Cyberpunk 2077 - Your Ideas For A Dream RPG

+
Status
Not open for further replies.

We want the Cyberpunk 2077 to be the best RPG possible. Feel free to share your ideas and features that you would like to see in our upcoming game.

We want to hear your input:)
As cyberpunk is a first-person RPG I would like to see satisfying gunplay. You know when I pull the trigger I should feel that satisfying 'thud' sound and the enemy hit animations. Please don't go for HP grind

I had been dreamily awaiting cyberpunk 2077 for quite some time now but I just found out it was completely in first person even in dialogues. I know it might seem as I have been in a hole as apparently I also found out it was confirmed to be FP in 2018.
I respect CDPR for this decision as they are the developers and know what game they want to make and of course I would still buy it and play it.
But.
Its very sad for me, literally I am heartbroken. All those expressions and body language and reactions I wont be able to see on my character (that obviously I would take a lot of time to create) in dialogues. All the missed opportunities of bonding with my created character. However, I do am grateful for the fact that the character would be voiced as I would lose interest because if I want to practice escapism, then watching a silent arm with weapons on the screen can be pretty boring. Oh, the missed opportunity to relax on a couch with a controller in hand, relaxed and immersed in your characters behind as they do their antics and make interesting facial expressions.
I like good games even if they are FP like Metro Exodus for example. But, I feel disconnected from the world. Oh, it is a sad sad moment for me :(
Take this post as it is, I just wanted to let it out although I have never actively posted in any forum.

Guest 4392008

We want the Cyberpunk 2077 to be the best RPG possible. Feel free to share your ideas and features that you would like to see in our upcoming game.

We want to hear your input:)

Hello,
I know this is not an RPG aspect but listen to me please, CD PROJEKT RED makes great games but they lack one thing and that is the memorable box art, now don't get me wrong, blood and wine had a good box art, a really cool one that is memorable but cyberpunk just has a portrait that isn't innovative.

now let me explain an example of innovative box art that can become memorable and maybe unique and even make you want to buy it again a long time later just cause you saw it in a store window and nostalgia overtook you

well, my idea is to make the character a glitched-out silhouette of the main character that is currently being used and make the glitches show parts of the different current top dogs in the game before the main character inserts himself into the scene; it gives the feeling that they all have a stake in the matter and they want their share and in order to do that, they try to force themselves in and overshadow the main character at every turn.
Post automatically merged:

(I'm new here)I heard that you can make your own character from scratch i think this should have a multiplayer

that can be done well actually,

but there are two routes this can take:
1. it becomes so successful they pull the focus from the campaign like call of duty did
2. its very fun but they stick with campaign focused gameplay like assassin's creed did
if #1 were to happen that would either be a disaster beyond reason or the loss of a good single player game developer for a good multiplayer game developer which is a double-edged sword

Saint Row is already doing it. You can dress up as a women if you're male etc. You can get dildo and kill stuff with it etc. You can wear some bunny dress etc. I personally hope they wont get "silly" with this. Cyber and Clothes should be enough "cross-dressing".

I read stuff that next Saint Row is gonna be announced this year.

yay more saints row

The CDPR Cy2077 title may capitalize on existing cyberpunk culture while expanding on some of the lower budjet success stories. What makes cyberpunk successful? Like the original syndicate strategy element? but not like the failed bullettime syndicate of past years? Like DeusX? Like low budget steam titles that earn coin on concept? Like a book? Like Gibson? Like neuromancer? Like what Reeves has pneumonically been there and done that? Is takeshi gonna laser whip somebody? Are plasma claws popping out? Why the gender specificity? Male or female in 2077? So I can't be a trans mayor crusading against the techno-underworld? I can't be a eunich gimp gutting fishes for the mob? I have to be billy the kid or a chromed out whore? I can be a western stereotype again? I can't be a modified hemaphrodite super soldier? If sex drugs and EMO/rap soundtrack sells and your selling, can my character join a prostitution sting operation and decapitate the kingpin while climbing on top with some transient trip hop? you guys saw KITE right? Armitage? how about it guys? gonna feed a preorderer like myself some freshly broken ground? gonna remix the classics for profit? a little of this and that is cool I guess. I'm more excited when there is consistency. Like the club saying "jump, jump, jump, jump" repeatedly, and adrenaline coarses. How about euphoria/bonus stats from revenge and special finishers? Like if i'm playing the game well reward the player. How about expressive emo, shame visuals, embarassment, and guilt and hangovers and drug crashing? Maybe taking over the gang after getting close to the leader story elements. Dialect and accent learning dictionarys for story inhibition and progression. I play your games with subtitles anyway so throw in some Polish streetcodes or make your own unique language that uses the atypical dictionary; frag that, hey chummer, jacked in, etc. Immersive elements like AI assisted learning of player habits and interests. Maybe some autopiloting adjustments. How about some crazy shit like a tank girl moment? like the character gets F'd up on some substance and blacks out intermittenly while the player navigates through nonsense. Randomized of course so that in game drug use amounts to lost wages, time, and potentially/likely danger, but perhaps fun, or just a story + scars + new tattoos + new lovers - fiances. Yeah that would be a great way to totally mix up a player's game if they get bored. Just take some 2077 jet fuel and guzzle a robot's worth of crank, then after a bunch of situations, find out the consequences later (married to a street light, holding a car door, internet doofus of the week, itchy genitals, extra genitals, missing genitals, etc. Its a robot wonderland right? the ok coral stuff is cool, but reallllllly low IQ. So jazz it up chummers! or do what you do, ruin a genre the way westerners made manbuns horrifyingly unfashionable.)

ALSO WHY HASN'T MR. REEVES SAID "HIT ME" YET!! while taking down "The man" with his hacker brain?! He did it as the doctor in that brain transfer movie! Come on "Johnny!" hit me with the hit me. Its timeless!!! Freaking priceless!

the stuff you say are more sandbox than RPG lets take it one step at a time game by game

not having unkillable children because of how somehow "they r just bttr than evry1 else and bc of that they r immortal" like in bethesda's games
deus ex and fallout first few games were low profile this one aint

Last edited by a moderator:
I know this is kinda silly for some but, steering wheel compatibility would be a dream for me.
Imagine yourself cruising, driving or drifting through Night City with Synthwave music playing, how awesome would that be?

But yeah if the physics are like GTA then it's pointless, some realism and decent physics are required.

To have Johnny Silverhand as a playable character with some flavour of Matrix crossover. That would be a cool recipe for a post-launch content :ok:

I would want an ability once I have finished the story and have started a new game to speed up leveling and related mechanics so that it is easier to see all of the side activities that I might have missed the first playthrough. Since I personally hate when either parts of the world is blocked by level or I have made a wrong choice and I forgot to save before or any sort of issues like that. I like that from the gameplay seen in the demo you used the same kind of electronic interactions that "Prey" used since I really like that style of interaction. I also really like that the game was delayed although I am a bit mad that I need to wait longer. Because it allows you guys to not be so pressured when it comes to the end of the development cycle.

Guest 3842833

For me making it close to the original Deus Ex (1999) What made it great wasn't just that you had a lot of choice and options, but the fact that said choice and options were completely seamless. There weren't pop up menus that point out that you were making a choice. Your natural actions in the game affected things.

Also the ability to respec your character mid playthrough is also nice.

I had been dreamily awaiting cyberpunk 2077 for quite some time now but I just found out it was completely in first person even in dialogues. I know it might seem as I have been in a hole as apparently I also found out it was confirmed to be FP in 2018.

I agree with this so much. I've said in other threads, I get motion sickness very easily so FFP kills games for me. But I also agree with the connectedness you mentioned. It's strange because you would think since you were looking out of their eyes that it would make you feel more connected to your character and like YOU are in the game, but that isn't the case for me. When I read, and I make myself the main character of my book, I don't see everything through my eyes, I see the character in third person and live the story with them, as them. When I create a character, I create an ideal that I wished I was irl. Features I don't have, or a sick ass cybernetic eye and face tats etc, this allows me to live a fantasy. It takes me out of being ME and allows me to envision myself as my character by seeing my character. Without SEEING my character, I'm just my regular ass mundane (albeit still a queen) self sitting in my chair playing video game in my pajamas. Not wearing sick ass armor and being a cybernetic badass. That's just my view.

I would really like to be able to fully 3d view all equipment (weapons, armor, mods etc) like they do with Borderlands weapons. So you can select any weapon or any component on the weapon and be able to rotate it in 3d, zoom in and out, change skins etc. so we can make some nice screenshots of our gear.

-i would love to see special one of a kind weapons and armor (like the alien pistol from Fallout, or a named item from skyrim)
-some customization choices for the apartment (maybe a trophy case fore cool items like in the blood and wine dlc)
-hiden rooms
-fun quests with deasent rewards (aka the opposite of tedious and long quests with low reward that add nothing to the game)
-plenty of character customisation, but not to the same point as black desert, but more like the sims 4
-weaponds wehere you actualy feel like it is dangerus not only hige recoil where its hard to aim
-what would be really cool is to customize a gun or mele weapond from scratch (maybe you start with a highly qustemiseble frame and chose everything form a barrol and magazine to the triger and handle)

To have Johnny Silverhand as a playable character with some flavour of Matrix crossover. That would be a cool recipe for a post-launch content :ok:
I agree. I'd buy that DLC.

Also add CAR stance like in John Wick.

nice WATCHMEN poster avatar by the way

For me making it close to the original Deus Ex (1999) What made it great wasn't just that you had a lot of choice and options, but the fact that said choice and options were completely seamless. There weren't pop up menus that point out that you were making a choice. Your natural actions in the game affected things.

Also the ability to respec your character mid playthrough is also nice.
could be cool if char could smoke or eat chips like in OG DE too. but this time with full animation Escape from Tarkov esque.

I am really looking for CP2077 to deliver something nu-Deus Exes didn't. I believe in the power of slav brain.

First person combat eliminates the challenge of combat.
What?!?!?

When you base your combat system on player skill you limit the combat to quick twitch muscles and the ability to aim. You can defeat opponents way over your "level" by exploiting the AIs inherent, and unavoidable, limitations. With traditional RPG combat you are limited by your character stats, skills, equipment, buff/healing items, tactics, and even the dreaded RNG of skill checks/rolls. If you replay an RPG combat it never turns out the exact same way twice because of the sheer number of variables. In FPS combat you merely rinse and repeat the same basic moves over-and-over because there are fewer (if any) variables, and this is more challenging and exciting?

In PnP Cyberpunk you NEED that long list of character skills because the combat is lethal and challenging, the player needs ways to avoid combat and still achieve their goals/missions. In CP2077 there may be one or two (at best) ways to accomplish a mission without combat, but combat is always an option for the skilled FPS player. And as an option the skilled FPS gamer can always win ... I ask again ... where's the challenge?

Last edited:
First person combat eliminates the challenge of combat.
What?!?!?

When you base your combat system on player skill you limit the combat to quick twitch muscles and the ability to aim. You can defeat opponents way over your "level" by exploiting the AIs inherent, and unavoidable, limitations. With traditional RPG combat you are limited by your character stats, skills, equipment, buff/healing items, tactics, and even the dreaded RNG of skill checks/rolls. If you replay an RPG combat it never turns out the exact same way twice because of the sheer number of variables. In FPS combat you merely rinse and repeat the same basic moves over-and-over because there are fewer (if any) variables, and this is more challenging and exciting?

In PnP Cyberpunk you NEED that long list of character skills because the combat is lethal and challenging, the player needs ways to avoid combat and still achieve their goals/missions. In CP2077 there may be one or two (at best) ways to accomplish a mission without combat, but combat is always an option for the skilled FPS player. And as an option the skilled FPS gamer can always win ... I ask again ... where's the challenge?
FPS dumbass here, lemme dive into this.

First of all, the challenge of any FPS is the player's ability to handle the fight successfully. Sometimes you kill everyone and get little to no health or ammo or something else left, which puts you into a massive challenge unless you come prepared and stack up on healing items or something. You may find yourself in multiple tough fights like that in a row, loosing your stacks as a result and coming bare and vulnerable into your next fight or a boss fight, if there is one, and these tend to be more difficult and demanding.

Second, you may find yourself in a situation where you're simply outnumbered, not in a good position, or have to face a heavy unit with high-damage output. Or worse, multiple tough targets with smaller, but more agile and annoying targets dealing extra damage to you and furthermore distracting your attention (they also take ammo to kill, which is the first paragraph type of a challenge).

Third, given the fact that's all gonna be about Cyberpunk and technology's intrusion into every single bit of our lives, including combat, we may as well get enemies that are nearly impossible to kill unless you know where or when to shoot. They don't even have to be bosses or mini-bosses, they might be just heavy troops or something, which you gotta approach at a different angle that they may cover with faster movement speeds or the angle itself may require you to be put into a disadvantaging sutiation, think high-risk high-reward type of a deal.

We've seen firearms mixed with tech, and the enemies may get those, too, which is an extra layer most of their FPS titles don't get. Again, cyberpunk as a setting allows the devs some degree of freedom with the combat system and all the fights we gotta do, not like Call of Duty or something.

DOOM Eternal is a fine example, I think. They throw lots of different types of enemies at you nearly at once, forcing you to prioritize targets, consider moving around the battle area and use your arsenal wisely as the ammo can get pretty scare on higher difficulties. It all feels organic there because that universe isn't really bound by realism that much, and I think cyberpunk won't suffer from certain imagination freedom neither.

What do you suggest, though? TPS? Turn-based combat?

FPS can be challenging, especially if you want it to be and crank up the diifculty. Most importantly, it is real-time, as you said, which gives you very little time to think during your fight. I mean, if at all was that easy and came down to muscle memory or something, I doubt there'd be such a huge skill gap present in the FPS scene.

Some fine FPS combat would be great for Cyberpunk 2077, I think, especially so if the devs exploit the setting to throw something fresh and bold at the player. As an RPG, though, I don't think it'd suffer much if it didn't have the the most impressive and challenging and super cool combat system. It's gotta be fun first and foremost.

Love to see a scandinavian Corp in the game haha mabye somthing with food or mining/oil industry. to be honest i would like it if every corp that is in the game(or key corps) u can visit and talk to the reception about stuff mabye quests or somthing.

I respect CDPR for this decision as they are the developers and know what game they want to make and of course I would still buy it and play it.
But.
Its very sad for me, literally I am heartbroken. All those expressions and body language and reactions I wont be able to see on my character (that obviously I would take a lot of time to create) in dialogues. All the missed opportunities of bonding with my created character. However, I do am grateful for the fact that the character would be voiced as I would lose interest because if I want to practice escapism, then watching a silent arm with weapons on the screen can be pretty boring. Oh, the missed opportunity to relax on a couch with a controller in hand, relaxed and immersed in your characters behind as they do their antics and make interesting facial expressions.
I like good games even if they are FP like Metro Exodus for example. But, I feel disconnected from the world. Oh, it is a sad sad moment for me :(
Take this post as it is, I just wanted to let it out although I have never actively posted in any forum.

They never really confirmed or denied "All FPS cutscenes news", even more, they are more leaning towards denying it than confirming. Again, they now heve more time to polish and ad stuff. Maybe cutscenes were under question just because the time limitation? With the time basically doubled, all's possible. Don't loose hope. And stay away from unconfirmed pseudo news, that gets out there because some jurno can't tell a Video Game from a Video Clip. Or is from Kotaku.

A dream rpg will have replayability, i think the first rpg who nailed it was Gothic 1, you had to finish it atleast 3 times with every faction to see it all, you already know what was going to happen in the second playthrough but the characters reacted differently based on your faction of choice, The Witcher series tried something similar to a point but did not deliver as expected.

In Mass Effect 2 you had the option to kill Wrex because of something he did, i did not kill him not even the second playthrough, why? because i cared for him he was my pal no matter how many times i replay the game, to kill or not a character is no enough to make you replay something.

My point is as big in game events unfold being on the other side of the party and see how characters react around you that is replayability at the highest level that only few games achieved.

Hi cdpr. I do not know how the character will be pumped in cb 2077, so I will offer my idea. I only ask you, do not make a system of accumulating experience as in other RPGs. This system does not look realistic, and if you want, you can justify the improvement of character skills with ENT. There are implants in the cb 2077 universe and it will be very strange if their improvement will occur with the help of some abstract experience. Of course, improvements in the cb world must be made for money. And so, the manufacturer of implents sells its product with different "packages", as car dealers in the real world, for example, do. Buying the cheapest option, you get the minimum possible. And in the most expensive, all possible implant options are open. The implants themselves are the same, just in cheap they programmatically cut down most of the possibilities. And you can open these opportunities simply by purchasing them. We go to the improvement menu, choose what we want to improve, the money is transferred to the account of the company of the implant that happened, and they remotely remove the restriction on the purchased improvement. But since all the restrictions in implants are at the program level, then they can be cracked. To do this, the game must have hackers. Buying improvements from them will certainly be cheaper than from an official manufacturer. Before hacking, they remove the dump in your device, so that in case of brick it can be restored. But there will be no more risks, and henceforth it will not be possible to buy improvements from the manufacturer, because he will once find a hack and block all the implant's capabilities. Not a skilled hacker can disable the implant or it will not work as it should. Sometimes freezes or crashes can occur. Or if the hacker did not sufficiently protect the implant from checking for software authenticity, the manufacturer can disconnect the implant remotely if it detects that it has been compromised. And in case of any breakdowns, you will have to turn to the same hacker, since only he has dumps of the software of your implant and of course he will take some amount of money for restoration. The better the hacker, the less risks and problems and the more he takes for the job, but no more than buying licensed improvements. Of course, implant hacking opens up possibilities for modifying system code and creating functions not provided by manufacturers. You can find all the hackers in darknet and buy upgrades remotely. I understand that there’s not much left of the game, but I just suggested an idea that you can take note of and can change something. Sorry for Google Translate.

A dream rpg will have replayability, i think the first rpg who nailed it was Gothic 1, you had to finish it atleast 3 times with every faction to see it all, you already know what was going to happen in the second playthrough but the characters reacted differently based on your faction of choice, The Witcher series tried something similar to a point but did not deliver as expected.

Very good point. And I see that only the first Witcher managed to achieve this sort of replayability. The theme it had of evil, lesser evil, and neutral playthrough gave it a unique replay value that W2 and W3 lacked of.

In Mass Effect 2 you had the option to kill Wrex because of something he did, i did not kill him not even the second playthrough, why? because i cared for him he was my pal no matter how many times i replay the game, to kill or not a character is no enough to make you replay something.

I agree with the general purpose of this part. Choices like do you like red or green color are not really rethinkable. If you like the red color and not the green one, then you will always not like the green color no matter how many times you look at it and choose the red one instead. However, I have to disagree with Mass Effect 2 as an example of lack of replayability. The game offered much more than the choice with Wrex.

My point is as big in game events unfold being on the other side of the party and see how characters react around you that is replayability at the highest level that only few games achieved.

In my opinion, replay value is very subjective. What is replayable for 10 people will not be so for a thousand others. But I think that the important thing to consider is not to make different choices based on just what is right or wrong, rather, to be mainly based on the possible choices given the situation at hand. But most likely these things are finalized in Cyberpunk, so I guess we will just have to wait and see how things unfold and hope for the best.

Guest 3842833

In my opinion reply value is also tied to length. The shorter the game the easier it is to reply while longer games are harder to reply even with incentives such as New Game +

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom