Cyberpunk 2077 - Your Ideas For A Dream RPG

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
A Skip Button (Or in some other games, hit Spacebar to advance dialogue fast). Although the SKIP Button is for cutscene .

I don't want to sit trough a long seen 100 times before cutscene. I do that with mass effect Trilogy and it's maddening! Let me shoot stuff already !!!

Illusive Man: Sorry, but you gotta sit there and check out this smexy cutscene while I smoke ! *Puff Puff*

Miranda:..But Shepard..Shepard is a damn Icon...

Me: ARGHHH! SKIP ALREADY!

So yeah, that! :sneaky:

-haptic feedback/vibration when you walk/run into random people
-a Market Board like in Final Fantasy 14 where you can buy&sell stuff that you/others have found or crafted
-a coop Multiplayer mode where you can enjoy night city with your friends (whole map)
-possibilities to set up/ decorate your apartment how you want it to look like

Last edited:
not having unkillable children because of how somehow "they r just bttr than evry1 else and bc of that they r immortal" like in bethesda's games

-Lots of dialogue options and personality/character defining choices
-That-thing-which-shall-not-be-named
-Visible mods and cybernetics on your character
-Other characters acknowledge and comment on your characters actions, modifications, and appearance
-Lots of engaging characters and side quests
-Variety of endings not just "good" and "fail"
-If in a romance other characters comment on it and it comes up in dialogue when relevant (ex: if NPC tries to hit on you the love interest shuts them down)
-Lots of non-combat skills
-The ability to be a pure and selfless angel, a deranged psychopathic murderer, and everything in between without being railroaded

My dream would be a shop only for Katanas, where you can customize the sword of your dreams for a little fortune. Sword handle, type of leather, type of metal, décor elements, engraving, etc... I can see it before my inner eye: a dim and dusky store, neon-light shines through the blinds, the smoke of incense sticks swirls through the room and Sonny Chiba behind the counter… Honestly, if this is not in the game, please consider it to be in a DLC.

And since we will look at our hands and arms during the whole game, it would be nice if there were not only massive amounts of tattoos for your fingers and/or hands but additionally the possibility to customize your nails (like in a filthy studio located in the back of a laundry). Imagine all the cyberpunk themed templates! Your favorite gang/corporation/brand on your nails or as a tattoo on your hand/forearm! You could unlock them by reaching certain milestones in the story and it would be a nice way to get rid of all the money you made (for this and for pricy katanas!)

Forgive if this have been already suggested:

Make it so the player can greatly costumize graphical settings being able to tweak a lot of details (perhaps add an option called "30 fps" or "60 fps" where the game analyse the hardware and tries to keep that said fps changing grahpics on the go). This can help people who want the super ultra graphics on their THICC gaming rigs or people with low spec PCs (yes i'm looking at you LowSpecGamer Youtube channel LOL)

I have good hardware but there are people who doesn't (i used to have a very low spec machine and know how furstating it can be). I'm also suggesting this because I'll have to move out soon and will only be able to bring my laptop with me (because of a job) and will be away from my desktop (and no, streaming the game from my desktop is not pratical, specially considering the not so good internet in some areas of my country)

Perhaps add alternative textures as an optional download (something that looks like anime or ultra realistic that requires a more powerfull GPU). This could help add alternative looks for the game.

Also make it so it's easier to implement mods. Witcher 3 had some great mods
Really looking forward for this game to come out, I wish CDPR team to have a great time, a sucessful launch, continue to exist and uphold your values until I'm old enough to talk about my grandsons about this company

- 3rd person perspective.
- Cover system.
- Plenty of optional side quests and other activities.
- Go wild creating "Afterlife?" Club. Perhaps two different clubs in the city with a bit different kind of music or types of people inside? high class and low class? techno/dubstep and metal/rock?
- Great hand to hand combat if possible (sleeping dogs counter system)
- Closed Beta for loyal supporters!
- Highly customizable character creator.
- Female role. (just like in ME series)
- Create many vehicle types! ..tuning?
- Some sort of NPC clothing and face generating script, so we rarely see same people on the street.
- Awesome Radio/music selection.
- Humor. (dark humor)
- Your own apartment, option to buy new properties perhaps?
- Awesome graphics!
- Smart enemy AI.
- Random AI behavior. Accidents on the roads, people fighting in the alley etc.

Guys, the game looks amazing... I understand that first person will be practical for many areas... but this game was meant to be 3 person... so I can see the guy (my self) as I play... it would be awesome if we have the option to choose... like for example: in racing games you have different views to choose from when driving... so seriously, listen to fans that are asking for a 3 person in CyberPunk 2077. I'll buy the game anyway, however, this game was meant to be 3 person... that's cool!

The CDPR Cy2077 title may capitalize on existing cyberpunk culture while expanding on some of the lower budjet success stories. What makes cyberpunk successful? Like the original syndicate strategy element? but not like the failed bullettime syndicate of past years? Like DeusX? Like low budget steam titles that earn coin on concept? Like a book? Like Gibson? Like neuromancer? Like what Reeves has pneumonically been there and done that? Is takeshi gonna laser whip somebody? Are plasma claws popping out? Why the gender specificity? Male or female in 2077? So I can't be a trans mayor crusading against the techno-underworld? I can't be a eunich gimp gutting fishes for the mob? I have to be billy the kid or a chromed out whore? I can be a western stereotype again? I can't be a modified hemaphrodite super soldier? If sex drugs and EMO/rap soundtrack sells and your selling, can my character join a prostitution sting operation and decapitate the kingpin while climbing on top with some transient trip hop? you guys saw KITE right? Armitage? how about it guys? gonna feed a preorderer like myself some freshly broken ground? gonna remix the classics for profit? a little of this and that is cool I guess. I'm more excited when there is consistency. Like the club saying "jump, jump, jump, jump" repeatedly, and adrenaline coarses. How about euphoria/bonus stats from revenge and special finishers? Like if i'm playing the game well reward the player. How about expressive emo, shame visuals, embarassment, and guilt and hangovers and drug crashing? Maybe taking over the gang after getting close to the leader story elements. Dialect and accent learning dictionarys for story inhibition and progression. I play your games with subtitles anyway so throw in some Polish streetcodes or make your own unique language that uses the atypical dictionary; frag that, hey chummer, jacked in, etc. Immersive elements like AI assisted learning of player habits and interests. Maybe some autopiloting adjustments. How about some crazy shit like a tank girl moment? like the character gets F'd up on some substance and blacks out intermittenly while the player navigates through nonsense. Randomized of course so that in game drug use amounts to lost wages, time, and potentially/likely danger, but perhaps fun, or just a story + scars + new tattoos + new lovers - fiances. Yeah that would be a great way to totally mix up a player's game if they get bored. Just take some 2077 jet fuel and guzzle a robot's worth of crank, then after a bunch of situations, find out the consequences later (married to a street light, holding a car door, internet doofus of the week, itchy genitals, extra genitals, missing genitals, etc. Its a robot wonderland right? the ok coral stuff is cool, but reallllllly low IQ. So jazz it up chummers! or do what you do, ruin a genre the way westerners made manbuns horrifyingly unfashionable.)
Post automatically merged:

The CDPR Cy2077 title may capitalize on existing cyberpunk culture while expanding on some of the lower budjet success stories. What makes cyberpunk successful? Like the original syndicate strategy element? but not like the failed bullettime syndicate of past years? Like DeusX? Like low budget steam titles that earn coin on concept? Like a book? Like Gibson? Like neuromancer? Like what Reeves has pneumonically been there and done that? Is takeshi gonna laser whip somebody? Are plasma claws popping out? Why the gender specificity? Male or female in 2077? So I can't be a trans mayor crusading against the techno-underworld? I can't be a eunich gimp gutting fishes for the mob? I have to be billy the kid or a chromed out whore? I can be a western stereotype again? I can't be a modified hemaphrodite super soldier? If sex drugs and EMO/rap soundtrack sells and your selling, can my character join a prostitution sting operation and decapitate the kingpin while climbing on top with some transient trip hop? you guys saw KITE right? Armitage? how about it guys? gonna feed a preorderer like myself some freshly broken ground? gonna remix the classics for profit? a little of this and that is cool I guess. I'm more excited when there is consistency. Like the club saying "jump, jump, jump, jump" repeatedly, and adrenaline coarses. How about euphoria/bonus stats from revenge and special finishers? Like if i'm playing the game well reward the player. How about expressive emo, shame visuals, embarassment, and guilt and hangovers and drug crashing? Maybe taking over the gang after getting close to the leader story elements. Dialect and accent learning dictionarys for story inhibition and progression. I play your games with subtitles anyway so throw in some Polish streetcodes or make your own unique language that uses the atypical dictionary; frag that, hey chummer, jacked in, etc. Immersive elements like AI assisted learning of player habits and interests. Maybe some autopiloting adjustments. How about some crazy shit like a tank girl moment? like the character gets F'd up on some substance and blacks out intermittenly while the player navigates through nonsense. Randomized of course so that in game drug use amounts to lost wages, time, and potentially/likely danger, but perhaps fun, or just a story + scars + new tattoos + new lovers - fiances. Yeah that would be a great way to totally mix up a player's game if they get bored. Just take some 2077 jet fuel and guzzle a robot's worth of crank, then after a bunch of situations, find out the consequences later (married to a street light, holding a car door, internet doofus of the week, itchy genitals, extra genitals, missing genitals, etc. Its a robot wonderland right? the ok coral stuff is cool, but reallllllly low IQ. So jazz it up chummers! or do what you do, ruin a genre the way westerners made manbuns horrifyingly unfashionable.)

ALSO WHY HASN'T MR. REEVES SAID "HIT ME" YET!! while taking down "The man" with his hacker brain?! He did it as the doctor in that brain transfer movie! Come on "Johnny!" hit me with the hit me. Its timeless!!! Freaking priceless!

Last edited:
@Marcin Momot
@Lilayah
I'm inlove with the sounds already
*Grimes
This game will be a force to be reckoned with,the epitome of what the players really want in a game. I cant wait for it,ive pre-orderd n additional copy just to store in a protective glass container ❤

I am very excited for the single player aspect of the game, but some ideas popped into my head that I'm sure cdpr have already discussed but here they are anyway.

**Cyber Agents** each game mode, (besides malware) you can pick from an assortment of Agents each of which comes from the existing cyberpunk universe. They each have a certain look and set abilities that are complimented from the single player game. Passive, and two main abilities. Some have more health, some can go invisible for a short time, others have beserk mode that sort of thing. Releasing new Agents every so often, that have differing abilities. Start off with a couple unlocked but by playing earn points to unlock others.

**Multiple revolving modes** each of which can be played joined as random or you can go in with a team (esports!?)

*Capture the node*- 2 teams of 10, with multiple maps of the differing parts of the city two teams try to capture eachothers glowing node. Each team is comprised of preset cyberpunks (Cyber Agents)each with set abilities. Think league of legends champions that have a distinct look an certain skills.

*Malware*- 10 player, similar to assasins Creed multiplayer, this is a living breathing cyber arena with NPCs, your job is to rack up the most kills while blending into the environment to be successful. In this game mode you can choose from multiple abilities to customize, giving multiple facets for play.

*Robattle Royal* 24 player, look for supplies (ammo, weapons, armor). Using your Cyber Agent (set abilities) be the last to survive. Single player, duo, or trio.

*Creative* players get to build using map tools their own map. Can set the rules and environment to make climbing maps, arenas, or anything they desire (Halo forge)

**Monetization** it's ok to want to make money for the hard work you do, but never lose sight of doing it the right way. Players love to earn rewards for being dedicated (playing) and for doing well. But the rewards should be cosmetic, Apex legends has the right idea, earn skins, even new Agents, but also have the option to buy. From Cyber Legends skins to weapon skins if you make a good polished product people will pay and keep coming back. Also making quality game modes can add an esports scene which is always a great way to get some extra cash and keep the game going for multiple years.

Anyway these are just my I can't sleep ideas, I am sure cdpr already has an idea of what they are going to do but I thought I'd put the ideas out into the void of the internet hoping someone sees and puts me on a creative team so I can quit teaching. Goodluck cdpr we are all rooting for you, you are one of the good ones.

Hello, greetings from Argentina. Watching your gameplays and trailers you can say that Spanish has a place in the world of cyberpunk, as in California nowadays, and I wanted to recommend you (knowing my skills are not comparable with your developers) to a musician that I cant stop associate with your game. His artistic name is Ca7riel and Paco amoroso and his genre are rap / trap but with a futuristic aggregate. I recommend you listen to these songs: Mcfly, Jala Jala, Ola Mina xd, BZRP Music Sessions, No aterrizo.

Thank you very much, I hope you can read me , sory for my english

Now I don't know if this has been mentioned or anything but when it comes to character customization I want the option to go all out. Like have the basics for ease but also the option to go in depth with things like scars, tattoos, he'll let me decide if I have an accent and shit.

For me my biggest issue is always the lack of character design depth I'm given. Hopefully I'll be able to make my PC look as cool in this world as my artist drew her up

Sorry for the late reply:

I'm not talking about content modified by the change of medium, I'm talking about things that aren't there anymore.
There are things that simply don't suit the medium of video games. I just think it's important that there are factors that separate the different versions, so fans will have a reason to enjoy them both.

For example, an important difference is how each version views or treats the player. In a narrative driven SP video game, the entire universe revolves around the player. All game systems and challenges are balanced for the "best" experience for the PC. Whereas with a pen and paper RPG, there are multiple players and the world does not revolve around them, instead the players have to somehow survive and win by navigating and mastering what opportunities they have. They are different experiences that cannot be reconciled.

I think the closest representation of pen and paper in video game form I know of is Divinity Original Sin 2's Gamemaster Mode, but that doesn't apply for the purpose of CP2077 and this discussion.

This reddit post highlights the differences rather well, and I think it's a good read:
https://www.reddit.com/r/DnDBehindTheScreen/comments/9jdg24

Last edited:
Sorry for the late reply (and Mods, apologies in advance as this will be slightly OT in order to explain my point):

There are things that simply don't suit the medium of video games. I just think it's important that there are factors that separate the different versions, so fans will have a reason to enjoy them both.

For example, an important difference is how each version views or treats the player. In a narrative driven SP video game, the entire universe revolves around the player. All game systems and challenges are balanced for the "best" experience for the PC. Whereas with a pen and paper RPG, there are multiple players and the world does not revolve around them, instead the players have to somehow survive and win by navigating and mastering what opportunities they have. They are different experiences that cannot be reconciled.

I think the closest representation of pen and paper in video game form I know of is Divinity Original Sin 2's Gamemaster Mode, but that doesn't apply for the purpose of CP2077 and this discussion.

This reddit post highlights the differences rather well, and I think it's a good read:
https://www.reddit.com/r/DnDBehindTheScreen/comments/9jdg24

Minus:
-I don't know why you quoted me, as what you wrote mostly isn't what I've been talking about as I'm was speaking about element of C2077 that were removed from the game without reasons like impossibility to adapt them.

-So of the argument in your quote seems weird to me: "The world is real" can and have already been applied to videogames with succes (and on the other side too: in some PnP the GM can makes things wait until the payer are there, without telling them most of the time for some dramatic effect). Second point is the same: It depends, both in videogames and PnP. I actually say "depend on the game" for everything minus "The world is dangerous and persistent".

I don't know why you quoted me, as what you wrote mostly isn't what I've been talking about as I'm was speaking about element of C2077 that were removed from the game without reasons like impossibility to adapt them.

My original point was that PnP cannot translate into video games perfectly and some things will inevitably be lost. If you were referring to specific features being cut from CP2077, that were in the PnP version, then I'm not sure what those are and it was never really what I was trying to get at.

"The world is real" can and have already been applied to videogames with succes

Sure, and I think MMOs would be the defining genre for this notion. MMOs have many players, with each of their decisions affecting the same game world, which creates a very real and persistent world. But specifically, with single-player choice driven RPGs like The Witcher 3, for example, where player agency is of the utmost importance, all important events are controlled by the player.

Last edited:
While I'm aware this is less of a Noir\Bladerunner game and more of a Cyberpunk action oriented game, I'd really like to suggest the following.

I'd like to see at some point the ability to step back and take in the city at night. Imagine sitting out on the balcony on a high-rise apartment with the rain outside. The music plays chill-synthwave music, and you can just watch the traffic, hear the city sounds, the sound of the rain hitting the railing, the city neon lights, and a bustling city below. You know, just a pause in the action; a place to kick back and take it all in.

I'd also like to suggest the Long-Night mode. Some people have difficulty sleeping and put up ambient sounds to listen to in order to fall asleep better. Long-Night mode would essentially be a non-interactive camera set up where you have a selection of points of view to display and listen to the city night. Since this isn't "in-game action", it can indefinitely be night (and not affect gameplay). People could also use this mode to just put up on a monitor for some cool ambiance for a room.
The original Bladerunner game did something similar (though limited due to technology restrictions back then):

Just as an example, there are a lot of youtube videos of people setting up cameras from their city windows for hours. These things get hundreds of thousands of views. Below, someone took it a bit further and did a city-walk, which has 3.5 million views (people love this stuff):

I mean, heck, why not have an on-rails "city tour" you can just leave running, much like the video above but in-game?
TLDR; Have a nice ambiance option for the game to kick back and take a break and truly get lost in the world design.

While I'm aware this is less of a Noir\Bladerunner game and more of a Cyberpunk action oriented game, I'd really like to suggest the following.

I'd like to see at some point the ability to step back and take in the city at night. Imagine sitting out on the balcony on a high-rise apartment with the rain outside. The music plays chill-synthwave music, and you can just watch the traffic, hear the city sounds, the sound of the rain hitting the railing, the city neon lights, and a bustling city below. You know, just a pause in the action; a place to kick back and take it all in.

I'd also like to suggest the Long-Night mode. Some people have difficulty sleeping and put up ambient sounds to listen to in order to fall asleep better. Long-Night mode would essentially be a non-interactive camera set up where you have a selection of points of view to display and listen to the city night. Since this isn't "in-game action", it can indefinitely be night (and not affect gameplay). People could also use this mode to just put up on a monitor for some cool ambiance for a room.
The original Bladerunner game did something similar (though limited due to technology restrictions back then):

Just as an example, there are a lot of youtube videos of people setting up cameras from their city windows for hours. These things get hundreds of thousands of views. Below, someone took it a bit further and did a city-walk, which has 3.5 million views (people love this stuff):

I mean, heck, why not have an on-rails "city tour" you can just leave running, much like the video above but in-game?
TLDR; Have a nice ambiance option for the game to kick back and take a break and truly get lost in the world design.

This is a pretty cool idea. Just release a drone or something, and it travels around Night City at random as the AI goes about its business. It would be awesome to hear, say, the way the background ambiance changes as you move from one region to the next...or the music and speech shifting into various accents...all without any gameplay-related things to distract from just observing.

I like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom