Cyberpunk price?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I originally wanted to buy this game on GOG.com, because I like their policy of no DRM etc. But when I compare the price with that of Steam or Epic, it doesn't really make sense.

(Im from Denmark so will convert the prices to danish as some of them are in euros.)

First I thought it was because you got a lot of extra stuff, which is not something im interested in.

Steam
Price: 446,43 kr (71,42 USD)

Get Cyberpunk 2077 on Steam to receive a short story written by our Story Lead, Tomasz Marchewka.
"2AM — She Calls" will show you the hostile streets of Night City as seen by Frank, an ex-NCPD officer working the night shift as a Combat Cab driver.
In addition, you'll also get a set of exclusive goodies including avatars, posters, and a wallpaper!

Epic
Price: 399 kr (63,83 USD)

Digital goodies included:
  • Original score
  • Art booklet featuring a selection of art from the game
  • Digital Comic "Cyberpunk 2077: Your Voice"
  • Cyberpunk 2020 sourcebook
  • Wallpapers for desktop and mobile
GOG.com
Price: 630 kr (100,78 USD)

Goodies
  • Cyberpunk 2020 Sourcebook A Digital Booklet With Art From The Game
  • Wallpapers For Desktop And Mobile An Additional Set Of Wallpapers And Avatars Ready-To-Print
  • Cyberpunk 2077 Posters Soundtrack
  • Exclusive Digital Comic - Cyberpunk 2077: Big City Dreams

It seems to me that all these include kind of the same, just written differently?
But the prices are all over the place here, GOG being around 75% (or how much it is) more expensive than the Epic one? and Steam somewhere in the middle. Since I don't really understand what the difference is between the included goodies and as I said is not all that interested in it, I kind of feel forced to buy it at Epic, despite I really would prefer to get it on GOG.

Anyone know why there is such a huge price difference between these?

Last edited:
It seems to me that all these include kind of the same, just written differently?
They are mostly the same. All in game content is the same. GOG comes with a unique comic. Steam comes with a unique short story. Epic comes with a different unique comic (apparently - I hadn't heard of that being a thing until I saw this this post).

But yeah, CDPR doesn't allow in game exclusives to platforms. Little add-ons from platform are included for some places, but they're all pretty minimal and basically the same. Just buy it on whichever platform you like the best would be my recommendation.

They are mostly the same. All in game content is the same. GOG comes with a unique comic. Steam comes with a unique short story. Epic comes with a different unique comic (apparently - I hadn't heard of that being a thing until I saw this this post).

But yeah, CDPR doesn't allow in game exclusives to platforms. Little add-ons from platform are included for some places, but they're all pretty minimal and basically the same. Just buy it on whichever platform you like the best would be my recommendation.
Obviously I will, but I think it sad that they can't just make a pre-order without all the goodies, at a standard price and then people can buy it on the platform of their choice.

Obviously I will, but I think it sad that they can't just make a pre-order without all the goodies, at a standard price and then people can buy it on the platform of their choice.
Well the standard edition came at a price of $59.99 for each platform where I am. But regional pricing can vary.

Well the standard edition came at a price of $59.99 for each platform where I am. But regional pricing can vary.
Yeah it seems like it does. Just checked the discussion forum on GOG. And someone wrote this four days ago:

Why the sudden change, I don't get it? I wanted to buy it here to support CDPR, but 70$ is a bit steep. I'm a student and can barely afford this game, especially now during the holidays lol.

I live in EU, seems like I will be getting the steam version. :)

Yet, when I calculate my price it is over 100 USD, I feel kind of cheated :D

Madae

Forum veteran
You should consider buying it on GOG anyway. It's where CDPR will make the most money from the sale. Steam takes a large cut of the profits. I doubt Epic is any different.

You should consider buying it on GOG anyway. It's where CDPR will make the most money from the sale. Steam takes a large cut of the profits. I doubt Epic is any different.
My choice for buying it on GOG is not one out of charity towards CDPR :D
I personally don't really care how they choose to sell their game, but as a customer I don't feel the prices are transparent and still not sure why I would have to pay 100 USD on GOG, when other people, even other danish people seem to have other prices for the same game.

This is from now 5 days ago, on their forum:

Bhemont: Why the sudden change, I don't get it? I wanted to buy it here to support CDPR, but 70$ is a bit steep. I'm a student and can barely afford this game, especially now during the holidays lol.
I live in EU, seems like I will be getting the steam version. :)

It shows 440DKK/~60€ here, I'm not sure why you're getting a different price.

This is another dane, that say their price is 440.

Then there is another person, also from Denmark replying to this guy:

Weird. My price is 59 euros. Could it be an exchange rate thing? If you're in Denmark then the expected currency would be DKK, but DKK and EUR are effectively fixed in relative value.

Just checking this out, it seems current rate of exchange for 59 EUR is 70 USD. You might want to consider paying this in EUR or DKK rather than USD.

And his price is 59 euros.

My price is listed in DKK as well at 630. (100 USD)

So in those short amount of days, people have completely different prices for the same product. Even though we are all from the same country.

this is very odd, in the UK i am getting pretty much the same price from all three, this wild divergence seems very wrong.

gog.jpg

steam.jpg

epic.jpg

Post automatically merged:

I personally don't really care how they choose to sell their game, but as a customer I don't feel the prices are transparent and still not sure why I would have to pay 100 USD on GOG, when other people, even other danish people seem to have other prices for the same game.

This is from now 5 days ago, on their forum:

Are you a US citizen?

Are you a US citizen?
No from Denmark.

GOG.jpg

Epic.jpg

GOG_Forum.jpg

It's just really strange I think, that the difference in price is so severe, even for danish people apparently. Or the price of Cyberpunk for us or at least some of us, just had a massive increase in the last few days for whatever reason.

Are you sure you are not on the Swedish page? Because for me in Sweden it costs 630 sek which should be some something like 440 dkk. Otherwise contact GOG support!
/Johannes

Are you sure you are not on the Swedish page? Because for me in Sweden it costs 630 sek which should be some something like 440 dkk. Otherwise contact GOG support!
/Johannes
You were right, for some reason it showed swedish valuta instead, should have checked that. Because in Denmark we normally write "kr" for "Danish kroner" so thought they did that as well :)

Anyway the price is now 450, which seems more reasonable :)

Pre-ordered on PS Store, was £54.99 got a message from PlayStation saying I have £5.00 refunded to me. Happy days.

You were right, for some reason it showed swedish valuta instead, should have checked that. Because in Denmark we normally write "kr" for "Danish kroner" so thought they did that as well :)

Anyway the price is now 450, which seems more reasonable :)

Yep, in Sweden it's also kr. ;)

Whatever price CDPR sells CP2077 to distributors for is pretty much the same (variation in shipping costs apply) but after that it's up to the distributor and retailer to determine how much of a profit they wish to make per sale, CDPR has zero control over this.

Imagine thinking CDPR, Europe’s most valuable gaming company (more even than Ubisoft), is strapped for cash and will suffer if people buy on Steam rather than GOG.

Madae

Forum veteran
Imagine thinking CDPR, Europe’s most valuable gaming company (more even than Ubisoft), is strapped for cash and will suffer if people buy on Steam rather than GOG.
Imagine twisting what I said into something it isn't.

Imagine twisting what I said into something it isn't.
I did end up buying it on GOG :D

The price was clearly a misunderstanding from my side and could maybe be written a bit more clearly on GOG to avoid potential confusion. Maybe just use the international ones instead. (DKK etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom