Cyberpunk Edgerunners Netflix Show !Spoilers!

+
That's the thing with Triggers work. I don't think it suits every type of story. The themes explored in CP2077 require nuance and Trigger is just over the top, exaggerated movements that are almost comical and of course Fan Service. It just doesn't fit and it feels like they changed the tone of the story to fit their vision.
For me so far im not that against the story but its kinda easy too figure out whats going too happend. Also sometimes the emotional mood feels off or just skipped. It has plenty of tropes but i kinda figured that would happend. I would have loved too see another studios take on it, especially a non action based one or atleast with less focus on it. Explore more of the philosofical side of CP. Perhaps theres already too much of that in other cyberpunkish series/movies..

After watching the anime, the only thing I could do was cry. Of course, after the story in the game itself, it was clear that the anime could not end well. Night City is a place where few people survive trying to get to the top... Rebecca... GIVE her a fu**ing AFTERLIFE COCKTAIL...

For me so far im not that against the story but its kinda easy too figure out whats going too happend. Also sometimes the emotional mood feels off or just skipped. It has plenty of tropes but i kinda figured that would happend. I would have loved too see another studios take on it, especially a non action based one or atleast with less focus on it. Explore more of the philosofical side of CP. Perhaps theres already too much of that in other cyberpunkish series/movies..
Could be but there's a reason those anime have such a strong presence in pop culture. I guess it depends on what Netflix hopes to achieve. Even though it has some good anime, they mostly just have distribution rights. it doesn't yet have anything that they can point to and say that's a masterpiece they produced. I'm not counting Love Death and Robots since that's an anthology.

Considering the talent they have from LDR, any one of those studios would have been preferable to Trigger. Although I guess that was mostly up to CDPR. All the more surprising if they saw the success of LDR and decided to go with Trigger. My guess would be the cost. Triggers animation style allows them to keep budget to a minimum. It's why certain scenes look great but others feel like jump cuts, there isn't a smooth frame by frame transition or fluidity. It allows them to complete projects cheaply and quickly.

I cried with the death of Rebecca, it was my favorite 😭 I want a dlc or mission where they reveal that she is not dead 😖
The endings were hard all round. That's what I love about dystopia and many cyberpunk tales, no happy endings. Just flashes of brilliance that come to pass. Like tears in the rain

After watching the anime, the only thing I could do was cry. Of course, after the story in the game itself, it was clear that the anime could not end well. Night City is a place where few people survive trying to get to the top... Rebecca... GIVE her a fu**ing AFTERLIFE COCKTAIL...

I actually like how they laid the seeds of the ending from the beginning and did very well throughout making it clear David aggressively does not want a future. He makes no plans whatsoever to ever leave the Edgerunner life even after numerous horrifying warnings of the consequences and when he has the money to do so, tries to lure Lucy back into it after she's seemingly out.

He has no dreams and when he becomes a murderer of an innocent, doesn't want to.

This plus cyberpsychosis being established and his refusal to remove any of his mods means the audience is not remotely unprepared.

I actually like how they laid the seeds of the ending from the beginning and did very well throughout making it clear David aggressively does not want a future. He makes no plans whatsoever to ever leave the Edgerunner life even after numerous horrifying warnings of the consequences and when he has the money to do so, tries to lure Lucy back into it after she's seemingly out.

He has no dreams and when he becomes a murderer of an innocent, doesn't want to.

This plus cyberpsychosis being established and his refusal to remove any of his mods means the audience is not remotely unprepared.
I have my little pet theory on the protagonist. To me David is basically a golem from Jewish mythology. He has, as you point out, no dreams or aspirations of his own. He even has the spell on a piece of paper which is put into the golem to revive it. In David's case that's the sandevistan. David's a tool which is used to fulfill other people's dreams. His mother's, Arasaka's, and Lucy's. So he is also a jinn from Arabic/Islamic myths and theology. His mother got her wish granted in a perverse way, David did climb to the top of Arasaka tower. Arasaka also got their wish granted. And finally Lucy went to the moon. David fulfilled the three wishes and was free to go.

Also, what speaks for David being a jinn, are the myths of possession from the Middle East. The jinn can possess a person who is emotionally distraught, tired of life, depressed. David was all that. So if you wanted to go deeper, you can also treat the cyberpsychosis as a form of jinn possessing David. That's a completely different angle of attack here. Anyway... You can reach deep in this story, while, at the same time, it is simple and obvious.

I really had fun watching the whole anime, most fun I had in probably five or more years, when it comes to a piece of television. That's why all the theories and speculations. I usually watch and forget the moment I turn to do something else. I really wish they would make more seasons. The potential is all there. They can go back in time. Or even do a season set right in the middle of the CP2077 plot, where the anime protagonists would hear about V, as this badass merc running around. Ah the things that could be... Who's going to fund it all, cause I'm broke?

I cried with the death of Rebecca, it was my favorite 😭 I want a dlc or mission where they reveal that she is not dead 😖
Rebecca's gonna be remembered :howdy:

Damn I hate this show, I hate it so much. Amazing animation, amazing sound track, amazing lighting, great world building, good characters, good story, overall, amazing show and for that, I hate it. It was too good, it made me feel things I did not want to feel and yearn to visit Night City.
Visit Night City I did, after two years of sitting on the fence, waiting for bugs to be fixed.... I am really enjoying my first run with this game, it is everything I wanted it to be and each time "I Really Want to Stay at Your House" comes up on the radio I stop with a heavy heart and listen until the song is over. I swear, if the radio host interupts this song one more time, I WILL FIND THAT BASTARD AND FLATLINE HIM.

Last edited:
Either Rebecca or Lucy was the person messaging V about David during the Quest. Also who would have David's jacket to give to Reyes for V? I believe Lucy is still on the Moon and Rebecca survived. Rebecca will come looking for V and collect Guts and be your mini sidekick blasting badies =)

Either Rebecca or Lucy was the person messaging V about David during the Quest. Also who would have David's jacket to give to Reyes for V? I believe Lucy is still on the Moon and Rebecca survived. Rebecca will come looking for V and collect Guts and be your mini sidekick blasting badies =)
As far as I remember, it's Falco who message V and give the jacket to El Capitan.

Best regards from Smasher's fanclub.

Liked the anime a lot. Waiting for new title with CP2077. The story was really good. Art, music. Great anime.

Attachments

• Adam-Smasher-Cyberpunk-2077-Игры-6497256.jpg
    Adam-Smasher-Cyberpunk-2077-Игры-6497256.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 32
Best regards from Smasher's fanclub.

Liked the anime a lot. Waiting for new title with CP2077. The story was really good. Art, music. Great anime.
Awesome anime indeed, enjoyed it quite a bit. I sometimes ask myself if I like it even more than Arcane.

But I f*cking hate Adam Smasher, sorry. He's to the world of Cyberpunk what Ted Faro is to Horizon, or Ser Crispin to House of the Dragon.

Awesome anime indeed, enjoyed it quite a bit. I sometimes ask myself if I like it even more than Arcane.

But I f*cking hate Adam Smasher, sorry. He's to the world of Cyberpunk what Ted Faro is to Horizon, or Ser Crispin to House of the Dragon.

He's Arasaka's version of Darth Vader.

Adam Smasher is a classic Chaotic Evil villain. He had his own path that made him what he is. Arasaka made him their dog on a leash. So when you face Arasaka - you have to deal with Smasher. Sooner or later. I like his design. His will to fight. And yeah, I also hate him for what kind of guy he is. He's a violent monster. Stylish tho.

I liked that they actually threw some subtle jokes about the game in the anime. Not sure if you guys caught it or not

One of them was when cops started showing up at the apartment and one of them said '' It's like they appear out of thin air '' like the bug in game where police spawned right behind you. xD and the part where David first got to drive a car and it looked like the driving which was much more horrible when the game launched so he was driving in all the lanes and smashing into everything.

I really hope CDPR will add Lucy to the next expansion. If it's true that V will go to the moon!

Considering how easy it was to kill Adam Smasher on Very Hard in the game. I am very disappointed in the ending of Edgerunners anime. I was able to two shot Adam Smusher. One shot to 55% second shot to 25% and then ended him at the 5%. There is no way that group would have died because of that Choom.

Top Bottom