Cyberpunk Crafting

+
If Techies, MedTechies and Netrunners are part of the game then I sincerely hope we have the capacity to do our own work.

With any luck at all CDPR will take a page from Bethesda and realize a fully moddable game is the way to go with CP2077. Unlike the book series Witcher is based on Cyberpunk is based on a PnP RPG. Allowing those so inclined and skilled to create content will dramatically improve sales because once the modding community gets their hands on it people that don't mod will have to buy the base game just to play the mods. And this word-of-mouth advertising and new content doesn't cost CDPR one zloty.

Well, let's not forget that they also created RedKit, I know that TW has a solid modding community.

Having somewhere in game I can access a library of blueprints for ingame items, along with mods would be awesome.

Sooooo... about crafting, you guys prefer self-craft like fallout 4 or blacksmith-craft like w3

And I believe player-craft-weapons/armor is a bad idea. The player should be able to craft mods and misc items, but not weapon and armor/chrome.

Last edited:
Sooooo... about crafting, you guys prefer self-craft like fallout 4 or blacksmith-craft like w3

And I believe player-craft-weapons/armor is a bad idea. The player should be able to craft mods and misc items, but not weapon and armor/chrome.

I prefer self, but I think that the option should be there for both an NPC to craft stuff for you, (costing you money, but saving you time and effort,) or the ability to do it yourself, (costing time and possibly requiring you to aquire equipment or rent it.)

As long as they keep it interesting and relevant to the gameplay at hand and won't go overboard with it. Witcher 3 and Fallout 4 are both bad examples to look at in my opinion.

If the player gets to tinker with something, be it a weapon, an armor, a program, a utility tool... what ever... it should pack a punch. A busywork simulator is the last thing I'd want this sort of feature to be in CP. The player should want to want the result (and work for it, whether it is for an NPC to do the work or the PC him/her self), not just to see the result happen merely for the novelty of "it can be done". For the majority of it, at least.

Top Bottom