Cyberpunk is buggier than ever?

+
Hey, I am currently replaying Cyberpunk 2077 on a PS5 console for the first time since around the patch 0 / patch 1 period. I never tested patch 2 and this is my first time experiencing patch 3.

And I am very disappointed to find that the game is even buggier than last time I played!? I really got my hopes up with all of the reviews and blogs on the internet saying that Cyberpunk 2077 is finally a good game, and how the game is now stable enough to be sold on the PlayStation store.

But then I played the game again and none of that is true? It’s just a really terrible experience with bugs and glitches around every corner. Consistent bugs that never existed before…

luckily, I haven’t run into any game breaking bugs at least so I’m hoping that most of those have been patched. But the game now crashes even more frequently than it used to (causing more longer term issues that occur post-crash). At release, the game crashed I guess 3-6 times per real life day. Now the game is crashing I guess 6-9 times per real life day. Now, NPCs often teleport in zigzags to where they are walking. Not so often civilians, but anyone who is story related will probably do this. This was a rare occurrence in every play through at the games release. Now, many enemies will instantly aggro me through multiple walls and so far away that I wouldn’t even be able to see them if there weren’t any walls between us. This causes me to be put into combat 3-4 times every single time I decide to drive anywhere in Watson. This never happened at the game’s release. Now, I often find myself getting NCPD wanted stars for shooting at gang members. I even got a wanted star just for driving down an empty road on the east side of Watson. Now, I often see NPCs and sometimes vehicles spawn right in front of me. The only way to see people spawn at the games release was to intentionally quickly turn around at a good angle and see people spawn BEHIND YOU, it was never possible to see people (other than the NCPD) spawn in front of you before now. Now, during combat, enemies often skip frames, they sort of teleport around in place, like I might be shooting at them and then they teleport their head and torso (coincidentally) out of the way of my bullets. I don’t believe that this happened ever at release.

For me personally, the game wasn’t too bad at release. It crashed too often, and sometimes missions would just get stuck and you would have to load the game somewhere or you wouldn’t be able to progress. Rarely, each of your load states would also be broken and you would be screwed. That’s all terrible and all, but it doesn’t really effect the quality of the working gameplay.
In patch 3, the quality of the working gameplay is atrocious because you are reminded that the game is plagued with bugs every single second you are playing. This makes the game quite boring for me sadly.

What is everybody thinking by saying that Cyberpunk 2077 has improved a lot since release? And what is CDPR thinking introducing all of these new bugs into the game? And why did Sony put the game back on the PlayStation store?

[Note: each time I mention Cyberpunks state at release, I may actually mean after patch 1.]

Last edited:
I don't know for crashes, seem to be a lot...

You reinstalled the whole game and start on fresh save ? Or just updated it ?
You could try that on PS5 to see if it change something (because honestly, 6-9 times, it's "too much" even on base PS4).
(On Serie X, no crash at all on my "current" playthrough in 80h+ of playing. Serie X and PS5 aren't that different, so it could be something wrong somewhere...)

Speaking of PS4, you play on PS5 yes, but it's a PS4 game who run on your PS5. So all the "downgrades" that you see/feel are "here" to make the game playable/smoother on base PS4. For a real PS5 game, you have to wait the next-gen patch, and you should see a real improvement ;)

Number of crashes looks very odd indeed. I'm on Xbox One X and I didn't had that amount of crashes with Day 1 to 1.0 something. Whatever lead to crashes it was almost like clock, every 6 to 7 real life hours. So 4 to 5 times / 24 hours. I didn't had that problem with 1.24 and 1.3 playthroughs, so what you are experiencing looks rather bad.

I don't know what's causing issue like that as that's something very severe, but like LeKill3rFou wrote above, contact support to find out what is happening with your game.

Hey, I am currently replaying Cyberpunk 2077 on a PS5 console for the first time since around the patch 0 / patch 1 period. I never tested patch 2 and this is my first time experiencing patch 3.

And I am very disappointed to find that the game is even buggier than last time I played!? I really got my hopes up with all of the reviews and blogs on the internet saying that Cyberpunk 2077 is finally a good game, and how the game is now stable enough to be sold on the PlayStation store.

But then I played the game again and none of that is true? It’s just a really terrible experience with bugs and glitches around every corner. Consistent bugs that never existed before…

luckily, I haven’t run into any game breaking bugs at least so I’m hoping that most of those have been patched. But the game now crashes even more frequently than it used to (causing more longer term issues that occur post-crash). At release, the game crashed I guess 3-6 times per real life day. Now the game is crashing I guess 6-9 times per real life day. Now, NPCs often teleport in zigzags to where they are walking. Not so often civilians, but anyone who is story related will probably do this. This was a rare occurrence in every play through at the games release. Now, many enemies will instantly aggro me through multiple walls and so far away that I wouldn’t even be able to see them if there weren’t any walls between us. This causes me to be put into combat 3-4 times every single time I decide to drive anywhere in Watson. This never happened at the game’s release. Now, I often find myself getting NCPD wanted stars for shooting at gang members. I even got a wanted star just for driving down an empty road on the east side of Watson. Now, I often see NPCs and sometimes vehicles spawn right in front of me. The only way to see people spawn at the games release was to intentionally quickly turn around at a good angle and see people spawn BEHIND YOU, it was never possible to see people (other than the NCPD) spawn in front of you before now. Now, during combat, enemies often skip frames, they sort of teleport around in place, like I might be shooting at them and then they teleport their head and torso (coincidentally) out of the way of my bullets. I don’t believe that this happened ever at release.

For me personally, the game wasn’t too bad at release. It crashed too often, and sometimes missions would just get stuck and you would have to load the game somewhere or you wouldn’t be able to progress. Rarely, each of your load states would also be broken and you would be screwed. That’s all terrible and all, but it doesn’t really effect the quality of the working gameplay.
In patch 3, the quality of the working gameplay is atrocious because you are reminded that the game is plagued with bugs every single second you are playing. This makes the game quite boring for me sadly.

What is everybody thinking by saying that Cyberpunk 2077 has improved a lot since release? And what is CDPR thinking introducing all of these new bugs into the game? And why did Sony put the game back on the PlayStation store?

[Note: each time I mention Cyberpunks state at release, I may actually mean after patch 1.]
As a fellow PS5 user I strongly advice you to wait for the next gen patch in 2022 (hopefully) and see if they are doing a "De novo" version or not.

I wouldn't hold my breath though, CDPR's track record and claims shouldn't leave console players particularly optimistic.

The game is back on PS store only because now it has a more stable frame rate on PS4 (25-30 FPS) at the cost of a big graphical downgrade on every PlayStation platform.

As a fellow PS5 user I strongly advice you to wait for the next gen patch in 2022 (hopefully) and see if they are doing a "De novo" version or not.

I wouldn't hold my breath though, CDPR's track record and claims shouldn't leave console players particularly optimistic.

The game is back on PS store only because now it has a more stable frame rate on PS4 (25-30 FPS) at the cost of a big graphical downgrade on every PlayStation platform.
Ah makes sense, they downgraded the game to get the frame rates on PS4 almost up to par with the PS5 and PC, without doing extremely much to improve the game on PS5 consoles. 😵

Wish I could wait for the PS5 upgrade, but I’m probably not gonna have my PS5 with me outside of holidays times like Christmas. 🥲

Ah makes sense, they downgraded the game to get the frame rates on PS4 almost up to par with the PS5 and PC, without doing extremely much to improve the game on PS5 consoles. 😵

Wish I could wait for the PS5 upgrade, but I’m probably not gonna have my PS5 with me outside of holidays times like Christmas. 🥲
I don't think we'll have the patch before Easter (imho not before June no matter what cdpr says). Don't know if it helps. :shrug:

(CDPR say they think they can make it before April. Maybe. Eventually. Pheraps. Who knows, right?)

without doing extremely much to improve the game on PS5 consoles.
More "they didn't do anything" to improve PS5 version, because if you look on the store, it's a PS4 game (compatible on PS5, that's all). The same on XBox, on Series X it's the same game as XB1 (graphics in 4K, are not different between Serie X and XB1x. The only difference is the frame rate 30FPS vs 60FPS with the performance mode).

More "they didn't do anything" to improve PS5 version, because if you look on the store, it's a PS4 game (compatible on PS5, that's all). The same on XBox, on Series X it's the same game as XB1 (graphics in 4K, are not different between Serie X and XB1x. The only difference is the frame rate 30FPS vs 60FPS with the performance mode).
You mentioned ‘Performance’ mode?
I was looking around my settings for a while and I can’t find any setting to switch between performance mode and fidelity mode on console.
Is that normal or is there something wrong with my game?
I think my only option on PS5 is 30FPS by default

I was looking around my settings for a while and I can’t find any setting to switch between performance mode and fidelity mode on console.
I think it's a "Xbox feature" like the FPS Boost on some "old" XB1 games to play them at 120 FPS (on Serie S/X).
For Cyberpunk, you can switch between "quality mode - 30FPS" and "Performance mode - 60FPS" in the game settings, but personally, I didn't see a real graphic difference between both. 60FPS is way better than 30FPS, so the choice is easy :)

Edit : I watch Digital Foundry video, and FPS on PS5 are already (and always) at 60.
You can see the "quality mode" on Serie X at the end of the video, lock to 30FPS

Last edited:
No PS5 is 60 fps with dynamic resolution (up to 4k) default and you can't choose. It's the same graphics as PS4 pro but 60 fps instead of 30.

If you're curious, on Xbox series X the situation is much better, in particular the graphics mode has a significant boost compared to PS5. There's plenty of analyses from digital foundry if you wish to check it out. The reason is probably because CDPR had a marketing agreement with Microsoft so they focused more on optimizing for Xbox and not PlayStation. Anyway, the important bit is that after one year the situation is unacceptable on PlayStation consoles.

The reason is probably because CDPR had a marketing agreement with Microsoft so they focused more on optimizing for Xbox and not PlayStation. Anyway, the important bit is that after one year the situation is unacceptable on PlayStation consoles.
I could also assume that Xbox hardwares/softwares are closer to PCs, unlike Playstation which is completely different system :)
Like DX12 which is used on PCs and Xbox, so for a DX12 game, it sound way easier to work on and improve it...

I could also assume that Xbox hardwares/softwares (like DX12 which is used on PCs and Xbox) is closer to PCs, unlike Playstation which is completely different system :)
Naaaah, all games are (almost) identical on the 2 next gen consoles, you never see the kind of difference cyberpunk versions have. I don't buy CDPR is the only company in the world that can't achieve the same results on them.

Btw, I have both consoles and digital foundry's analyses of games are there available to everyone.

I'm pretty sure that after the next gen patch the versions will be identical.

Top Bottom