Cyberpunk...Heck yes! (Meet and Greet)

+
Claylex;n9206221 said:
Been gone for a little while but its good to be back.

I was already wondering where did all the famous "ClaylexPoints" disappeared from the forums. Mystery solved!

Sunsibar;n9211971 said:
I was already wondering where did all the famous "ClaylexPoints" disappeared from the forums. Mystery solved!

Yeah my shitty PC kinda died and than was on my phone 24/7. I'm using a surface pro atm but I will be getting a good gaming PC hopefully before the year ends.xD

I'm New to the Genre I think. I played Deus Ex games in early 2000's and remember syndicate for Amiga.

Is this What cyber punk is about?

Im guessing new Blade runner and ghost in the Shell would be good watching to prime me for CyberPunk.

I play Pathfinder 3.5 RPG what similar games do you recommend to get me up to speed or even pc titles that grip the mind rain of CyberPunk?

Cyberpunk is really in a class by itself.

Major things to keep in mind (all subject to how CDPR implements the PnP game on PC/console)::
More-or-less classless system. With a tiny number of exceptions any character can have any skill.
Realistic combat, bullets HURT, no health regen or other such nonsense.
Cyberware tends to augment (i.e. add night vision) existing abilities and skills not add new ones (a gun cyberarm doesn't make you Annie Oakley).

Well, I don't know if this is the right place for this, but here goes: I first got caught up in the madness that is Cyberpunk in the late 80's-early 90's with the pen and paper game... ( I was a long time gamer stationed in Germany with the Army and one of my Army buddies turned me on to the Cyberpunk game.)... The video game stuff didn't come until a little later on. (And yes folks, I AM that freeking old!) I still run a fairly active C.P 2020 game with a few guys, but am looking forward to the CDPR release with bated breath...Just like everyone else...I KNOW.... My first character? A nomad called "Iron" Mike Greerson (Later known in that "campaign" as "The Vagabond Messiah." Long story of how the character EARNED that label, but again I digress.

RLKing1969;n9321271 said:
Well, I don't know if this is the right place for this, but here goes: I first got caught up in the madness that is Cyberpunk in the late 80's-early 90's with the pen and paper game... ( I was a long time gamer stationed in Germany with the Army and one of my Army buddies turned me on to the Cyberpunk game.)... The video game stuff didn't come until a little later on. (And yes folks, I AM that freeking old!) I still run a fairly active C.P 2020 game with a few guys, but am looking forward to the CDPR release with bated breath...Just like everyone else...I KNOW.... My first character? A nomad called "Iron" Mike Greerson (Later known in that "campaign" as "The Vagabond Messiah." Long story of how the character EARNED that label, but again I digress.
Pffttttt ... you're not old unless you started doing RPGs with the three booklet boxed D&D set and bought a copies of "Chainmail" and "Gods, Demigods. and Heros" to go along with it.

Suhiira;n9324031 said:
Pffttttt ... you're not old unless you started doing RPGs with the three booklet boxed D&D set and bought a copies of "Chainmail" and "Gods, Demigods. and Heros" to go along with it.

Darn kids, I remember when you had to carve your own dice from bits of old bone. Why's it always so cold on this board? Where's my slippers?!

I'm SOOOO looking foward to Cyberpunk 2077. Going to preorder the moment I can to support such amazing developers!

Top Bottom