Cyberpunk 2077's Gameplay?

+
What do you guys think about Brain Dance ?

When i heard the name brain dance I was expecting something like the net runner's gameplay and in 2018
gameplay we could see an police investigation recreating a crime scene, was that intended to be the first version of brain dance ?
and later they thought to change it like this ? but it turned to be like the batman version (mechanics wise) though CDPR intends brain dance to be used for more than just an investigation tool as they said in Night City Wire.

Can we scan anything ? even the little details? the ones that doesn't contribute for the quest,I believe that will also add to the game's immersive aspect.
Can we do random braindance investigations ? like we walk in a dark alley and see a dead corpse ,suppose he has the BD implant, will we be able to take that back to judy to edit and find out what happened ? besides sidequest or mainquest.
The Original brain dance was used for entertainment purposes, will we be able to still do that in the game?

Well atleast we get a cool character as Judy via the brain dance :)

Last edited:
I would've preferred to have it as an excuse to have unexpected situations in-game, like going in space, fighting some monster, playing some fun minigame or taking drugs (think watch dogs)... But if it's gotta be batman investigation, so be it... A wasted occasion to do something fresh, but hey, it is what it is...

An acceptable point

in 2018
gameplay we could see an police investigation recreating a crime scene, was that intended to be the first version of brain dance ?

So police are already investigating in a augmented space and we are investigating in a virtual space. Interesting, so the batman kind of investigation was already in the game even before brain dance reveal.

Can we do random braindance investigations ? like we walk in a dark alley and see a dead corpse ,suppose he has the BD implant, will we be able to take that back to judy to edit and find out what happened ?

This by itself would provide so many side quest opportunities, like finding BD chip in random corpses, specific location or from traders.

The Original brain dance was used for entertainment purposes, will we be able to still do that in the game?

Yea, i'm suspecting 20% of the brain dances are for investigative purpose and the rest are for observation and exposition purposes. It would certainly be tedious if every single BD or even majority of the BDs are for investigative purposes.

My only concern is the skills that I've heard about thus far. They seem to mostly be xx% damage or accuracy or crits or hacking time which I'm not too huge of a fan of. I think they're necessary to combat and level progression, but I think that skills or milestones from those skills should influence how the character interacts with the world, what they perceive in it, etc.

Yes !!, if the "proficiency system" only increases the animation speed and damage value, that would be boring and unimpressive AF. I hope CDPR add multiple visible and distinguishable animations for the proficiency systems, rather than just a statistical change.

State of decay 2's proficiency system was so well made, maxing out a survivor's skill would give such a noticeable, visual and statistical change, that my entire approach to gameplay changed after maxing out the respective skills. They achieved this through every simple means. To be more specific -

(i don't remeber the exact name of the skills, so forgive my inconsistency there)

Leveling up Swordsmen skill would -

- Make survivor hold bladed weapons in a authentic guard pose.
- Attack animations with bladed weapons would change to a "sword-figting" style animations.
- Adds different set of Finishers.
- At max level, it would enable us to directly execute minor zombies.
- Statistical changes like damage, attack speed, weapon durability etc would improve throughout the progression.

Leveling up Sneak skill would -

- Enable us to sprint while crouching.
- Zombies would find it way harder to detect us.
- Loot way faster without making noise.
- Easier stealth kills on zombies.

Leveling up Acrobatics skill would -

- Make us "roll" when dodging (the default dodge is a sidestep).
- Roll is almost double the speed and distance of a sidestep.
- The animation looks so smooth and beautiful that it gives a new level of satisfaction.
- Make scaling walls and parkour way more smoother and faster.
- Different parkour animations.
- At max level, it would add the "leaping lunge attack". (which looks cool AF)

Leveling up Sharpshooting skill would -

- Make aiming extremely more steady.
- Huge recoil reduction.
- Increase weapon zoom distance.
- Increase weapon shoot distance.
- Huge weapon durability increase to sniper rifles.
- At max level, it would enable at headshot assist feature.

These are just a few of the skills and its proficiency changes that i can immediately remember, there are hell of a lot more skills. I'm a sword-fighting and meele type of player so i could remember meele skills easily. There are all kinds of skills for literally every type of player (gun type, stealth type, looting type, talking type, crafting type, running type, driving type etc etc).

There were so many skills to discover and each skill having its own tangible effect on gameplay. That proficiency system was soooo satisfying.

I hope Cyberpunk 2077's proficiency system also has a "tangible effect" on gameplay, throughout the progression.

Last edited:
the "proficiency system" only increases the animation speed and damage value, that would be boring and unimpressive AF. I hope CDPR add multiple visible and distinguishable animations for the proficiency systems, rather than just a statistical change.

yea, my thoughts exactly maybe they'll have perks for moves.

Hi, CD Projekt Red,

I was watching gameplay and I realize there are fewer cars on the streets during the night as wells as day time. Is it something that can be changed in the game (like in the settings menu) or is it just for the early build and in the retail version it will be densely packed? As it is night city it should have some traffic at night also.....just wondering..also the street boxing animation looks a little off are you guys working on that too...I am mostly referring to this gameplay

Sincerely,
huge fan

From listening to the impressions it seems like it depends on two factors.. Areas and Time of the day.

So some outside-ish industrial areas like the above video or where 2018 Maelstrom hideout was will be mostly empty all the time.

And population heavy areas like the middle of cities should have crowded traffic and npcs until the midnight. I assumed midnight as a lot of the footage we saw after 12 and streets did look empty-ish.

Like the above poster said, it depends on the areas and time of the day.
But I remember in a preview that a dev was asked about this density and the response added to the above was that on foot you get density, but for vehicles they dialed it down a little so it doesn't interfere too much with your driving experience. I assume so you don't constantly kill npc and/or constantly crash your vehicle.

Plus, I assume if there is too much traffic there will be a lot of players hate that the city is too big and you can't use vehicles too often because of the npc traffic.

Like the above poster said, it depends on the areas and time of the day.
But I remember in a preview that a dev was asked about this density and the response added to the above was that on foot you get density, but for vehicles they dialed it down a little so it doesn't interfere too much with your driving experience. I assume so you don't constantly kill npc and/or constantly crash your vehicle.

Plus, I assume if there is too much traffic there will be a lot of players hate that the city is too big and you can't use vehicles too often because of the npc traffic.
That's actually a really good point, I like there being traffic because it makes the cyberpunk2077 world feel alive, but too much traffic would be very frustrating for sure. I like to go very fast in my car :)

Last edited:
Seems more people are giving importance to the gameplay aspect, nice.

State of decay 2 is a bad game, don't learn

It isn't a great game, but it had done a lot of small things right.

but for vehicles they dialed it down a little so it doesn't interfere too much with your driving experience.

Well, couldn't we just use bikes to traverse the traffic, rather than dialing down the entire traffic. Guess they will have a NPC population setting, like they had in TW3.
Post automatically merged:

Hey, i heard the whole "Techie" playstyle got removed, is it true ?

Last edited:
RDR2 had more than that. It has actual ragdolls, physics and precise collision which gives your punches an actual weight. And bigger moveset.
FFS, Bullet Physics Library is FREE.

Until CDPR do something with their collisions, nothing will improve visually even with new extended moves list. Until CDPR do something with their ragdolls, no Rockstar level will be achieved.

Not to kick a dead horse, but they seemingly can't get a car physics to drive right, so don't expect much about that...

Hello! I'm really looking forward to play the game the game but there are some things that I want to point out. I just watched a gameplay of the game for about 14 minutes it is recent from last month and another one from 3 months ago and I was disappointed.

Points that can improve the game:

-I hope they fix the melee combat it looks ridiculous. sloppy reactions in one punch the guy didn’t even react so that is a problem, stiff animations to the punches and the face after taking a punch is still the same. Something needs to change maybe a black eye or some blood dripping.

-The city looks dead, lifeless and everything looks stiff, ridig. I was expecting ppl walk up and down the sidewalks the streets lit up with neon red and green and other vibrant colors. The music coming from the people’s cars, clubs, shops you know a living city, maybe have higher quality ambient sounds I expect that the game will have it as soon as it comes out.

-People take multiple shots and there is no blood on the floor, there are some games for over a decade that do that so I think it is possible for you to do it.

I know that a 14 min gameplay is not much but I’ve seen many things that can improve, in four months of work I think it is possible to fix some of those things and I hope this will be fixed/improved to make this game better and consequently a huge success.

What did you guys think of these points that I listed agree or disagree?

Thank you!

But who said it was not right? So far I've more heard it was very ok, just not ground-breaking.

Same for the ragdoll, they're ok, not groundbreaking. It's their first attempt at such game, what they showed is already pretty good for their first FPS on Red Engine IMO.

Last edited:
Cyberpunk 2077's gameplay is getting so much hate especially on YouTube. This is making me very concerned about the game. Are people overreacting or is there actually something very off about this game? The most recent gameplay video is getting so many negative comments. The gameplay video is below but what do you think about all of this? Are you getting very concerned like me about the game due to negatively surrounding the gameplay? I have to admit though, the gameplay seems off especially the fist fight with the twins and the driving. I'm not sure if they can fix all this in only 4 months. Time is running out. The game is pretty much getting set in stone at this point and what we see in the recent gameplay videos is pretty much what we're getting more or less. Cyberpunk 2077 may be visually stunning but what makes a great game is its gameplay in my opinion.

To ajuanf411's point regarding the city looking dead. The gameplay I saw from two weeks ago does seem to show a pretty empty city. Did they massively scale back the NPCs and life in the city? Has there been reaction from those who got to play the recent stuff?

Edit: After watching 20 minutes of gameplay posted in another thread (which seems to have disappeared really quick), nothing looks really impressive. I was super hyped for this game, but now.. not so much.

• The voice acting seemed pretty bad in a lot of cases like I'd see in Fallout or TES.
  • The world seemed completely empty. Even the locations with NPCs in them, they all hung around to the sides or sat down against the walls which made them seem like parts of the background and not actual inhabitants of the world.
  • The graphics seemed decent, but nothing mindblowing. It's not an issue by itself since it's not what I look for in a game like this, but when I first saw them a few years back they were impressive. Unfortunately they stagnated while everything else improved.
  • Animations were unimpressive and everything looked janky or stiff. Even the speed of the movements seemed unnatural during a scene with cops.
  • Facial animations were worse offenders than above though.
My concern isn't that the game won't be worth the $60. My concern is that nothing will be particularly great. It'll just be an average game in every department. I'm hoping it's just the gameplay I saw and the released experience will be different.

Last edited:
To ajuanf411's point regarding the city looking dead. The gameplay I saw from two weeks ago does seem to show a pretty empty city. Did they massively scale back the NPCs and life in the city? Has there been reaction from those who got to play the recent stuff?
jt4gov this gameplay that I watched is from 2 weeks ago I think it is fresh but my biggest concern is about the melee fight that looked ridiculous about the twins have you seen ? it doesn't look very realistic at all the reactions doesn't happen right the faces are the same after getting 5 punches look at the gameplay and you will see. About the shooting people take multiple shots and there is no blood in the ground where the blood go ?
Search for cyberpunk 2077 gameplay no commentary and you will see.

I just want they to fix this for the game to be a succes.

Top Bottom