Cyberpunk endings removes Replay Value for me.

+
I don't. Simply for one reason. The whole soul aspect. If it was real. Ghosts would be documented and video taped proving it. Hasn't happened, doesn't exist. What? is there some universal code that prohibited ghosts from interacting with living people. What about alien planets. They would also have that ability. And they would fly around and show themselves by chance. There would be races that would see a ghost/soul as a powerful element.

Engram is just a digital version of the person. Do you also consider a movie not a movie. If it's in a MP4 file, and not on film? You can be copied, yes. Proof from Saburo's actions in the Hanako ending. What about the people who said they lost their soul when photos where first invented? People should be dead by the amount of cameras endlessly recording you everywhere. You're just moved around to another brain. Do you lose your soul the moment a fake body part is added on? Why is the brain the only factor in deciding this? Do you lose your soul. If you brain is transplanted into another body? I'm open to the argument. But you must be consistent with all these aspects from past and present.

I never talked about soul anywhere.
Fact is that a physically stored data cannot be moved.
Then, there is the possibility of a copy, but the copy is still only a copy and doesn't replace the original (Just the same as if you were going back in time just a second ago and kill your past self you would still be committing a murderer even if in essence you could just replace your past self).

But Official Guide is being wrote under supervision of story writers so this is how this ending stands right now - for V is meant to be Hell, with no way out.

Any “finding new body” should be considered as a retcon of this ending than planned continuation.

I disagree....as I see it, they have very good reason to find/make V a new body. After all, V did beat Adam Smasher and proven themselves stronger....they are just too useful a tool not to use. The body is very likely going to come with a lot of strings attached (so Arasaka can control you) ofcourse but....:)

I really enjoyed Cyberpunk, but now I don't want to replay it because all of the endings are lose-lose. Seriously CD Project Red... wtf were you thinking?

Maybe they have big plans for the future - miraculously saving your life despite all odds, returning to exact revenge upon Arasaka stuff like that. Lose ends mean possible new beginnings. Then again, considering all of CDPR's hardships we may never see any continuation of the story whatsoever. The only thing that will remain is this bitter taste in our mouths...

Theres a difference between not having a sappy and having David Lynch style of ending ;)

I`m more than OK with V dying, but storywise it just cant be accepted by wide range of people if they go through all of that just to find out that there is no cure, but mayde there is, but you will die in 6 months, but you have one last mission in space which you will take because it might open some door. Its they wanted cliffhanger for future DLC than its fine - although with 7 different endings they made it quite challenging to find out a wise way to continue story at one common point without removing few of them. If they decided to really end it like that than go for personal vendetta, blow up Arasaka tower once again, die as a legend and not waste 6 months of your life as a fixer. For what really?

I think for the end, we are at 50% of the game that will be filled with DLC. But it's going to be long.

Top Bottom