Cyberpunk in numbers

+
It's a shame to play this game for the main quest only, which is not even the best part of the game. The side quests offer more rewarding moments.
He did replay the game, clear the map and do all five endings after, I was just pointing out that an average of 45 hours could be quite a few people having completed the game.

I'm guessing most players are straight males, and their first 9and possibly only) run through the game is as a straight male. Their second run through is as a lesbian female. The default LE for 1 is pam, and 2 is judy..so I'd expect those numbers to correspond.

Players have spent a total of 600 million hours in the game so far. That's almost 70,000 years!

View attachment 11222183

And 1K hours on me alone....
Post automatically merged:

I'm guessing most players are straight males, and their first 9and possibly only) run through the game is as a straight male. Their second run through is as a lesbian female. The default LE for 1 is pam, and 2 is judy..so I'd expect those numbers to correspond.
Well, Judy being Judy, who doesn't start to get fuzzy feelings for CP2077's best waifu?

What's with that sort of attitude? Customers have legitimate complaints about a product they have purchased. This isn't a sports league, where your team has just won, sticking it to the opposition.
Sure they should have, but some people instead of watching bug compilations on Youtube, prefer to play games. Not all crticism is/was valid also. More than 40 hours per player is a lot tbh.

More than 40 hours per player is a lot tbh.
...but it is not. That is an average and gives a very false impression. A relatively small number of players who have played the game for extreme amounts of time will drag the "average" up. That is assuming, and it is likely, that a mean average is being used. These sort of numbers being bandied around without the information needed to put it in proper context are simply being used by CDPR to suit themselves.

...but it is not. That is an average and gives a very false impression. A relatively small number of players who have played the game for extreme amounts of time will drag the "average" up. That is assuming, and it is likely, that a mean average is being used. These sort of numbers being bandied around without the information needed to put it in proper context are simply being used by CDPR to suit themselves.
Sure. Thanks for explaining me...but CDPR informed about total amount of hours, didn't give info about avarge hours ingame per player. That's only speculation of users, because you have to speculate about sales.
Relatively small numbers of players can't drag it up too much. Let's say 100 k players are hardcores with 500 hours played (that's optimistic, very optimistic) and sales where 15 M on all platforms. Simple math tell you that 100 k hardcore players with 500 hours played can add around 3 hours (if I'm not wrong) to avarage time ingame per player. It's simple math.

Sure. Thanks for explaining me...but CDPR informed about total amount of hours, didn't give info about avarge hours ingame per player. That's only speculation of users, because you have to speculate about sales.
Relatively small numbers of players can't drag it up too much. Let's say 100 k players are hardcores with 500 hours played (that's optimistic, very optimistic) and sales where 15 M on all platforms. Simple math tell you that 100 k hardcore players with 500 hours played can add around 3 hours (if I'm not wrong) to avarage time ingame per player. It's simple math.
No, it's not. For a start, I'm in the UK, so it's maths. Second, you are again interpreting it in a way that suits you. A mean average can be very misleading due to extreme highs and lows and does not give a clear indication of the bulk of players' time in game in the same way that the official average income in the UK is considerably higher than the actual income of the majority of UK citizens. The numbers are presented in a way to sell a certain narrative and to obfuscate the reality.

Wait,but the game is a shallow,buggy,glitchy,unplayable mess with a short story and nothing else to do...how people dare to ignore the INTERNET and play that many hours?
You sir... Are objectively wrong! ! !

Also: holy snip! 600 million hours... In 6 months...

:)
@Draconifors now imagine your maths and add the consumption of an (alcoholic) beverage during a timespan of ~1,5 hours.

No, it's not. For a start, I'm in the UK, so it's maths. Second, you are again interpreting it in a way that suits you. A mean average can be very misleading due to extreme highs and lows and does not give a clear indication of the bulk of players' time in game in the same way that the official average income in the UK is considerably higher than the actual income of the majority of UK citizens. The numbers are presented in a way to sell a certain narrative and to obfuscate the reality.
Well, that's your interpretation.
I think I was clear my post was speculation.

I gave my example with every optimistic: 100 k players with 500 hours played and how it can influence avarge times ingame per player. Not really much. So...

Well, that's your interpretation.
I think I was clear my post was speculation.
Sorry, I could have been clearer, but I wasn't really questioning your post or your right to speculate, but trying to point out how CDPR have presented the number themselves, with no context, which then leads to speculation that often becomes taken as fact or truth in the absence of real information. For example, I was looking back on some of the pre-release material in the news thread on this very forum. It is a masterclass in how to word things in a way that you know will be interpreted to mean certain things, but at the same time actually not making any promises whatsoever. At the same time, never speaking up to clarify the clear confusion or disagreement that results.

Sorry, I could have been clearer, but I wasn't really questioning your post or your right to speculate, but trying to point out how CDPR have presented the number themselves, with no context, which then leads to speculation that often becomes taken as fact or truth in the absence of real information. For example, I was looking back on some of the pre-release material in the news thread on this very forum. It is a masterclass in how to word things in a way that you know will be interpreted to mean certain things, but at the same time actually not making any promises whatsoever. At the same time, never speaking up to clarify the clear confusion or disagreement that results.
For the people who are interested, the average played hours can be checked per platform. They don't try to make a detailed rapport with the OP.

On GOG
1622803923085.png

For the people who are interested, the average played hours can be checked per platform. They don't try to make a detailed rapport with the OP.
Don't really understand what is meant by that last sentence, but I thought my comments were clear about the use of mean averages and how they are misleading, it doesn't matter what the source is. Also, would that figure include those who have turned off data collection?

Don't really understand what is meant by that last sentence, but I thought my comments were clear about the use of mean averages and how they are misleading, it doesn't matter what the source is. Also, would that figure include those who have turned off data collection?
It is about presenting the numbers without context.

well, Street Kid is the most obviously "Cyperpunk" lifepath, so it makes sense. I also played Street Kid, probbaly would again...if someone gave me a reason to replay the game.

It would be great to add the statistics of how many deaths for a cramp.

Smooth Death Floor
Sweet Bone

Top Bottom