Cyberpunk 2077 - Your Ideas For A Dream RPG

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im glad the media is finnally making more sci fi stuff as for this games it looks cool from the trailer and im cant wait till it comes out. Some of my ideas are.
  1. Large world, Its always to have a large world plenty of places to explore and more area themes like rich town and ghetto scary town.
  2. Multi-Player, Small multiplayer co-op to mess around your friends.
  3. Side-Quests, Have lots of quests for us to do so we dont get 'bored' with your game.
  4. User-Quests, Let user's make their own quests! More gameplay = More people who buy the game = More money.

Thanks for considering my ideas!

1) on the ps3 or ps4
2)3rd person pls
3) multiplayer, and in the open world so you can do clans like gangs taking over parts of the city they have to war it out and they take control of the economy where your clans get discounts if they hold that district and other clans have to pay more that will be fun and you got the police putting thing back the way it was so they have to keep fighting for it. have inside men so if you get caught by the police they let you go.
4)ability to fly like jets out of your hand or something (boosters)
5) form the city the way you want it if your taking the city over
6)use cars/flying cars,flying skateboards
7) perks
8)killstreaks if possible
8) camouflage
10)go inside of buildings
11) we can jump out windows like from the 50th floor or over
12) if you get damaged you have to go and find a robotic surgeon a croocked one for cheap or the good doctor that high price that have consequent

A lot of really excellent suggestions in this thread so far.

Also /co-signing on the idea of an open sandbox game. I don't mind there being a central thread / theme / goal, but if I want to frak off, and jack a car / go joyriding / check out a club / watch a randomly generated fight (or start one...) / etc., I'd like the option of being able to do so.

Also /co-signing on the idea of introducing a mechanic for certain key storyline elements, so you're not forced to play the game one way (ie, if I play a Media, or a Netrunner, or a Rockerboy, I shouldn't have to enter into direct armed combat to progress past a certain storyline point.)

I like the idea of Cyberpsychosis, but I'm not sure how to introduce that as a game mechanic? The only things that I can think of would be:

1. greater chance of failing any speech tests that require positive interaction, and

2. certain factions (police / corp security / gangs / etc.) gaining an increased chance of attacking you on sight.

I like the idea of a "loot" system, as present in a number of games. Say, if the weeflerunner over there is wearing a nice Gibson armorjacket, and I want to take it off of him, or maybe the Arasaka goons that were shooting at me have better guns, but poorer aim. Games with loot systems built-in are like crack to me. CRACK.

As mentioned previously, different areas of the city should feel different. A coffin hotel at the edge of the slums should feel different than posh downtown nightlife, which should feel different than infiltrating a corporate building.

Modding here?? would be nice!

Ok some other stuff... As player as I am...not ev'rygame makes you think and live as if You were ths starring of the Game. This incorpórate a huge dramatic events, like : sleeping, eat, take a bus, drive your car (tune up your favorite music)...u know! this is a RPG, and we demand extreme scenes here.
I love the witcher series, and thus fantasy make me think, explore and prepare to the next level, the next challenge (monster, riddle, potion....)
Cyberpunk : OK i got it. But Please, not only the city, not only full technology and concrete...why dont explore around the town? Some cabin outside the big city...forest, animals...perhaps looking for some mad scientist who lives there. Do you remember Minority Report? That house (full of plants). Mark my Word, im not thinkin' on the new games...Ac3, or Crysis 3...Concrete + Green environments, maybe far cry 3?...omg all of them "3"...LOL. If u know what i mean, im talking about interaction..but with intelligence, suspense, make this a Trhiller!!!

OK back to businness, Ill support. For sure. Love the Engine.

Rock ON! :cool:

I want to say that you guys did a fantastic job treating us like adults with the Witcher 2. Games can be interactive physically with regards to game mechanics and controls but by trusting us to "read into" what is presented to us, games can become more interactive psychically and intellectually. That is what I want more of!

Yeah a banned forrest would be cool. Like everything there is off grid. Flying cars dont work, Internet dosent work, Implants still work. Also everything has evolved to, kill, YOU.

What I would love to see.. is a modernization of cyberpunk 2020, and pushed forwards into the year 2077. An update of the technology with regards to the fall of technology, and the slow revival of what we knew of technology, and how it fell, grew back and became what it is now. This dark, gritty, corporate run universe where life is cheap and it is style over substance. No trophies, no awards. Survival should be the reward of the game, survival and growth of the character. I wanna be able to take it to the man, and go out like a shooting star. I can't wait to see it!

How about the ability to continue playing the game as a cyberpsycho. Leave you only the horrible apathetic choices.

I think another cool thing would be the ability to go through the entire campaign without taking on any implants. Obviously, it would be a very challenging run given the context. You would have to rely on external technologies, guns, stealth, general wits, and moxie to get through. No real tangible "achievement" whoring if you completed things in this sense, but it could open more doors in terms of story elements, how NPCs react to you, your allegiances with different factions, and possibly a resistance versus anti-tech weaponry.

Ideally, the game would give you enough meaningful open choices that you could play on either extreme (zero implants vs overdosing on implants).

I would love for the world to be open much like the witcher games where. I dont want the game to be on rails. I want the ability to wander around and explore the glitzy skyscrapers and the seedy slums. Also I would like there to be a choice in protagonist sex. I enjoy playing a female protagonist for whatever reason.

Make the world interactive. Let NPCs have a reaction to your generally known (if there are covert ones, stuff where you leave no witness/no one sees you, make the appropriate reaction for that too, let them spread urban myths about the deeds of various characters in the setting) actions, let them react to your looks (whether just clothing or augmentations), your behavior... Make a customizable character, in terms of appearance, cyber-enhancements, the choice of skills, weapons, associates, his starting faction (I use the term loosely here, what I mean is it would be nice to have various professions available to your character and for them to alter the general story in some fashion)... and so on.

Just make the world feel alive, let it happen around you, let it have as much influence on you as your character might have on it. Don't leave the streets too empty, show us the people of this city, show us the scum, the naive, the virtuous, the corrupt, show us everything that could exist in it. Give it atmosphere, give it music that will tense you up, give it smooth vibes which will lull you into the background.

I've got a lot more to say, of course, but I've said enough for now.

What I want most is for you to make a good game for this and keep making them.

P.S. look into Ed Harrison's work (soundtrack) for NeoTokyo, the man's done spectacular work.

3rd Person Over the Shoulder, similar to The Witcher.

Why? Because if you want melee, or hand to hand combat, first person isn't the way to go.

Real time, player UI that is lore friendly.

In short "Augmented Reality" would be the way the player accesses information, receives it, and perceives their world. Dead Space did this fairly decently. So presuming I'm some cyber enhanced cop/swat, I would think the player would expect to see a built in IFF system, the ability to comb through crime scenes with the capability of an entire CSI team just by looking around, and see a persons entire public record when interviewing them, etc...

In a civilian atmosphere, you'd have scrolling news alerts from bookmarked sources, contact lists pinging the player to respond for a direct visual/audio conversation, walking into commercial premises would greet the player with advertisements, google maps navigation capability, direct calling for services such as a cab, etc...

Also such systems should be possible to fail, exploited, or be tampered with.

Watch a lot of Ghost in the Shell, movies and television series.

Ideally, the game would give you enough meaningful open choices that you could play on either extreme (zero implants vs overdosing on implants).

Can't agree more with this, Lo-Tech style. Maybe with a Katana. Katanas are totally cyberpunk. And I know from my experience playing as Geralt that CDPr can do swordplay.

Also I'd love for it to have multiplayer elements. Not like "Oh, there's my friend, running around shooting stuff up." More like, "Oh, there's a public terminal, let's see what people left there for me." On that note, I'd like to see multiple avenues of approach to the game - Android App, Webbrowser, Console/PC. I think main street in the city should have a big, lightscreen graffiti wall for the community. Like a single thread of plaintext per user. Think leaderboard style, numbered by some paradigm, where everybody gets a voice.

Finally - for now, because I'm going to think on all of this - I wrote this. It's kind of lengthy, so maybe doesn't belong in this thread.

I like your thoughts on this, but I'm not opposed to achievements if they actually mean something. Make them uber hard.

My biggest hope is that this game promotes Cyberpunk's mo which is Style over substance. I want abilities, outfits and tech that will blow everything else away. I would like to see if there is a way to put the humanity points in and how it would be properly executed. I loved Cyberpunk. I still play the pre-fusion version every once in a while. I hope that there will be plenty of tech, toys, implants, and that netrunning is a big part of the game. I would love to see how the more interesting classes will be run and i hope that the entire world isn't just based on combat to encourage an altogether different style of play from the standard mo.

Cyberpunk 2077 Enhanced Edition :D
ok ok.. im joking..

- Crowded streets!

Night city needs life, devs should create busy public areas with tons of npc's walking around doing there own thing. New hitman have nice Chinatown level where you walked around busy markets and hear people talking on the phone and buying food.

Dark alley can be pretty empty or filled with gang members but city central could have many people. As you move further away from "Manhattan" more dirty and more dangerous city will become.

I'd personally like to see, in the character customization department, a lot of detail in terms of reflecting implants/augments/etc on the player character. It always felt dumb in games like DXHR that you never got any visual indication of your character's development, but I think it'd be neat if cybernetic enhancements (at least, those with reason to be visible) would be represented a bit more.

also! as much garish '80s-esque fashion as humanly possible.

I'm not kidding when I say that the feature I want, above all else, it the ability to jump. I have faith that everything else will be great and that everything else I could want will be included. But I want to just say that being able to jump is a very important aspect of games to me and the game would not be complete without it..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom