Cyberpunk restarting PC

+
Thanks for the advice then:) You had the actual "PC shutting off" problem?
It had to be your GPU-driver I reckon.

Yeah, the same kernel ID problem. Hard shutdown with no error messages or BSODs, and an immediate restart. Sometimes it only affected my monitor and hard drive but not my perhipherals or case fans as they remained with the rgb lights on.

Good morning all,

I have been following this conversation from afar for a little while because I have the same KernelPower problems in the map when I zoom in I zoom out or then randomly when I use the terminal for fast trips, I have tried a lot of methods to solve my problem but nothing and today it seems to me that I found the solution, I have an 8700k with 36 GB of RAM in 3600Mz as well as a 2080 TI, I fixed my problem by plugging in two cords of power supply on my graphics card, until now I had a cord with a power supply port on the second connector, so I plug in a cable per connector from the power supply to the graphics card and I solved my problem, I had already noticed that by lowering, with the soft nvidia, the FPS to 70 Max I managed to no longer freeze on the map but I freeze from time to time in the game, there no longer any problem !!!
So to solve the problem for me, you don't have to have a cord with a Multi plug connected to the graphics card but rather cords that go from the power supply to each power point of the graphics card !
I hope that can serve you !!! (sorry for my translated english, i'm french ;) )
Good luck to all !!
Ludlal

Attachments

• alim 2080ti.jpg
    alim 2080ti.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 100
I have also had this problem and it has resulted in the actual death of 2 power supplies. This has left me not playing the game at the moment due to being on my final PSU which I had to buy just after the holidays

CPU: ryzen 5 2600
GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Super
MOBO: ASUS Prime B450 Plus
16 GB memory

Current PSU Couger GEX 750W - Dont want to risk this at the moment as it is my last PSU

other PSU's (Now dead) Generic 700W and Generic 650W

ASUS ROG Maximus XI Motherboard
Corsair Memory, PSU, Case, Cooling
No-Sound-Card (integrated only)

I have gone without a sound card for most of my custom rigs since the early to mid 2000s. I have found that while you can definitely get 7.1 and a full breadth of cinema quality audio, I have never needed that out of my rigs. Furthermore, a video card will always add overhead for resource management compared to on-board/integrated audio. There can be scenarios where the on-board is total crap; however, audio is the least intensive component of a computer system, especially when you realize the requirements to provide 'realistic' audio.

01 FEB 2021

Same problem, but it takes a little longer to occur now - about 10 minutes instead within the first few.

PROBLEM:
Cyberpunk hard crashes the computer forcing a full restart after critical hang. It has even caused my Windows Hello to relaunch as though it was my first time logging in (fortunately, CP does not affect any other file folders other than the OS and its own).

Troubleshooting steps added:
Reverted to N-1 WHQL version (clean install) and current version re-install (clean install) - Continued failure
Updated MOBO drivers - Continued failure
Updated to latest version of CP (1.06 21 JAN 2021) - Continued failure

It's sad that this game is unplayable, and although I'm glad I was at least able to finish it prior to the 1.04 update, I am saddened that I cannot continue to play and experience the parts of NightCity I have yet to see.

Same problem here! I recently bought a computer with the following specs:
Geforce gtx 1650 4gb
Intel i3 9100
Gigabyte H310M H2.0
Thermaltake TR2 600w
The point is that I was playing and suddenly it restarted without any cause. The temperatures of all the components were fine and there was nothing out of the ordinary. The event viewer marks a kernel power error (I know that means that it is an error of the power source itself), but the strange thing is that it only happens to me with that game. I've been playing Hitman, Skyrim, Fallout 4, Batman Arkham Knight, Assassin's Creed Unity, Resident Evil 2 Remake, Mafia Definitive Edition, Control and Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition Benchmark on high / ultra seetings without any issues. Thanks

I played this game for 50+ hours with no serious technical issues at all. Now I'm suddenly experiencing this complete PC crash/shut down & reboot bug over and over again. My rig is fine, no hardware problems, all drivers updated, all(!) other games still working. So, it's highly probable that this is a game related issue.

This is a weird issue and actually pinpoint it might be a pain in the ass. If it only occurs while you guys run cp2077 is safe to assume that it's not your guys pc but def something wrong with the game itself struggling with certain configs/drivers.

If you have the same issues across the board (meaning with other games) is def your pc. The first fix should be update/reinstall drivers (for the gpu look into using display driver uninstall) and flash your mobo with the most recent bios update, disable any overclock you have, running memtest to check if your ram is working properly and ultimately and as a last resort (for obvious reasons) a format and a clean install of all your drives (atleast the one where CP was installed) and windows, reinstalling gog and cyberpunk ONLY (even before the browsers) and then retest it.

If it was a temp related issue your pc will simply shut down, not crash (not you mention you'd def hear your pc as if it was trying to take flight lol since the cpu and case fans would spin at 100%). So i def think that most of you it's not a temps issues.

Possible causes imo (granted, if it happens with your pc in general and not just by running cp2077) faulty front panel connection from the case, making your pc reboot/shutdown randomly (especially if you get the blue windows screen saying "shutting down" or "restarting"), psu starting to fail, a defective/broken ram bank (henche why my suggestion to run memtest) making the pc hard crash.

Im having the same issue, after playing like 4 hours strait, my pc reboot out of nowhere...

Im using:
-rtx 3080
- i9 9900k
- nvme 1tb
- PSU 850w (evga)
- 16gb x 4 (64gb DDR4 - 3000mhz)
- 13 fans
- 360mm watercooler (nzxt x73)

Im starting to guess that my psu is not holding, so ill try to use two psu (i have an corsair cx 650w)

ill tell u guys later if it worked...
Post automatically merged:

Att

i turned off ray tracing and seems to be solved... I dont know why, but i guess it has something to do with psu, maybe, cuz when RT is enable, power consumption increases to 340w only on GPU and with RT off it goes down to 250w average... ill try to enable RT using 2 psu, whichs going to give me 1500w.

Last edited:
This has to be a hardware problem despite what some of you think it is not the game.
You seem to forget that this problem is very rare, and therefore likely to be a machine problem. Tens of thousands of PC players do not have this problem, which indicates that it's not the game that is the problem but something in your PC's configuration, or components that are failing to run proper.

Also when people say, (but I can play other games just fine) does not hold water. This argument comes from people who play games but have no idea how they are made. Because every game is using a different game engine, different power and CPU GPU and memory usage. And in game, they're using different shadowing, textures draw distances, and the number of objects being rendered in the game at one time. And you have to take into account the number of scripting events that are happening at any given time. Just to name a handful of things that go into running a game. So you really cannot compare one game to another as far as the way of runs.

As for myself, I have 200 hours of playing this game and except for a few minor bugs have not had any problems.

The only hardware that i think it could be messed is both memories ddr4 or psu. Actualy, i dont think they are damage, but instead, i think they are not holding, probably cuz my memories voltage are underload (im using 1.35, but i think i should use 1.4v).

Or it could be a realy psu problem, like if my psu is overload with this bunch of thing that i have in it.

So im going to test ray traycing on with memories runing at 1.4v and two psu conected, whichs going to give, as i said, 1500w power suplie...

The only hardware that i think it could be messed is both memories ddr4 or psu. Actualy, i dont think they are damage, but instead, i think they are not holding, probably cuz my memories voltage are underload (im using 1.35, but i think i should use 1.4v).

Or it could be a realy psu problem, like if my psu is overload with this bunch of thing that i have in it.

So im going to test ray traycing on with memories runing at 1.4v and two psu conected, whichs going to give, as i said, 1500w power suplie...

Before you blow up your card with two PSUs:
  • install cumulative updates for Windows 10 20H2
  • use seperate pcie cables for each 8pin connector on your 3080

Guys, this is definitely an ray traycing issue, theres no other way, cuz its only happens when i turn RT on.

After turning RT on, i canot play for more than 1 hour, but after that and depending on which part of the city i am, my pc reboot (does not only shut down, it reboots).

And if i play whithout RT, i can go for more than 1 our strait...

But this is only one point, cuz this only hapens with CP77.

I use RT on several other games and games so demanding as CP77, like marvel avengers from square enix. This game is also heavy when RT is on, but my pc does not reboot.

People keep arguing that our hardware could be damage, but i dont think so. Its prety clear that this is something with the game itself...

And i alredy tested with memories around 1.4v and it didnt solved the problem.

The only thing that solved, so far, was to disable RT.

Im kind afraid to conect two psu on my gainward phantom 3080, cuz this GPU are prety expensive and rare, but ill do, for the sake of our investigation.

However, i dont thing its going to make any diference, since i can play nicely other games, using my PSU full capacity, with RT on, with no issue.

BTW CPR SHOULD MAKE A STATEMENT ABOUT THIS, at least to tell us if any sort of update incoming will solve this...

BTW again, im using an full modular EVGA PSU, model super nova, with separeted cords for each GPU conector (my GPU have 3x8 pin conectors), so i dont think its an PSU plus GPU issue.

I keep my thoughts, about being an RT problem specificaly with this broked game.

Im using latest version of windows 10 (20H2)

Last edited:
Guys, this is definitely an ray traycing issue, theres no other way, cuz its only happens when i turn RT on.

After turning RT on, i canot play for more than 1 hour, but after that and depending on which part of the city i am, my pc reboot (does not only shut down, it reboots).

And if i play whithout RT, i can go for more than 1 our strait...

But this is only one point, cuz this only hapens with CP77.

I use RT on several other games and games so demanding as CP77, like marvel avengers from square enix. This game is also heavy when RT is on, but my pc does not reboot.

People keep arguing that our hardware could be damage, but i dont think so. Its prety clear that this is something with the game itself...

And i alredy tested with memories around 1.4v and it didnt solved the problem.

The only thing that solved, so far, was to disable RT.

Im kind afraid to conect two psu on my gainward phantom 3080, cuz this GPU are prety expensive and rare, but ill do, for the sake of our investigation.

However, i dont thing its going to make any diference, since i can play nicely other games, using my PSU full capacity, with RT on, with no issue.

BTW CPR SHOULD MAKE A STATEMENT ABOUT THIS, at least to tell us if any sort of update incoming will solve this...

BTW again, im using an full modular EVGA PSU, model super nova, with separeted cords for each GPU conector (my GPU have 3x8 pin conectors), so i dont think its an PSU plus GPU issue.

I keep my thoughts, about being an RT problem specificaly with this broked game.

Im using latest version of windows 10 (20H2)

RT is more demanding, doesn't necessarily mean it's an RT problem. It could still be a faulty psu...

and although you have the latest official version of 20H2, there still might be cumulative updates for it that you don't have installed yet. for me, one of them fixed my crashes.

Last edited:
U know what, im going a bit further, ill donwload the 21H1, from insiders program.

ill test and tell u if it solved the problem..

1614966241773.png

Im testing right now and seems to be solved, but i did a couple of things.

Im with RT ON.

But, i close two aplications: rivaturner and MSI afterburner. I heard that this game doesnt alowed anything to get hooked on it, easily.

Seems that CPRD alredy do this by Red Launcher (doesnt matter which plataform u are using, CDPR will hooked CP77 to get data for his analisys), so, if u are using msi afterburner or riva, it will cause, eventualy, trouble.

I also instaled the 21H1 windows 10 version, and no bugs till now.

Also, i gave full permission to Red laucher and CP77 on kaspersky app.

I hope i found the ansewer, cuz i like this fucking game so much, but its prety disapoint going thru all of this, just to enjoy RT...

And, at least, ill wait a litle longer to use two psu suplies, with an adapter, cuz its seems to be prety dangerous and i dont want to put my 3080 at risk...

Last edited:
Back again, dont update to 21H1 just yet, wait for oficial version, cuz this one for insiders isnt optimize and maked my FPS drop a lot... So i just reverted to last previous version the 20H1 and its fine now.

So, about the issue, i kept getin hard rebot, but after some researches i was able to find out something intersting.

This game is broken and in certain points it generates a energy spike that hits the psu so hard that it just disable.

In my case, my 850w psu was realy not enough, cuz at this pikes my psu shut down and rebot the sistem.

To prove that, i did check the events log and i saw an event caled kernel power 41, which log was set to 0 and this mean that sistem failure was cause by energi fault.

So, what i did to solve was simply conect a dedicate psu only for the gpu, and, so far, no reboots anymore.

ill tell u guys later if i get another reboot.

Im so sad to say that even with an dedicate psu only for GPU, my pc lost video last night. Didnt rebot, but CP77 sudendly got me a black screen and i had to restart sistem manualy...

Honestly, i have nothing else to do but stop playing this broked game, untill they release the patch 1.2 and test it again...

Im so upset cuz when this crashes starts, my pc gets totaly instable and i keep geting black screen.

I had even to format and re-install windows, to get stability back...

This game will kill my PC if keep trying, so im off until patch 1.2.

Cya u guys later

Im so upset cuz when this crashes starts, my pc gets totaly instable and i keep geting black screen.
Despite the danger of sounding like a broken record in every thread I try to help in:
That very much sounds like a thermal issue. Expecially since you kinda ruled out power problems already.

It also fits your description of not having the problem whithout RT, since that reduces the thermal output by ~100W.

One thing that could help is running your case open, i.e. removing the side panel.
Also make sure it has room to breathe. Nestling a beefy gaming pc into a small coompartment in your desk is not a good idea.
Since you have two power supplies already, I suspect that you have it running like that already.
But maybe after you found it working you "closed the box again", so to speak?

Thermal and power are the two most common problems with the newest generations of hardware, mostly because they overclock automatically and very agressively. Heck, some motherboards nowadays require active cooling!
Thats why it's sensible to check for those two first when troubleshooting shuttoffs under heavy load.

Honestly, i dont think this is an thermal problem, firstly cuz im using an lian li case (rog edition), with 13 cooling fans, theres even 3 fans below the gpu on ventilation mode. Theres also other fans on exaustion mode, so my air flow is pretty nice and i keep monitoring my temps, even the psu, cuz im using the corsair comander pro, which have 4 tapes to monitoring temps.

I keep runing at 72celsius on my gpu, no more than that

and something about 67 at highest pike with the cpu...

So, i dont think this is a thermal issue, but i had my distrust about that also, so ill keep checking.

BTW, CP77 is the ONLY game that causes that.

NO OTHER, even in high temps and high energy consume. Games like Marvel Avengers also consumes like 340w and make the gpu goes to 72celsius, but no black screen or crashes.

I honestly give up CP77 and ill wait for 1.2 pacth.

Cya u guys later then

Oh, forgot to say that icue tapes shows that both psu goes at 45celsius at most, no more than that, so i guess this also not a psu thermal problem

i have the same problem too
B450 plus
RYZEN 2600X
16 GB 3200Gz
TUF 3 RX 5700XT
650W overclocking EVO PSU
dunno if its really a PSU problem but it keeps crashing after some time i play this game and when the crash happens screen goes black like its turned off and also my keyboard and mouse lights turns off likes they don get any power and i have to restart the PC my self.
the exact same thing happened like 3 or 4 times with other games but only 3 or 4 times and i can play those other games but with CP77 it happens every time and i cant play the game

Last edited:
Top Bottom