Cyberpunk getting better?

+

Guest 4564903

I suppose a lot of things are subjective and it depends on what one expected and when one picked it up, personally I think the game is awesome, the gun play is above average for a shooter let alone an RPG, the skill tress have huge scope, the story and characters are fantastic, Night City is the best and most detailed city in any open world game ever, the cars are insane, the cyberwear is amazing and the hacking is such fun to name but a few fantastic things about this game.

However I got it for less than retail price, never believed what a large company said just to get our money, picked it up after patch 1.20, have modded it heavily from day one and am lucky enough to be able to play it on a high end rig.

For me its one of the best games I have played and I could not be happier, but I completely understand why so many are upset and disappointed and feel the game is going nowhere, its sad as it could have been awesome fun for all and all it needed was more time, a real pity.

With each update since I got the game I feel the problems are going away and hopefully that will continue.

Guest 4564903

I have a ps4 pro and mine is getting worse with each patch.
I am looking at getting a decent pc to get the pc version and mods.
If it does get better I believe it will be up to modders .I don't have faith CDPR can ever get it fixed for last gen consoles.

Your right there, it is up to modders and they have already added so much, I think when you do get a PC and mod the game you will be happy.

CDPR should have never released it on 8th gen, it will never truly work.

They're still struggling to deal with bugs, and then there's the whole PS store situation.

My outlook on the game is actually more negative now than it was when I was in the thick of my playthrough. I was enjoying the gunplay and planning what builds I wanted to do in subsequent playthroughs. Now that I've seen everything the game has to offer, combined with the persistence of various QoL issues, I've kind of soured towards the experience and have no current plans to play further. The deciding factor was the apparent reduction in stability after the latest patch, at which point I lost all interest.

Now, I'm waiting to see where patching and DLC take the game. I have zero expectations.

I haven't played since January, waiting for dlc. I hope it gets better, but I doubt it. Maybe once the Wolvenkit is completed modders will go wild on this game.

I have a ps4 pro and mine is getting worse with each patch.
I am looking at getting a decent pc to get the pc version and mods.
If it does get better I believe it will be up to modders .I don't have faith CDPR can ever get it fixed for last gen consoles.
For me its more the opposite. It runs better on my base PS4 than on my pc. On pc I have everything set to medium, but it tasks my pc to the point where I can hardly have a yt vid play on my second screen. Not even a game like SC2 (which for those who know is also demanding) has those issues. Also, and may be more a personal thing: I actually do not like that the game does not minimize.

And on my ps4 it runs quite smooth.
Only some of the 'standard' glitches like stuff not being pick-upable, the occasional translucent wall traveling. I even havent seen cars or motorcycle heavenly gifts anymore.
In conclusion, I prefer playing the game on ps4 by quite a margin really

I think it's definitely gotten better; crashes have been drastically reduced and is definitely playable, though bugs still exist.

Bought my copy on release day on PS4 (Slim w/SSD), I have finished six full playthroughs, three of those were with the creaky original 5400RPM HDD.

I also got Cyberpunk within the first month after the release and, again, I also confirm that it's getting better step by step. Of course it has a great bunch of things to fix, but I have a great time whenever I turn it on, especially after every actualization.

(PC player btw)

GD2X

Forum regular
I think it's getting better, but can we class bug fixes as getting better? To me, it implies new features and gameplay.

I think the game is playable in the FPS part, even with bugs.
The problem is everything else apart from combat.
The city is beautifull but boring, with no fun activities.

From the patch side, I don't think they truly can adjust the major problems with this game.
Yeah you can still like the game in general, but i think there's no excuse for Police system and AI.

Unfortunately for me on PC it is getting worse. My first play thru on the very first patch went GREAT!
Absolutely NO game stopping bugs and no Quest glitch's that prevent me from finishing them. Finished level 50 with 50 street cred and all the perks I wanted. Then continued to play for another 80 or so hours after that. But the last 50 or so hours have not been as smooth...

Now with each patch the game is starting to crash more and I see a lot more pop in pedestrians. :(

I saved all the the game files at the first patch. As I knew from experience this could happen. But that is not going to work with DLC

Not defending CP2077, because I think that CDPR over-implied (see how I didn't use the word "promise") and under-delivered.

However, the trilogy also was not without its controversies back when it was new. I loved it when it came out, am playing it again now and still love it, but it has its issues.

I remember the early vision they sold of landing on and exploring dozens of fascinating worlds. When the game shipped, what we got was the Mako and ice skating around on the same empty worlds and completely illogical landscape. And then we got dark energy in the second game, that came out of nowhere, and ended up going nowhere, in terms of the story. And then there was the ending to the third game.

It's kinda gotten worse for me. I played through with grfx bugs. I barely experianced any of the bugs in the first patch. In later patches, i had problems with gigs and sidequests that work before. In my current save, I have two gigs that are still active even through I killed the targets and a lot more crashes.

I did enjoyed the game, hated the endings but most of all the game I bought (pre-order) was not the game I got.

If I knew about the endings, I wouldn't have pre-order or got it day 1. That's not the type of game I like or want to play

Still have CP installed because its pretty big and takes long to reinstall in case i am in the mood for it. Last played it on january the 24. because after 400 hours i dont see much else to do in the game. Still it was a long awaited game and i somehow feel i should keep it ready.. but when i think about i am not sure for what. Perhaps its really over, perhaps i should have played it less in its early days to profit more from the bugfixes and all. *shrugs*

Its a bit sad.

Top Bottom