Cyberpunk Edgerunners Netflix Show !Spoilers!

+
- here imagining, you must know a lot of people :) (to speak for those who don't even attend this forum). Obs. I speak and write - always - as long as I know how to speak and write, by myself. I dare not try to speak for others, alias, nor do I have a 'proxy' for others to speak on behalf of these others. Still, I speak and that's exactly what bothers me, when someone doesn't follow the 'average' - common - sense (the word mediocre comes from here, from 'average/medium').

What?

It's like you don't even bother reading people's post before attacking them. That or you don't understand them. @LeKill3rFou's post is in no way claiming to know anyone's specific opinion. Just that yours is just one opinion. It's obviously not going to be everyone's opinion.

If Pantom Liberty doesn't feature Lucy in the sky with diamonds, I'll be disappointed. Not as disappointed as not being able to use monowire to larp as Night City's Spiderman, but still disappointed.

I wonder how much time lies between this and the Events of CP 2077

A year I believe, that's what I remember from the little tie-in quest they added in 1.6. I'll check in game and verify it in a bit.
1663103325163.png

That's one of the messages from El Capitan of Mullet City. So the show ends a year before the game begins, when it starts though, only the AIs beyond the Blackwall know. And I ain't asking.

Last edited:
I loved every minute of it. I have never seen such a good tie in with a computer game(lets face it they are usually cr*p).
The look and feel were great. There were too many great moments to list. It fits into the game world perfectly and the little moments, for the players, like Rogue laughing her head off at Dave sneaking Rebecca past her doormen and waving them in were good too. Lots of places for people, familiar with the game or Night City, to hit characters lines at the same time as they are spoken.
Sometimes. it was easy to forget that I was watching this in my living room and not my place in Japantown.

I loved every minute of it. I have never seen such a good tie in with a computer game(lets face it they are usually cr*p).
The look and feel were great. There were too many great moments to list. It fits into the game world perfectly and the little moments, for the players, like Rogue laughing her head off at Dave sneaking Rebecca past her doormen and waving them in were good too. Lots of places for people, familiar with the game or Night City, to hit characters lines at the same time as they are spoken.
Sometimes. it was easy to forget that I was watching this in my living room and not my place in Japantown.
Where in the game does that match Rogue's personality? This looks nothing like the game, which is totally fine but as far as "tie ins" this may as well be a different place. The tone is completely different and this has the expected Shonen tropes that the game does not.

I liked it. It would've been a nice touch that Lucy and (I forgot the guys name) named The David Martinez drink at the Afterlife. I'm assuming they're the ones that did it.

Your thoughts could be a bit more cohesive, I'm not sure I fully understand what you're saying.

One of your claims are about relationships not being fleshed out but this is a series not a video game. Character development typically takes place over several seasons not 1.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a big fan of this anime. It only resembles the game in name only which doesn't interest me but if it's something that interests you then I wouldn't try to measure it against the game.

It seems to be the goal and you either get it right or end up agreeing with me about 'character development' (involves relationships). I said and I keep saying it, pure glitter but it ends up being a very poorly made glitter because the concept behind it is, in my view, very, very bad (I wrote about it in the first post and made fun of it as 'shoot, shoot, shoot, guns, guns, guns').

But I'll see the rest of the chapters, I stopped halfway through two (I couldn't stand it...). Who knows, it gets better. There are good scenes, which try to illustrate the 'mourning', for example, but they are also - in my opinion - poorly constructed.

The impression I have is that everything that refers to Cyberpunk 2077 is related to 'making it fast', even condemning the entire structure, be it the game, anime, whatever... this is the conception that comes, also in my view , killing a good idea.

Last edited:
Where in the game does that match Rogue's personality? This looks nothing like the game, which is totally fine but as far as "tie ins" this may as well be a different place. The tone is completely different and this has the expected Shonen tropes that the game does not.

It looks IDENTICAL to the game up to the point it was distracting.

I hope we bump into Lucy in the expansion or a future game. That would be awesome! :)
Characters with a "four" letters name which also contain a "U" and end with a "Y", are inevitably awesome character :love:
(I can't use mods and maybe it's already available I don't know, but a "Lucy mod" to change V appearance would be so great ! or a "T-Bug to Lucy overhaul mod"^^)

This was a nice surprise. Based to the trailers I was expecting something forgettable but decided to give it a go anyway and this turned out to be something unexpected.

I'm not any sort of expert what comes to anime. I watched Ghost in the Shell (movies) and SAC series. There was something called Armitage? Cowboy Bebob and some titles I don't remember what they were.

I'm also totally unable to be even remotely objective as I really liked how the Night City was there, like in game. I couldn't think they would go through that efforts. Lot's of other details, you could tell what weapons, cyberware and quichacks were used most of time I think. Hacking screen appearing like in game. Cameo's like Wakako and so on.

Most important thing is what happens in that set and I liked how characters and their story really felt like like it belonged in Night City. How everybody is screwing everyone, how Edgerunners come to be, how they live, how they die and I really appreciate how story shows appealing side of that life, yet doesn't shy away from showing negatives, it doesn't romanticize that. Something that I really appreciated in the game too and I see cyberware and cyberpsychosis having also allegorical extent there.

Faraday was another highlight as he presents something that edgerunners should always be aware of and game sort of hints that, only fixer in city with more or less integrity left being Rogue. Also, illustrates why one of the reasons why "progress with fixer" mechanic introduced to game in 1.5 patch is just disgusting for me LOL.

Something that goes from beginning to end, is how people how for the better. David's mother tries to build better life for her son, yet we see in a show how behind the walls of those clean glass towers they are just fucked up anthills everybody trying to get a head and put blame on someone else when they fail.

Delivers on the cyberpunk beyond the title, IMO absolutely.

Top Bottom