Cyberpunk 2077 - Your Ideas For A Dream RPG

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
A little question, hope to get the answer 一点疑问

In 2077, we know we can personalize our eyes, hair, and even private parts.
Do NPCS in the game have special events or special dialogues for these Settings?
If it is just decoration, no effect, it seems not so real, there may be a little disappointment.

2077中,我们知道可以个性化自己的眼睛、头发,甚至是隐私部位。
那么游戏中的NPC,会对这些设定发生特殊事件,或者产生特殊的对白吗?
如果只是单纯的摆设,没有任何作用,似乎不那么真实,可能会有一点点失望。

One of the journalists who got to play the demo was messing around and stripped down to his undies. Then citizens of NC started making comments about it until one guy came up and murdered him for being naked 🤣

It's quite awesome reading the first few pages of this thread, realizing just how many of these suggestions they actually adopted, and included in the game.

Hello
I want some animals like dogs companions with kill animations like Dead to Rights Retribution
Like in this video :
especially in 3:30 and 4:37
I would be very grateful if you put this stuff in your game.
Thanks

We want the Cyberpunk 2077 to be the best RPG possible. Feel free to share your ideas and features that you would like to see in our upcoming game.

We want to hear your input:)

I do not know if you still read in this forum and if you are still up to suggestions. But anyways me and my roommate had an idea and maybe, just maybe it is something you would consider helpful or even good for the game.

It's about the subway thing. As I heard about that you would remove the subway to travel in nightcity and instead would like to implement a quick travel system like that in the witcher 3 wild hunt I was sad. I'd love to have an immersive ingame travel options.
So me and my roomate we thought about how we would love to solve the quick travel issue since we understand that some gamers might like to have such option, especially in the late game when they just want to complete all the side quests and the world is more or less an empty world, since they already completed nearly everything else.
So we came up with the idea of making both. An immersive but slower ingame travel option and a quick travel like system. But instead of teleporting from one sign to another we would rather see some sort oft taxi/uber system. Of course this would limit the quick travel on roads and maybe rooftops because you could use air taxis for that, but this would open up some options for you to make it more immersive and kind of have a better control over how the game will be played.

The uber/taxi option would require money. You need to pay for quick travel. Not much. It should not be very expensive, but it should be costly enough so that especially beginners/new players at the beginning of the story would kind of avoid using taxi/uber since it is not affordable for them..yet. That way they would travel more by foot and you kinda encourage them to explore the map, finding all those little secrets you placed for them somewhere.
Later when money isn't that much of an issue anymore, at least using the taxi option here and there is not an issue anymore, than the player might have seen enough anyways.

Next to the quick travel (taxi/uber) you could reimplement the subway/metro system. With that you can just travel between fixed stations. It's for free, but it takes time. The metro/subway is an experience like in the real world, mostly random. You can put some random alogrithm in there that changes how crowded the metro is, maybe related to the time you use it ingame. You can implement dialogues and annoying things like crying babys or someone talking on the telefone way to loudly. You could even implement random encounters with some sort of quick time event. Like for example that if an old person enters the train you get the option to offer them your seat.

I will play this game anyways, but I would love to see that ingame. Both.

Thank you for having such a forum!

Im very excited.

Have a nice week!

Best regards
Struvi

threesome romance option
be able to see dreams or nightmares when are sleep
good enemy variety
simple but deep dialogue system ( not confusing )
after all dont get too realistic cause reality is not that lovely to play
dynamic building and towers ( for example you visit a place but its under construction after like 2 weeks you visit that again but this time its done )
holidays and festivals in the city
mature xscenes ( not like witcher 3 , same scene repeats for endless times )
dont make driving like riding roach ( driving in these recent trailers is tooo smooth and cinematic-ish , soooo:ohstopit:)
something like meditation in witcher 3 but much more enhanced ( like relaxing in bath or pool with ability to select a music to play and enjoying the view)
dont make the city too populated with crowds ( in witcher 3 , walking trough a crowd was a pain in the ass , cause they yearn every time you crash to them , its realistic i know but for example in a 20 people crowd its not that pleasant to keep hear ... you know:oops:)
dont keep add youtubers and streamers into the game , nowadays youtubers and youtube arent that praised ( its kinda Emo age of youtube sooo)o_O
dont get too realistic , please ,

Would it be possible to get some cool retro synthwave background music to listen to while cruising the city with other noises muted? Like this:

more exploration if there is not already enough. an by exploration i mean like sewer systems and small spaces which usually you wouldnt venture into

One of the parts I find crucial to any immerse RPG is ambient events. Things that are naturally "out of the ordinary" for day to day, but not exactly special. Seeing a small car crash is out of the ordinary, but generally nothing you wouldn't expect in a large city. I've been playing Mafia: Definitive Edition, and here are some examples of things that bring the world to life (albeit these are scripted for certain missions, though seeing them ambiently would be much better).

1601227914254.png

Paramedics and civilians trying to coax a man off the bridge to prevent him committing suicide. A car across the road was stopped to watch, too.

1601227975348.png

1601227992247.png

Cops and Medics at the scene of a vehicle collision as bystanders watch. Cones, barriers and cop cars set up to block the road. (Two barriers destroyed because a rogue AI truck decided to go right through them after his pathing was interrupted, but all other AI vehicles diverted and used another road).

1601242290289.png

An LHPD officer with a random civilian at a traffic stop.

Ambient events like these or more make the world seem more alive imo. Cops stopping a car on the side of the road, a random arrest occurring, random crimes committed by NPCs, a crime scene of a robbery or murder, Trauma Team evacuating their client from a medical emergency, a fire being put out etc.

Similarly to ambient events you spot, reactions to your own actions, be they from a mission or just free roam activities.

1601302004630.png

For example here, in Mafia, where the LHPD show up after a car bombing and keep bystanders at bay while another cop investigates the initial scene.

I also feel like cities feel more alive with other sorts of ambient events you usually see in missions. For example, we've all played through chase sequences where road construction blocks a path or creates a ramp, or other things block routes like police at a vehicle crash, a protest in the road, construction work in the way, etc etc. However when you then freeroam, you see none of these and it always feels like the "alive" world the mission gave you is ripped away. Seeing said events both in missions and as you freeroam, for example just roaming along but suddenly a street you were going take is closed by construction works, a crime scene, an accident etc makes the environment feel more responsive and living.

1601302843534.png

1601302866212.png

Road construction work during a chase in Mafia
1601302887866.png

Vehicle collision blocking a bridge during a chase in Mafia

I think we already saw some examples of this in the Postcards from Night City and Gangs of Night City videos though, So I'm already very pleased on that front!

1601302949308.png

A small crime scene after a killing with cops and crime scene technicians, seen during the "Mox" segment of the Gangs of Night City video.

1601302956143.png

What appears to be a HAZMAT crew cleaning up a hazardous material spill from the Postcards from Night City video.

Attachments

• 1601242251968.png
    1601242251968.png
    315.2 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
One of the parts I find crucial to any immerse RPG is ambient events. Things that are naturally "out of the ordinary" for day to day, but not exactly special. Seeing a small car crash is out of the ordinary, but generally nothing you wouldn't expect in a large city. I've been playing Mafia: Definitive Edition, and here are some examples of things that bring the world to life (albeit these are scripted for certain missions, though seeing them ambiently would be much better).

View attachment 11061380
Paramedics and civilians trying to coax a man off the bridge to prevent him committing suicide. A car across the road was stopped to watch, too.

View attachment 11061383
View attachment 11061386
Cops and Medics at the scene of a vehicle collision as bystanders watch. Cones, barriers and cop cars set up to block the road. (Two barriers destroyed because a rogue AI truck decided to go right through them after his pathing was interrupted, but all other AI vehicles diverted and used another road).

View attachment 11061401
An LHPD officer with a random civilian at a traffic stop.

Ambient events like these or more make the world seem more alive imo. Cops stopping a car on the side of the road, a random arrest occurring, random crimes committed by NPCs, a crime scene of a robbery or murder, Trauma Team evacuating their client from a medical emergency, a fire being put out etc.

Similarly to ambient events you spot, reactions to your own actions, be they from a mission or just free roam activities.

View attachment 11061488
For example here, in Mafia, where the LHPD show up after a car bombing and keep bystanders at bay while another cop investigates the initial scene.

I also feel like cities feel more alive with other sorts of ambient events you usually see in missions. For example, we've all played through chase sequences where road construction blocks a path or creates a ramp, or other things block routes like police at a vehicle crash, a protest in the road, construction work in the way, etc etc. However when you then freeroam, you see none of these and it always feels like the "alive" world the mission gave you is ripped away. Seeing said events both in missions and as you freeroam, for example just roaming along but suddenly a street you were going take is closed by construction works, a crime scene, an accident etc makes the environment feel more responsive and living.

View attachment 11061491
View attachment 11061494
Road construction work during a chase in Mafia
View attachment 11061497
Vehicle collision blocking a bridge during a chase in Mafia

I think we already saw some examples of this in the Postcards from Night City and Gangs of Night City videos though, So I'm already very pleased on that front!

View attachment 11061500
A small crime scene after a killing with cops and crime scene technicians, seen during the "Mox" segment of the Gangs of Night City video.

View attachment 11061503
What appears to be a HAZMAT crew cleaning up a hazardous material spill from the Postcards from Night City video.
Seems that some of the stuff I've said is definitely already part of the game! Was browsing through more screenshots and I am super excited to see what looks like various random events/ambient events!

Everything that we're not able to do now should be included in an update so that we can later on. Such as driving flying cars, customizing our own cars and riding subway trains.

Guest 4417988

PRELIMINARY NOTE: This article was translated via google translate because I do not know much English, I am sorry if there is a language disorder in my article.

Primarily: The character has a bodybuilding feature, active health status muscle, strength coordination etc. I strongly recommend having it function.

Secondly: I think this game in this top AAAA segment should be able to enter / exit the content of almost all works as possible.

Thirdly: I hope that NPCs have a high level of artificial intelligence, and I think they should be eye-to-eye when interacting with the character.

Finally: I suggest you focus more on the online side, especially the competition between players.

FINALLY NOTE: Cyberpunk 2077 is on the official Discord server, do not forget the Turkish community, we are very crowded in the game world.

First of all, I would like to express my gratitude to the CD Projekt Red team. You, as game developers, provide the players with the highest quality RPG experience possible, and you work hard for it. It would be nice to have a cinematic start when starting the game. The bloody and brutal systems in a video game can also feel believable, as many fights and abilities can feel satisfying. We would love to see NPC with augmented reality.

We want the Cyberpunk 2077 to be the best RPG possible. Feel free to share your ideas and features that you would like to see in our upcoming game.

We want to hear your input:)

Got a pretty simple one!

Can you please make the people hostile when you are stealing their cars in the game, some of them should be carrying stupid crazy guns and be able to kill the player in like 2 - 3 shots when they are being robbed of their car.

I'm a really good fan of cyberpunk, to really make this game a masterpiece for every person, it would be perfect to add THIRD PERSON PERSPECTIVE, so people that loves TPP will love this game and people that loves FPP will love it too.

A dream Cyberpunk game would be a game that
- functioned, looked and played a lot like Dreamweb,
- had 2020 rules emulated (as widely as possible; not completely) such that they could be converted back to PnP,
- has a blank slate character to the degree of what you choose in your lifepath,
- turnbased combat for relatively fast skirmishes instead of longwinded tactical battles (the game itself not being combat centered by default, but equally on all kinds of fronts),
- lots of interactivity with the world, objects, items and NPC's through character agency,
- has a noir-style story that is open-ended in that it has a compelling enough start for the character to keep moving and a number of end-states to reach, but the gameplay between those two would be completely up to the player and reactive to the players actions and choices (without a hard script on what needs to be done)
- is graphically humble and puts its eggs mostly in the gameplay and reactivity baskets

Last edited:
I honestly feel like everything I've seen from this game since 2018 has been progressively more dissapointing. I wish they'd have chosen a different approach, one that allowed them to focus on having interactive RPG systems. But it is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom