Cyberpunk in numbers

+
I wonder how they collect the metrics... :D
How does the logging look in the code, how they transfer it and how they analyze it...?

Because these have to be the data only from people who agreed to send the metrics via the game options in the first place.
And the data have to incomplete, and non-intuitive; broken by technical and natural inconsistencies...

If someone just turns the game on to the character creator and then goes out for a few hours, are these hours still counted...?
If someone switches the hardware or e.g. reinstalls/re-logs the game, does it have any side effects on the data and the analysis...?
Does the analysis consider stuff like low fps, being colorblind, IRL thinking,...?

Spending a lot of time in the character creator doesn't necessarily mean that players enjoy it :D
It can mean anything from having spilt ice cream on the keyboard to not seeing the button to move to the next page... :D
Default was "Enable analytics" ON
1.jpg

Post automatically merged:

so if they posted that players spent 4 million hours swimming, does that mean the game water was well done? It's all a matter of opinion, everyone has their own
no but if they collected data like that, they should know improving water is obligatory , because players like to swim for whatever reason. But I doubt players spent 4 M hours swimming.

i did swim alot. Great way too level Athletics. That or run around like an idiot jumping everywere... Reminds me of jumping on the stairs/ramps in Morrowind :D

And now players will start purposely dying in that area, just to mess with the statistics.
That's what I'd do, anyway. :D
Good idea, today task : to be spawn/kill by Kerry's robots at least fifty times (or maybe in Hanako's mansion) :)
(screenshots soon).
I'm must admit I fell off a cliff and died while searching for photos spot :giveup:
Dying for Art (with big "A"), what could be more beautiful :cry:

The only chances of dying is on the few mines under the bridge, few NCPD assaults or by Kerry's robots. If you manage to die here, that's unfortunate :)

What is the deal with Kerry's robots? They never attacked me (although I also did not attack them). So are they suppose to attack you the first time they see you? Obviously they would not (attack me ) after the player meets Kerry. But I was surprised I could trespass my way into Kerry's house. Was it because the robots could SENSE Silverhand somehow?

Well done, NCPD!
As in NCPD is not around every corner so they get agroed when you look at them funny :LOL:
Post automatically merged:

And now players will start purposely dying in that area, just to mess with the statistics.
That's what I'd do, anyway. :D
So, the question now becomes: what dowe players want to be the most safe location? preferably a hugely ironic location

[Edit2] I only just now noticed the 41,xx % streetkids in the OP. o_O this is surprising :giveup:

Anyone good with math enough to figure out the percentage of players that repaid Vic?

Something like money paid as reported 147 billion eurodollars / 21,000 eddies (I assume 21,000 was the same owed to Vic for everyone) = number of players that paid. This is seven million.

Now Divide that by the total number of players.

"Razor Hughes has been defeated in the ring 2 million times ": Would this indicated 2 million players counted in this analytics collection?
No no that is not right... that is only how many beat the quest. :rolleyes:
At this point we only know Vic was paid by more "players" (%350 more) than defeated Razor.

seven million / ? x 100 = % of players that are not dead beats.
Where ? = total number of players (or # of characters depending on how complicated you want to make this frivolous post).

Awggg, come on Vattier, help us out here. :p

Last edited:
Top Bottom