Cyberpunk multiplayer - dead on arrival?

+
Now that this game come out and people see how barebones it is and how much it underdelivered on expectations CDPR lost a lot of rep and flushed the hype for multiplayer down the toilet.

Multiplayer mode has to rely on
  • diverse and interesting gameplay so people do not get bored
  • good performance since FPS in PvP matters
  • good AI if there are PvE elements
  • interesting and responsive world if you want to have playground like GTA Online.
  • quality customization so characters stand out
  • and some won't like to hear it, but hype from influencers. Unfortunately the audiences of the likes like Shroud saw Cyberpunk 2077 gameplay and likely have written upcoming multiplayer off.
Not much confidence CDPR has it in them to deliver on these since they showed their ineptitude on these areas for Cyberpunk 2077.

Multiplayer games really need to be special to succeed these days. How many high profile ones bombed recently or are dying off? And AA ones were more less ignored and died silently? Even supposed juggernauts like Apex Legends and VALORAN did not gain as much traction and lasting power as their developers expected.

Last high profile FPS RPG with good multiplayer mode was Mass Effect 3 and it had far more complex gameplay than Cyberpunk with multiple unique weapons, diverse enemies and strong abilities allowing distinct classes/builds. If gameplay from Cyberpunk would be translated to multiplayer the most effective way to play it would quickly lead to something as banal as using best build with best gun and killing everything.

they should not even start making MP until base game is fantastic with tons of content added.

and Multiplayer will probably be hack cheat glitch grief troll festival.

Witcher 3 didnt have MP yet somehow this game is GAME OF THE DECADE , i wonder why....

Read my sig and ask me how i know what kind of disastrous results can arise from turning a single player game into a multiplayer one without a thought in the world. Hah

Yea, im with you on this one. As ive said in other threads here....im stoked for multiplayer CB2077 but i hope they take their time with it and do it right....or we will end up with just another copy of epic failure in cataclysmic proportions.

I don't think cdpr is going to even think about multiplayer until they are fully happy with the game performance. They stated they are not happy with it and will continue to work out all the issues. I'm sure after that then we will see work on a possible multiplayer.

yeah na they better not even think or dream about multiplayer until 2023 or something until they've fixed this fiasco

Now that this game come out and people see how barebones it is and how much it underdelivered on expectations CDPR lost a lot of rep and flushed the hype for multiplayer down the toilet.

• interesting and responsive world if you want to have playground like GTA Online.
  • and some won't like to hear it, but hype from influencers. Unfortunately the audiences of the likes like Shroud saw Cyberpunk 2077 gameplay and likely have written upcoming multiplayer off.
Not much confidence CDPR has it in them to deliver on these since they showed their ineptitude on these areas for Cyberpunk 2077.

Multiplayer games really need to be special to succeed these days. How many high profile ones bombed recently or are dying off? And AA ones were more less ignored and died silently? Even supposed juggernauts like Apex Legends and VALORAN did not gain as much traction and lasting power as their developers expected.

Last high profile FPS RPG with good multiplayer mode was Mass Effect 3 and it had far more complex gameplay than Cyberpunk with multiple unique weapons, diverse enemies and strong abilities allowing distinct classes/builds. If gameplay from Cyberpunk would be translated to multiplayer the most effective way to play it would quickly lead to something as banal as using best build with best gun and killing everything.
I would imagine that multiplayer is a long way off, as you say they have to fix the main game first and also I think they plan on making expansions first as well.

With the amount of issues in CP at the moment, which one can only assume are even worse, if people really try to test it to its limits and not just play by the rules so to speak. Then adding multiplayer is only going to complicate things even more. However the multiplayer game might simply be a shooter with the gangs fighting each other or something, doesn't have to be anything like the current one, except maybe taking place in the same city. They haven't really shared any information about it yet.

I don't think anyone can deny that CP at the moment as a game, is sort of struggling with it being somewhat unfinished to put it in a nice way. Even for those of us that doesn't have to many issues with bugs etc. It is still fairly obvious that CDPR probably didn't have to much time fine tuning and testing a lot of the mechanics in the game. There are all the obvious glitches that everyone experiences. But there are also a lot of tooltip and UI errors, numbers not really adding up to what you would think they would.

Obviously CDPR have big plans for the game and depending on how committed they are to this, I wouldn't mind them simply focusing on the single player experience, adding more options and dialogs, random content etc. Most of all, because I don't think the game as such, at least if they intend it to be like the single player experience, would make for a good multiplayer game.

Whereas a shooter game in the CP universe could be.

The crazy thing is (Now I don't have that many bug issues luckily) the game experience is very good, even in this sort of barebone state, so if they can expand on this experience that would be absolutely amazing.

Multiplayer in my mind will ruin this game and has ruined so many games in the past, leave it the way it is, I want to play in this open world and interact not getting T-Bagged by every new comer

Attachments

• 1605814432599.gif
    1605814432599.gif
    2.1 MB · Views: 78
I can't picture multi-player... Is it supposed to be like GTA? Co-op would be cool. Especially, since the game is based off a TTRPG, which is a shared narrative experience.

I want to start by saying that I am a huge fan of this game, the following project is an idea of what the cyberpunk 2077 multiplayer can be for me and for many of us. I came up with these ideas while in my bed at night, despite I am a bit disappointed with the issues I have experienced in my walkthrough of the game, I still believe in cyberpunk 2077 and the future of it, I don’t want to see cyberpunk disappear in time like other games.

English is not my mother tongue I apologise for this but I know that English is the best language to express the idea of a multiplayer experience in cyberpunk 2077.

I really love the game!

INTRODUCTION

The main focus of the cyberpunk 2077-multiplyer would be the factions, the players will start the game after the events of the main story, you will create a new multiplayer character from scratch with a name of your election.

Night city will be in a constant conflict between the factions Aldecaldos, the animals, the mox, Maelstrom, Tyger claws, Valentinos, Voddo Boys, Whraits, 6th Street Gang. Some of these might have been dissolved. Each of these factions will have their territory with a specific colour in the map, in the game These factions will fight each other to dominate territory, the players will get to choose one faction to be able to gain reputation, money and specific benefits depending of what faction they joined, players will have the same skill threes from the main game.

If you get tired to fight for factions don’t worry, player will be able to do different activities such as, police officer jobs, hook ups depending on your style level (style will be explained further), go common secure points like night clubs and bars.

Open mic will be available in the game.

REPUTATION, STYLE AND FACTION POINTS

Reputation Points

This will be the most important for players and it will determine their level in the game, players will start with 0 points and will be able to gain reputation by fighting for their faction, doing extra jobs like police officer, hunting players down (this will be explained further).

The benefits for reputation are, accesses to better guns and weapons, accesses to cyber modifications.

Style Points

Perhaps the most interesting feature of the game, as we know their styles in the game kitsch, entropism, neomilitarism and neokitsch.

Players will have points of style, your character will have 0 points in the beginning and you will be able to gain style points depending of the cloths you use, each cloth such as vest, shirts, shoes, boots etc. will give points of style depending of the level of the item.

The benefits of style will be, romance or hookups with NPCs (there will be more hookup options in the map, certain points of style will be need it for each hook up option), reduced fines from the police, reduced item costs depending of what you are buying, access to specific cyberware modsuch as the ones seen on the NPCs of cyberpunk 2077 main game.

Once you gain certain amount of points of style you will be able to choose a main style when you do that you will then be able to use cyberware mods according of your main style

Faction Points

Once the player joins a faction each time he fights for territory and success the player will gain faction and reputation points.

Once you reach the maximum points of faction it will give the player a special faction skill, I can explain these skills in a second post.

SERVER AND FACTION FIGHTS

When you open the game, you will get to pick a server Each server will have a total of 60 players (it can be increased once testing is done).

Once you have joined a faction you will be able to talk with a npc from your faction to do a “territory faction job” The mission will be in a wating room along with 5 players, then you will need to travel with the players to the spot in the map to either defend or attack the zone, while another faction will send their own players to the same spot, (NPCs may play a role)

Players who decided to do a police job will be able to intervene territory fights, it will allow the game to have a balance in the fights in case one of the teams is really bad.

Once the battle is finished players from both teams will get their rewards, reputation, faction points etc. the team who won will gain more points than the team who lost.

(In case you are not good at shooting you can gain reputation points by doing other things).

NIGHT CITY HUNTING

A player who won TFs and kill the most in the server will get a hunting down mark, players will get a Hunt Job to join players form his faction to hunt the high rank player and get reputation points. To avoid an exaggerated number of players hunting the target only players of the most affected faction by the high rank player will be send out to hunt.

THE ROLE OF THE POLICE

Police will be there when players attack randomly people or NPCs, there will be jobs at the police department such as intervene territory fight, hunting a criminal (player who randomly attacked people in the game).

With this job’s players will gain reputation points but not as much as gaining them from faction fights.

When the police intervene a territory fight, a group of 2 police officers will be send out to intervene the spot in dispute.

CARS

There will be no fast travel in the game, you will be able to buy cars and motorcycles with money and certain amount of style points, factions will give you access to certain cars.

THE AUTO AIM GUNS ISSUE

Once players join a faction, they will be able to get an “auto aim blocker” with will make them immune to auto aim weapons for certain time, the skill will have a cooldown (testing needed) so the player shooting will need to swap weapon and the player who uses the skill will need to attack or use his own auto aim weapon.

Anyway, this weapon will be available to high rank players and the police officers, so imagine two police officers in a territory fight with auto aim weapons while two factions fight each other.

FINAL THOUGHTS

This idea is still in development in my mind but I would love to see a cyberpunk 2077 multiplayer like this, I love the game and I have waited since I saw the first trailer, I also played the tabletop cyberpunk 2020 when I was young.

If you guys want a second part of this just let me know I would more than happy make a second part.

They probably will try to copy fortnite, just in the NC instead of random island, and call it a day.

Top Bottom