Cyberpunk...Heck yes! (Meet and Greet)

+
I also heard this game might possibly be PC only. I currently don't have a rig, maybe someone can point me in the right direction.

I'd be more then a little amazed if it was PC only as that automatically cuts their potential sales by probably 50-75%.
While no console is a match for a good PC they've come a long, long, long way in the last few years and are about on par with a slightly sub-standard PC (i.e. one that's say 5 years old).

might be smart to hold off on buying an expensive graphic card (which seems to be the part that ages the fastest) until closer to release so that you can get more bang for your buck and not risk having a frame rate unacceptable to you when it finally comes out.

Of course, completely disregard that if you're looking to play other games in the meantime.

This..this was all solid advice.

The fuck?

Is this some kind of trap, Tutu? What ARE YOU UP TO?!

The important thing to remember is that 2077 is still probably quite a ways off and technology moves fast, so if you're buying primarily for that one game it might be smart to hold off on buying an expensive graphic card (which seems to be the part that ages the fastest) until closer to release so that you can get more bang for your buck and not risk having a frame rate unacceptable to you when it finally comes out.

Of course, completely disregard that if you're looking to play other games in the meantime.

Sound advice, that definitely crossed my mind. The only PC game that I'd like to play in the meantime is Pillars of Eternity, and of course revisit Deus Ex.

Greetings all... Kind of late to the party but I just found out about this game (after peeking out from under my rock I suppose)... Only played the P&P version of Cyberpunk a few times back in the early 90's. I liked it a lot at the time and preferred it to Shadow Run because it was Technology focused as opposed to mixing Magic and Tech--I like my Sci-Fi to be "Pure" in that sense.

Regardless, I am now very interested to see how development goes on this project and look forward to hearing more about it.

Oh, and Happy Holidays folks...

maj!

Hi everyone!
I've been lurking for some time here, time for my first post.
Eons ago i've spend some time (ehm...almost 3 years) playing pen and paper cyberpunk 2020, alongside advanced D&D and ars magica rpg withmy friends.
Then advanced d&d was replaced by 3rd edition, and since i didn't really like the new mechanics, the commitment faded.
Must say, I liked better cyberpunk, due to the more obscure feeling of the overall background.
I'm not an obsessive gamer, and i tend to choose games that are more focused on storytelling and role play.

Played tw, tw2, tw3 after the books, and i'm impressed with the job done so i I trust cdproject to make an even better job with cyberpunk!

See you in here guys.

Greetings STata, I'm awfully new around here to be welcoming anybody, but Hey... I'm a friendly sort.

...Wait ... the game's not going to be a PvP Shooter (we hope to hell) ...

Do we know if it's even going to be Multiplayer yet?

If done well I could see some interesting potential for PvP as one of several game-types, but since it's advertised very specifically as RPG I'd hope the game focuses on Story AND Exploration. Ideally in groups, but RPGs do seem to get watered down when they go Multiplayer. Still being able to RP with a group would be fantastic. Again, if done well.

No clue on multiplayer.

I'd suspect maybe later with a DLC or independent supplement but doubtful from the beginning.
Get the game working well THEN add multiplayer, don't include crappy multiplayer from the start. That would hurt CDPR and their sales in the long run FAR more then not having it in the first place. Just look at how many games have shot themselves in the foot with bad multiplayer that eventually became reasonable, but by then the games reputation was such almost no one bought it.

Last edited:
No. Nono. No! CDPR doesn't do multiplayer and I hope they don't start now. When the trailer first came out and all the people who had never played the PnP flooded the forum and begged CDPR to make it a PvP shooter I just about cried.

I'm just hoping to hell the character is more then a 3D model to hold the weapon the player controls.
I really want character skills to matter not player ones.
It is suppose to be an RPG after all.

Greeting! I have arrived in the midst of your CPs Parties.
Yeah it going to be wild and danger in the street of Cyberpunk 2077, Night City.
Bring what you going to need, the essential, foods, armors/shield, weapons and your specials along with what you want.
Looting into question? I believe that is to be in PvP only, best answer in mind. Also the dead ONLY loose on person equipment there like food, everyday item. Otherwise Combat Zone is dangerous for unfortunate def endless people? Does this sound fair? Hording everything from dead players in Combat zone will alway 100% end with eventual death by either the Army or Hitmans(get paid well, in currency of the items the target has hijacked). CD-PROJEKT RED! I hope you are doing great! Look forward CYBERPUNK 2077!

I like idea of CP77. Played Shadowrun games, and Deus Ex. That was some good stuff.
We never really got CP open world game.
Maybe SF is not even popular in crpg games at all, mostly fantasy or apocalypse. To some degree any form of hard SF is higher bar to get into.
But here is a thing, as time passes, and considering CPR development time (ha-ha) the present is near future.
So keep up good work.

So many people supporting the game so far, I love it! When I first saw the trailer it reminded of an odd mix of Ghost in the Shell and Bladerunner with a bit of Total Recall mixed in. I still go back and watch it semi-regularly, I'm really excited for this one!

In regards to folks commenting on multi-player, as I said elsewhere, I'm not a fan of PvP content but I would most definitely welcome the potential for co-op. However, in most games I am the most happy when I can play in my own way and on my own time schedule so I don't have to worry about what other people achieve or obtain impacting my ability to fully enjoy the game.

Been gone for a little while but its good to be back.

Anyways first CP game I've truly played was Deus Ex HR. Kinda okay but after that my quench for Cyberpunk was getting there.

After that I played the original Deus Ex, System Shock 1 and 2, neocron, Shadow Run,etc

I fucking love Blade Runner and the other cyberpunk movies as well (though a lot of time some of those movies really don't have much cyberware in em)

I discovered CP2077 and technically my exposure to CDPR. I saw it, and I was like HELL YEAH THIS WOULD BE A GREAT VIDEO GAME! And a lot of people agreed.

I don't really have a gaming PC atm but once I do I would love to group up with you guys if the multiplayer/co-op is good.

Really depends how it's implemented.
If it's co-op I'm more then willing, if it's competitive PvP I'm not really interested.

Suhiira;n9207001 said:
Really depends how it's implemented.
If it's co-op I'm more then willing, if it's competitive PvP I'm not really interested.

Agreed. Especially in an RPG game.

Top Bottom