Cyberpunk 2077 - Your Ideas For A Dream RPG

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
this was a shower thought of mine, it's not really a wish, just something I thought would be interesting.

what if we couldn't create our character (much like we can't change who we were born as) and if we didn't like something about "us", we would have to get plastic surgery or implants. this would greatly increase the significance of different enhancements and it would feel more like you are changing yourself as a person, instead of just continuing to go for your pre-planned build.
of course this is probably not how most people would want to play, but I guess a randomize button (that generates somewhat balanced results) could be included in the game.

actually rolling a random character is probably not unheard of, but while in other games it never even occurred to me to try it, if implants and stuff are as diverse and useful as I hope they will be, then playing like this could be more than just a weird challenge in this game.

I would love it if this was an option akin to a character selection where there's a randomize button and pressing randomize would "Zoom in" somewhere in the world to the generated character as though zooming in on their life (Unnecessary but it would be cool), then hitting randomize again would zoom out and back in somewhere else with a new randomized character in a randomized starting location / starting background. (WIth the ability to save them to go back to later, even as a new character/save/game entirely.)

But you'd still be able to create your own character in the same scene/mode, or just tweak aspects of the randomized character (With a sort of "Hardcore" "Life" mode locking you out of the ability to tweak, or try a new randomization all together. Though blocking a new randomization would be a token effort as you could just quit and make a new game if you don't like it. In a similar vein, of a hardcore mode, a mode where you can't save on your own would be a nice optional difficulty where your decisions would matter all the more, as there is no going back.).

Another note, I would hope there's a very free tattoo/makeup/facepaint mechanic. I love skull faces, lots of games don't do them very well. I'd love to see the ability to layer on multiple effects to result in one personalized facepaint ( A skull, like in my avatar/profile pic.).

Kaebus2196

Chatterboxes be chatterboxes. I dream of a Cyberpunk video game headed by Mike Pondsmith and William Gibson based on the dark future we can see from today, rather than the one you guys could see from the 80's. Boom. Bam. Bop.

Oh... and lots of netrunning.

Last edited by a moderator:
soundtracks/ ambient/music with lyrics, (not every single one) but some of the songs can have lyrics, i'd really like that, very interesting, to hear during gameplay/exploration, different tracks for each environment

As an older player who played a lot of Shadowrun in my teenage years and someone who has waited for a true Shadowrun/Cyberpunk game, I'd want full character customization and multiplayer, not npc team ups, but actual players. Around 8 years ago when MS purchased the license for Shadowrun and were making that horrid fps game, there was another group of people trying to get funding for a Shadowrun mmo, but it didn't happen and it was scrapped. I'm not asking for a full mmo type situation as that would take a massive amount of time and money to deal with, but being able to team up with friends that play on a different console/pc would be one of the big things I would want in this game. I'm sure this has been mentioned plenty of times before, but that's my 2 cents.

As an older player who played a lot of Shadowrun in my teenage years and someone who has waited for a true Shadowrun/Cyberpunk game, I'd want full character customization and multiplayer, not npc team ups, but actual players. Around 8 years ago when MS purchased the license for Shadowrun and were making that horrid fps game, there was another group of people trying to get funding for a Shadowrun mmo, but it didn't happen and it was scrapped. I'm not asking for a full mmo type situation as that would take a massive amount of time and money to deal with, but being able to team up with friends that play on a different console/pc would be one of the big things I would want in this game. I'm sure this has been mentioned plenty of times before, but that's my 2 cents.

I'm soooo burnt out of MMOs.

But yes, if it would not damage any modding potential I would absolutely love to be able to share my world and my character with others, even if just using Hamachi or something.

They don't have to see mods, they might still see their own game data superimposed over your own world, modded features just not showing up or replaced with normal game data versions. But if they had the same mods, it'd be awesome to fully share the experience.

If we can somehow have optional multiplayer, cooperative, AND modding... I probably wouldn't play anything else for months, even years. Modding is far more important however.

Cooperative games last until you beat the game generally and then the occasional replay or mess around with friends.

Modded games last until the community dies off, but is generally self-sustaining. So many people are still playing and modded Skyrim even with Fallout 4 coming out and taking some of the same crowd, like four years later.

I've always wished I could share my game worlds with others, even though it's "Singleplayer". Cooperative skyrim is what ESO should have been. (I think I mentioned that before...)

So if Cyberpunk 2077 could release with modding and cooperative support, that would literally be a dream game of mine.

Very good action-packed combat system, which just feels and looks awesome - different styles of combat - unique interactions with each other. I can have dreams, right?

Frankly I just hope they list out the entire dialogue choice you are making so we don't end up with an LA Noire situation.

"Look I didn't kill her. I wasn't even there."

Hmm... I don't think he killed her, but I do think he was there. Is he lying? And why? Better find out.

*Selects 'Doubt Option'*

"YOU'RE LYING YOU KILLED HER! YERRRRRR GOIN TO JAAAAIL!!!!"

Introduction is under the spoiler. The description is right after the spoiler.
Well, playing games like the Witcher 2-3 or Dark Souls 1-2 as a guy, who spent quite a while playing Dota, Lineage II and Warcraft III, I found it really disappointing the fact of that the games don't punish you for being wasteful in your gameplay: you can roll, move and use skill as much as you want, and it doesn't matter much, because you still have chances to beat the game, so the gameplay almost all the time looks like Hit'n'Roll, than repeat, especially in a game with quen.
In the games like Dota being wasteful means being punished, especially for certain heroes like Enigma, Magnus, Tidehunter or Wraith King, so the punishment is based on cooldown mechanics, which makes it impossible to spam abilities, because you have to consider their cooldown and the game's pace. Different abilities have different cooldowns and can vary from 0 to 300 seconds, and depending on a game's pace the punishment even for wasting 12 seconds skill can be lethal or not so. This creates tension, because it becomes extremely important no to waste skill in a tie and important situations, because one mistake means losing.
However, cooldown mechanics can make a game slow and less dynamic, so if you would like to make a cooldown based game tense and dynamic you have to implement lower cooldowns and extremely increase the game's pace, so that wasting a particular skill even with a lower cooldown would mean a sever punishment for a player.
Though, the Witcher 3 and Dark Souls are not cooldown based games as they execute different mechanics, which I call Stamina Based. I haven't seen any good stamina based mechanics, mechanics, which was both tense and dynamic. Mostly because of regeneration: you either have a lot of potions or high passive regen, which is not really good for creating tension as it stops player from thinking about possible mistakes his poor stamina/mana management can result in. This is the reason, why I'd like to suggest dynamic Fatigue mechanic, which is supposed to punish player for being over wasteful in his actions.
First, It is important to make thoughtful Stamina/Mana costs on every important actions a player can make in combat: rolls, dodge, spells, hits all must have different costs based on a design objective, the way devs want a player to play, but the costs must be considerably costly by the default. So, this will make a more complex and thoughtful stamina management.
Seconds, the maximum stamina must provide enough points for use of several combat actions like roll+spell, dodge+hit+hit+hit or roll+roll, so the player will have a chance to be wasteful, when the situation dictates him to be wasteful like in moments, when it is important to deal maximum damage possible or disengage fight as fast and safe as possible.
Third, regeneration must be passive and fast by the default. I see stamina regeneration as pseudo cooldown, so as I said earlier in a dynamic fast game the cooldowns must be short. So, a player after wasting all his stamina would be able to engage in a fight again after a short period of time.
Fourth, every combat related action must reduce stamina maximum until certain point for a certain based on their stamina/mana cost percent/static numbr, which won't regenerate further in combat. This will punish a player for being too wasteful as the more wasteful he is, the more actions he commit the less actions he will be able to make in the future, so this will make important to make your actions thoughtfully as well as be more precise at them. Furthermore, it would be a nice bonus to tie the speed of dodging/attacking/rolling/casting with a maximum stamina/mana on top of that.
Fifth, give a player an opportunity to commit every combat action even when his maximum stamina isn't enough for perfuming the action, however increase the reduction of maximum stamina per action in that state. The reason for it is the same as for the seconds term, but it also adds the factor of choice: should I use all my stamina on that enemy or should I store my stamina for the future?
Sixth, allow a player to remove fatigue reduction only through potions, skills, food, sleep or meditation, in order to make those parts of the gameplay more important and useful or remove fatigue every time player disengages from combat to make gameplay more dynamic.
Seventh, there must be skill, which affect the whole system in a different manner, so a player could decide, which particular part of the game he wants to alleviate or complicate.
Eighth, implement the same system for enemies and allies, so you will get additional opportunities to provide a player with additional gameplay, strategies and tactics based on enemies' fatigue.

Last edited:
Less disconnected filler content than what Witcher 3 seems to have. I think most missions and quests and activities should come with a sort of "Who's shoes am I pissing on with this and is this going too far" consideration with actual consequences. This could mean that choosing a mission and doing it might slide you down an edge that prevents missions from someone else (eg. a rival kingpin, or crooked characters might not so easily trust you with tasks because you have a rep for a lawman), or even long term effects where a future mission giver is killed as a part of the current mission (think about a mission where you are going to assassinate someone that's deemed extremely important as a corpse asap by your employer, and at the scene noticing that it's that dude you just met that seemed both interesting and profitable. To kill or not? Fail, and make an enemy and lose his/her potential other missions; or kill the target, profit and live with that), or the goal of another mission is destroyed. And stuff like that.

Not for every quest/mission, obviously, but much much more so than what it seems to be in Witcher 3 and its quest grind.

Make the player think for what s/he has to (or can) do or leave undone rather than fill up a megalomaniacal shopping list of grind to clean up one by one. It's much more engaging that way, even if the choices might feel overbearing at times.

Having the ability to actually type and move my mouse cursor at computer terminals would be nice. If CD Projekt Red makes a fictional OS for the game that'd be cool. If it was similar to Windows, Linux, or even the Mac OS that'd be a plus too...command lines too...even better. Just don't dumb down the computer gameplay mechanics. Especially because Cyberpunk 2077's setting is central around computers and technology.

Also....ripping it straight from the hands of Bethesda but.... a SMART PHONE APP!! A good one though. Only if the main character carries around a smart phone as a MENU a la Pip-Boy 3000. Second screen experiences can be fun. It doesn't have to have a wrist watch collector's accessory but just simply a second screen app where I can view that map and walk around in the world simultaneously and of course do other stuff as well. Because those transition load times from walking around as Geralt to the World Map screen on my PS4 are killing me, and the mini map is sometimes just too mini.

I made a thread about it but not sure if anyone would read it or post on it. Its called "Computer Terminals and OS Gameplay Mechanics in Cyberpunk 2077" if you get a chance to read it....and post on it of course.

This seems like the more official thread so...

I hope CD Projekt Red reads this!!!! :)

this is nothing revolutionary but here is a great video of a cool quest in new vegas. I'm really hoping we will get this kind of freedom in most quests. most of witcher 3's decisions (outside main quests) boiled down to "let's fight" and "I don't wanna fight you". now that we will have multiple ways of solving situations, let's hope they actually take advantage of it a lot.

Ideas for open-world exploration and in-depth cyberpunk feel

I saw this a bit late, but here are a few ideas. Bit of disclaimer first: I will not only relate to cyber-punk games, as I feel its better to focus on specific elements of games rather than games with cyberpunk feel.

Verticality. Only a few sci-fi cities have impressed me so far, but it always related to the fact whether the scenery was built vertically as much as horizontally. The usual case is that mini-maps do not allow for city-design to go too vertical and developers split vertical design into either stories or layers. I think if Cyperpunk 2077 wants to make a difference, you could brainstorm ideas like a 3D-mini map and vertical city design. I will reference Dex in this particular case, as well as NeoTokyo from Time Splitters 2, they both made me lose track of vertical space and what was higher/lower than me. Machinarium is also a great example of vertical design. Vertical design also gives room for abilities that allow access to new areas otherwise inaccessible.

Chaotic Complexity. Free-roam derives from the sentiment to feel free and have a range of options when you play. Organizing the game into layers, missions, sectors, systems and rules will reduce the feeling of freedom. The reason is that as soon as you know the system, you knows its limits, pattern and how to distinguish it from everything else. But what if you didn't? What if I told you that the next corner on this alley will show you something you 've never seen before? What if I told you that your next mission cannot be accomplished? What if the new house you bought to stay gets instanly destroyed even though you payed a lot of the in-game currency to get it? The trick to good exploration and game-play is to have a system in place that looks chaotic to the eyes of the gamer, but it's easy to track from your back-end. That will make elements of the same system feel new and fresh.

Depth using Variety. A key to entertainment is to create sentiments to your player. What better way to create sentiments than to make the player feel part of the world? This can be achieved by story-telling and depth. Depth covers a lot of things, but the most common is the variety in content of the game. Say I had two games, one that had a medkit to replenish your health, and one that had beverages and food to replenish your health, which one would you prefer? Personally, I would like the latter, with each food/beverage affecting the player differently. Then, say you had two games again, one with specific food/drink items and one with branded food/drinks that have instances of the same food/beverage but made from different companies, which one would you prefer more? Again, seeing new items and content feels refreshing, and focusing on great variety of items and pickups is what made Fallout series so popular. But I feel it can be done even better than Fallout, variety is the key.

Realism over usefulness. I appreciate games where the developers try to be realistic rather than make areas and content just to facilitate game-play. I don't like games based on cities that only give you access to areas for a game-play reason (safe houses, repair stations etc) or to help a main mission of the game. If you want to truly make a player feel freedom, you need to create more venues that serve no reason but to facilitate the society if it was real. Pharmacies, libraries, cafeterias, underground clubs, residential areas, studios, a post office, a church and it goes on. Imagine a city where you could go inside every building and explore. That is why the Shenmue series became so popular and some players still claim Shenmue to be the leader in open-world exploration.

Hope this helps a bit.
Peace,
Wert

Last edited:
Say I had two games, one that had a medkit to replenish your health, and one that had beverages and food to replenish your health, which one would you prefer? Personally, I would like the latter, with each food/beverage affecting the player differently

While I agree with the rest of your post, and appreciate it, this point is a little bit on the "fantasy" side don't you think? In what universe would eating a loaf of bread heal you more than let's say using a suture kit to sew a wound, or an analgesic to stop the pain, and so on? :) Now, to your point, I would love it if it is implemented such that you need to use specific materials (health-related though, not food/beverage) to cure/relieve specific ailments. But I would definitely not prefer such an unrealistic notion of eating to increase health; and hence would prefer it even if a couple of different levels of med-kits are used.

Edit: Oh, I would love the implementation of food and drinks in a survival sense though. Like you would get hungry/thirsty and so on.

I'll go a step further.

No medical aid is going to insta-heal anything.
The best you could do is reduce/eliminate blood loss and pain, neither of which does a thing about reducing the severity of the injury.

I second this. At least a hardcore mode that allows to do this maybe, if it is too much for the general crowd? :)

Last edited:
I'll go a step further.

No medical aid is going to insta-heal anything.
The best you could do is reduce/eliminate blood loss and pain, neither of which does a thing about reducing the severity of the injury.

---------- Post merged on 16-01-2016 at 08:28 AM ----------

At least a hardcore mode that allows to do this maybe, if it is too much for the general crowd? :)

This is "Easy" mode for Cyberpunk 2020.
This is not a game where you're intended to be able to mow down hordes. It's combat is relatively realistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom