cyberpunk is all graphics, melodrama, buggy and no gaming substance

+
whatever happened to making game just for fun and gameplay. Instead cyberpunk is just another big triple a game with pretty graphics, cinematics, endless melodrama about life and how screwed up life is ( as if anyone cares last I checked we play video games to escape the misery of real life not dwell on it while in the game). Not to mention the endless array of glitches, bugs that make the gaming experience at best frustrating, at worse unplayable.

The end result is a disasterous playstation, xbox launch and a class action lawsuit against Projekt Red.

I can see why the wii switch is so popular its because the hardware on the switch is limited so developers are forced to focus on gameplay in order to deliver an enjoyable experience for the gamer. While pc game developers create games for high powered pc platforms and so they waste their time and money on pretty graphics, cinematics, melodrama, and do not even bother with gameplay or stability.

hades on the switch is more fun than cyberpunk 2077 ever was. This is because supergiant games knows what makes a game fun while projekt Red has no clue.

whatever happened to making game just for fun and gameplay. Instead cyberpunk is just another big triple a game with pretty graphics, cinematics, endless melodrama about life and how screwed up life is ( as if anyone cares last I checked we play video games to escape the misery of real life not dwell on it while in the game). Not to mention the endless array of glitches, bugs that make the gaming experience at best frustrating, at worse unplayable.

The end result is a disasterous playstation, xbox launch and a class action lawsuit against Projekt Red.

I can see why the wii switch is so popular its because the hardware on the switch is limited so developers are forced to focus on gameplay in order to deliver an enjoyable experience for the gamer. While pc game developers create games for high powered pc platforms and so they waste their time and money on pretty graphics, cinematics, melodrama, and do not even bother with gameplay or stability.

hades on the switch is more fun than cyberpunk 2077 ever was. This is because supergiant games knows what makes a game fun while projekt Red has no clue.

"The end result is a disasterous playstation, xbox launch"
You can say that again, and again and again.....

As I do think the game is fun, the experience on my Xbox is embarrassing.

Yes. The bugs even helped Cyberpunk. After all, if not for the bugs, then everyone would have seen much faster that this game is bad. That there are no interesting sidequests in it, a short and linear story, a broken RPG system. Bugs helped to hide this and thanks to them people did not immediately realize that this was just a very bad game.

In science fiction circles, "cyberpunk" is a genre that often features countercultural antiheroes trapped in a dehumanizing high-tech future.

"whatever happened to making game just for fun and gameplay." "as if anyone cares last I checked we play video games to escape the misery of real life not dwell on it while in the game)."

I'm thinking escaping the "misery of real life" by jumping into a Cyberpunk world of "dehumanizing high tech" is a bit operationally deficient. Just sayin .....................;)

It doesn't take that much work to Enjoy the Game lol I mean it's a Game...
It's literally no Different than Ubisoft's Far Cry Series Really, only difference is the Cyberpunk theme and World. CDPR Did a hell of a Job on Night City...as Empty as it can be...
The issue is CDPR Bragged so much about the game only for it to be Seriously Underwhelming.
But fuck it I guess, it's their First Modern Open World FPS Game so, their bound it fuck it up somehow but they did a pretty decent job. All we can do now is Wait and see what their going to do. If they haven't already Cut half of those Plans Already like they did with the Overall Game.

Yes. The bugs even helped Cyberpunk. After all, if not for the bugs, then everyone would have seen much faster that this game is bad. That there are no interesting sidequests in it, a short and linear story, a broken RPG system. Bugs helped to hide this and thanks to them people did not immediately realize that this was just a very bad game.
I Consider it The Honey Moon Phase.
First Play through was Rad as Fuck, Second was not Bad. Third, yae. You're going to start noticing a lot of stuff.

Heres the problem with people.. They gave em a shooter -looter and they say they are enjoying it.. That is how damaged people are.. Take the story out its the same for them.. Played 200 hrs to see if things are different. NO... this game is one and done. First play was 120 hrs and second is 80 hrs... pretty much the same.. If there is 3rd .. probably in a year it needs to be fixed but it cant.. The story is so linear and full of plot holes that its just a horrible experience. There is nothing to do with V or what he wants.. he wants to live ok but CD project gave us an open world with a really urgent main story... those things are not going hand to hand.. I have no idea what the hell were they thinking. It bothers me, really. Everything is broken even though regular people cant see it. Unfinished game with yes.. you can finish the jonny chonicles story sure... It makes me sad really because if they did this what is there for gamers.

"That's just like, your opinion, man."

We all want different things out of games, so what may make a game bad to you isn't true for me. I am having a lot of fun with the game despite the glitches, and I know I will continue to have fun with it for the foreseeable future as the bugs are smashed out.

Right now people are upset and feeling hurt, and for each person the reasons may vary so I won't pretend to know everything others don't like. Just important to remember that no game is going to be for everyone, but that doesn't make it bad. I enjoy the combat, the story, and the world they've built up. Could it be better? Sure, but couldn't be? I don't think it should have been released in this state since it feels more like an early access game with the bugs, but I wouldn't say it lacks substance. I can't imagine the pressure that was being placed on them to release and not do another delay, even though the game needed more time.

Not bad... bad would be one thing... but it is mediocre and forgettable when it could be among the best games ever made... this is so frustrating i almost wish it where actually bad... than i could just move on...

Curious about sales numbers. I know they said an amount sold which included the people asking for refunds . But how many copies were sold after the news about refunds and lawsuits surfaced?

Technical issues were not my problem. They were so rare.

And there are really interesting stories in the game. A bit too much drama at times, yes, and a bit of tryhard moments and simply ”who the fuck wrote this” moments too.

But it really is a terrible shame, that the gameplay is in such a low grade frames.

It works fine as a ”shooter with stats” or as a ”feather weight open world Deus Ex wannabe” if one goes about things through stealth, but it’s really repetitive and frankly boring to play as the ”RPG first and foremost” as insisted by the devs, even impossible due to how the game is designed to work.

CDPR’s mantra of ”story comes first” should really be ”gameplay comes first” from now on.

Several posts deleted for antagonism and personal bickering.

Everyone is reminded that all opinions are welcome and all opinions are to be respected. Anyone is permitted to argue the topic. We are not going to argue our opinions of others' opinions.

I enjoyed the game for what it offered, I wouldn't have put 100 hrs into it if I didn't. But the game is very shallow, the story is okay it wasn't great, and the RPG elements such as decisions and choices had almost no impact and ultimately the game is really not replayable.
I'm not going to ask for a refund, but it was such a wasted opportunity, and has changed how I view the company. I knew I was going to get this game the moment it was announced, because that's how much I trusted them. For their next game though, I will be taking a wait and see attitude.

I enjoyed the game for what it offered, I wouldn't have put 100 hrs into it if I didn't. But the game is very shallow, the story is okay it wasn't great, and the RPG elements such as decisions and choices had almost no impact and ultimately the game is really not replayable.
I'm not going to ask for a refund, but it was such a wasted opportunity, and has changed how I view the company. I knew I was going to get this game the moment it was announced, because that's how much I trusted them. For their next game though, I will be taking a wait and see attitude.

100% Agree... nothing more to add! It is just sad to see such potential go to waste...

In science fiction circles, "cyberpunk" is a genre that often features countercultural antiheroes trapped in a dehumanizing high-tech future.

"whatever happened to making game just for fun and gameplay." "as if anyone cares last I checked we play video games to escape the misery of real life not dwell on it while in the game)."

I'm thinking escaping the "misery of real life" by jumping into a Cyberpunk world of "dehumanizing high tech" is a bit operationally deficient. Just sayin .....................;)
A few years ago family was trend. The burden of being a father or father-figure (Witcher 3, GoW, RDR, TLoU etc.). Everywhere Daddys. Mission: Must rescue the kid and/or my legacy, blabla.
Then came: Buhu, we lost a or the maincharacter (don't want to set spoilers. Hm, hm and hm. Hm?).
Misson: Funeral.

One studio starts and it gives so much depth, emotions and tears in the story... :cry:.
And the others follow. Inho it is the trend in storytelling and has nothing to do with the topic "Cyberpunk".

I don't think the melodram can hold it much longer. The reality is not so bright for many people in the moment. Not everyone likes Animal Crossing but this funeral march in so many games is not funny, either.
We gonna see what will be the next idea. And then we will see it again... and again...and again...

Despite what anybody says. The game is still good enough for a lot of people to sink 100+ hours into it. Yes it has flaw, and some stuff is broken but that has sort of become induistry standard for newly released games and sadly it is to be expected. At least CDPR has a good track record of fixing their games and stepping up to the plate to refund unhappy customers.

Top Bottom