"Cyberpunk isn't about saving humanity, it's about saving yourself"

+
Let's just say CDP did a wonderfull move in involving Mike. I liked the video specially the fact Mike pointed out that what's important is the "Feeling".

yes please, its really nice. especially last few seconds of the video... It has that terminator/tron vide!

I know, that music got me so hyped when I saw the video for the first time:) It was composed specifically for the purpose of this video.

I know, that music got me so hyped when I saw the video for the first time:) It was composed specifically for the purpose of this video.

I think I can speak for all of us and say.. dude like make sure it will end up being in the final game haha :cool:

By any chance, is it any reflective of the music you plan for the game itself?

Just trying the ice with a stick here. ;)

I was hyped yesterday, watching that vid today I choked on my coffee when I looked up and saw my CP2020 rule books on the top shelf of my desk..
Hyped doesn't even come close.

P.S. Mike sounds like a young James Earl Jones. He could make a tidy sum voicing audio books ;)

I bet some of Mike's quotes will end up in the game. Wonder if there will be more videos like that in the future...

It's not about saving humanity, it's about saving yourself.

Now see, this I very much approve of. Too many games focus on the hero who will fix everything that's wrong in the world, and I'm not saying that makes a game inherently bad, hell I enjoyed quite a few of these games, but I miss stuff like this.

Also, here's hoping CDPR release the track they made for the video in the near future, we need more cyberpunk goodies to keep the hype up until 2015.

Now see, this I very much approve of. Too many games focus on the hero who will fix everything that's wrong in the world, and I'm not saying that makes a game inherently bad, hell I enjoyed quite a few of these games, but I miss stuff like this.

Also, here's hoping CDPR release the track they made for the video in the near future, we need more cyberpunk goodies to keep the hype up until 2015.
I absolutely,wholehearthedly agree with this.

Let's just say CDP did a wonderfull move in involving Mike. I liked the video specially the fact Mike pointed out that what's important is the "Feeling".

To be honest I don't think Mike would have been happy being left out of the loop on any major level - its still his baby, his vision, but CDPR's realisation of that vision, its a win-win for both sides to have Mike on board.

Yes! I saw that video like an hour ago, absolutely fascinating guy. Really chill and intelligent dude. I wonder if he's gonna do some more interviews. Loved to watch some more.

And yeah, it's insightful and entertaining at the same time. He's got a godlike voice which makes it all so much more awesome :)

I hope he'll have a cameo in the game. Can't wait for the game!

'Twas an intriguing video. Really enjoyed to discover Mike's viewpoint of what defines Cyberpunk as well what was his inspirations for it. Especially liked the quote that is listed in the thread title. I as well am tired of 'save the world' type stories, and it being more personal gives a chance of much more complexity into the game.

Can't wait for more info!

I actually wouldnt mind something of a 'bitter sweet ending' with Cyberpunk 2077 - something along the lines of the Bladerunner Directors cut where Deckard gets the girl but they have no choice but to run and go into hiding... Cyberpunk is all about the 'downer' endings.

Again something to ponder.

It's too early to get into any details, but I think it's safe to say that you won't be disappointed with the music:)

The soundtrack to this game is crucial. I liked what was in that interview, the right mix of electronic and tragic.

Absolutely agreed with.

Top Bottom