Cyberpunk 2077 - Your Ideas For A Dream RPG

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a completely custom character creation, including each role from the PnP 2020. Yes, that includes rockerboys; I really want to play a rockerboy. Someone suggested having a unique beginning, akin to dragon age origins, and one for each class would be awesome.

I'd love to see unique, dynamic NPCs that we can really dig into not only in terms of story, but also in their appearance and abilities.

For example, maybe at the start of the game, you could buy out the leg implant stock. And then later, poor wheelchair jimmy can't get the new legs he's been saving up for.

In another example, you could complete a mission in a particular explosive manner, resulting in many non-fatal NPC injuries. Then those NPCs have to repair or replace their face/limbs due to the wounds you inflicted on them.

Or maybe you cause a scare with a big hacking spree, and then more NPCs purchase anti-hacking measures to reflect that. This could have an economic impact in how much prospective buyers offer for your services, and whatnot.

Gore is pretty fun! I love gore and blood in video games. Maybe even some kind of fluid from cybernetic limbs would be pretty cool IMO!
CYBERNETIC GORE!! Defeat enemy that has a cybernetic arm... i can see it now, wires splitting, small parts flying out, little bit of electricity, some fluid, all from a large bullet or heavy melee attack!

Of all the things in the world, I want to FAIL.

I want to be HUNTED.
I want to be CHEATED.
I want to BLEED.
I want to SUFFER.
I wabnt to be the BAD guy in a BAD world.
I want to FLEE.
I want to be CHASED.
I want to live by my own rules, be HUNTED for that, lose a lot of times, but succeed THAT ONE TIME it really counts, IF I deserve it. And to have success, I want to make HARD choices, to CHEAT, ro BETRAY the ones I love, to be FORCED to do bad stuff.

Every victory should have the bitterness of BILE in my mouth.

The option to be law enforcement / mercenary and the option to be a criminal or someone of nefarious character.

Or simply the ability to be good or evil and play which ever side of the fence you want. the ability to flip from one side to the other depending on if you want to redeem your self from your evil acts, and be good, or vice versa

Also, once beating the game, the option to keep playign and progressing or completeing side missions you missed or what ever. not a game that simply ends and says "ok play it again" or "heres dlc". maybe a sandbox type world? that would be pretty cool imo

I'd love for protagonist to be a member of the police force, perhaps the investigation section of MaxTec. I long for a game where the motivation for a quest is not entirely your own and one where the quests don't feel like quests. Investigating a case of a missing teenager that recently got a brain aug or dealing with ripped tech trafficking sounds way better than killing ten boosters for a mob boss. Not to mention we really don't get to play as cops of any kind these days. Sleeping Dogs came close but ultimately failed to get the fact you're a cop across in a clear fashion.

In that sense I kinda wish the trailer showed the player origin story - a Psycho turned Squaddie. You could even still be a di*k, because we know MaxTec are no better than Psychos anyway. They just have badges to hide behind.

(I'm new here)I heard that you can make your own character from scratch i think this should have a multiplayer
or just co-op.

Here few more thoughts:

- Make sure game doesn't have OP offensive or defensive skills/abilities.
- Often weather changes. when it rains, your character clothing and hair get wet.. small touches like that really impress people..
- Racing? somewhere on outskirts of the city.. (side activities)
- Ability to import your own .mp3's just like on GTA3 PC version. Simply tune in to the car radio and choose user station to listen to your playlist. Everyone is happy :)
- Side missions involving other psycho-squad members like house raids etc. Or just one other teammate, support class/ranged class and you as tank/point man or opposite depends of the class and skill tree's.
-Underground fighting tournaments (side activities)

or just co-op.

Here few more thoughts:

- Make sure game doesn't have OP offensive or defensive skills/abilities.
- Often weather changes. when it rains, your character clothing and hair get wet.. small touches like that really impress people..
- Racing? somewhere on outskirts of the city.. (side activities)
- Ability to import your own .mp3's just like on GTA3 PC version. Simply tune in to the car radio and choose user station to listen to your playlist. Everyone is happy :)
- Side missions involving other psycho-squad members like house raids etc. Or just one other teammate, support class/ranged class and you as tank/point man or opposite depends of the class and skill tree's.
-Underground fighting tournaments (side activities)

Multiplayer could be fun, but I'd rather have an extremely well polished and content-filled single player. If they can work in something unique, then I'll be all for it; so long as they don't give us a tacked-on Horde clone.

Make that thing as complex and addicting as possible.
An open-world, sandbox-type of game that you can literally live in.

Don´t make this just another fluffy-puffy standard rpg in a cyberpunk universe.

please don`t...

Creating a new character and watching how it plays
out this time could be so exciting! That´s what cyberpunk is made for!!

What I would think would be really neat in Cyberpunk 2077 is where you could possibly outfit your character with implants but you are limited to how many you can have. If you have too many implants you will start to go psycho over a period of time. When you do go psycho, you have limited control of your character and you must make it to the nearest implant clinic (couldn't come up with a better name) to remove the implant. However, having an extra implant that could cause you to go psycho may help you in certain situations. For example, a mission is too hard to beat because of you being not very stealthy and getting spotted and killed. You could go buy a cloak implant (which are sold in the police station or black market, not in civilian implant clinics) to assist you in the mission. With that extra implant, you have a window of time before you go psycho to complete that mission. Some people may want to do this for most missions to make it easy, but they can't. After taking and getting rid the extra implant, you must give your body some time to heal unless you want your implants to work at half power and for you to be weaker.

Just a completely custom character creation, including each role from the PnP 2020. Yes, that includes rockerboys; I really want to play a rockerboy. Someone suggested having a unique beginning, akin to dragon age origins, and one for each class would be awesome.

On the subject of classes - I really think playing as a certain class should change the way the game plays overall. Nothing too drastic, but, well, example:

In Oblivion, you could choose from over a dozen classes or even customize your own. These would add little cosmetic changes to your character, but ultimately you would play the game the same way no matter what - go into a dungeon and stab things. I don't know what CD Projekt is planning in the gameplay department, but there should probably be a drastic difference between playing as a "soldier" and playing as a "hacker", or whatever the classes may be.

What I would think would be really neat in Cyberpunk 2077 is where you could possibly outfit your character with implants but you are limited to how many you can have. If you have too many implants you will start to go psycho over a period of time.

Good news! CP2020 features this as a BASE mechanic. It's the Humanity system and is pretty much what you describe, ( perhaps not coincidentally). You can also go cyberpyscho from having relatively few implants, depending on your base Empathy stat. No, Empathy is not a "moral meter"; it measures how well you relate to humans beings. You can be a really bad guy and just have a good grasp on what motivates people. or you can be a mild-mannered office clerk who has no idea and goes psycho from an interface plug and a biomonitor install. Those little buggers are a pain, since they are difficult to detect and can go off in the weirdest ways. Like making the train system they oversee run itself into itself...

I feel confident CDPR is including the Humanity mechanic.

You know, it's worth checking out the CP2020 base game to see where their inspiration is coming from. It's scattered all through the trailer for example.

-Meaningful decisions that can impact how NPCs perceive the protagonist.
-Give the option to allow the protagonist to be heartless.
-When a character levels up, allow for many different branches of abilities.
-A lot of weapon customization & different outfits to choose from.
-Have exploration be rewarding with many different hidden places.
-Mini games like darts, cards, or even russian roulette.
-Have places where we can grind for experience points & not have enemies scaling the same level with the playable character.
-Allow the ability to engage in a serious relationship with benefits and consequences.

well.. as far as RPG i dunno, but a perfect Cyberpunk game

a large open world glowing megatopolis in which you can hijack flying cars (or, just, buy one but where is the fun in that?) and interact with people to get more information about the world. what i would also like to see is total freedom of how you play the game outside of the main plot, for instance assuming you just wanted to sandbox around you could create a company that becomes a multiplanitary corporation that runs the city's economy, become a mob boss buying out the city government and ruling the streets, become mayor of the city (and be able to run it into the ground), become the chief of the futurepolice and take down crime and rule the streets with the law, a merc fr hire out for a head, or just running a fucking sandwich truck on a street corner.
all that sounds impossible and crazy right? well i'm going to make it more impossible and crazy!
interplanetary travel between different planets (each with it's own open world city) through mass space transit or by buying or making our own space vehicle out of purchasable (or unlockable by completing challenges) parts. with this you can obviously travel between planets, but you can also become a freight trader, a private supplier, a CEO who owns a massive corporation on one planet and takes total economic control of each adjacent one like a fucking money virus, or a freelance merc who blows up other spaceships because space battles are fucking awesome!

now if all of these seem like unreachable dreams with what you guys got. if i can just hijack a flying car, i'll be good.

Don't make a binary choice system. I hate games where the choices are Mother Teresa, Satan, and a random apathetic jerk. A choice system where your choices matter but aren't only this way or that way. Breaking linearity should not be frowned upon.

Here are a number of ideas off the top of my head I am a long term player and GM of cyberpunk so eat this and like it.

-Style over Substance - This is huge and should allow players to represent their in game choices with style. As technology sufficiently advances a character may choose to purchase a cyber arm or leg that seems to have an "old school" or "first generation" look of Russian cyberware for example that is still every bit as efficient as modern ware.

-Choices Matter - Even choices of gear, weapons etc may attract unwanted attention in certain areas. Choose your gear wisely, and be even more selective about your friends. In an open world game you have a huge opportunity for roving factions... as such you may easily be able to haul around that Assault Cannon in the Combat Zone but you are not going to get away with that in the super secure Corp Districts. More importantly you may need the good will of local: Gangs, Yakuza, Law Enforcement, Corpsec, Mafia, or Union etc to walk freely in certain areas. Until you have gathered the good will of the controlling interests you may find yourself harassed, or worse...

-Player Housing - What is important with Cyberpunk housing is that it is temporary, and even home can be dangerous. You could be overrun at home... you want to check your bed for grenades for example, because when you lay down it just might blow you into the ceiling... in fact what is that dark spot on the ceiling? Maybe it is the previous resident who got sloppy. Living is about keeping your head above water and to most people it is a grind. Everyone wants a piece of what you have but those big scores can elevate you out of the struggle long enough to forget you are one of the little people. But you just might lose your edge...

-Keeping your Edge - This is a HUGE motivator for those who live on the Edge. It is the motivation for getting more cyber, and for walking that fine line between Elite Op, and Cyber Psycho. Walking the line for entry level tech and upgrading that tech to the latest Ultraware.

-Walking your own Path: Being an edgerunner means you don't have to take peoples crap... It means you don't punch a corporate clock and you march to your own drummer. It means you don't hold a day job because the people that do are wage slaves. You risk, blood, bone, and brain matter to live the life of the wolf. You may have a pack at times but you are still and animal that can't be domesticated.

-Being around you is dangerous: For your enemies, for your friends, and for everyone that gets caught in the middle. Sometimes you try to make the world a better place but that usually means dumping some truly despicable person in the river.

-Heists: Edgerunners do Crime. Let us have some fun blowing some things up, and getting away with the loot. Maybe I can have an insertion from an AV on the 50th floor for a VIP bag and tag. Maybe I can knock over an armored truck... but then it's time to find my Fixer.

-Fixers: I don't want to be a fixer... all of the time. But I would like to be one some of the time. And I should be able to make some loot getting the right gear, from the right guy.

-Ripper Docs: These are essential. Get me a black market implant slammed into my anatomy from a guy who insists on eating a sandwhich while he does it. Or better yet maybe this Ripper Doc is a Ghoul and he cuts me a discount if he gets to eat my leftover flesh parts.... good job for a Ghoul, and I don't need the meat anymore anyway.

-Cyberpunk is dark: Don't softshoe it... I might get screwed in more than one way by any person.

-It's the future, Gender/Race/Sex are flexible. on that note...

-Species is Flexible too.... with modern tech, maybe I am a part a subculture that has itself modified to look like a Cat Person, or a gang of bikers that are snaked up. ;-) Maybe I can't play their reindeer games unless I look like a reindeer.

-Don't be shy on gun effects. When I shoot someone let it look like I shot them... if I shoot them with something big... well that's why that explosive ammo has a premium price tag. Also, if I shoot someone in the leg it should look like it, limping and flopping over or being spun around when rounds slam into them. Most people just lay on the ground and look at the hole when they get plugged... they don't keep charging on unless of course they have some mods.

-NPC reactions: If I am on a shooting spree regular people should notice... most people cover, and run like hell. Maybe there is a hero in the crowd. Maybe someone calls the law... Maybe I can intercept that call with my tech...

-Netrunning: This is an absolute MUST. I presume you guys are all over it, but basically when I hit the net, I want to feel like a digital god in raining terror upon the unwary nodes of the people... don't over complicate it.

-Multiplayer I think this could be done exceptionally well with multiplayer and frankly Cyberpunk is at the end of the day and RPG that favors team work. Why not do something truly impressive and have someone moving in the Net and providing overwatch for those on the ground. That auto drone just got hacked and is now eyes in the sky for your team... remember to tip your Netrunner. The Combat Medic will be keeping you stapling you back together in the Van as you hope you don't bleed out before you get paid...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom