Cyberpunk 2077 - Your Ideas For A Dream RPG

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd really love to see properly integrated and executed melee fist-fights in the game (be the game 3rd or 1st-person). I can't really see myself warming to the necessity of having to pull a gun everytime there's somebody opposing me. I hope that's a given.

Being able to throw people around or out of pub windows would be nice too.

edit/

And of course the thrown boosters trajectory would
have to increase at a rate proportional to the power of my cybernetic arm :D

Yes some Hand to hand combat! but.. it would have to be CQC combat e.g krav maga basics.. just so you can defend yourslef against armed opponents/disarm them, or make every class using different basic moves from most popular martial arts.

but no silly combat like in some games that enemy is just standing there and waiting... I can imagine now.. 1+2, 1+2, 1+2... = you killed him. :(

(its has to be 3rd person)

There was quite a debate a while back about how hand-to-hand combat could and should be handled in 2077.

I for one am in favour of a 3rd person system similar to Legaru/Overgrowth. It should be fairly simple and harken to beat-em-up style combat - fast, intense and graphic.

but no silly combat like in some games that enemy is just standing there and waiting... I can imagine now.. 1+2, 1+2, 1+2... = you killed him. :(

I'm with you on this matter. Enemies would have to really differ in mentality and aggression. In a close-quarters-fight
I wouldn't mind a carefully observant tech-geek trying to prevent me from hitting on his girlfriend to be rather impressed by
my implants. But this couldn't possibly be always the case. A big guy should come at me with confidence and his buddies
shouldn't wait to get at me neither. The player should always be urged to decide if he/she can stand a chance or if it's maybe better to run off as fast as he/she can. Fights in Assassin's Creed for example a really, really boring and easy to control even though there is a counter/ parry mechanic involved for "sudden" enemy attacks.

I was also thinking about being able to disarm enemies in CP2077 but eventually I feel this would only be ok with blunt weapons.
I think it would be pretty unrealistic to be unarmed and to constantly disarm people with projectile weapons like guns, etc.

edit/

I for one am in favour of a 3rd person system similar to Legaru/Overgrowth.

Just checked it out and I LOVE IT!!

What if our character knew more than one martial arts style? How would that be done? I think they could implement something similar to the swordfighting styles in TW1, where you just select the next in a row of (three in TW1) styles and your next melee blows will be moves of that particular style.

What if our character knew more than one martial arts style? How would that be done? I think they could implement something similar to the swordfighting styles in TW1, where you just select the next in a row of (three in TW1) styles and your next melee blows will be moves of that particular style.

Being able to switch styles, perhaps by scrolling the mouse wheel, works for me.

...Got it from my maid...

...can't help myself...

All I can see in my head each time I read that line is this:

Ok, i was reading all this thread with the amount of idea of the community, i'm at page 23 .... :'( But...
What i haven't yet read is :

I'm a punk, I don't necessary need a real home and a bed, I can sleep on a a coffin cube or in a squat where there are a lot of concerts.
I'm a Netrunner if I wanted my anonymity would be better if I continued to move from one "house" to another.
I can stay awake for more than one day with drugs risking my health if i need
What are the diseases in Cyberpunk 2077 ? DNA disease linked to the cyber surgery mutation ?
I want to hear also 2077 virtual slang

Combat: If i've a straight on combat approach I can disarm a guard only to learn that i can't use his gun to menace it because the weapon it's digitally locked, and ....i get my face smashed... if I had infiltrated the network cameras to reach its neural connection and disable or hack in some way the weapon would have been completely different situation in fight.

What i like:
- Third person, i what to see the customizations of my character.
- Neon-like or Chrome tattoo like----->http://www.pinterest.com/visionaryart/neon-body-paint-art/
- Possibility to upload ingame logo or tattoo from image file with transparency to use for customization with or without the redkit, Do it please!
- A face customization like EVE Online it's good idea
- Not so fast and easy access to heavy weapons or machine gun type, it's more realistic for me to carry one or more modded gun
- Different shape of body augmentation ( a Russian type really different from a chinese, japanese etc...) <---- But you know this ;)

I've try to fix my bad english :p

See ya Chombattas!

My vision of an ideal Cyberpunk game would be making the proper desperation atmosphere, creating a feel of hopelessness and showing life that is nobody really would wish to live. Very often games that claims to be Cyberpunk are actually not, for example, Deus Ex: HR is a pseudo-cyberpunk sci-fi because it doesn't have that cyberpunk's gloomy desperation atmosphere. Here are the main concepts of such atmosphere:

1. Corporations rule the world, the governments are just puppets for real power holders. And corporations are not interested in people's well-being, only profits matter, their own employees are working in slave-like conditions, taking a lot of abuse from employers, barely keeping their ends together. Most work is automated therefore actual need for workers is small, which creates an insane competition for work places, which are taken by people who can afford better augmentations/implants, which they can buy only to become indebted for life, which in turn create a vicious circle guaranteeing that everybody is a looser except the select few. Loosing a job equals to death sentence because unemployment is so huge that a chance to find a new work is almost null. There is no small or medium business besides illegal/criminal business because corps doesn't allow for competition. This is really important to show right.

2. Hypocrisy is rampant: media propagates that the society has freedoms, opportunities are equal, everybody has a choice, and similar modern bullshit just exaggerated manifold. Hypocrisy is not blatantly obvious though, it's very subtle and most people are actually buying it. Thinking otherwise is considered being a traitor/unpatriotic and such people are marginalized and criminalized. Person's birth social status and wealth of parents decides if the person is able to have a decent life due to ability to buy enhancing implants/augmentations. Those people are usually ones with jobs but their life is shit anyway because they had to sell themselves practically into slavery for their augmentations. Most people though will tell you that it's how it should be because one needs to work hard to achieve what they have. Such people really don't have anything despite the illusion of a decent life because their debt to the augmentation companies means that if they're loosing job means they loose everything including remote deactivation of their augmentations, after which most people would commit suicide, sometimes even by the whole family.

3. Police is just another corporation that covertly serves those who pay them or corporations pay them not to meddle in their business.

4. People who cannot afford augmentations or implants are all lowlifes. There is absolutely no escape from this lifestyle unless resorting to crime. Most of them live on charity from corporations who sometimes use them as political tools, cannon fodder to mess with their competitors, use them as unwilling organ donors and similar purposes. They would kill each other literally for 5 credits or food, they are that desperate.

5. All people except select few are pretty much enslaved by corporations even if they are relatively high ranking within their corporation. The enslavement is not achieved by old style means of threat of use of force, cruelty, or death, it's a debt enslavement. For example, almost nobody can afford to buy augmentations but augmentations are absolutely necessary to get a job or even study in school successfully. The only way to get them is to take a loan from a bank or a corporation that produces those augmentations. To repay the debt you have to work all your life and give up most of your salary to cover debts or may be even more than your life, in which case you sign a donation of your body for organ harvesting at the age of maximum 50 or earlier. Another way of getting more debt are diseases: pharmaceutical corporations create new chronic non-lethal diseases and a drug to keep the person in working condition but not to cure completely then they spread them among the population and make sure people are paying for their drugs all their lives. Competitors actually interested in curing rival company's diseases but infect people with their own biological inventions.

6. Total surveillance if you're within corporate environment. Having a private uncontrolled life is a breach of contract and leads to the loss of job, which is in turn is almost as good as death... or worse. Most corporations put implants in their employees to record every their move and make obligatory life reviews once in a while.

7. One cannot really earn non-negligible money unless resorting to illegal activities or, may be, prostitution (it may or may not be a crime in the setting). There is just no other way even if your job is within wealthy corporation. If a person works

8. As Romans said: homo homini lupus est. There is no trust inside society, the society is cynically cruel to people, scamming and lies are a common place, survival of the fittest prevails. No one can change anything about that, no one can be saved, helped or rescued in the long run. Life expectancy is low, few people can afford retirement, most people die while still working, often committing suicide or selling themselves to organ harvesters to pay for their children's augmentations.

9. Outside of the corporate structures decadent life, drugs, prostitution, gambling, scamming, and petty crime is rampant. Mostly everything here is a grey economy powered by illegally obtained resources. Inside corporate structures life is miserable due to total control over employees who live lives that are pre-planned for them by the corporate rules and codes of conduct. Some corporations provide their employees with entertainment, which might be considered illegal or grey area. It serves several purposes: improve employees happiness, have a blackmail material against their employees to guarantee their loyalty and extend control over them.

The concept above should create really depressing setting if done right. I have several more ideas how to make the proper concept of cyberpunk but it would be to long to explain here. So the ideal cyberpunk game would be the one that sets the right depressing mood, where you will feel that your protagonist is completely nothing in that world. I can call it even survival horror with smiley happy faces. The game should pretty much force the protagonist to go against the rules. To achieve the goal and you have to become a monster yourself to defeat monsters, alternative will not be pleasant. There is no happy end whatever you choose.

For example, a "typical" cyberpunk quest should go like this: the protagonist's girlfriend got kidnapped by some criminals and protagonist has a choice to rescue his girlfriend or just give up and find a new one. So, let's say he decided to go for the rescue option. After some info gathering, protagonist learns that his girlfriend is kept at some place but the bad news is that criminals put an electric collar on her, which will fry her on just a button press or if she'll try to leave the area. To try to deactivate the collar successfully you must have a certain augmentation which some engineers have but it's very expensive and you have no money to really get it. So, your protagonist has a choice: try to rescue his girlfriend without an augmentation or get the augmentation in a shady way. If he tries to rescue his girlfriend without the augmentation then he won't be able to remove the collar and she dies one way or another. To get an augmentation the protagonist needs to get it from someone. He knows two people: one man and one woman engineers who have them. Both of those are rather common people, so there is no real reason for protagonist to have something against them, so no "it's a bad guy/gal" excuses. One way to get it is to kill one of them in a way that nobody notice it for some time, chop the augmentation out of them, sell their organs to illegal organ harvesters to get money for operation to insert the augmentation to yourself, sell their other augmentations on the black market for the same purpose (or, maybe, hack them and keep them for your own use, if by some reason you have enough money from previous illegal activity). You need to hack (to prevent remote shut down by the manufacturer) and install augmentation from illegal surgeon until engineer's disappearance is discovered. This is one way to get augmentation but there is an alternative but no less sinister way. You can try dating the woman engineer, set her up or scam her, collect evidence of the inappropriate corporate code behavior, send it to her employer. She'll get fired from the corporation she's working in. Then protagonist can persuade her to commit suicide. When she does that he chops the augmentations off and run to the closest hacker to deactivate remote shut down chip, alternatively bribes Police officer that come to investigate to share the profits from selling her augmentations on the black market, alternatively bribes him to ignore the case posing himself as a relative, alternatively sneak in and chop out the augmentation from morgue and mess with augmentation ids to be sent for deactivation to secure time to hack them. So, if the protagonist gets the augmentation he can free his girlfriend from criminals successfully. Prepare for fat lies though because she'll ask you where you get that. If you say honestly she'll later commit suicide unable to live with that burden.

As you can see, that quest is messed up no matter how you solve it and that's what I believe is the real cyberpunk atmosphere should be like. Pretty much by the end of the game the players should be seriously thinking about the meaning of life and what they're living for.

haven't read the whole thing, but deus ex is a cyberpunk/post cyberpunk mix just like gits and human revolution is the most cyberpunk one. It's also more faithful to the cyberpunk archetype story. If there's something disappointing about it it's the stuff about being a prequel and you getting meh endings

Last edited:
I have read the whole post and it's a masterpiece. This is exactly what cyberpunk should be about.

As for Deus Ex: HR, it's arguably more of a Transhumanist than Cyberpunk. Saving the world and moral high grounds have no real place in Cyberpunk.

Al tough i didn't read the whole thing, i don't completely agree on some points.. In my opinion the parts about (in my words) "no one can be trusted" ,"everybody will try to fuck you over" and "no one can be saved" is not what Cyberpunk is all about.. It makes it sound cyberpunk very linear and predictable (it literally takes away all the mystery from the game) while cyberpunk should be anything but all that.. No one can survive alone (thats the whole cyberpunk is all about, have you ever played a CP2020 all by yourself? Not possible, it is designed to be played with multiple people...) You should have hard time trusting anyone, because anyone can betray you, but some people can be trusted.. (Especially if they need you and over time if you give them a reason to trust you back, the whole system of nomads is based on that if you ask me) In another topic, i've argued this over and over, none of the sourcebooks ever say "everybody will betray you, never trust anyone and kill them when possible", it rather says "you can never know who will betray you, better keep your trusted weapon handy just in case".. (Also, may i remind everyone that there is a whole romance system, partnership system and you can have a family as in mother, father and other siblings, that means something..) Being a Night City citizen is a death sentence, not many people will get to die from old age, so sure, you can look at that as you can't save anyone on the long run, but life being that short, who decides what the long run is? You should be able to save people if you like (especially if you are playing as a cop) but make sure the player know you are only delaying their deaths for a decade at best, they will get a bullet or will end up being sliced up by a cyberpsycho eventually.. (And whole Max-Tac team is based on saving people from being a cyberpsycho and recruiting them on the team)

To sum it up, Cyberpunk is a game where trust is earned, even if it is really hard to find people you can trust.. People can be saved, even though you are only delaying their deaths.. You can play as a paragon of society, but you will not be able to save or change the world or not make a dent in history.. But in fact, there are people like you and me out there just trying to get by, that can be trusted, however rare, they exist.. Now think about those people in cyberpunk who is not involved in any criminal activities and trying to survive working at dead end jobs all day.. Now, there is no black and white in cyberpunk, but there are black and shades of gray.. Not everybody is evil..

Al tough i didn't read the whole thing, i don't completely agree on some points.. In my opinion the parts about (in my words) "no one can be trusted" ,"everybody will try to fuck you over" and "no one can be saved" is not what Cyberpunk is all about..

You misunderstood me. The phrase "no one can be trusted" doesn't mean that everybody is lying and/or evil. Most people are not bad people but in such setting they are either afraid of something, or very desperate, or disappointed in life. Therefore, they can betray you not because they have something against you or because they want to fuck you over but because they have very few other options. And you can trust people and there are very good people. I even say that in general amount of decent people is always higher in any realistic society. However, if you don't want to regret it later you need to be absolutely sure that the person you trust is reliable. Even if 1/3 of the population is unreliable it sets up a very high distrust level, which leads to a situation where nobody trust each other unless they know each other for a long time with a history of being reliable. So, your point of view is on this matter is not really different from mine.

Being a Night City citizen is a death sentence, not many people will get to die from old age, so sure, you can look at that as you can't save anyone on the long run, but life being that short, who decides what the long run is? You should be able to save people if you like (especially if you are playing as a cop) but make sure the player know you are only delaying their deaths for a decade at best, they will get a bullet or will end up being sliced up by a cyberpsycho eventually.. (And whole Max-Tac team is based on saving people from being a cyberpsycho and recruiting them on the team)
You definitely should be able to have an option to save people. If you read my quest example you can notice that the protagonist can save his girlfriend, except that happen at the expense of somebody else. Even if the protagonist is a cop, his employer might not be happy if their employee (the protagonist) is involved in risks that doesn't bring profits to Police thus his boss may prevent him from helping people by reassigning him to another case and if he still doesn't comply then fire him and that will mean his life is completely destroyed. Nobody wants to be fired therefore the cops most of the time suck it up and comply with orders. There are always exceptions but the set up of the story shouldn't consist of exceptions, they are exceptions for a reason.

To sum it up, Cyberpunk is a game where trust is earned, even if it is really hard to find people you can trust.. People can be saved, even though you are only delaying their deaths.. You can play as a paragon of society, but you will not be able to save or change the world or not make a dent in history.. But in fact, there are people like you and me out there just trying to get by, that can be trusted, however rare, they exist.. Now think about those people in cyberpunk who is not involved in any criminal activities and trying to survive working at dead end jobs all day.. Now, there is no black and white in cyberpunk, but there are black and shades of gray.. Not everybody is evil..
I agree with this. My concept doesn't contradict anything of what you said. I emphasized on the essential components that have to be present in the proper cyberpunk setting, which are very often neglected. ;)

Hi,

STORY! Good story is a must have for this game. Let's face it. People love cyberpank world so demands is very high and price for studio who delivers is realy high too.
Almost everybody know Bladerunner movie, W. Gibson, Sterling and other authors books, Shudowrun and Cyberpank paper rpg, GITS series and so on. There're good exaples how to set up cyberpunk stories.
Work on the story line realy hard and on main characters and problems to sortout too. Make real choices to take and consequences must be quick and harsh. Trauma team must be in use if gun fight will occure.

Story's real chalenge for you. Rest of the game will folow with good artists and programers but this resourses you already have.

1. Story.

2. Good a.i. interaction, how they react with your dialogue and actions. I thought the new Consortium game by indie developers really hit the nail on the head with this one.

3. A world that's alive, sprawling with life, make our computers run to their max.

Well if there was no budget or time constraints and having not much more then the world's setting to go on I'd like to see:

The Hero and Characters

3rd person, Fem lead with male optional choice, Both hero types are fully voiced, I’m not picky on graphic type

Have the script written for, scenes designed around, situations planned for a fem hero and make her the game’s default hero have the male be the optional hero choice.

Interesting characters who will have character development as the game goes on no one not even your lead should be brick or 2D. Over time the characters go through subtle changes that make them into something else by the end this would probably depend on how you're role playing them and if you start switching halfway through the game.

If my hero is going through things that would be traumatic for normal people can we have them also traumatic for the hero as well? Tthey don’t just shrug their shoulders and are over it give it some time several levels or more in the game for them to overcome emotionally, that is more natural then just scene one trauma happens scene two done! Shepard from Mass Effect is a great example of this he/she dies and is brought back with her world upside down and not only does she not care about this more then 1 mission its made as a joke for the rest of the game not cool!

All characters we interact with must be human in emotions (unless they‘re actually suppose to be emotionless robots), they must also have humanized thought processes and actions I’m cool if all my characters even my hero can have ups, downs, cry, or go into homicidal rages against others so far great examples of human cast members would be everybody from the last of us and from Beyond two souls. I want to be able to laugh and cry with or because of these people.

Narrative

Cohesive, plausible, twist and turns are always welcome, and make situations that the players can be emotionally invested in.

A story, themes, and situations that treat your adult gamers like they are adults not pre-teens ie we don’t need sex, T and A, swearing every other word, high gore, in order for it to count under mature infact too much of that can do the opposite deep themes, controversial themes, a rich plot, meaningful choices and logical consequences, relationships that add to or push the story forward, selective purposeful sex or nudity that serve to highlight character relations on a binding or destructive level, killing multiple people when its plausible ie limit shooting galleries find other ways to make filler content, swearing when its appropriate can be other ways a story can be mature instead of immature or borderline mature. Titles that are more the second stated mature level would be The Last of Us, Beyond Two Souls, AC Rev, I am alive, L.A. Noir except this one did have pointless shoe horned shooting galleries, points of the Witcher 2 have mature moments but they also have multiple immature moments with swearing done beyond normal levels its like they just like to have the words said similar to Deadwood, T and A for the sake of it, and sex for the sake of it that ruin its progress.

Covering concepts of man vs. machine, machine vs. societal expectations, technology good vs. tech evil, are always good themes to showcase Dues Ex HR did try it but the ad campaign for it was far more gripping making you think you’d see a lot more darkness then what was shown. Ghost in the Shell as a series does really well to highlight the triumphs, failures, and horrors of technology a lot better. Having our hero and their friends coupe with these issues would be great.

Customization

The best example I can give is Eve Online so stellar so grand I can’t believe such a system exists! I would just die of happiness if we got this system alone for the head the sheer amount of customization that can be done for the face, hair, eyes, and facial adornment is fantastic easily beats out all others. Basically the more realistic with a touch of fantasy I can make my hero the better including scars even in a cyberpunk world I would like to make a hero that is beautiful and have others that I make that look like they’ve had horrible past with scars, white eyes, and other things having both awesome and simple hair dos also help complete the look. I’m Ok with having a default body type like they did with ME but if we can actually influence it with height and weight somewhat I’d be happy with even a basic system like Dragon’s Dogma had where you could select a body type and see it in action before you just picked it.

Zoom in when picking eye color! And allow us to use a color slide so we can make custom tones.

Like Dragon's Dogma allow for some demo facial expressions if the game will be realistic so players can see before they start playing how this character they're designing will look pre-gameplay show a few emotions on them like shocked, happy, sad.

Two tone hair color dying please! Like Eve Online shows this creates a very interesting character

If making tons of outfits isn't possible then allow us to using a color bar to dye our own color variations to all outfits and armors. Maybe we can use our home's kitchen and select locations to dye the items we own it allows for the player to feel like they've got something new when all they did was recolor it. But personally I'd still prefer lots of clothing styles to mix and match.

Dressing my character in cool armor or casual clothing is great having a wide selection is even better. Rotating store inventory gaining or losing items is a good way to make me feel like there is an economy here. A wide choice of cool formfitting but nonsexulized casual clothing, sexy dress clothing, nonsexual dressy clothing, and if the game needs to have armor have a mix of cool and flashy this way I can dress her/him as I would want them to be. Since this is a sci fi world that opens up a lot of choices from Ripley's Alien attire to Ghost in the shell and Dues Ex and Matrix. Also when buying clothing let us see a representation of our hero in said clothing choice its annoying having to guess if he/she will look nice in this, buying it, and finding the opposite happened

continued

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom