Cyberpunk Fried my card

+
The fan is designed that way it is a corsair rgb fan so would be pointless upside down. There are 2 vents the top and the back of the psu. So it draws from the top and blows out the back. Upside down is pointless as its basically drawing air from your carpet to blow it out the back. The old psu was around 5 years old and was on its last legs. Temp inside case are around 35c now with the new psu, CPU around 53 during gaming and around 70c on the graphics card. I did have water cooling on my old cpu but the wraith cooler that comes with the new amd cpu was actually better than the water cooling at keeping temps down, also it helps keep the gpu cooler as it blows air around components as well as the cpu which a rear fan water cooler wont.

Last edited:
Depends on the chassi design. Ive never hade any problems with a psu dying tho so not sure how much differance it makes. I do tend too buy fairly expencive ones that are overkill so i dont have too run them hard.

Ok specs are Gigabyte AORUS B550 Pro motherboard, Corsair vengeance RGB 3200mhz 32gb ram, Ryzen 7 3700x, Corsair CX750 PSU, Nvidia rtx 2060, Corsair icue 220t case.
Post automatically merged:

My case does not have a vent at the bottom so the psu fan needs to point up so it will pull the warm air out the case and exhaust it at the back.
Also the more airtight a case is the better the air flow. Imagine a vacuum cleaner with a hole in the pipe, it would not be effective. Most cases are full of gaps and vent holes making directional airflow from the front to back less than optimal. Only case I had about 15 years ago was like that. It was an Artic cooler case. No vents except for front and back fan, full metal covers covering expansion ports, you where lucky if the thing went over 40c at full load.

Last edited:
20210720_133157.jpg

Top Bottom