cyberpunk keyboard problem

+
I use synergy to share keyboard+mouse between notebook and pc.
For all games(for example witcher3) I have no problems, but in cyberpunk synergy keyboard is not working at all.
So I get stuck right on intro, with "press space to continue", and not able to get further.
I could imagine that plugin keyboard directly to PC will solve issue, but with notebook's keyboard it is not possible.

are there any ways to make cyberpunk work with synergy input device?

I tried to play through cloud gaming service - the same problem. It seems that the game don't recognize any remote input

same got azerty keyboard
and while some keys are switched wich is fine i cant bind 'F' it says i binded 'Q' when i do and on a qwerty keboard its the same position so no reason to fail on that maybe focus a little less on visual bug and more on core bugs wich define if the game can be played at all! also
i need 10 posts before i can report 3 bugs already wich make game unplayable and support has no category or custom option so can't report it way to go!

Devs, if you read this, please make hot fix. This thing should be easy to solve, please don't make us wait days or weeks until next big patch.

I also have problems with the keyboard. I cannot assign the buttons the way I want. I always play with the arrow keys and NOT with WASD. I can't play with WASD because I'm used to using the arrow keys. Neither can I assign the F key or various other keys. Sorry but that doesn't work at all. How long can I wait until I can play Cyberpunk?

The same problem, the keyboard and mouse do not work through Steam Remote Play. It works in other games through the same service. After starting, a splash screen appears and press the spacebar. Space is not pressed. When using remote control programs like Anydesk, the keyboard and mouse work in any programs. But not in cyberpunk.
It seems that the game itself is blocking remote control.

Same issue here - no keyboard input arrives at the game. None.
And that's singular to this game, nothing I've ever encountered before in hundreds of other games.

I've preordered right at the start of the pre-orders, knowing that CDPR delivers great games.
Now is the time to fix some bugs, CDPR. Like with the Witcher games, where you had some input issues too. Whatever lessons were learned then - please apply them now.

The same here. I use cloudgaming over Shadow. So far I've never had any problems with keyboard or mouse input, except for Cyberpunk. Seems to be a problem with the game. Keyboard inputs are not taken into account at all(I can't get to the main menu after the intro) and the cursor moves very slowly.
I also wanted to open a supportticket for this, but where exactly can I find the proper form on https://support.cdprojektred.com/de/cyberpunk/pc/ ?

for the first 2 hours of the game i couldn't figure out how to get into my inventory. not until i looked it up online then discovered that it's bounded to "i" key. the keyboard assign menu makes no mention of inventory key. to top it off, throughout the tutorial it never mentioned how to access your inventory. just seems like a major oversight and rushed.

Some guys saying that spelling programs or grammar checkers was the issue for them.

Playkey cloud service which I use, solved the problem for their users. Good luck guys if you still having this problem(

nagi

Forum regular
I have the same problem, with Synergy. First game that does this, too. I haven't encountered it in any other game so far.

I'm in the same boat as you folks. Preordered the game but didn't get chance to run until today. Set everything up and jumped into the game. My JoyToKey emulator is totally dead in the water. Tried running it in different compatibility modes and as admin. Nothing in Cyberpunk. Dead in the water. Works in all my other games. Submitted a bug report form via the link in the thread above. Hope they get this fixed as I can't play via the keyboard directly and I suck using a XBox controller. Thanks for sharing your stories as I thought I might be alone in this. LOL.

It's a bug in their raw input code and not related to anti-cheat as some have speculated. Here's technical explanation:
To fix this yourself, grab a hex editor and use the find and replace bytes function ("Hex-values" in HxD) to find this:

8B 44 24 54 85 C0 75 26

and replace it with this:

36 8B 07 90 85 C0 75 26

version: 1.04

in 2020 i know azerty keyboards are not the standard, but many people are stuck with it, please make it easier for the game to recognise this and adjust to our hardware in this case keyboard

It's a bug in their raw input code and not related to anti-cheat as some have speculated. Here's technical explanation:
To fix this yourself, grab a hex editor and use the find and replace bytes function ("Hex-values" in HxD) to find this:

8B 44 24 54 85 C0 75 26

and replace it with this:

36 8B 07 90 85 C0 75 26

version: 1.04

Can confirm that editing \SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Cyberpunk 2077\bin\x64\Cyberpunk2077.exe with hexeditor and replacing that hex values fix keyboard input!

@Juv1ee, thanks, you're genius!

Thank you a lot, Juv1ee!
Using HxD, I applied this little change, and
now, for the first time I get past the start sequence... and possibly, even play the game.
I wish I could give you extra kudos for that.

Hey, CDPR - why not incorporate above fix into your next patch?

Top Bottom