Cyberpunk getting better?

+
Even if some things are getting better, one thing can't: The writing. I started playing Mass Effect 1 just last week and even if it's a 14-year-old game, I was still surprised, how well the writing holds up and the story comes together.
Funny enough, when I played ME1 for the first time in 2008, I already had played Witcher 1 in 2007 and was very surprised about its great story – Mass Effect 1 disappointed me then a little bit.

Now I'm playing it again and comparing its writing to the vastly inferior Cyberpunk 2077... Times change.

Ironically, on release, the game worked fine for me. Played 180 hours. Now it seems, the PC version is being 'consolized' in a way. It plays worse than before on the same setup (3070). To me, the game is dead. Tried another life path, after realizing its the exact same game, I gave up.

"CYBERPUNK GETTING BETTER?"

Think it's still too early to say. The repair process is going at a very slow pace, to say at best. Guessing that all the issues pose a great deal of a challenge as new issues seemingly are very likely to pop up, the moment they are tempered with, as that's exactly what happened in the past a couple of times, the way it looks. Also, solutions to 1 problem may very well mean an issue for another. So, pretty sure very careful consideration by the team is required at all times how to best tackle any one issue the game is suffering from.

This is just the game signalling to me as to maybe why things are going the way they are going.

For myself, every main job, side job, and gig, works as intended. Did the NCPD hustles only once, for the achievements back in March. Back then, all of them were working as intended. With patch 1.2, the traffic turned for the worse the next day. Practically all cars would come to a stop at random, all over the place, throughout the city. Been like that since. It felt at first that traffic received optimizations, but that those stopped working shortly after.

For the rest the game plays well. In the case you're experiencing problems playing consider this; Since the game apparently was never optimized to play on your system, try optimizing your system so, that it can play the game.

Very subjective. Personally since 1.2 the game is much more playable. Bugs still distract every now and again, but I've enjoyed over 150 hours - to me that is a great return on investment.

I try to ask myself I had been on the team which built it, would I be proud? The answer is yes. OK sure, it is flawed but also has moments of unrivalled brilliance.

400 hrs, it's not too bad for a game :(
In many games (obviously except multiplayer games), it don't need even 100hrs to have the same feeling... (see much, much less) :)
Actually 400 hours is pretty weak for an open world game, at least for me. Even in some non open world games I have more then 400 hours. I have less then 200 hours in Cyberpunk and just don't desire to play it anymore. I'm hoping dlc will make it better though.

Actually 400 hours is pretty weak for an open world game, at least for me. Even in some non open world games I have more then 400 hours. I have less then 200 hours in Cyberpunk and just don't desire to play it anymore. I'm hoping dlc will make it better though.
Well when all quests are done and all crimescenes are settled all you can do is cycle through the respawning gangers in the different zones to grind loot and exp. The game offers nothing to spend time into aside of quests and fighting. Fallout 4 had the settlement thing for example so its not to difficult to reach 1000h+ in that game, even the old Kotor games had the Pazak cardgame to waste time. The only thing you can do in CP aside of questing and fighting is to go afk lol.

Oh and i am not really sure if one should call this game an open world game. First and foremost its only an "open city" but even that is wrong with so many buildings being inaccessable.

We can only hope that CDPR has more in the backhand than only bugfixing and some clothing and weapon dlcs.

Certain aspects of cyberpunk simply can't be improved. Life paths being an example. One would have to rewrite the entire story, basically the entire game to create genuinely different life paths. They're just not doing it, period. Many bugs were fixed, that is sure. What's not so assuring is simple fixes that the community is begging for, which don't get implemented. Minimap as an example. One can argue whether the release was a flop or not, but the majority of us should agree it wasn't what it was supposed to be. And the mere fact they didn't give us the minimap zoom fix almost 6 months in isn't very promising. I genuinely hope for 1.3 to show signs of CDPR listening to us. I don't view bugfixes as a sign of cooperation. Those are the bare minimum. Up to 1.22 the only thing I view as an actual improvement is vehicle control improvements on keyboard. The police "improvement" is a sad excuse of willingness to cooperate in my opinion.
Anything else is just a fix for something that unfortunately had to be fixed. You fix what you broke in the first place.
If 1.3 doesn't get us the minimap fixed, police AI improved or traffic AI improvements I think it will be safe to say that nobody up there is willing to give us what we deserve. They advertised anything beyond 1.2 as bigger updates. Don't disappoint me CDPR, please.

I tend to over-level areas and the level power curve is excessively steep trivializing combat. One of my biggest hopes for the next patch is that the base game is improved with a focus on re-balancing the crappy balance of just about every aspect of the game.

Kind of subjective...

I think CP2077 is getting better in terms of bugs and stability, but gameplay and content wise.... a massive NO.

Stealth gameplay pointless, life path choices limited to the point that CDPR changed the description from Role-Playing to Action-adventure, and missing all the RPG elements they once advertised on demo and trailers, and so on.......

EDIT: I really don't understand why people saying this is one of the best game they have ever played, I think this is the first ever RPG game they have ever played. No offence though... Glad you guys enjoyed it.

Stealth gameplay pointless
Pointless in what sense ? (because you always can do it without stealth ?)
EDIT: I really don't understand why people saying this is one of the best game they have ever played, I think this is the first ever RPG game they have ever played. No offence though... Glad you guys enjoyed it.
I'm in this case, but sorry, it's not the first at all (well I think that for more than 20 years, I played a few) :)

I don't think it is.
What's sad is I would rather pay for and play a 10+ year old trilogy then cyberpunk. I was really wanting it to be good, but like they say "Want in one hand"

Depends how you look at it. It hasn't been getting better as much as trying to achieve the state it was supposed to be at launch (evidenced that nearly every update has been just bug fixes)

Meanwhile, after six months, CP2077 is still not on playstation store.

Meanwhile, I still get bugs on PC.
Here is an annoying one from a week back: I was supposed to carry the body of an unconscious netrunner to the car waiting outside: if I jumped down from 2 floor with the body on my shoulders, the body would get stuck, levitate in open air in standing position and obviously not complete the mission.
Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2021.05.18 - 13.02.29.39.png

Also
Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2021.05.18 - 11.51.43.07.pngCyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2021.05.18 - 11.33.33.44.png

And my complaints about the game has never really been about bugs, but game design decisions.

Last edited:
In my opinion, Cyberpunk 2077 is a great idea, perhaps one of the greatest of the recent years, that due the hurries waslaunched in a mid-term. We know this because the story and its concept is exceptionally well done, but when it comes about the development of them and the gameplay... That's where the hurries show their effect.

But not everything is negative. It's obvious that there's still a looooong way to go, but if CDPR mantains a good link with the players and listen to their ideas and suggestions (and also bug reports and errors of all kind), together we could build an amazing game. Perhaps even better that the one initially thought!

I play on ps5 and I've played since day 1..I find that the game isn't getting any better or any worse..it seems like its just not going anywhere..its still empty..boring lifeless city with not much to do..and we've complained so much and expressed our feelings about the game and to us what would make the game better...and still nothing..I personally am giving up on the game..especially with new and exciting games coming out..they put the last nail in the coffin of this game.

Well,better you mean without bugs?Becouse aside from that,there is nothing new in the game...and the patchs are coming at a slow rate...with so many games coming what do they have to make me go back and replay the game again?Nothing...after compliting the main story amd sidequests there is nothing to do in the world...it gets boring after a while...we need new stuff...

It's playable now on PC and getting better with mods of your liking, but there are definately still some visual glitches from time to time (though much less than at launch).

On console I don't think it is much different than at launch though because you can't customize the gameplay through mods to address what makes gameplay bland.

On PC for instance, at least with mods now you can: 1.) configure and add a variety of appearance/ clothing options for your character, 2.) get mods that at least "fix" the difficulty somewhat to make fights feel more deliberate and minimize power creep, which a big reason game feels short - you annahilate everything in the base game at some point without thinking, combats are shorter as a result and less impactful 3.) there are a few mods that also add gameplay and visual elements to environment - car theft, police chases, weather changes and world cosmetics customization.

The story and writing is as it is - can't change that, but there are ways through mods to at least make gameplay feel more immersive and slow the pace down through harder combat which does at least a fine job of making the scope of the game and the journey more epic.

No its definitely not getting any better..I play Cyberpunk on ps5 and it looks so terrible compared to lots of ps4 games..graphically I think the have lowered the graphics since day one..they are getting worse..I started playing Rise of the Tombraider and the graphics of that game are far superior to Cyberpunk..so this game isn't getting better..its getting worse..im so close on giving up on this ps3 looking game..

I don't think it is.
What's sad is I would rather pay for and play a 10+ year old trilogy then cyberpunk. I was really wanting it to be good, but like they say "Want in one hand"
Nope, not on XB1 anyway. And if you're referring to ME there, I bought that also... and enjoying the hell out of it too. Money actually well spent. Playing ESO more again now, and Skyrim too. I'm only looking on here now to see if an update has dropped - though I suppose I don't need to since it would just show on the update screen on my XB.

Top Bottom