Cyberpunk 2077 - Your Ideas For A Dream RPG

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think something that allows for collecting would be really cool. Like a big walk-in safe where you can have all of the firearms you've collected visibly seen with any upgrades or accessories you've put on them. And same with cars, like a garage where you can actually see the different cars you have purchased, not just be a menu where you pick one and it magically appears. I like to physically see them side by side and you and interact with them physically.

And just in general putting in as much as you could to add to immersion, where things you can do in real life you can do in the game even if it's not the best way or beneficial...

So far the game looks like it will turn me into a hermit just playing this every chance I get, lol.

Things cyberpunk needs to get right.

Car Physics & Racing -
Driving will be a major component of Cyberpunk 2077. The driving needs to be smooth, flexible, fun and easy to control. Stiff, bland mechanics and bad controls will ruin traversal, which such an essential aspect of the game. The driving mechanics will also determine if the racing mini game will be any fun. From the little we've seen of driving, it looks slightly stiff but we've seen so little. It makes it hard to judge whether or not the driving is any good.

Shooting Mechanics -
Shooting is such an essential aspect of the game. The shooting needs to be satisfying, sooth, flexible, and fun. Your gun shouldn't just kill your enemies, it should look powerful and stylish while doing so. Not just the design, but the movement and recoil as it shoots through hordes of augmented enemies. Look at Doom, Wolfenstein, or any great shooter and take inspiration. So far from what we've seen, the shooting lacks the proper PUNCH. The sound design could use an improvement, it needs to sound more... PUNCHY. I'm really emphasizing the PUNCH in everything gunplay. It needs to look good too.

HUD Aesthetic & Feel -
This is can truly really make or break a game. Especially in an RPG where you're spending hundreds of hours playing the game. The main problem I have with the HUD is the mini-map. It needs to be smaller and needs to display less unnecessary environmental detail.

This is an example from Far Cry 4. The minimap is very small and displays information very clearly, without too much environmental detail being displayed. Cyberpunks mini-map is slightly bigger, bulkier, blurrier, and displays unessential environmental detail within the building structure. The thin red glowing border makes it even more distracting and contributes to its bigger size. Far Cry 4 doesn't have an outlined border for the mini-map, so it blends better with the surroundings, and to some extent that contributes to its smaller size. -

maxresdefault.jpg

125133-cyberpunk-2077-gameplay-3.jpg

Another issue is, I feel like the HUD isn not red enough, it looks more pink than last year. I also feel like it would be great if the player could have the choice to change the color of the HUD.

Clothing Customization -
This is cyberpunk, it NEEDS to be good. We haven't seen many clothing options, so it's hard to tell whether or not it's being done well. I love the fact that you guys are trying to solve a really annoying RPG problem, with how a piece of clothing may look really cool but have really poor stats. I'm really happy about this 😊.

Character Creation -
From the looks of it, the character creation menu looks downgraded compared to last years. There seems to be less options for your character's physical appearance and the last two options for "key life event" and "why Night City" seem to be missing. Why?
cyberpunk-1567197730.png

Cyberpunk-2077-Gender-Fluid-Character-Creation-e1560895539431.png

I could go on, but my brain is fried from overheating. In the end, I really hope Cyberpunk 2077 is the best possible game. I truly hope our feedback will fuel confidence in creating one hell of a role playing game.
Post automatically merged:

Car Physics & Racing -
Driving will be a major component of Cyberpunk 2077. The driving needs to be smooth, flexible, fun and easy to control. Stiff bland mechanics and bad controls will ruin traversal, which is such an essential aspect of the game. The driving mechanics will also determine if the racing mini game will be any fun. From the little we've seen of driving, it looks slightly stiff but we've seen so little. It makes it hard to judge whether or not the driving is any good.

Shooting Mechanics -
Shooting is such an essential aspect of the game. The shooting needs to be satisfying, sooth, flexible, and fun. Your gun shouldn't just kill your enemies, it should look powerful and stylish while doing so. Not just the design, but the movement and recoil as it shoots through hordes of augmented enemies. Look at Doom, Wolfenstein, or any great shooter and take inspiration. So far from what we've seen, the shooting lacks the proper PUNCH. The sound design could use an improvement, it needs to sound more... PUNCHY. I'm really emphasizing the PUNCH in everything gunplay. It needs to look good too.

HUD Aesthetic & Feel -
This is can truly really make or break a game. Especially in an RPG where you're spending hundreds of hours playing the game. The main problem I have with the HUD is the mini-map. It needs to be smaller and needs to display less unnecessary environmental detail.

This is an example from Far Cry 4. The minimap is very small and displays information very clearly, without too much environmental detail being displayed. Cyberpunks mini-map is slightly bigger, bulkier, blurrier, and displays unessential environmental detail within the building structure. The thin red glowing border makes it even more distracting and contributes to its bigger size. Far Cry 4 doesn't have an outlined border for the mini-map, so it blends better with the surroundings, and to some extent that contributes to its smaller size. -

maxresdefault.jpg

125133-cyberpunk-2077-gameplay-3.jpg

Another issue is, I feel like the HUD isn not red enough, it looks more pink than last year. I also feel like it would be great if the player could have the choice to change the color of the HUD.

Clothing Customization -
This is cyberpunk, it NEEDS to be good. We haven't seen many clothing options, so it's hard to tell whether or not it's being done well. I love the fact that you guys are trying to solve a really annoying RPG problem, with how a piece of clothing may look really cool but have really poor stats. I'm really happy about this 😊.

Character Creation -
From the looks of it, the character creation menu looks downgraded compared to last years. There seems to be less options for your character's physical appearance and the last two options for "key life event" and "why Night City" seem to be missing. Why?
cyberpunk-1567197730.png

Cyberpunk-2077-Gender-Fluid-Character-Creation-e1560895539431.png

I could go on, but my brain is fried from overheating. In the end, I really hope Cyberpunk 2077 is the best possible game. I truly hope our feedback will fuel confidence in creating one hell of a role playing game.[/QUOTE]

I think something that allows for collecting would be really cool. Like a big walk-in safe where you can have all of the firearms you've collected visibly seen with any upgrades or accessories you've put on them. And same with cars, like a garage where you can actually see the different cars you have purchased, not just be a menu where you pick one and it magically appears. I like to physically see them side by side and you and interact with them physically.

And just in general putting in as much as you could to add to immersion, where things you can do in real life you can do in the game even if it's not the best way or beneficial...

So far the game looks like it will turn me into a hermit just playing this every chance I get, lol.

Garage has been confirmed already. Also Car Collecting.

An aspect of a dream RPG would be a diverse (or sufficient) set of clothing. But with clothing I generally mean anything you can put on now, thus, also 'armor'.

So far we saw V and many characters that may play a more notable role. They wear relatively normal clothing that may have special properties or not, but from a realistic standpoint if you want to have better protection you'd wear actual armor. And that obviously exists and is used. I recall the MAX-TAC projection in the crime scene or MAX-TAC cops in the briefing from Dex' wear some kind of actual and heavy armor. Then at the end of the 2018 demo, you can see heavily armed corporate agents or operators disembark some AV in heavy armor, too.

Long story short, can we expect to wear classic armor (from light to heavy in design) too? At this point I expect it but who knows, right?

After watching the latest game I have to agree with the opinion of people that the graphics seemed better during the last trailer. However, we know that work is still ongoing, so I keep my fingers crossed. I will definitely buy it. Gang the animals looks good but where are the cute girls cats and various other animal variations? I hope that we meet in the game, for example, half a woman, half a snake, it is understood mechanical, of course. Something like a Medusa (Greek mithology) from the future. In fact, any character in history who was half-animal could be a half-mechanical animal. It's just my idea, but I think it's interesting, best regards.

I know perfect realism cant be achieved in gameplay.

But please, get it right on cutscenes this time!

No one dies instantly from a bolt or a hair pin placed like that. (TImestamp: 38:17)

I actually have a suggestion for a very small yet useful mechanic, that I feel could add quite a bit to the game (in terms of customization and choosing your own style) and would be a good "in between" between the FPP gameplay and the need of many (including myself) to see their own character in order to choose their style, and not just the character (as it can be done through mirrors, TP cutscenes and especially the inventory screen), but also how their look contrasts with the look of their surroundings, of the world itself, In an easy and intuitive way. My suggestion is as follows:
Give us the option to, when V is idle (standing still, maybe walking around their apartment or a safe part of the city, but mainly outside of combat and cutscenes) just being able to zoom out the camera, to simply look at the character we're playing as (maybe to decide between clothing options, maybe to reflect on how badass they look, the world looks, maybe to take some awesome screenshots!). If you're attacked or someone talks to you, it can just snap back into FP.
I fully respect and agree with your decision to make the game as much FPP as possible, for immersion and to focus gameplay strictly around it, but I feel that small moments like these, when you can briefly look at and reflect on your own character and clearly see them inside the world could add so much to the game, the enjoyment and even the immersion! I know I have no way to talk for everyone or to know if anyone agrees with me, but speaking for myself, customizing my character doesn't only have to do with seeing said character, but also seeing how they look within the context they're inserted in. The world. Because afterall, they are a part of that world. And I'd like to be able to see that and think about it (especially after doing something horrible lol) in an intuitive manner. And if you as a player don't want to do it, hey, you just have the option to! :cool:

Last edited:
Be able to just retreat into V's apartment for a couple of days. Maybe after loss of someone important, V can stay in and order takeout.

Maybe be able to watch real ( retro) TV in V's apartment if player signs into thier real TV (Comcast or Directv) account. (Gaming Device would need internet connection)

Possibly have NPC you met knock on apartment door or leave messages if V is not there.

Be able to just retreat into V's apartment for a couple of days. Maybe after loss of someone important, V can stay in and order takeout.

Maybe be able to watch real ( retro) TV in V's apartment if player signs into thier real TV (Comcast or Directv) account. (Gaming Device would need internet connection)

Possibly have NPC you met knock on apartment door or leave messages if V is not there.

Not sure if it features its own "custom TV shows", but I mean with a little workaround (two monitors?), you could easily be in-game and watch something else via YT, 'TV', etc. and as you watch that, time flies by in the game and things might happen. With a bit of suspension of disbelief it can really allow you what you look for, if you ask me.

Just let time fly by, if you are into this.

I love that the game is almost exclusively 100% in first person, but in order to appease other players, adding a cybermod that you could buy in game that is in essence 3rd person mode.

It would be a camera that follows above and behind you for "Enhanced and broader vision. Giving you the edge in tight cornered combat scenarios". This could solve the crisis a good amount of players are experiencing hearing that 3rd person won't be an option in game, while maintaining the games authenticity to wanting to be as immersive as possible.

Give us the option to, when V is idle (standing still, maybe walking around their apartment or a safe part of the city, but mainly outside of combat and cutscenes) just being able to zoom out the camera, to simply look at the character we're playing as (maybe to decide between clothing options, maybe to reflect on how badass they look, the world looks, maybe to take some awesome screenshots!). If you're attacked or someone talks to you, it can just snap back into FP.
Love that :)

-My favorite aspect about the witcher 3 and what separates it from other games to me are the locations and how these areas felt unique and interesting in its own way Novigrad ,Velen,Skellige(one of my favorite areas in gaming),White Orchard and Toussaint each and every area is fully fleshed out thanks to the incredible atmosphere and the very well made side quests i really wish we see the same thing with the districts of Cyberpunk
-Open ended level design which we have seen so far in the two demos
-Some deep mini game to replace gwent since its not in the game
-Fun side activities

-My favorite aspect about the witcher 3 and what separates it from other games to me are the locations and how these areas felt unique and interesting in its own way [...] i really wish we see the same thing with the districts of Cyberpunk

I hope so too, what they've shown so far regarding Watson and Pacifica does satisfy me, though, especially in regards to NPC count and variety, architecture, art direction and urban layout.

I also hope that there's enough variety between each district's sub-areas as well.

My requirements for a good Cyberpunk-RPG:

I hope that the crafting will require having a proper tools / workbench for anything more complex than preparing a molotov or duct-taping two AR magazines together.

I still hope that carrying weapons will depend on the ability to conceal them on your body. Sure, it may be frustrating to someone, but at least I want to have this as an option.

Considering the stupidity of Other Worlds, I want to have loot placed properly (where it belongs in the real life) and not in some random-strewn boxes everywhere (this was at least partially acknowledged by CDPR if I'm not mistaken)

I want to have NPC which are at least resembling some real-life similarities - not standing the whole day in one place, but traveling between home, work, shopping, party, whatever. If you want to catch someone, make a call.

I want the NPC's to react, but really react to my actions. If I kill someones family member then I don't expect that some magical "charisma check" will make them like me, whatever the reason may be for killing in the first place.

I want to see characters which are unique, have a story, which I can get passionate about - not some bland, similar looking, with as much charisma as a rubber chicken, copy-paste characters most of the games have.

I want realistically looking and feeling weapons and equipment.

(Moving this here, as it's a better home:)

Umm, the original TW3 campaign was criticized for having no colored characters and when Hearts of Stone came out lo and behold the Ofiri guy was exactly what the doctor ordered.

There are, as I've stressed a great deal, always people that will dislike something. I can make a far better argument for the plot and characters in TW3's being finely nuanced and definitely evolving over the course of the game. Especially Ciri. Pretty spectaculalry done, too, since players get to choose how these characters grow and evolve, and it carries a lot of energy through all of the narrative arcs. I'd say the fact that the game is as successful as it is, lauded by many as the greatest gaming experience of this generation, and still the most awarded game of all time evidences the validity of that side of the argument.

But, if people didn't care for it, well, that's fine. Once again, can't please everyone. HoS was really good! Definitely loved that, too.

Damn, man. It’s one or the other, you can’t really have it both ways. Choose one. CDPR has clearly chosen to shape the game to be accessible by the largest audience possibly. All we’re asking for is th honestly admitting it via showing the meat and potatoes I.e. how the gameplay mechanics work.

So you keep saying. And? How does that make anything you're saying even remotely accurate? The issue is that no one is owed what they want to hear because they believe the situation to be a certain way according to the speculative thoughts that are occurring in their mind.

The way it will actually work is this:

CDPR will continue fulfilling their vision according to their goals. They will share what they feel is ready to be shared when it works for them. Everyone else is free to believe whatever they want. When the final product is released, everyone will be free to play it or not, and everyone will be free to like it or dislike it. If anyone doesn't care for any part of this, they can go engage with something more to their liking. It's a free world.

As for the "can't have it both ways"...I don't think you're understanding me at all. I decide to paint a landscape. I share the process with a bunch of people. From beginning to end, people are saying all sorts of things:

"Use more blue!"
"Use more yellow!"
"Add some purple there!"
"It's too bright. Darken some spots to add some contrast."
"Make it bigger!"
"I love those trees!"
"There's no lake? I though there was going to be a lake."
"There should be a few animals in the scene. Liven it up."
"The mountains look funny. That's not how the rocks would form."
"It seems too dark. I'd brighten up the whole image."
"I hate those trees..."

And, of course, everyone's an expert. ;) What do you imagine happens now? I'll tell you what happens now. Now, I paint the landscape exactly according to my vision. I like the ideas of adding in a couple of animals. I'm using that. As for brightening it, nope. Don't care for that. Not what I'm going for. When it's done, people are welcome to take it or leave it. Repeat that process a few hundred times and one becomes a better painter. But the process will never change.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom