Cyberpunk 2077's Gameplay?

+
jt4gov this gameplay that I watched is from 2 weeks ago I think it is fresh but my biggest concern is about the melee fight that looked ridiculous about the twins have you seen ? it doesn't look very realistic at all the reactions doesn't happen right the faces are the same after getting 5 punches look at the gameplay and you will see. About the shooting people take multiple shots and there is no blood in the ground where the blood go ?
Search for cyberpunk 2077 gameplay no commentary and you will see.

I just want they to fix this for the game to be a succes.
Yeah that's what I just watched. Things seem way more sparse, combat seems less impactful and everything seems toned down from E3 in 2018. Hell, in the video you blow up, shoot and even decapitate someone with the mantis blades and there's zero blood. There should be a gore fountain after decapitating someone, but there isn't even a drop of blood or blood on the ground.

It all looks really, really subpar and inadequate. The 40+ minutes from 2018 looked great and the shooting off limbs, shooting through walls, etc. all looked amazing. None of what I just saw looked okay though.

Edit: it all looked so.. meh. My excitement is more apprehension now.

Last edited:
To ajuanf411's point regarding the city looking dead. The gameplay I saw from two weeks ago does seem to show a pretty empty city. Did they massively scale back the NPCs and life in the city? Has there been reaction from those who got to play the recent stuff?

Edit: After watching 20 minutes of gameplay posted in another thread (which seems to have disappeared really quick), nothing looks really impressive. I was super hyped for this game, but now.. not so much.

• The voice acting seemed pretty bad in a lot of cases like I'd see in Fallout or TES.
  • The world seemed completely empty. Even the locations with NPCs in them, they all hung around to the sides or sat down against the walls which made them seem like parts of the background and not actual inhabitants of the world.
  • The graphics seemed decent, but nothing mindblowing. It's not an issue by itself since it's not what I look for in a game like this, but when I first saw them a few years back they were impressive. Unfortunately they stagnated while everything else improved.
  • Animations were unimpressive and everything looked janky or stiff. Even the speed of the movements seemed unnatural during a scene with cops.
  • Facial animations were worse offenders than above though.
My concern isn't that the game won't be worth the $60. My concern is that nothing will be particularly great. It'll just be an average game in every department. I'm hoping it's just the gameplay I saw and the released experience will be different.
Yes jt4gov me too I was very hyped about this game as well after watching the trailers, people talking about, because of the story, the 6 districts, the gangs, Keanu reeves and everything else and now I'm concerned about it. Most of people have high expectations in this game maybe that is why they delayed again but I hope they improve and fix this points because the game has a lot of potential to be one of the best but needs some work.
I just made this posts so than can know what is going on I really hope they see it.
Post automatically merged:

Yeah that's what I just watched. Things seem way more sparse, combat seems less impactful and everything seems toned down from E3 in 2018. Hell, in the video you blow up, shoot and even decapitate someone with the mantis blades and there's zero blood. There should be a gore fountain after decapitating someone, but there isn't even a drop of blood or blood on the ground.

It all looks really, really subpar and inadequate. The 40+ minutes from 2018 looked great and the shooting off limbs, shooting through walls, etc. all looked amazing. None of what I just saw looked okay though.

Edit: it all looked so.. meh. My excitement is more apprehension now.
I will do a thread on this points!

Last edited:
Thank you for this post, I am deeply concerned over the gameplay of this game. I also got this feeling that the more we see about the game the more the hype goes down. I'll still buy it day 1, I love CDPR and The Witcher 3 will forever be in my top 3 games ever so I have faith. But then it hit me. CDPR has never been praised by their gameplay.

Design 10/10
Music 10/10
Graphics 10/10
Story 10/10
World and Inmmersion 10/10
Actual gameplay and combat ?/10

The one critic I have always heard about witcher games is that the combat is bland or straight up mediocre. If I try to be neutral and look at the Witcher 3 from a distance, I would have to admit that is another "spam roll to dodge and hit" game.

Now when we first started seeing 2077 I feel the internet started to blissfully ignore the red flags. Health bars, enemies being shot don't react at all , but tons of numbers fly out of them. And that fist fight with the twins... that really felt like a wake up call.

Why haven't we seen ANY ACTUAL RAW AND UNCUT gameplay? Like anything when the game is less than 2 months from release. I checked all over youtube, and all we have seen are montages of clips and even the missions they show are cut to the next dialogue with a little driving with nothing happening on the way.

I hate to compare this great company to the not so popular now Bethesda Game Studios, but 2077 could REALLY use a show where they just put a developer play 15-20 minutes of a section of the game. No cutscenes, no dialogues, no video editing, no narration other than the developer with the controls. Just 20 minutes of the actual gameplay unfiltered.

Like seriously, once you take off the hype glasses and you start looking for material on the game, you just see it. It's all interviews, blogs, edited videos, dialogues, snooze shooting and talking about their vision.

PLEASE CDPR, If you read this, shut my b~|@ a@# mouth and with a raw and long gameplay video. (Just don't give it to IGN or they will make an article analyzing the political feel of the game).

PD: Reading the last replies, I'm also a katana dude, my only hope is that the katana that deflects bullets gameplay is great, is all I need.

I really don't understand the point of your post. Would you rather they NOT provide us with any information (i.e. no dev diary updates, beta tests events etc) until release day? Seriously, so you don't believe any of the:

1. ACTUAL gameplay in the Night City wire episodes we've been seeing?

2. ACTUAL LIVE GAMEPLAY influencers had in playing the game recently, and/or any of their feedback on the "raw and uncut" game play they experienced?

If not, Google and Youtube are your bffs right now.

You're either an extremely emotionally damaged Star Citizen/Anthem/Fallout 76 fan or a genuine cynic. :LOL:

I'm honestly not that concerned about most things listed here. My main disappointment is probably just that they removed the NCART train system from being useable. I don't care about them not being a fast travel option, but I'd like to ride them like in Watch Dogs 1/GTA 4/RDR 2. Travel by train is one of the most immersive, unique ways to see a map and I thoroughly enjoyed using passenger trains in RDR2. Taking a seat and just watching the world go by from station to station.

Tbh though, I'll be kinda surprised if use of the trains is still gone at lease. The nightcity.love website explicitly mentions the NCART system as a form of travel around Night City alongside cars and cabs. I'd find it odd they'd mention NCART in both the Night City Wire 3 trailer AND that website if we couldn't ride it all. The webpage also shows this picture of an NCART station that looks like we can access:
1601560612562.png

Imo it'll be a really wasted opportunity not to have NCART in the game. Look at some of these screenshots of the NCART line! It would be such a massive shame not to be able to see the city from up there by train!
1601560686158.png

1601560693623.png

1601560699320.png

1601560727494.png

The city must look amazing by train, so I'm hoping they added it back as a way for us to get around, non fast travel.

Vehicle customisation I'm not worried about though. The massive variants of vehicles available are enough for me to be satisfied big time. The game isn't GTA and is a lot less focused on cars, I suppose. You've got unique variants to collect and have as your own, but at the same time I'm not too fussed on the fact that I can't change them. Maybe just change the base colour or something.

Last edited:
I really don't understand the point of your post. Would you rather they NOT provide us with any information (i.e. no dev diary updates, beta tests events etc) until release day? Seriously, so you don't believe any of the:

1. ACTUAL gameplay in the Night City wire episodes we've been seeing?

2. ACTUAL LIVE GAMEPLAY influencers had in playing the game recently, and/or any of their feedback on the "raw and uncut" game play they experienced?

If not, Google and Youtube are your bffs right now.

You're either an extremely emotionally damaged Star Citizen/Anthem/Fallout 76 fan or a genuine cynic. :LOL:
They don't want stitched together clips of gameplay lasting 30 seconds or fewer or being told how the game plays by people who might not be the most unbiased as most are just grateful for early access so they can have something to gain attention to their channel, or even a few of them actually appearing in the game themselves...I mean, who's going to tell us about anything negative when they were put in the game? What they're asking for is about 15 minutes or more of raw, uninterrupted gameplay...basically what we got from the E3 2018 trailer, but now with where the game is currently.

It would be really cool if they just should us the exact same content from 2018 48 minute demo but with all the updated features and graphics.

I love Cdpr The Witcher 3 reinvigorated my love for gaming and I own well over 200 ps4 games now because of them. And I have to say I am so disappointed with the combat and just general feel of the movement and everything with cyberpunk 2077 that I could cry from just heart break.

I love Cdpr The Witcher 3 reinvigorated my love for gaming and I own well over 200 ps4 games now because of them. And I have to say I am so disappointed with the combat and just general feel of the movement and everything with cyberpunk 2077 that I could cry from just heart break.
I agree, the melee combat and environmental movement is lacking...I wonder if it would seem better if it had a 3rd person view option. Really wish I could play in this world, with all of it's rpg elements, but with the combat and movement of AC Valhalla for example...and tbf, I have been playing that game for the last month, and going from that combat/environmental movement to this, is kind of anti-climactic, purely from a gameplay aspect. And I'm not saying ACV is better than C2077, but damn, if I could take that game's view, combat, movement, and verticality, and plop it into Night City, my gawd...that would be amazing.

Top Bottom