Cyberpunk: An Overview

+
Hello there!

Since everyone is posting their thoughts and feelings about the game, I decided I would do the same. However, I should point out that my overview would be mostly focused on things I consider to be bad and things that need improvement. So far, I have played the game two times, first time as male streetkid, second time as male corpo so one can assume and understand I have really good knowledge about the game systems. There are probably people who had the same or similar conclusions and gripes with the game like I have, but I am unable to read every single forum or find similar posts like my own. In that sense I do apologize if I’m repeating things all over again, but this is may take on the game so I hope you will understand.

The main reason I’m writing this is hope that developers are reading what I’m about to write because I believe this game has tremendous potential but is gimped by many, in my opinion, illogical design decision that mostly can be (easily?) mended. One disclaimer. I will not talk about bugs and glitches. We all know they exist and there is no need to constantly repeat same problems over and over again. These problems are self-explanatory and they must be fixed. I’m primarily talking about design decision issues in certain systems.

So, let’s start with the things I like. Story, side quests, car design (interior and exterior), weapon design, lip sync and voice acting, the world (both graphically and aesthetically), hacking, combat. These aspects of the game are satisfying, some more than the other, but in general they are enjoyable and serve their purpose well. Now let’s talk about things that are bad.

Crafting. I would say this is done really poorly. I firmly believe that linking crafting to an attribute (Technical ability) is fundamentally wrong in a game that is essentially a looter/shooter. I will give an example. Say that you want to craft a legendary and iconic weapon. In order to do so, you would have to have 18 points in technical ability. This alone forces you to allocate points in an attribute that you might not be so interested in (let us assume you don’t want to use Engineering at all) and therefore limiting you experience, as well as build potentials. If I want to be a stealth netrunner, I would normally have to use cool and intelligence as my primary stats, but I would also have a lot of potential to invest in say reflex for more damage potential if I’m using let’s say blades or maybe assault weapons and handguns. On top of that, I would be able to spread my points on other attributes so I can unlock all dialog options. It would be much better if crafting was linked to street credit so everyone can access the elementary benefits of crafting, at least when we are talking about the ability to craft all weapon tiers. As far as other crafting benefits, like the ability to automatically disassemble junk, or chance to craft or upgrade an item for free, those things, or perks should be bounded to some attribute, but in a way that is not limiting or too punishing. But in general, allowing players to craft legendary weapons should never be limited by attribute choice. That being said, I understand the necessity to spread point in such fashion in order to limit certain things like creating a character which is extraordinary in every aspect of the game as well as forcing the players to have one dedicated build. By “enforcing” the need to invest in technical ability attribute, you can only invest so much points in one playstyle while motivating players to replay the game in order to use another build. This I can somewhat understand, however I still firmly believe that limiting crafting in such a manner in a looter/shooter game is fundamentally wrong. Will the system change in a manner that I have disclosed here I cannot say for sure. I would assume that this will not be the case because it requires serious redesign of certain aspects of the game.

Let us now assume that the system won’t fundamentally change and it will stay the same. There are still changes that can be made in order for crafting to be enjoyable. I here use the world “enjoyable” because it certainly isn’t and it very well can be. One of the issues here is the lack of bulk crafting. When you unlock the perk, which gives you the ability to craft lower tier items into higher, you have extremely handy tool for times upgrading, as well as item crafting. This however has a huge setback. You are not allowed to craft more than one item at the time, which then forces you to sit through extremely boring and frustrating process, completely demotivating you to use the system as it was intended and resorting to “other” means which will give you what you require. I would very much like to meet a person who decided that this was the optimal solution so I can say a couple of angry words towards the said person. It feels like the system wasn’t properly tested in order to see the shortcoming that a player can encounter.

Another issue it he material requirement for item upgrade. Item upgrading works as far as I can see based on the player level. If you level is 30, your item cannot be upgraded to a higher level. That works fine on paper. But look at this problem. Say that you received an iconic weapon, Divided We Stand, a smart submachine gun. Let us also assume that your main attribute is Technical ability and you have 18 points in it, which enables you to craft legendary weapons and that you have gathered enough materials to upgrade the weapon to legendary tier. What you now have is highest tier iconic weapons. If you were level 30 at that time, in order for that weapon to stay viable till the endgame, you must upgrade it 20 times. The number of materials you need to do so is shockingly high, turning into a huge resource sink that can only result in frustration, which then forces the player to discard the weapon, never to be touched again. Why isn’t there a recipe for the iconic weapons so they can be crafted again at a higher level? Why can’t I recraft the weapon from rare tier to legendary when I’m level 50? If you are afraid the players will exploit this system, just reduce the number of materials you get from disassembling the iconic weapons. This makes no sense whatsoever. If the player has acquired the iconic weapon, allow them to craft the weapon again or reduce the upgrading materials requirement.

There is also a problem with crafting recipes. I don’t know which recipes I have already bought because the game doesn’t indicate this. I know for a fact because I have now purchased epic recipe for MaxDoc Mk. 3 several times. I would also like to have crafting recipes for every item I have disassembled so I can craft clothing items which I fancy. Additionally, why can’t I craft legendary versions of clothing items I own? There is a level 18 perk in crafting that says I can do it, but only for epic tier and above. What about rare tier items that I might have disassembled by accident. Is the perk bugged? Why Johnny Silverhand’s jacket when upgraded to legendary tier gives only one mod socket instead of maybe three or four whereas epic variant has two? How can I craft legendary mods? Why can’t I see the number of mod sockets for items I’m about to craft? Is there a rule how many mod sockets there are per every tier level? Why can’t I preview items I’m crafting? I want to see what I’m about to craft. This is possible for weapons, but not for clothing items. As it is evident from everything about, there are many issues in crafting but they can be mended, even if the system stays “as is”.

Driving and driving AI. Driving is really bad. I had to use a mod that sort of made vehicle handling better, however the main problem with driving is the mini map. It is too zoomed in and that in turned caused me to miss ridiculous number of corners like never before in any game that uses driving as a main way of transportation. If the mini map was zoomed out, it would be much better. Or better yet, if someone likes the way the mini map is, then add an option so we can modify the zoom of the mini map. Or the faster you are driving, the more zoomed out mini map becomes. In any case, this is a deal breaker for driving experience it is sad for me to resort to fast traveling rather than driving from A to B because the city looks really stunning. As for vehicle handling, I can only say that certain vehicles behave too wildly, while some of them behave sort of ok? I don’t know, maybe this is subjective but certainly this is something that should be explored and analyzed. Now let’s talk about driving AI. I’m sorry to say, but driving ai is extremely simple. The AI drivers don’t know how to pass a vehicle that is parked on the road, which in turns creates traffic jam all over the city. They react poorly when your vehicle hits theirs, meaning they just continue driving after a short pause whereas they could exit the vehicle, curse you, maybe call the cops, something along those lines. In general, I believe that the problems are very much evident in this department.

Inventory. When talking about inventory I’m mostly interested in character preview and itemization. The biggest issue that I’m having at the moment is lack of item, or I should say, clothing transmogrification. In another words it is not possible to apply the skin of the item you have to another item you are currently wearing. This could be solved by enabling us to craft any clothing item in the game via crafting specs or maybe enabling us to craft clothing that we have disassembled. It is even more illogical when you think the game has amazing photo mode. But unfortunately, my character looks like a mentally disturbed person who entered a random clothing shop, picked whatever their wicked mind suggested and exited the shop looking absolutely disturbing. Another feature that would be interesting is a tab in which you can designate which item you should sell to a merchant. In that way you can designate multiple items and just sell them in bulk instead of doing that in front of the merchant. That way you can separate consumables that can be disassembled and the ones that don’t. I’m specifically thinking of food which I absolutely don’t use, but you could at least sell it.

Emptiness of the city. Somehow the city looks empty, but not always. While some areas are populated enough, others (like freeways coming in and out of the city) are barren. This breaks immersion and in turn makes the city forgettable. Increase the number of cars, at least in the parts of the city that have a logical explanation for more traffic. For Pacifica for example I can understand why there aren’t any vehicles but at the least give some sort of a police checkpoint when entering that district so that the players can somewhat understand why the situation in Pacifica is like we have been told.

Wanted system. This is by far the worst system in the game because it does not exist. I’m sorry to say but it is the truth. Having police spawn right near you when u commit a crime is really pathetic. I am using harsh words, I understand that, but sadly, this is the truth. Why was this system implemented like I can only speculate, but I won’t go into speculation. What I would like to see is a system where V gets tagged depending on the severity of his crimes and then when you have accumulated much dirt on yourself the NCPD starts to hunt you but on directly. Only if u get spotted by a camera, or a citizen reports you, then the NCPD block the districts where you have been sighted so you can either escape or pay off the police with the help pf fixer. Sure, you can go into firefight with them while escaping (that would be tense) but eventually you either die (which means you need to reload a checkpoint) our you get captured which means a certain sum get deducted from you bank account. That however depends on the crimes you have committed. This is just one suggestion, but there are many more. The best bet would be to analyze wanted system from open world games that have them and then pick one or make your own by picking certain aspects of those wanted systems. There is no shame in borrowing features from other games if they can utilize in a logical way, which then can greatly benefit to your game. Whatever will be the case, this is something that must be resolved, or should I say implement as soon as possible. I believe this system is the most complex and it will take time before we can see significant improvements. Could be nice if the devs will prove us wrong.

Economy. I have a feeling that economy is greatly unbalanced in this game mainly because the game has no continuity in terms of radiant or repeatable quests. In my first playthrough I thought that “Assault in progress” missions were the ones that are repeatable. In that way I could farm items and cash in a normal fashion, as well as raise skill level. Instead, I have to resort to chasing packs of enemies that are spawning in certain places which is very disappointing. Why am I saying this? Because certain items are way too expensive. Let’s look at this achievement for example. Autojock achievement can be earned by purchasing every vehicle that is available for purchase. Since I have cleaned the entire map, aka I have nothing more to do, right now I have around 650k in the bank. Considering I have over 20 cars left to purchase (some of them are over 100k) it is almost impossible to complete the achievement. Frankly, I don’t care about achievement but the point I’m making is clear. There is no way to purchase everything that can be offered in the game simple because it is a) too expensive b) you do not have the means to generate additional income through normal means other than farming pack of mobs or using cheats, both of which I’m not really interested in. Same thing goes not only for cars, but mod recipes, legendary weapon recipes, mods and the list goes on and on. Either reduce prices of said items or give us repeatable quests. Or something third, I don’t know. This is a single player game and I would like to access everything that can be accessed. Right know I feel like I’m missing a lot of things simply because I don’t have enough funds to buy what I want.

Leveling system. In general, my feeling is that the leveling system is ok. There is however one problem. You cannot level most of the skills to maximum level (except from maybe guns and crafting) which in turn means you can never achieve full potential of this skill you have chosen. For example, I’m focusing mainly on hacking and in turn I leveled intelligence to level 20. This is all fine and dandy, but since I have finished everything there is in the game it is very hard to get my skills (breaching and quick hacking) to maximum level and therefore not being able to use level 20 perks. Reduce amount of experience needed to reach level 20 or give us more content (for example the one I have previously mentioned) so that the leveling feels natural and that it has some context.

I should like to point out that I’m not demanding anything as certain sentences might be interpreted in that fashion. I’m simply offering my thoughts and solutions because I truly care about this game. I hope that these advices and solutions will be implemented because it can only benefit the game in the long run. If I have forgotten anything along the lines, I will add it later on.

Thank you for reading this.

Hello there!

Since everyone is posting their thoughts and feelings about the game, I decided I would do the same. However, I should point out that my overview would be mostly focused on things I consider to be bad and things that need improvement. So far, I have played the game two times, first time as male streetkid, second time as male corpo so one can assume and understand I have really good knowledge about the game systems. There are probably people who had the same or similar conclusions and gripes with the game like I have, but I am unable to read every single forum or find similar posts like my own. In that sense I do apologize if I’m repeating things all over again, but this is may take on the game so I hope you will understand.

The main reason I’m writing this is hope that developers are reading what I’m about to write because I believe this game has tremendous potential but is gimped by many, in my opinion, illogical design decision that mostly can be (easily?) mended. One disclaimer. I will not talk about bugs and glitches. We all know they exist and there is no need to constantly repeat same problems over and over again. These problems are self-explanatory and they must be fixed. I’m primarily talking about design decision issues in certain systems.

So, let’s start with the things I like. Story, side quests, car design (interior and exterior), weapon design, lip sync and voice acting, the world (both graphically and aesthetically), hacking, combat. These aspects of the game are satisfying, some more than the other, but in general they are enjoyable and serve their purpose well. Now let’s talk about things that are bad.

Crafting. I would say this is done really poorly. I firmly believe that linking crafting to an attribute (Technical ability) is fundamentally wrong in a game that is essentially a looter/shooter. I will give an example. Say that you want to craft a legendary and iconic weapon. In order to do so, you would have to have 18 points in technical ability. This alone forces you to allocate points in an attribute that you might not be so interested in (let us assume you don’t want to use Engineering at all) and therefore limiting you experience, as well as build potentials. If I want to be a stealth netrunner, I would normally have to use cool and intelligence as my primary stats, but I would also have a lot of potential to invest in say reflex for more damage potential if I’m using let’s say blades or maybe assault weapons and handguns. On top of that, I would be able to spread my points on other attributes so I can unlock all dialog options. It would be much better if crafting was linked to street credit so everyone can access the elementary benefits of crafting, at least when we are talking about the ability to craft all weapon tiers. As far as other crafting benefits, like the ability to automatically disassemble junk, or chance to craft or upgrade an item for free, those things, or perks should be bounded to some attribute, but in a way that is not limiting or too punishing. But in general, allowing players to craft legendary weapons should never be limited by attribute choice. That being said, I understand the necessity to spread point in such fashion in order to limit certain things like creating a character which is extraordinary in every aspect of the game as well as forcing the players to have one dedicated build. By “enforcing” the need to invest in technical ability attribute, you can only invest so much points in one playstyle while motivating players to replay the game in order to use another build. This I can somewhat understand, however I still firmly believe that limiting crafting in such a manner in a looter/shooter game is fundamentally wrong. Will the system change in a manner that I have disclosed here I cannot say for sure. I would assume that this will not be the case because it requires serious redesign of certain aspects of the game.

Let us now assume that the system won’t fundamentally change and it will stay the same. There are still changes that can be made in order for crafting to be enjoyable. I here use the world “enjoyable” because it certainly isn’t and it very well can be. One of the issues here is the lack of bulk crafting. When you unlock the perk, which gives you the ability to craft lower tier items into higher, you have extremely handy tool for times upgrading, as well as item crafting. This however has a huge setback. You are not allowed to craft more than one item at the time, which then forces you to sit through extremely boring and frustrating process, completely demotivating you to use the system as it was intended and resorting to “other” means which will give you what you require. I would very much like to meet a person who decided that this was the optimal solution so I can say a couple of angry words towards the said person. It feels like the system wasn’t properly tested in order to see the shortcoming that a player can encounter.

Another issue it he material requirement for item upgrade. Item upgrading works as far as I can see based on the player level. If you level is 30, your item cannot be upgraded to a higher level. That works fine on paper. But look at this problem. Say that you received an iconic weapon, Divided We Stand, a smart submachine gun. Let us also assume that your main attribute is Technical ability and you have 18 points in it, which enables you to craft legendary weapons and that you have gathered enough materials to upgrade the weapon to legendary tier. What you now have is highest tier iconic weapons. If you were level 30 at that time, in order for that weapon to stay viable till the endgame, you must upgrade it 20 times. The number of materials you need to do so is shockingly high, turning into a huge resource sink that can only result in frustration, which then forces the player to discard the weapon, never to be touched again. Why isn’t there a recipe for the iconic weapons so they can be crafted again at a higher level? Why can’t I recraft the weapon from rare tier to legendary when I’m level 50? If you are afraid the players will exploit this system, just reduce the number of materials you get from disassembling the iconic weapons. This makes no sense whatsoever. If the player has acquired the iconic weapon, allow them to craft the weapon again or reduce the upgrading materials requirement.

There is also a problem with crafting recipes. I don’t know which recipes I have already bought because the game doesn’t indicate this. I know for a fact because I have now purchased epic recipe for MaxDoc Mk. 3 several times. I would also like to have crafting recipes for every item I have disassembled so I can craft clothing items which I fancy. Additionally, why can’t I craft legendary versions of clothing items I own? There is a level 18 perk in crafting that says I can do it, but only for epic tier and above. What about rare tier items that I might have disassembled by accident. Is the perk bugged? Why Johnny Silverhand’s jacket when upgraded to legendary tier gives only one mod socket instead of maybe three or four whereas epic variant has two? How can I craft legendary mods? Why can’t I see the number of mod sockets for items I’m about to craft? Is there a rule how many mod sockets there are per every tier level? Why can’t I preview items I’m crafting? I want to see what I’m about to craft. This is possible for weapons, but not for clothing items. As it is evident from everything about, there are many issues in crafting but they can be mended, even if the system stays “as is”.

Driving and driving AI. Driving is really bad. I had to use a mod that sort of made vehicle handling better, however the main problem with driving is the mini map. It is too zoomed in and that in turned caused me to miss ridiculous number of corners like never before in any game that uses driving as a main way of transportation. If the mini map was zoomed out, it would be much better. Or better yet, if someone likes the way the mini map is, then add an option so we can modify the zoom of the mini map. Or the faster you are driving, the more zoomed out mini map becomes. In any case, this is a deal breaker for driving experience it is sad for me to resort to fast traveling rather than driving from A to B because the city looks really stunning. As for vehicle handling, I can only say that certain vehicles behave too wildly, while some of them behave sort of ok? I don’t know, maybe this is subjective but certainly this is something that should be explored and analyzed. Now let’s talk about driving AI. I’m sorry to say, but driving ai is extremely simple. The AI drivers don’t know how to pass a vehicle that is parked on the road, which in turns creates traffic jam all over the city. They react poorly when your vehicle hits theirs, meaning they just continue driving after a short pause whereas they could exit the vehicle, curse you, maybe call the cops, something along those lines. In general, I believe that the problems are very much evident in this department.

Inventory. When talking about inventory I’m mostly interested in character preview and itemization. The biggest issue that I’m having at the moment is lack of item, or I should say, clothing transmogrification. In another words it is not possible to apply the skin of the item you have to another item you are currently wearing. This could be solved by enabling us to craft any clothing item in the game via crafting specs or maybe enabling us to craft clothing that we have disassembled. It is even more illogical when you think the game has amazing photo mode. But unfortunately, my character looks like a mentally disturbed person who entered a random clothing shop, picked whatever their wicked mind suggested and exited the shop looking absolutely disturbing. Another feature that would be interesting is a tab in which you can designate which item you should sell to a merchant. In that way you can designate multiple items and just sell them in bulk instead of doing that in front of the merchant. That way you can separate consumables that can be disassembled and the ones that don’t. I’m specifically thinking of food which I absolutely don’t use, but you could at least sell it.

Emptiness of the city. Somehow the city looks empty, but not always. While some areas are populated enough, others (like freeways coming in and out of the city) are barren. This breaks immersion and in turn makes the city forgettable. Increase the number of cars, at least in the parts of the city that have a logical explanation for more traffic. For Pacifica for example I can understand why there aren’t any vehicles but at the least give some sort of a police checkpoint when entering that district so that the players can somewhat understand why the situation in Pacifica is like we have been told.

Wanted system. This is by far the worst system in the game because it does not exist. I’m sorry to say but it is the truth. Having police spawn right near you when u commit a crime is really pathetic. I am using harsh words, I understand that, but sadly, this is the truth. Why was this system implemented like I can only speculate, but I won’t go into speculation. What I would like to see is a system where V gets tagged depending on the severity of his crimes and then when you have accumulated much dirt on yourself the NCPD starts to hunt you but on directly. Only if u get spotted by a camera, or a citizen reports you, then the NCPD block the districts where you have been sighted so you can either escape or pay off the police with the help pf fixer. Sure, you can go into firefight with them while escaping (that would be tense) but eventually you either die (which means you need to reload a checkpoint) our you get captured which means a certain sum get deducted from you bank account. That however depends on the crimes you have committed. This is just one suggestion, but there are many more. The best bet would be to analyze wanted system from open world games that have them and then pick one or make your own by picking certain aspects of those wanted systems. There is no shame in borrowing features from other games if they can utilize in a logical way, which then can greatly benefit to your game. Whatever will be the case, this is something that must be resolved, or should I say implement as soon as possible. I believe this system is the most complex and it will take time before we can see significant improvements. Could be nice if the devs will prove us wrong.

Economy. I have a feeling that economy is greatly unbalanced in this game mainly because the game has no continuity in terms of radiant or repeatable quests. In my first playthrough I thought that “Assault in progress” missions were the ones that are repeatable. In that way I could farm items and cash in a normal fashion, as well as raise skill level. Instead, I have to resort to chasing packs of enemies that are spawning in certain places which is very disappointing. Why am I saying this? Because certain items are way too expensive. Let’s look at this achievement for example. Autojock achievement can be earned by purchasing every vehicle that is available for purchase. Since I have cleaned the entire map, aka I have nothing more to do, right now I have around 650k in the bank. Considering I have over 20 cars left to purchase (some of them are over 100k) it is almost impossible to complete the achievement. Frankly, I don’t care about achievement but the point I’m making is clear. There is no way to purchase everything that can be offered in the game simple because it is a) too expensive b) you do not have the means to generate additional income through normal means other than farming pack of mobs or using cheats, both of which I’m not really interested in. Same thing goes not only for cars, but mod recipes, legendary weapon recipes, mods and the list goes on and on. Either reduce prices of said items or give us repeatable quests. Or something third, I don’t know. This is a single player game and I would like to access everything that can be accessed. Right know I feel like I’m missing a lot of things simply because I don’t have enough funds to buy what I want.

Leveling system. In general, my feeling is that the leveling system is ok. There is however one problem. You cannot level most of the skills to maximum level (except from maybe guns and crafting) which in turn means you can never achieve full potential of this skill you have chosen. For example, I’m focusing mainly on hacking and in turn I leveled intelligence to level 20. This is all fine and dandy, but since I have finished everything there is in the game it is very hard to get my skills (breaching and quick hacking) to maximum level and therefore not being able to use level 20 perks. Reduce amount of experience needed to reach level 20 or give us more content (for example the one I have previously mentioned) so that the leveling feels natural and that it has some context.

I should like to point out that I’m not demanding anything as certain sentences might be interpreted in that fashion. I’m simply offering my thoughts and solutions because I truly care about this game. I hope that these advices and solutions will be implemented because it can only benefit the game in the long run. If I have forgotten anything along the lines, I will add it later on.

Thank you for reading this.

Man... i wonder if anyone at CDPR reads this and feels as inspired by your dedication to voice your constructive criticism of this game as they should.

The main issue with this game is not about mechanics, its about story
The story is fine once you understand the tones, the pacing needs work but every single game system is completely broken the story isn't broken at all.

Combat is broken, no challenge at all you one shot everyone on the highest of difficulties with ease without any cheese builds, melee, ranged w/e it all works the same.

Health spam is possible, grenades can also be spammed and you can kill everything, the AI is completely retarded and offers no challenge there are no interesting combat mechanics what so ever, stealth is broken stealth in this game is pretty much kill everyone before they notice you which is easy as fuck to do.

Crafting is utterly broken, it's not only broken within the game but it actually breaks the game too, the new save file limit is btw 14MB I know because I hit it and I can't load those saves now, how i hit it? well by crafting probably 50-100K mudpacks / grenades for disassembly to make money and upgrade the gear I like so I won't have to fight in a diaper, high heels and a knitted cap with fucking ears on it.

Cyberware is boring and useless.

Mods are borken.

Stats well there are no stats the only stat you get on your gear is armor, the only stat you get on your weapons is damage there are a few special mods and half of them are broken...

Perks half of them are useless, the other are broken and you get so many perk points by leveling, perk point shard drops and leveling the individual attributes which each of them gives like 10 perk points that there is also no really decision or trade offs required in how to spend your perks.

There is zero customization of your characters, of your vehicles of your apartment etc.

The only thing that is somewhat in a complete state is Johnny's story and once you realize what it is about (hint the only good ending is the Arasaka one) it's not that bad either.

Hello there.

Thank you for the comments. I will try to explain my position, or rather, why I have picked these particular aspects of the game instead of some other.

it is important to notice that I have discussed the issues in my first post which can be (in my opinion) easily fixed and which do not require extensive changes to the point that the whole game or system needs to be redesigned. Therefore, there is no reason to discuss issues about the story because it is rather obvious that this aspect of the game will never change. It can only be updated through either DLC content or expansions, although that alone is very hard to predict, but also unrealistic to expect. We got the story that developers wanted to tell us and it is up to you to like it or dislike it, but you cannot demand for them to change it.

One can argue the same for the combat, however since combat isn't static in a way the story is, there is always room for improvement. However, these improvements will manifest themselves only as a fixes for the shortcoming of the systems that are closely tied to combat. For example, armor rating does absolutely nothing and this is me talking from experience. I don't have the data to prove it but it seems to me that armor rating doesn't do anything. No matter how much armor rating I have I can still get killed in two shots, or sometimes even less. I have also read that there are issues with certain mods or cybernetic improvement, not performing as per description or that they are completely broken. As far as we're talking being absolutely overpowered you acquire certain weapons and upgrades I can't really say I have a problem with that. I like being super powerful after I have invested in my character to and obliterating everything with my smart rifle always gives me a nice feeling. If you want to improve the combat to be more challenging I'm afraid it is not possible. You can either make enemies spongy as hell, or you can improve AI to use cover in a smart way or maybe to retreat when it noticed you are totally obliterating the rest of the NPC's.

Speaking of AI, it is also a problematic. Sometimes the AI does what it is supposed to do, while other times does absolutely nothing. This is also fixable, but here we're looking at a significant time that needs to be invested in order to make it work.

As far as the stealth system go I don't have issues with it. Fact being, I pretty much feel it is ok. You have your usual sneaking, avoiding detection, using hacking to create new opportunities for takedowns and other things. The issues that i have with stealth is the inability to use melee weapons as early as I can for finishing opponents. Instead, I have to wait for a perk to make melee stealth kills viable (Ninjitsu is unlocked at level 20 I believe). In that sense, stealth (as in close quarters rather than using a sniper rifle) is only viable in hand to hand takedown (which someone might say it's the same thing as knife attacks, and that is true) or with a high-powered revolver with silencer simply because you lose 15% damage with the best silencer and you need high base damage rather than high DPS weapon. I don't see much changing in this department other than changing perks.

When talking about cyberware it is important to notice that cyberware mostly gives passive bonuses, at least that's how I see it. The only "active" components are arm mods, legs for jumping and cyberdeck. I am kinda disappointed with arm mods. It seems to me they look epic on paper but in reality things are a bit different. I should point out I didn't use projectile launch system or mantis blades (i plan using mantis blades on my 3rd playthrough with my female nomad v) but mono wire and gorilla hands did not impress me. That goes even more for mono wire. It is a melee weapon for netrunner characters, but there are no incentives to use it because I have far superior alternative in say katana (or mantis blades) as well as the fact that it counts as a blunt weapon. And speaking of gorilla hands, I switched to this cyberware simply because I felt it is the best cyberware to use for fistfights because it seems to be that you cannot complete those quests without that modification.

I could go on and on about the issues this game has but like I've stated, these issues can be fixed because these fixed do not require drastic changes for core aspects of the game. What I'm proposing here are quality of life changes that feel reasonable enough and that were, for some unusual and rather puzzling reason, ignored or were not considered at all . The main focus here is to reduce frustration that a player might encounter using the systems at hand. If you want to change story or combat I'm afraid you are unreasonable. This is not how these things work.

Last edited:

urza7

Forum regular

This because we have just 30% of the game! Cut contents yeah!

Never read it all, apologies, i may come back when not so tired

I'll agree with your first point though, im not a fan of crafting lvl being tied to "adventure level", im fine if some perks require you to be a certain adventure so your not crafting or unlocking all the best items at lvl 1 but yeah i just hate crafting, crafting perks etc all sharing the same pool as adventure but i guess thats the easy route to go.

Recipes, resources, upgrading, producing, it all needs worked on.

Legendary recipes are not respawning in vendors, if the vendor can sell them and there is any available when you first go as soon as you buy them no legendary recipe will ever appear again no matter how many days pass or how many refreshes occur ( i could also be wrong though as i was only lvl 30 with max crafting an most perks and only refreshed the inventory just over 100 times at jinguji)

Resources - i sell absolutely nothing from the moment i step into the world, dont buy clothing or weapons sometimes not even a car, i do buy cybernetics though, but even then i have never got enough hi tier resources to keep 1 full set of gear upto date, the cost in materials ludicrous and the cost in eddies to buy them is also beyond a joke.

Requirements - The requirements for crafting a item, again, is ludicrous, why do i need epic material to craft a rare item?? Anyone?? Who thought it was a great idea to potentially require hundreds, if not thousands, of resources just to upgrade a item you like to your lvl?

You give us a perk to upgrade lower lvl components to a higher tier with each recipe or worse upgrade costing dozens of each component if not hundreds yet only give us the option to stand there and click a button creating 1 at a time, heaven forbid when you need to convert coomon to uncommon to rare to epic to legendary, i have literally stood there for hours doing so just to afford 1 upgrade.

Just a couple of pet peeves tbh that frustrate me just a wee wee bit :p

I still take crafting, will continue to do so, but yeah it needs some love like alot of things

Never read it all, apologies, i may come back when not so tired

I'll agree with your first point though, im not a fan of crafting lvl being tied to "adventure level", im fine if some perks require you to be a certain adventure so your not crafting or unlocking all the best items at lvl 1 but yeah i just hate crafting, crafting perks etc all sharing the same pool as adventure but i guess thats the easy route to go.

Recipes, resources, upgrading, producing, it all needs worked on.

Legendary recipes are not respawning in vendors, if the vendor can sell them and there is any available when you first go as soon as you buy them no legendary recipe will ever appear again no matter how many days pass or how many refreshes occur ( i could also be wrong though as i was only lvl 30 with max crafting an most perks and only refreshed the inventory just over 100 times at jinguji)

Resources - i sell absolutely nothing from the moment i step into the world, dont buy clothing or weapons sometimes not even a car, i do buy cybernetics though, but even then i have never got enough hi tier resources to keep 1 full set of gear upto date, the cost in materials ludicrous and the cost in eddies to buy them is also beyond a joke.

Requirements - The requirements for crafting a item, again, is ludicrous, why do i need epic material to craft a rare item?? Anyone?? Who thought it was a great idea to potentially require hundreds, if not thousands, of resources just to upgrade a item you like to your lvl?

You give us a perk to upgrade lower lvl components to a higher tier with each recipe or worse upgrade costing dozens of each component if not hundreds yet only give us the option to stand there and click a button creating 1 at a time, heaven forbid when you need to convert coomon to uncommon to rare to epic to legendary, i have literally stood there for hours doing so just to afford 1 upgrade.

Just a couple of pet peeves tbh that frustrate me just a wee wee bit :p

I still take crafting, will continue to do so, but yeah it needs some love like alot of things
I will always take crafting in cyberpunk because in a game that is a looter/shooter with a decent weapon variety it is extremely illogical and unreasonable not to invest in crafting, even if it means sacrificing other benefits like for example putting points into reflex for more damage capabilities. I explained pros and cons for this particular approach (dumping 18 points onto Technical Ability) but again, the amount of issues besides this, like you've pointed out, is unreal. Fortunately, all of them can be fixed with tweaking the system and I hope developers will recognize these problems as valid and make the system more enjoyable. At the end of the day, we're here to enjoy ourselves and not get frustrated over upgrading costs, lack of crafting recipes or other issues.

There is something I failed to mention, not because I forgot about it, but rather I wasn't aware it exists. During my two playthroughs I found certain legendary clothing items by chance. I though the items are a random loot drop so I didn't really go fully in depth about those items. Well, lo and behold, it turns out there are item sets in the game, more specifically clothing sets. I found about these items on the internet while I was searching for additional information about crafting recipes.
I must say, I'm deeply disturbed by this discovery. Why do these items sets don't have a dedicated quest (like we had in The Witcher 3) where you went on a treasure hunt in order to find legendary item sets? Or at least some hint of a general location? Instead I have to Alt+Tab back and forth between game and internet browser in order to find the exact location of these items. If not for guides and people putting Youtube videos about the matter I would be totally clueless about the existence of these specific items! Who came with this brilliant idea? Why is content in the game obscured in such a manner? Wouldn't it be logical to allow players to find these items by themselves? I'm absolutely flabbergasted by this discovery. I cannot fathom how someone could actually come up with this system. Good god, I hope the developers do something about this. This is extremely unpleasant discovery and I hope something will be done about this.

Top Bottom