Cyberpunk 2077 - Your Ideas For A Dream RPG

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine a city that doesn't sleep. Heavy influence from Blade Runner, busy night streets. People cramming under awnings for street food, hawkers from all walks of life and languages yelling out their wares. The latest vids from the newsfeeds being projected on the backs of the heads of some guy who wanted a vid-skin job. A flash of light from the crotch of the girls from the red light district that paid extra for the fiber optic hair job that grabs the attention of the new blood who haven't seen that mod before.

A gang of biker nomads rolls by in heavily armored vehicles looking for a decent place to park and pick up some kibble.

The bright lights of ads flying by on hoverbots or being projected under living ad hobos skin as they get in your face as you walk by. A mash of new and old crammed into a bright city which is merely a thin veneer of light on a crumbling infrastructure.

Sure they might have tech dripping everywhere, but who is going to clean up that mess in the alley? Oh, nevermind... someone is already stripping the body for organs..

You toss down some eurocoin to the grunt of the fried cabbage vendor, wipe your mouth on a realskinn job hand, and cross the street to listen to the tunes blaring from the rocker kid with the synth voice job who seems to be dumping on the local food corporation. Maybe you should buy that Ukrainian chip so you could understand what the food vendor was telling you one day. He might be cursing you out or suggesting a local cube hotel. Who cares. Time to get high.

Hoping to see :

No homes. You pay someone to watch your loot. If you pay extra, it might not go missing. Maybe a corporation thanks you with a room the size of a coffin for a covert job. Maybe they want to know where you're at so you skip that place and sleep on the streets. Safer that way.

Heavy smog. Its necessary to invest in breathing apparatus to filter out the crap. Might save your life from the suckers that lob nerve gas at you.

Advertising and videos under people's skin. Hey, nobody has time to watch anything on the vids except the news and where the next free public concert might be. Watch the latest videos on the clothes of the guy walking in front of you. Fiber optic lit hair ( down there too ).

Trauma Team : Hey, you died? Hope you can afford their services. Fail your mission, wake up weeks later.

A city in motion : Crime going down around you. Crazy zealots preaching their bullshit. Sex in back alleys. Street rockers and mod jobs. Vendors that react with the crowd. More than a few hundred body shapes, models, sizes, mods.

Last edited:
-Possibility customize light and music with GUI or cellphone in game
-Sex scenes
-Drug fx
-survivor mods food cold affect on player
-more blood
-puzzle quest
-system game quantum break stop time

I don't know if someone has said it because well...188 pages of ideas is a LOT. But what I would like to see is a change in the moves of hard enemies (basically bosses/mini-bosses). I loved TW3 and especially the fight with Imlerith, Caranthir and Eredin. BUT I would love them exen better if there was some variation (there was some but not much). For example the fight with Imlerith was basically repeating the same 4-5 things (dodge, attack, wait for Im. to TP, dodge, attack etc.), I would love to see bosses bring in different attacks (maybe some AoE ones?) after a certain part of their health is gone. For example lets look at that fight with Im again. Instead of just dropping the shield he could (say after 1/3 of his health is gone) TP into the air and smash the ground dealing AoE dmg (of course there would be a way to know this was comming). After 2/3 of his health are gone he might smack his mace on the ground sending a shock wave and repeating it at a fast rate for like 3 secs before doing something else. Basically spice up the fight a little intead of it just being the same moves till the boss is dead.

As a dedicated Witcher fan who played through all three games in their order, I feel that Witcher 3 is ambitious yet not without a fair share of missed potential. A giant map and lots of POI cannot cover a rushed third act and a somewhat deus ex machina ending. It made me all the more worried when Cyberpunk is described as even more ambitious.

So in my dream RPG, I would really like the devs to elevate quality over quantity. I'd rather encounter a smaller number of characters but each well written and each remain relevant throughout the game, than a large cast of side characters. I would rather have a 50 hr playthrough full of awesome encounters than an 100 hr inconsistent playthrough. The same goes with story. I don't know if the story has been locked down yet at this point, but I want the main story to have a clear and logical ending. If the writers feel that the scale is getting out of hand, then either postpone the game or limit the scale.

This also applies to main character. I don't know if we will play as a predefined character like Geralt or if we will make our own, but please please please don't be like Skyrim where our race, gender, and past are only occasionally relevant in the very few "Oh you're a Nord" moments. DA:O did it much better. I'd rather have limited but important character creation options than numerous but irrelevant ones.

When it comes to combat, I'd like to have a system that is fun from beginning to end. I won't need to unlock a ridiculous number of skills to begin having fun, but I won't be overpowered by the end game either.

Some fights in which the character would face us. His expressions could be seen in combat.
It could be because of enemies so fast (talking about animations not pace) we could not react in time by looking at their front, but from behind, we would know their planned actions (like robots with missing rear shell and a back debug screen, whatever).
It would then be necessary to use e.g. a drone placed behind enemies. It would be controlled in first person view -and would automatically face the character- and allow us to indicate where to strike, parry...
A restricted form of fight perhaps, as it could be complex to play.

I want a hacking/netrunning system so robust that a character coould conceivably and beneficially spend 90% of his time in cyberspace.

Hi all

Ammm at first i'm so sorry for my bad english :)

For respond @ the question what's my ideal RPG : I think it's a new immersive word

The most important point is THE Choise : choise of character ( male female ) many game not proposed that and it's sadly, the choise for all evolution in game.
The costumisation : yep i think it's very important to have the possibility to customise your hero and clothes - the hero must looklike the player fantasm
Open word : today it's a important point for multiplayer plateform
3rd person view
I think it was be interessant if the game have never end : for that maybe on the beggin play in solo and after important choise in the end solo game unlock the possibility to joint a clan for unlimited missions
For weapon i prefer to stay on classcal firegun AK,M16,Guns ( not sword or laser guns )
For IA i think it's interessant to see the SAO anime where the players in team and in guild try to finiched the TOA.
Create a neutral zone ( little town where the players can(t fight and can create the relationship
Create an the flat where the player begin and can custumise it.
It was be interessant if we can fight in city looklike BF the fight GVG GvsAI
The idea is can to play and evolve in game in guild or alone

But it's my vision

See u and thanks

The main thing I want is a dynamic story- you can be the good guy, the bad guy or a mix of both, and the environment/quests/npcs change/react accordingly. Also, the more freedom in char creation and weapon selection the better. Ideally you could be anyone or anything and do whatever you want.

Strong roleplaying opportunities and storytelling.

Stuff like Geralt's relationship with Yennefer with all its ups and downs.

Friendships like Zoltan and Dandelion.

Also, the chance to work with various factions.

The longer I think about what makes a good RPG, the more certain I am that it comes down to one thing: reactivity. It's sort of a feedback loop: I react to what the world throws at me, and the world (i.e. the people who live in it) react to my decisions.

It's pretty straightforward, but as of yet I haven't found a game that would truly allow me to develop my character in the ways I wanted. It's mostly the older titles, like Arcanum, Vampire: The Masquarade, or the first two Fallouts, that came closest, but sadly along with technical advancements comes directly opposite devolvement of the freedom of choice and its appropriate consequences. It's understandable, as nowadays every event has to have a cutscene, and each line of text has to be voice acted, but it still imposes more and more limitations on any character I'd want to play.

The recent (very)negative example of that would be Fallout 4, which was severely lacking in pretty much every aspect I find important in an RPG. The ruthlessly butchered dialogues, quests that often did not make any sense, and multiple instances of forcing player into the single "choice" the devs have designed are the worst offenders. I really, really want CP2077 to be the polar opposite of that game.

But let's have another example, in a way even more poignant: how both ridiculous and frustrating to disembark from a vertibird while wearing an awesome set of heavily modded Power Armor and wielding a freaking NUCLEAR WARHEAD in my hands only to have some random caravan guard with his rusty pipe pew-pew pop gun tell me - IN MY OWN CASTLE, surrounded by MY OMINOUSLY ARMED MEN - that one wrong move and he'll end me. Truly, you can only roleplay in FO4 if you don't interact with anyone - ever. That kinda beats the point of playing a - nominally, at least - Role-Playing Game.

This illustrates how a game can ignore not only character's actions (saving Bunker Hill, which is the caravan's home), affiliations (allying myself with Bunker Hill, the caravan's HOME, plus being very obviously allied with BoS and Minutemen), status (managing/developing Bunker Hill, the caravan's FREAKING HOME, plus being the Minutemen's very obvious GENERAL), not to say - and that's in a way even greater omission - character's looks.

Starting FO4 for the first time, I welcomed the option to define my character's body build. Since I planned to play as a survivor who relies on his strength in order to endure in the post-Apocalypse, I made my character big and strong.

Not an hour later, some scrawny kid accosted me and asked if I was looking for trouble.

I believe that character's looks - is he tall or short, muscular or scrawny, wearing armor or not, wielding a big gun or a knife, etc. - are very important, because it's the first thing any stranger would perceive. Yet they are universally ignored by pretty much every game, apart from some text-based RPGs (although there they are connected to stats, not defined on their own). Looks not only could, but should tie into gameplay mechanics. After all, it would be far easier for a small person to stay undetected, while the big imposing guy would invariably attract attention. You want to mingle with the lofty strata of society? Then buy yourself a fancy designer suit, but don't go on the streets wearing it. And so on.

To sum it all up: as far as I'm concerned, how NPCs react to my character is the foundation of roleplaying. But the reactions should take into consideration several aspects, and not being limited to only mentioning a choice you've made some time earlier. Some of those aspects are being used in many games (like said choices or backgrounds), but some are completely unexplored (looks). I'd love CP2077 to come out of the games' general comfort zone and tried to weave the question "Who is the Player Character" not only into various dialogue options, but into the gameplay itself. Then I would really feel that I'm playing the game by playing the role, and not simply use a set of disjointed features that so often force me to ignore things if I wish to progress. If CP2077 would manage to harmoniously join the world and the PC, then it would set a new standard for CRPGs in the future.

1. The vast majority of characters, regardless of how they're portrayed, should believe themselves to be good, and acting justly. The majority of even the most seemingly evil actions should be recognized as being justified and good by the characters who're responsible for them.

2. As few quests as possible, but not fewer. Explicit quests themselves should be epic in nature. That said, even the smallest acts of selflessness or greed by the player should have the potential, at least at times and hopefully discreetly, to have major consequences.

3. Be unforgiving. Choices let players feel empowered to impact the world through their decisions...but hold them to it. This would be especially effective at times when the player has no expectation for the result. For example, it might be a poor design decision when the player knows that his/her answer will result in getting/not getting an awesome item.

4. NPCs, whether humanoid or otherwise, should be controlled via a behavior driven AI system. A game world whose underlying architecture promotes the potential for unscripted exciting events (bar-room brawls, monster/creature show-downs, etc) is one that has endless potential for thrills. The capacity to share such experiences is a must, of course :D (i.e. record for youtube, etc).

5. Exciting and unique cultural distinctions. For example, in Brandon Sanderson's "The Stormlight Archives" series, the Alethi lighteyes and safehands.

6. A sensible, sophisticated crafting system. Everything should make sense, from where/how things are mined and refined, to how they're made, to how long they take to actually craft once the items are collected, etc. Instant gratification is trivial when you spent hours/days/weeks collecting and refining the necessary components for a grand craft design. Don't end the crafting story short; the entire process should be as exciting and rewarding as possible, and should allow the possibility for players to actually master the art itself; not just be designated as having done so.

7. Skill-based combat that transcends button combos and timings. Controls, responsiveness, and character motions should be so well constructed that good/great players can develop a play-style around their individual capacity to perform. The best examples of this that I know of are found in Super Smash Bros games.

8. Epic character creation, and beauty therein. If you're going to spend 100+ hours in a world where a virtual character is your centerpiece, you certainly ought to have an excellent centerpiece. Note: I'm not sure that insane amounts of customization options are the way to achieve this, but instead I think predefined, meaningful, spectacular options can be very powerful. Also, customization options that exist after the initial character creation can be exciting, for example Geralt's beard :D.

9. I saw posts that asked for super intense dark themes. I personally prefer to see what's happening, and I love color. To each their own.

Thanks for reading,
Phy

Last edited:
* Let us keep playing after the "ending"
* As much as I complain about bethesdas ancient gamesbryo (or whatever the engine is called now), I will give them props for it having a lot of interactive objects. I mean, if I see a plate, I can pick it up, toss it, whatever, the same with everything. Chairs, tables, rocks, weapons, etc. Sure, most of it was useless, but it made the world feel much more real when you could interact with things. I want cyberpunk 2077 to be filled with interactive things and not just be static. If you see something, you should interact with it and there should be a lot of things just lying around.
* Modding, give us the tools to mod the games with an easy way to put mods in. This is why bethesda elder scrolls and fallout are popular, the modding community gives life to the games long after they should have faded from memory.
* Looting bodies, we should be able to loot anything we see from a corpse like in bethesda games. Take the weapons, money, clothes,etc.. since this is cyberpunk, also removing their cybergear (maybe its a skill we need) and even organ harvesting to sell at organ banks/chop shops.
* Sneaking - please include sneaking, and not just behind boxes. Let us be able to use shadow to hide behind, let us sneak up to knock out, kill, steal, or hack. I have a whole cyber ninja assassin thing I want to play thanks to 80's anime.

Azriel7;n7522490 said:
* Let us keep playing after the "ending"

I'd like to add to that that whilst doing so, if doing so, make sure the narrative and the ending(s) are sufficiently branching, reactive and conclusive regardless of if it all can or cannot be wholly portrayed afterwards, don't compromise those things because of post credits freeroaming. And do prompt for continuation instead of autodropping the player back in: "The story is now over. Some quests and NPC's might not be available anymore. Would you like to keep playing? Y/N?"

Really minor idea/mechanic I would want is the possibility of swimming (as an upgrade?) I don't like it when a character or main character can't swim (example Red Dead Redemption, which John Marston can't swim) It's just a little thing that would be nice if added. Another idea I would like to add is an infinite level cap, so we can level up without restrictions.

1. Great VR(1080p+ VR) and 4k resolution support
2. Chinese language and good translation (like Witcher 3)
3. Great romance storyline and nudity, and attractive women (not the US movie types)
4. Can do screenshots with free-moving view through certain technical methods. At least give chance for third parties to easily develop a function like this.
5. I think a product that fully satisfy every human can never exist. The overall sense of Witcher 3 is really great and it created a lot of interpersonal recommendation for purchasing in China. Please keep being patient and never make a fastfood game.

Hey guys
before the suggestion, congratulations on the witcher 3 one of my fave games all time and by far my favorite rpg, my worry is that some people have criticized it for hand holding but as someone not that much into rpgs if it weren't for that I would have lost the great life time experience the witcher 3 is, a recent example is I have tried to get into a recently released AAA jrpg but I can't because it is too complex, so for cyberpunk 2077 you can give options to the hardcore rpg fans but also for casuals, my first playtrough was on the witcher had to be just story and loved it now I am on my second playtrough on story and sword and actually doing good enough to think about turning the difficulty up, but it is not just about how hard it is but the UI, the markers the combat( to be accesible for casuals but deep for hardcores) and everything in general, again congratulations you have earned my trust and cyberpunk 2077 is an instant preorder with season pass for me, keep it up guys

I have dreams of this game. A future witcher as I see it. Keep it violent and brutal like the witcher. Have limbs come flying off and blood exploding everywhere but have guns and some futuristic sword (lasers) if you will. Then we can have some robot arms that have strength enough to crush a head or rip arms off. Then those robotic parts, police and thugs cant shoot them, you need some sort of electric shock to make them malfunction. Then you can use those robotic limbs as a shield from gun shots or those laser swords.
I read somewhere, heck it could even be somewhere on here, that different npc's will speak different languages and you can buy some implant that will make you understand the language. I really like the idea of that. Then you can speak that language to the people and have others not be able to understand you. That could make it easier for deals to go down. Deals like drugs, guns, prostitutes, or parts for those robotic limbs.
Of course, we need criminals. Have people walk around this beautiful world that I see and one of them randomly stab the other. Then we could have police fly over from their flying police cars and shoot them. Most will die but some, where the shot hits, their face comes off and reveals a robot face. That's right. Robots walking around disguised as people. Now you can be paranoid when you become friends with people, have sex with prostitutes, buy girls drinks, fight with people, or have a contract to kill someone.. maybe, just maybe, you're befriending, having sex, or trying to kill a robot. Oh dear lord the humanity...
I like to think of the future as a Vegas style future if you will. It can be night, but there are so many lights that it look like day. SO PRETTY! Every building with lights is a shop, club, casino, restaurant, brothel, apartment complex, anything with some sort of interior. Clubs like a bar, strip club, or a club where you can go in with npc's dancing around. And none of these 5 npc's per interior unless it seems absolutely fit. Sometimes there are 5 npc's, others there are 100. It all depends on popularity and placement of this club or store.
Now we need to go into the detail of homes and possibly a family. I loved having a family in the GTA 5. It made me feel close to Michael and I loved walking into the house to a wife nagging me or my kids watching TV or playing games or talking on the phone.
Might I ask that we please have realistic npc's? I kind of like being a stalker and watching the npc's walk around the world. A lot of times they just walk in circles around a 3 block radius. Have the npc's walking to work or walking home. Have them picking up a prostitute or doing drug deals, stealing cars or mugging people, giving the homeless money or shopping in stores, trying to pick up women or getting hit by cars, walking to the bar and sitting down for some drinks before getting majorly drunk and hitting on random people or getting drunk enough where they start to sing some lovely drunk karaoke. Now is the important one. Give them a little emotion. If someone gets hit by a car, have them try to help by calling the police or running to see if they're ok. If there is a car accident, have people running in to help. If someone is getting mugged, have some people take videos while others try to help. If there are police cars near by, have cars slow down. Then when you play as a police officer, maybe you can pull the cars over. If you have a gun on them, have some people run away while have others beg. Have the beggars tell you about their family back home or something. Make me feel bad for pulling the trigger :) Now one shot to the leg doesn't kill them. Have them limp or lay down screaming. (Man I sound scary) If you shoot the arm, have them hold the arm, not just say ow then run away. Possibility of arm falling off, possibility of nothing but a little blood, or possibility of a little zap and oh look a robot.. now it's fight time.
Now I'm sure there will be a couple mini games, but these are just a few ideas. Fight club where you can fight or you can bet, win or lose some money. That's the underground way of making money. Along with pimping, playing some poker or whatever, Then maybe some drinking games or racing. Then the legal stuff like gambling at the casino.
Onto the radio, in hopes that there is one, I mean, why wouldn't there be? Take your time choosing the music. Make it fit with the game. That song that you put in the trailer a million years ago (no offense) perfect. Songs like that and more. Include some metal, rap, classical, oldie style, even make your own songs just to spice it up a little. I know you guys are good at making music. I loved the music that was being played around the towns in the witcher. Then have some great DJ's. Have some of them be funny while others are serious. Maybe a weather report or something. Then have some catchy advertisements in the middle. A jingle for the local fast food place, or advertisements for the stores around.
Last one (I swear). The shops. A little shopping would be awesome. Can buy some new clothes, get a haircut, get some robotic parts, get some decorations for your house, and you can get weapons of all sorts. Guns, swords, knives, lasers, explosives, chainsaws, axes, and please oh please let there be something with fire so I can fulfill the old joke of "kill it with fire"
Thank you guys!

I want VR support, it is the future of gaming.

I just finished watching westworld and there is so much done right. The devs should seriously watch the show if they have not seen it. Maeve the madam says this "This is the new world, and in this world, you can be whatever the fuck you want" and that is exactly what I want this game to be. To do what I want and not be tied down to a particular path. I want complete freedom, if I want to go off script, let me. Don't have untouchable NPC/Civilians, let us go GTA if we want (with obviously consequences for the actions if we are seen/caught). One of the things I liked about the elder scrolls game, little restrictions in what you can do. The same should be done in cyberpunk, if I go around and kill an important NPC, that should be my fault, it shouldn't prevent me from doing it. The world should be a simulation with complete freedom.

Another thing I want to see is robots/androids/Fleshbots/A.I.s. This is 57 years later from 2020, the tech should be much better. Should be different types of robots around, the older A.I's that are obviously android/machines, with newer ones that can pass as human but are expensive. Westworld showed how humans would treat the human passing A.I.s and would fit cyberpunk dark setting. I could see human prostitution being replaced with A.I.s that can pass as humans, where people can do horrible things (rape, murder, torture) to androids for their amusement without restraint. I do not want to turn the game into fighting for A.I. rights or freeing A.I.s from their slavery. Nothing like that, this is just the way the world is, there might be a few individual stories where you can help an A.I., but nothing world changing. I am thinking of some interesting situations. Like the scene in blade runner where the love interest of the main character is a replicant who did not know she was one. That could happen to your character, maybe you find out one of your love interests is an android, or maybe somebody sent that android to you specifically to fall in love with you and spy on you. It could be the A.I. actually believes the lie that was programmed into them which puts you into an awkward position. Tell her the truth, wipe her memory, destroy her, reprogram her..etc. You can watch how people treat their A.Is, some treat them as friends, others as slaves/toys to be used however they want. Android assassins are always fun or find out someone had been killed and replaced with an android. Etc. Lot of fun stuff to do.

Give the NPC's more life than the witcher 3. It should be a bit random like the sims where you never know exactly what they will do, but they should have a life, family, friends, jobs, hobbies..etc. I want a living breathing unpredictable world to explore.

One thing I enjoyed about Mafia II is how it didn't skip "the boring"/ugly bits in it's storyline... you were hauling crates at docks in beginning, you were humiliated by guards ( directly in gameplay) in prison when cleaning toilets, you were a petty criminal at first, selling cheap cigares in back alleys.

Don't TELL this to player in Cyberpunk...let them directly experience it. Then when you achieve some rank/recognition, player would actually appreciate it.

I love being able to choose from male or female (always choose female because i like badass women as a young man haha) and having it actually mean something other than changing the word "she" from "he" in the dialog. Secondly i want Npcs to react to me naturally, for example if i look like some sort of law enforcement criminals might quickly walk away while others might as for help, hell even people completely ignoring you is a good thing. Since not everyone should/do know you or even care if they did.

I'd like meaningful decisions that can possibly completely change everything. For example i choose to be scumbag and take bribes or something and end up in a swaggy apartment where some people bust down my door. Then the opposite can be true if you choose not to take bribes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom