Cyberpunk 2077 - Your Ideas For A Dream RPG

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
What do I want to see in a Cyberpunk game?

> Style over Substance: Let me play dress up with my character. Leather Jackets, mirrorshades, zebra print, neon hair, electoos, piercings... Force me to choose between aesthetics and performance or pay a premium for both. Punish me for choosing performance with snide comments from the flash set and not meeting dress code for the best clubs. Even guns should be in and out of fashion.

> Now with 1990s technology: Give us wireless hacking!!! And dump the dungeoncrawl in neon netrunning too. More GITS and less Neuromancer. Brain hacking please. Augmented reality should allow netrunners to hack and move at the same time. Heck most hacking should be in the universe equivalent of unleashing automated brute force routines. With the option of old fashioned password cracking for those that prefer subtlety.

> Keeping it real. See FANV; Chumbata's gotta eat, sleep, drink, pay the bills. If you don't your fancy eyes might get repossessed. Can you imagine the team they'll send after you? Consequences: Intoxication, malnutrition, addiction, sexually transmitted diseases, enemies, warrants, summary judgments, hit teams.

> Druuuuugs. nuff said.

> Guuuuns. Remember that scene from the first Matrix where they load the miles of gun racks? Yeah, like that.

> Corporate Extractions. The iconic Cyberpunk black bag job.

> Micro-nationalism: See _Snow Crash_. In fact just go read it. And _Diamond Age_.

> Don't pull your punches. Why do people line up to like how the megacorps want it, when and where they want it? Show us the mean streets and the blood and feces smeared alleys. If you're not in the gated burbs singing the corporate anthem then you're in Beirut, Sarajevo, Detroit, and Mogadishu all rolled into one, on acid, with bling.

All of the ideas above mostly mention what i want. I'll just add one more thing:

Random events, like a car crash, store robbery, mugging etc. The character would have the option of involving themselves somehow, or ignoring it.

I have but one simple request that would make this game perfect: please include Rache Bartmoss and the old school Cyberpunk version of the net. He is an exceptional character who deserves a comeback and I have never seen a game do a decent version of the cyberpunk 2013/2020 vision of the net.

And if I can be checky and get a minor second request in: a couple of the juve gangs from CyberGen would also be nice to see :)

it's hard for say, because Cyberpunk is a world where everything is possible.
The only think you need really keep eyes of balance between humanity and tech, you need have limit like the book rpg for not start kill everyone.

After you really do good job with witcher 1 and 2, so i have no doubt for the transition of cyberpunk univers in video games.
I just want the day where i play this games have feel like "fuck, they really do that" no limit, opening world, mutch possibility for fight or join corporation and gang.

i wishes you success on this way and good luck :)

one thing I forgot.

- NO (QTE) Quick Time Events please.

it's really annoying and it takes you out of the game, especially in cutscenes.

how about a foundry / run builder ? so we can fix jobs and create our own lore.. maybe a form of tools for maps and etc to make a campaign

one thing I forgot.

- NO (QTE) Quick Time Events please.

it's really annoying and it takes you out of the game, especially in cutscenes.

Agree.

how about a foundry / run builder ? so we can fix jobs and create our own lore.. maybe a form of tools for maps and etc to make a campaign
Once CP2077 comes out REDkit will support it. Not to worry.

Just to add, I would like to see nicely animated character body movement when walking and running or taking cover.
I didn't like how Gerald in TW2 running animation looked like while he was holding his sword and without it.

Also why not implementing our character with automatic surface support/touching? I'm not sure how to explain it, example would be Uncharted 3.. When Drake gets close to a wall or railing he automatically supported himself while you are running near it. Or hold a rail if you are running down the stairs.. small things like that could make overall design very impressive.

Cyberpunk to me is about:
- Danger, both expected and unexpected
- Backstabbing
- Style over Substance
- Cyberware, loads of it
- Weapons and gadgets
- Getting a netrunner to open doors to you.

If you could do the NWN and make a "Build your own" levels/games something awesome would come to fruition.

I feel to suggest you, to add a lot of easter egg, or other hidden feature, for example, special rare HEX code to enter in a CALLBOX in order to unlock something like : special tip, hints for a treasure hunts, new ability, new weapon, new gadget. What's more, I find the investigation, very challenging, why not introduce some type of investigation??? Maybe in order to receive a special prize at the end of the investigation, new unique special weapon or other.

Here's mine:

-AVAILABLE ON CONSOLE
-First Person Shooter or at least the option to switch between first and third person (would prefer to be able to do "twitch shooting" but Borderlands style spongeyness is okay too)
-Open world
-VERY thorough customization, including crafting, armor and clothing (with coloring options), and mixing matching different parts of different guns
-Many different ways to complete the same objective, hopefully meaning lots of stealth capability
-Morality system should be there, but NPC's shouldn't have omniscient knowledge of your morality. Also, it shouldn't be just a 2-3 path system of moral, immoral, and maybe neutral. There should be a lot more nuance to it.
-Maturity, like the way The Witcher 2, and the Game of Thrones TV show portray it. Immature characters and groups should exist, but they shouldn't be the majority.
-Diverse skill tree with respec potential: Many active and passive skills like the passive skill tree for path of exile (huge) and an active skill tree like diablo (medium)
-Lots of loot diversity
-Ability to keep playing after the main story is over
- ~30 hour long main story alone, ~100 hrs total content minimum, with ability to keep the same character and advance to a higher difficulty level of the same game (like diablo)
- Expansive Universe that expands beyond the playable game, though the game should fill up a decent segment of the universe. There should be a feeling that there is more out there.

If you guys made such a thing I would be absolutely giddy. But as long as I can be in first person, and there's a big interesting world to explore, I'll be mighty interested.

Good luck with the game, and I look forward to hearing more about it.

Okay, so if you ask me it should definitely be a third person game. RPG's tend to work better that way, especially if the character is fully customizable. I want to see my sexy cyborglady, y'know?

In terms of combat, I would like to see alternative ways of handling enemies. Many alternative ways. Not just choosing wether to go melee or guns, but the ability to use diplomacy, hacking tools, threats or perhaps even drugging your enemies to get by them. Because that's what you do in a PnP. As for the combat, make sure it's fun and balanced.

Graphical fidelity is something I expect in a game scheduled for 2014 at best. Also, as many others have said, make sure there are choices in the and make sure that they matter. Look at how Telltale games did it with the walking dead, it should be dilemma and the effects of what you choose should be felt.

I know it's set in an open world, but please try and make it both large and ACTUALLY open. Most if not all buildings should be possible to enter into and if they are not there should be a good reason for it presented in the game, not the fact that it's just scenery.

I don't know if the Dev's read this but:

Please make sure to implement plenty of weapons (im talking like 20+ in each category).
For handguns there should be options like mag-fed semi-auto guns (the standart stuff) or revolvers, etc.
Just don't let the game lack of options. This way you can also increase replayability (with different guns, vehicles, abilities).

A cyberpunk world is basically a near future scenario. There will still be brands and diefferent companies.
Fore example there could be different product variations produced by the same company in the game.

Here you can find an amazing big collection of different guns, vehicles, etc.:

http://cyberpunk.asia/index.php?lng=us

Cheers, xClu5ter

As far as immersion goes I would absolutely love to see a first-person perspective option combined with support for the Oculus Rift. I have to admit that I hadn't heard much of the Cyberpunk2020 PnP game (I've played other PnP RPGs) nor CD Projeckt's computer game adaptation before watching that teaser, but I'm definitely on board with the world and environment the team is aiming to create.

Having the ability to fully jump into the world using the Oculus Rift and truly inhabit the world would make, I feel, for a truly amazing experience alongside the core game mechanics. With that said, also having the ability to see your own character in the environment (Mirrors, reflective surfaces, etc.) would complete that level of immersion and still justify the use of the option alongside character creation.

Hi creators of Cyberpunk 2077!

Thanks for the awesome video! It's always nice to have some new Cyberpunk fiction!

First things first, let's look at some recently released games that are similar to your project, and have same kind of elemets you're looking to put into your game.

Syndicate (2012)

Syndicate is a Cyberpunk FPS with a linear single player campaing and co-op multiplayer. It has it's own game engine designed to support the art style, movement and shooting mechanics.

What's good about it
+Art style, it feels like in the future
+Own game engine
+Weapon mechanics, designs and sounds are absolutely hardcore
+Multiplayer

What's not so good about it
-Bad writing and predictable storyline
-Linear level design makes levels feels cramped
-Not really much to do in multiplayer, needed challenges, trophies, competitions, DLC..

Deus Ex: Human revolution (2011)

Deus Ex: Human revolution is a cyberpunk themed semi-open world roleplaying action game. It's prequel to succesful Deus Ex series. During the 4-year development, the makers of the game wanted to make something that stand on it's own, has a lot's of action, hacking and storyline. There was some negativity among the first Deus Ex fans about making so much gameplay changes compared to original. Deus Ex: Human revolution is that kind of game what could be it's own world, it did not need the Deus Ex name, but new IP maybe haven't had the same impact on sales.

What brilliant about the game that they took the semi-realistic setting on everything, for example during the development they had talks with bioengineering experts and had talks with lot of futurists of what kind of technology would be available, and made design and storywriting decisions based on that.

Also, the game has the best art director currently in the world, Jonathan Jacques-Bellête.This man and his team made a new genre on cyberpunk with combining the syles of Renaissance with modern cyberpunk. Also every art design, level design, costume design etc., is based stylistically on geometrical shapes, mostly on the triangle. Everything in the game is full of details and absolutely gorgeous to look at.

What's good about it
+Looks and works great
+Easy to play, good pacing
+Has lot's to do and explore
+Good story, characters and endings
+Awesome soundtrack

-Little bit too easy
-Boss fights
-When it's done it's done. Could have been more DLC or some kind of multiplayer (challenges etc.)

Fallout: New Vegas (2010)

Fallout: New Vegas was a kind of a sequel to Fallout 3. It's roleplaying game set in the alternative future. It has exploring, action and interactive story. The team consisted of a few makers of the original Fallout series. (It was not made byt the team that made Fallout 3). They took everything that was good in Fallout 3 and multiplied it to for New Vegas, and listened to fans and community while making the game.

What's good about it
+Has lots to do (over 100 hours)
+So much to explore with full of small details
+Good story with multiple choices
+Modding possibility on PC

-Some crashing issuels
-Weird art-deco brown-grey art design is somewhat ugly

You can do a really good cyberpunk themed fiction, the possibilities are limitless. To sell good, make sure that your game has something to everybody (for adults I mean, because this is entertainment for adults). And make sure that your artist know what theyre doing, and don't be afraid to try out new things.

Not every cyberpunk fiction need to be Blade Runner or William Gibson. The visuals are different for example dark rainy (Blade Runner) to bright and fun (The fifth element), but the heart it the same.

Based on the video, you know what youre doing, and the best way to make your game look fresh, is not to be afraid to hire young aspiring artists and designers. Nice work so far! Keep it up and keep us fans updated constantly with new stuff!

OK, so, My dream game, based on other games that I've enjoyed, would be rather complicated and very large. For starters I think that the various entities (Corporations, Gangs, Houses, Families) should each have their own set of stats such as Public Relations, Economic power, Research and development, real estate, etc. Each of these stats would be influenced through character interactions such as a media publishing images of the entities representatives acting in a fashion which the population (or seperate entity) would or wouldn't approve of, A rocker boy releasing an album or performing a concert, a solo blowing up a factory, etc etc etc. These entities would act in their best interest such as a faction in the total war games for example. They would do this by offering contracts which the player(s) can either accept or reject and regardless of if it is accepted or rejected may still be fulfilled by an NPC (or other PC if it is multiplayer) accepting the contract. The completion of these contracts would effect one or more of the target entities stats, some contracts being offered with the entity doing the offering as the target.

It would be cool if there were a set of different stats based on the players actions which would effect the actual contracts that are offered to them such as reputation, *entity* loyalty (one line per entity), and street cred for example. Reputation being based on your ability to accomplish a task, *entity* loyalty being based on what contracts you have completed for (or against) a given faction, and street cred influencing how well trusted you are by criminal entities. For example a high reputation may mean that various entities believe you are capable of doing what they require, entity loyalty may determine if they trust you to perform said task and street cred could be used to learn of events going on in the world that you can use to influence a certain entities stats with out needing a contract. As with any rejected contracts however, just because the player is not qualified for a contract does not mean that it will not be offered to NPCs. I think that stats such as intelligence should be more then just a skill point booster. Intelligence specifically could be used to influence how much information is available on a contract before it is accepted. For example a player may be able to fulfill a contract however it will only increase their rep. by 4 while running the risk of damaging their loyalty rating with the faction that it is against. Its a contract worth 25000 credits and the entity is only offering 16000 so really it's not the best contract to accept. The player takes it though because their int is to low to realize much more then that their street cred will go up if they can pull this one off.

I know that some players will be looking for a point a to point b story driven experience and I think that should be made available as an option. Give the players the option of approaching an entity for a Long Term Service contract which drops them into full on story mode with cut scenes etc. where the player gets to be the hero (or villain). As marketing goes add ons would be as simple as offering a new entity campaign. and it would allow me to completely destroy an entity for one half of the game and then build them back up again during the second half.

Customization would of course be paramount. This is Cyber Punk... style is everything, so it should be vast with options such as clothing shops, hair dressers, etc. When a person buys a piece of cyber gear or any gear really, aught to be represented well... and the player should have visual options.

Lastly I am a fan of DayZ and I think the option (but not the necessity) of playing that style of multi-player, have a low number of players per server, would be a great experience to have in a cyber punk world with cyber punk gear. Naturally the action would not be based on scavenging but rather entity (or player) build up and tear down. Again, from a marketing perspective you could charge a small amount for server access, maybe 5-10 dollars a month to keep the servers clea

So that is a game which I am fairly certain I will never see but would love to play. I hope there are some good ideas in there for you

Here are a number of ideas off the top of my head I am a long term player and GM of cyberpunk so eat this and like it.
-Player Housing - What is important with Cyberpunk housing is that it is temporary, and even home can be dangerous. You could be overrun at home... you want to check your bed for grenades for example, because when you lay down it just might blow you into the ceiling... in fact what is that dark spot on the ceiling? Maybe it is the previous resident who got sloppy. Living is about keeping your head above water and to most people it is a grind. Everyone wants a piece of what you have but those big scores can elevate you out of the struggle long enough to forget you are one of the little people. But you just might lose your edge...

This guy knows where it's at. Here's my addition,

-People we can talk to at home and Romance?

View attachment 407

If we're going to have player housing, It'd be cool if we get someone to talk to after every story mission

Now this isn't a Mass Effect romance thing but I was thinking more of Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines or V for Vendetta did this. Both girls change the protagonists perspective of the main conflict like tyranny of the government and vampirism.

for context vtmb.wikia.com/wiki/Heather_Poe

Heather Poe for example isn't really a romance option but she tells you about yourself. If you're a bastard and think people who are in love with you are prey or if you refuse someone who makes you feel good because it's not good for them. Another example Evey, the movie would still work without her but she was the one who exposed V's vulnerabilities which would otherwise not be exposed.

I guess a general rule is that a romanceable npc shouldn't be one dimensional and should evolve as a character and should also change something in you,like your perspective. In Deus Ex:HR, The girl in Chinatown that was being extorted for her augmentation gave me a different perspective on what ending I chose.

and it would just make it interesting to go back home not like in GTA series where it's only a place to save and change clothes.

i dunno if something like this was done before but i would love to see something like this:

- for those who arent really into that bodymodification stuff so you make the game so you can beat it with basic modifications you create at the start -> you can see the main story without going deep into the modifications

- for those who like the idea, you can do those modifications but to do them you need to get cash. You can get cash by doing side missions ( or something). But doing so increases the difficult y( example if you inrcease strenght by 1 then the opponents have bigger defence by 1.1) or you even get to fight different opponents.

i think this would be kind of original plus it resolves some problems like:
- replayability
- forcing players to do the side missions ( going for 100% completion)
- possible different endings
- different difficulties

PS
part of this reason i like this it's because i just hate the moment when you start the game and they want you to chose difficulty. ~90% of people go for normal. Then you beat the game on normal and no one bothers with hard because you already know the story. This way you can adjust the difficulty to you liking

PS2
i hope CDPR will at least think about the idea. Even if they decide it wont work ;-)

All of these ideas are awesome but I have yet to see a climbing engine. I know you aren't AC but I would love to see the ability to climb certain areas like up to a balcony or from one roof to another. That would make some seriously cool chase sequences; if you could chase or be chased from rooftop to rooftop or even jump into a flying car high in the air and take off to get away. That would be pretty awesome. It also would look freakin sick in a futuristic world like Night City. Like Blade Runner brought to life.

I would also love to see the fighting mechanics work like in Arkham Asylum. A couple of games have adopted this new engine, like sleeping dogs and Spider-man, but it would be cool where you can seamlessly move from one AI to the next. I love feeling like I can be who the character was meant to be and look like a total bad ass.

Another that I haven't seen is a weather and night/day system. With the back drop being Night City there could be some kick ass looking scenery to go along with it. Also, who doesn't love walking through dirty, futuristic streets in the rain.

Lets see...

I agree with the choice thing. They did a great job with Tell Tale's: The Walking Dead. The ability to have your decisions effect certain outcomes of the game and characters remembering what you did would be awesome. Also have like a ME discussion wheel where you have the ability to make those decisions.

Obviously up-gradable weapons and, in this case, cyberware. I also like the idea that if you got if from a seedy place that there might be a virus or you might eventually get an infection or something like that.

Definitely mini games, but to go even further, they don't always have to be in a nice building or casino or store or something. They could be in an alleyway or maybe in someone's home or apartment. Like, I would love to be walking down an alleyway and then join a game of craps a group of guys are playing against a wall, or another more futuristic game. And to go even FURTHER, maybe the outcome of the game effects the AI. It is always play the game and you are done and get to take your winnings and go, but if you were playing a mob boss or an angry cyberpunk, maybe if you do really well you have to fight your way out afterwards or even get taken into another story of abduction or something. That would be awesome.

A working environment. Hitman did an amazing job at this and Watchdogs are doing the same thing. Like they said, if stuff goes down in a crowd, let the crowd react and run or duck or do something. Nothing brings the gamer more into the story then the environment coming to life without their help.

This might sound small, but the ability to change the lighting. If you are going for a stealthy completion it would be nice to be able to shoot the lights out, or heck, even hack into the electricity and short circuit the system would be nice. Also have the AI react to lighting.

Keep up the good work guys. I am super excited to see how the finished project is going to look. Don't worry about timing. If this game doesn't come out for another 2 to 5 years but it is totes bad ass, I will be okay with it. Thanks for making such an awesome game. Looking forward to it.

A huge freeroaming world where choices matter (like elder scorlls series, not like the levels of last deus ex).
Highly customazation: look, agumentations, implants, weapons.
Many way for doing a mission (a lot!).
Being a good guy or a bad guy (I hate being good in videogames).
Hard combats! Where everyone can kill you with few hits if you dont dodge or have specific agumentation (Dark Souls docet).
Drugs, sex, gambling, violence.
Dark atmosphere, but NOT ONLY during night. It would be short and small like Human Revolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom