Cyberpunk Roles - Which One Will You Be

+

Cyberpunk Roles - Which One Will You Be

• Total voters
I would go for Techie or Netrunner. I love the Psycho-Squad, so I possibly would give being a cop a go, aiming that on the long run.

Edit: I would add MedTech.

If I treat this game like i do most RPG's im sure i'll end up playing everything eventually. But I'll start out as solo or techie 1st and then go netrunner.

Id like it if you sort of start out as not having a class roll, How you deal with missions will open up the different class rolls and alter the story line and your ability's

I would definitely want to go Netrunner. My only concern here is how the Netrunner role is implemenated? What will the Net look like and how will we operate our avatars in the Net? I have seen some really bad versions of this in the past with Shadowrun.

I would definitely want to go Netrunner. My only concern here is how the Netrunner role is implemenated? What will the Net look like and how will we operate our avatars in the Net? I have seen some really bad versions of this in the past with Shadowrun.

The impression I've got from RED is that not all roles will be implemented. I suppose it's because not all roles would fulfil the necessary requirements for the story they've created. Or rather, are about to create. Still, this is a thread for wishful thinking and optimistic speculation :)

The impression I've got from RED is that not all roles will be implemented.

I don't disagree with you, but where did you get that impression? Did I miss an interview or something? It wasn't that Polish interview, was it? CURSED POLES THEY VEX ME. Ahem. Other than our beloved Poles, of course. You know who I mean. Wink-wink.

Well, they are being very close to the cuff about it... and each Role will require a massive in game mechanic to function correctly... Netrunners and Rockers will obviously be the most difficult... so it behooves them to not be specific yet, in case one or two do need to be cut....

I don't disagree with you, but where did you get that impression? Did I miss an interview or something? It wasn't that Polish interview, was it? CURSED POLES THEY VEX ME. Ahem. Other than our beloved Poles, of course. You know who I mean. Wink-wink.

Dem elusive poles, their secrets are closely guarded... for now! Soon I too will learn Polish, and then the secrets of the universe are MINE!

*Ehem*. Just a general "hunch" from watching some of the interviews and presentations, notably the RED conference with Pondsmith. I got a sense of the team being incredibly excited for the setting and all that but that they'll still bring their own ideas and interpretations to the table. One of those ideas having something to do with the way roles will be implemented, or rather, won't be. I don't know, I'm talking out of my ass really. Again, we know nothing. I just got a vague hunch.

Dem elusive poles, their secrets are closely guarded... for now! Soon I too will learn Polish, and then the secrets of the universe are MINE!

I read that as "secrets of the underverse" and got briefly quite excited at a CP2020/Riddick cross. Except the underverse part, ironically. That part was pants.

My first and hence more personal playthrough would be none other than the Media (if they even include it). As I said before, these archetypes whose actions aren't so based in violence are so exotic in an RPG or in a videogame.

You know, when I put myself to read Transmetropolitan the first couple of episodes rubbed me the wrong way. I didn't think Medias would play such a role in a cyberpunk setting. I thought they would be what else but puppets of corrupt governments and corporations, always censoring and filtering the more critical messages (I live in a country where there doesn't seem to exist such a thing as "facts", take as an example how media reflects the following of a protest and the numbers don't add up). But then I just loosened up a bit and said to myself: this is a cyberpunk setting where journalims "IS a thing". So maybe the Word (the newspaper on which Spider Jerusalem wrote his columns) with its ubiquitous presence and not that apathetic readers is a little "fantastic", maybe you can rework it as being somewhat of a blogger or a Julian Assange.

So, yeah, I want to roll a Media character and call him Israel Escorpio. And I want to be able to wield a handcam like it was a firearm and have it record as a mechanic (not necesarilly have real video but, I don't know, gain believability, generate "evidence" as a quest item or whatever), or have my cybereyes and cyberears record.

The next one maybe a Rockerboy, the next more exotic.

I will love to play Techie, then Media then Rockerboy however I will like something flexible at the time of play roles.

My first and hence more personal playthrough would be none other than the Media (if they even include it). As I said before, these archetypes whose actions aren't so based in violence are so exotic in an RPG or in a videogame.

You know, when I put myself to read Transmetropolitan the first couple of episodes rubbed me the wrong way. I didn't think Medias would play such a role in a cyberpunk setting. I thought they would be what else but puppets of corrupt governments and corporations, always censoring and filtering the more critical messages (I live in a country where there doesn't seem to exist such a thing as "facts", take as an example how media reflects the following of a protest and the numbers don't add up). But then I just loosened up a bit and said to myself: this is a cyberpunk setting where journalims "IS a thing". So maybe the Word (the newspaper on which Spider Jerusalem wrote his columns) with its ubiquitous presence and not that apathetic readers is a little "fantastic", maybe you can rework it as being somewhat of a blogger or a Julian Assange.

So, yeah, I want to roll a Media character and call him Israel Escorpio. And I want to be able to wield a handcam like it was a firearm and have it record as a mechanic (not necesarilly have real video but, I don't know, gain believability, generate "evidence" as a quest item or whatever), or have my cybereyes and cyberears record.

The next one maybe a Rockerboy, the next more exotic.

Yeah the non-violent route is rather underemployed in all genres, let alone RPGs. Yet if the original Deus Ex (which was released in 2000) allowed players to finish it without killing a single soul, then a high tech game released in 2015 should have no problems implementing a pacifist run. I don't know, I sure do hope that they include options but maybe it's asking too much. For now, I just hope Cyberpunk 2077 ends up being a fantastic game, worthy enough to sit in our top 10 favourite games of all time list! Or hey, maybe it's better if RED just concentrated on doing aspect of gameplay really fucking well, rather than creating 5 mediocre approaches to each mission.

Techie for me, especially if the rules allow it to mirror my current character, a fomrer combat engineer gone independent.

Built around being good at breaking into places, blowing stuff up, sneaking around and fighting with SMG or sword, as well as making/repearing gear.

Then after that probably an ultra cool fixer, all about being able to smooth talk his way through most things. (Sadly, that wa my previous character, and he ate SMG at point blank range.)

I would love to become a cop and build a team. By the way are we going to be able to join any factions at will? Like becoming a Cop but then quitting and joining the Corporate?

Top Bottom