. soooo I'll start from tthe beginning where you pick your avatar, get to know the game in a multiplayer perspective, and basically start playing.

-the game will have factions so player will have the chance if he wants to change from a faction to other without reseting the game, of course there will be faction points wich can be given by helping factions or players from those factions, aand since you can win faction points you can also lose them like changing faction or do activities that don't please a certain faction. also divide de map so that each faction has its safe zone and include neutral zones that factions can fight for.
-this is the best part. you can't choose a faction, you will have to be invited to join, and choose if you want to joinn or not.(you can turn out to be a lone wolf like I always prefer but it should be important to join factions so you can get unique upgrades and items, that can be found specifically working to a certain faction.

-players got to have the chance of having living places to safe stash, weapons, vehicles, clothes, and all kinds of stuff they will pick up by loot or scavange( i'll get to that later). living places can go from microlofts, to penthhouses if you have credits to purchase them. players will have to watch out if they are wanted by cops or anybody else, so keeping where you live out of sight of enemies is very important, not because you can be captured or killd but robbed, yes give the chance to enter other players home ( wich will be extremely dificult because there can be house upgrades like security, where alrm is triggered and cops show by, wich also can be hacked so the alarm doesnt trigger too quickly). for ex: imagine there is high-rated player with loads of stuff and a player joined with 3 to 4 more players get to find where this high-rated player lives...you can figure out the rest x) ....but don't forget the player can be online or even at home...depending on the appartment security upgrade the player can be warned or be there already waiting.

-social comunication between players is very important. that's why social areas, and comunicators like cellphones or something like that must exist. please don't make a player be able to talk with another if they are each one in diferent corners of the map, they will have to comunicate with some type of comunicator.
-in social areas will be much more easy to make trades or buy stuff like weapons and other stuff of higher levels. also a good chance to schedule side missions like races, fights, or any other type of side jobs. and also to keep the players socializing with each other....this place will be protected with security...but at anytime if a player is skilled enough and wants to "break the party "to someone he can always try . social areas can be a bar, nighclub, city squares. anyplace wich will involve a lot of npcs to give the players the feeling they have to act normal.

-side jobs like races, fistfights,deathmatches and other type of side jobs have to run by lobby but not the neutral zones so that factions fight for it, straight in the game with no loading sequences.

-weapons and vehicles should recieve upgrades either and the game itself should have dlc including new weapons and vehicles as also new tech and clothes for players choice... whats makes a good rpg is the variety of stuff you can do and have.
- in what concerns the avatar, tech also has got to have upgrade and new releasing tech. new tech can be purcchased in stores or illegal surgeon if you get to know it, expensive but better, but if you do this make sure players search the game for those illegal surgeons. 2 or 3 different surgeons should be enough one with specific upgrades.

-in PvP. . .I think tha farm other players stuf is important to all players for winning credits by selling the stuff they pick as also to upgrade themselfs with what they get by killing other player... sometimes tech can be higher than the players level, so he can decide either he keep it to use later or sell itt to buy credits. if a player gets stolen from other one, that player can end in problematic situation or even lose all he had, that's why create a insurance policy for what the player have is important.. by spending some credits you can have it all again, but in what concerns tech attetched to body only.

implement some kind of tracking system to look for players if theyr causing too much heat on themselfs, wich will include bounties.

.......i hope you eenjoy the ideas and sorry for the bad english, also I apologize if I didn't specify terms or didnt call things by its name, and the ideas are nothing that you haven't think about for singleplayer mode.

Cyberpunk 2077 - Your Ideas For A Dream RPG

We want the Cyberpunk 2077 to be the best RPG possible. Feel free to share your ideas and features that you would like to see in our upcoming game.

We want to hear your input:)

in case you open multiplayer mode...players say that those corner bullets and guided bullets could be problematic.
well if you add multiplayer had an hacking system that will block the bullets targeting sensor making the bullet not hit the player but showing the player enemy is using that kind of ammunition...something like the US military tanks possess

in multyplayer please don't had loading screens. to join races or deathmatches or brawls.... better have a board where players register and wait for they´re turn to join in and assume starting positions. or coliseum to make races or any other event.

also contracts as courrier would be cool.

please let players use flying cars.... add flying regulations that if not followed will trigger cops and fees...stuff like that...but please add flying cars to players freely ride them...add it with driver license with points so fees will remove points from player driving license... I don't care much for that... just want to fly on those damn vehicles:D

Last edited:
This game looks incredible. My suggestion is for music. It seems that a lot of blade runner vangelis inspired music will be the bulk of the soundtrack. What about some actual cyberpunk bands? For certain sections of the story it would be cool to have things get a lot grittier.
Something like this for example
Sample

I am fairly sure these were already written down. The RPG-FPS genre's best for me was F: NV and DX: HR

- multiple ways to resolve quests - Planescape: Torment, Tides of Numenera and Deus Ex: HR are great examples here. You can avoid almost all combat using speech, stealth or alternate paths
- stats play an important role - Fallout: New Vegas was a real gem in this regard
- non-lethal playthrough possible - it is both a challenge and a quest to avoid unnecessary bloodshed in RPGs
- changing attidude based on your methods and quests you done - Witcher 3 and Fallout NV, common folk discuss that someone had a run-in with the gangs and their attitude change if you curried favor with a rival gang/corpo
- great story - there are many examples and I can't really pick here, it's up to you
- upgradeable gear / crafting
- possibly modding help

Robust Character creation/customization
Lots of customization options, lots faces, lots hairstyles and colors, lots tattoos etc.. (possibility to put tattoos in various parts of the body without limitations, pls)
Lots of clothing options
Possible to wear various styles = Neokitsch, Kitsch, Rockerboy, Corpo, Urban Flash, Edgerunner, High Fashion etc..
https://cyberpunk.fandom.com/wiki/Fashion
Lots of Fashionware
Techhair, ChemSkins, Light Tattoos etc..
https://cyberpunk.fandom.com/wiki/Fashionware
And Photo Mode better than Spiderman.
:love:

Information about the world outside of Night City thru commercials, advertisements, radio, data files, or random comments from an npc.

Its an oportunity to get a sense of scale/perspective, subtly add more lore and plant an easter egg for what direction new content or an expansion might be about.

I have to in mind actually

1.Far stretch but if you get to choose where you start in the game as wend you choose what category you are in'' street kid nomad ect''
Wouldn't it be cool if you start withe a flashback from tre to five years in the past and get to learn how you end up in Night City
Is it a lost of a family member and have some unfinished business or what ever you choose? that's a way to make me replay the game!
( Beside I would love tho choose the nomad and witch of the 7 family trades as it goes The Jodes or The Snakes Or even the Gypsies have a relative problem or even tired of that life was and wanted more so choose to set sail to Night City and it's glory)

2.I know CDPR already said about pets are a no go and all but wouldn't it be great if you had some kind of man made as in robots or even a genetic clowned ones an you have them as a companion to help you wend you go out in the outlands like mad max or even so to just look cool withe a jaguar that understund man speech

Yeah I want something refreshing for once not samey tv tropes again, Even MGTOW themed stuff.

Whats wrong withe that If a may ask withe all respect.

A person who has not broken any bones does not understand the pain inflicted.

Last edited:
I saw the gameplay video and I find the game too brutal. I was hoping for something like the Witcher 3, not another GTA5.

Also, some way of changing the amount of nudity via a parameter in the settings would be nice (as is possible in some other games).

Last edited:
As I think the rest of the game will be very good or top notch, in short, my idea for a dream RPG (in this setting) would be "soft" faction "joining".

I realize you can't go to most factions and formally sign up and I even understand why in this new post-2018 narrative, but yet I think for example Fallout New Vegas also didn't let you formally sign up with certain key or big factions, but still did it well. You could basically build a reputation with factions by helping them and they'd consider you a close friend or almost or basically like a member, many greeting in friendly fashion once you helped them enough.

Additionally, helping the factions got you certain perks. You could access certain areas or use certain things (like the NCR monorail to get into the strip) and were rewarded with certain gear or perks. Thus I hope for the main game or a future DLC (if not mods), you can sort of get very close to the big or known factions in the city, from gangs to cops, corpos and certain other groups, perhaps nomad tribe(s).

Basically if we can't have classic (joinable) factions, then this would be the best compromise and if the rest of the game is good it'd be a 'dream RPG' then if I can be close to a faction and feel a certain 'identity' you can pick, or 'connection', while still being V and having the main plot.

If there will be a multiplayer in the game, it would be perfect if you could create your own quests.
Like Pen and Paper :).
For example, you could accept quests created by other players in a pub and then play them. Also with other players and friends.

Hey,
I got an idea for a quest which I think is kinda a sociality splitter :)

It could happen somewhere behind NC where Nomads live, during car racing minigame or chase of some sort.

Car crashes and the passengers are stuck. The fuel is leaking out, there are some sparkles and slight fire in the front section of the car. The car is probably gonna explode soon.

Clothes of the person in the front section are on a light fire, yet it would still take some time to burn down to his/her skin. He/she is hard-stuck. The ones in the back section are somewhat not so hard to pull out, though it takes more time to pull out all of them.

The car will explode in the end and it's up to the player to prioritize who to save first and if it's worth risking life to try to save everyone.

I like looter shooter and RPG, stuffs like weapons/gears tiers make me feel so good.
Things like: common/uncommon/rare/legendary/epic or levels/skill up stuffs of RPG make me feels alive.
Unlike other action or shooter games genre, RPG genre, to me, give you free will of your own character.

I say, here are what i expect Cyberpunk 2077 have:
- Logic and meaningful campaign story.
- Can customize my Character appearance and gender (this is obvious in the Demo)
- Weapons/gears tier system: Common - Uncommon - Rare - Legendary - Epic
- Upgrade-able for Weapons/gears, stuffs like gun mods, scope, iron sight, stock, etc...
- Excellent "Choice matter and consequent" system, things like if i choose "Choice" A, i will get reward C but have consequent D, but if i choose "Choice" B, i will get reward E but have consequent F, etc... not like stupid "choice matter" like life is strange.
- Can interact/talk with all people around the town, because i surprised that so many RPG AAA games release before, none of them have that feature, feels like lifeless town, lifeless like GTA 4.
- Have Level up system, and skill point system.
- And crossover for Ciri of the witcher series 😂

I really hope that CD Project Red make entire new future Games within this same city, just by adding new stories features and possibly areas to Night City. <3 Dream <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom