Cyberpunk Roles - Which One Will You Be

+

Cyberpunk Roles - Which One Will You Be

• Total voters
surprised Solo isn't getting more votes, thats my second favorite class to play... but my favorite class to run is cops, or private detectives... but that requires the game to be geared almost solely around them.

My other favorite classes to run games for are nomads, and military campaigns... they give me a structure to work with and keep everyone on the same page...

Same here, loved playing my solo and really wish I coulda got somewhere with the second solo I had started up. But then I had a corporate I had started at one time before real life intervene and I lost that particular character sheet that I was finding interesting to play. With 2077 I will definitely try to remake my first solo.

Yeah exactly. It can't really be some overarching "save the world" bullshit hack plot. It's gotta be something really personal, featuring engaging characters and a well developed, tight plot. Create a vigilante gang to combat a new corporation in town, steal supplies to undermine the power of a megalomaniac kingpin. Something like that.

Reminds me of the game I mainly ran in, I don't remember much of the plot but it was along the lines of a long reaching plot of trying to sabotage Arasaka or some other mega-corp. Though it did get kind of silly when ghosts and psychics started popping up and when some of the players were allowed to have what I would call absurd total cyberconversions like Rache ol' boy who was allowed to TC his character into a transformer by the name of Optimal Optimus and another guy got to get his FC into a mech from Battletech. While my poor little solo set there with just a basic cyber hand, though he did get a heavily customized Jaguar XJ220C-P.

- Corporate (even I don't have much hope it could be perfectly implemented with much more than gimmicks)
- Solo (all your gadgets are belong to me)
- Fixer (the true life on the edge)

I think something unique to do would be missions change depending on what role you focused on. So for example, a cop might have a mission to go hunt down a criminal, while a techie on the same mission might need to do something to help that same objective get done, but you are coming at it from a different angle or even more badass would be you are supporting the role you would have done as a Cop or whatever. Either way, I'm looking at either a techie or netrunner first, both were my favorite things in the PnP game :)

Techie, well, just because that's how I roll. I also like playing Fixer characters, and I'd like to see how Media works out.

I agree, the presence of different roles calls for different ways to carry out missions. A well-developed Techie should be able to MacGyver his way through anything; a Fixer should have a tongue that can turn away bullets (figuratively, of course).

I'd like to see something other than the common "everything converges on a tank" RPG character development. Abilities and disabilities of the different roles should make it easy to follow certain development paths and very difficult to follow others.

It's kind of a dream that I won't expect to see in the game, but... Rockerboy.

I want to inspire, and agitate the apathetic populace of the Cyberpunk world, to spread the truth, spark revolution, and in my dying blaze of glory, see a corp fall from a spontaneous army of civilians rising up to make their own change.

I don't know whether or not there will actually be roles in this game, but since they're "staying faithful" to the original cyberpunk, I'm guessing I'd go Media first, Netrunner second, and Cop third. They're very different from each other in terms of play-style, so I think I'd try those guys out first.

Yngh

Forum veteran
IMO some roles will be quite hard to implement. Media? Rockerboy? How are these supposed to work in-game? I'm no CP expert, but I think that some of the roles will either be dropped or their functionality will be considerably changed.

Probably gonna go with Media (if its available). Can't say that I've ever played a role like that in any rpg and I'm just interested in what they could do with it!
Otherwise, Techie and Solo sound like a lot of fun too. :)

I don't know whether or not there will actually be roles in this game, but since they're "staying faithful" to the original cyberpunk, I'm guessing I'd go Media first, Netrunner second, and Cop third. They're very different from each other in terms of play-style, so I think I'd try those guys out first.

IMO some roles will be quite hard to implement. Media? Rockerboy? How are these supposed to work in-game? I'm no CP expert, but I think that some of the roles will either be dropped or their functionality will be considerably changed.

It does sound tricky as hell and there are no official statements regarding how roles will work or whether they'll even be in the game. This is a thread mostly to state our preferences for which role we'll be playing as and discuss how roles potentially could work in-game etc.

I do hope they'll all be implemented. It'll be absolutely amazing to see them all in play and I think it's safe to say that CDPR will be breaking new grounds when it comes to RPG design :)

Hopefully this game mechanic, is not solely reliant on roles/classes(I.E Traditional RPG/MMO style...yeck) as a bridge point into cyberpunk since it's in noway near. A nonlinear (In a Video GAME setting, compered to the PnP 2020 ) choices, the character career system should be something you learn over the course of the game yourself with the help of npcs not chosen.

Through a menu maybe there should be a few basic generic layout to pick from. Then from there you shape and mold your character around including the interacting with night city..etc, each piece (Role/Class/Hobby/Character Career) could/should help your character grow in many different ways, (An like some one said) this aspect of the game shouldn't pigeon hold you through you're player experience...it should be about the evolution of your second personal.

So give me All of thy Above! (3 Character personality/Career/skill/knowledge/ability..etc Building blocks)

I want to be born a Nomad, raised a Solo. Family with Fixers and Netrunners. As well as being a Rockerboy at heart.

=]

Naturally I'm a Solo, always the silent assassin type character in every RPG.

For me, Netrunner. Playing Netrunner was the only time I got close to "hacking" gameplay, but that was only because my GM had this wicked system of his own. Basically, Jack DA Hopper saw the world trough aug(illegal) virtual reality. Everything was diagnosed by a "Friend Computer" AI in Jacks brain, played by the GM.

In play, GM had this whole "system" for Jacks Friend Computer that I controlled with written notes given in secret to the GM. Output was similarly in written notes. All hacking and stuff was done by Friend Computer which gave us the players the freedom to play together constantly without huge hiccups with hacking.

Now that I think about it, I might do a small program to simulate Jacks Friend Computer when I have time. Cyberpunk fever for edge is taking hold of me again.

Anyway, other classes that I'd love to play: Media and Corporate. Investigation and cut-throat intrigue would be fun.

For me, Netrunner. Playing Netrunner was the only time I got close to "hacking" gameplay, but that was only because my GM had this wicked system of his own. Basically, Jack DA Hopper saw the world trough aug(illegal) virtual reality. Everything was diagnosed by a "Friend Computer" AI in Jacks brain, played by the GM.

In play, GM had this whole "system" for Jacks Friend Computer that I controlled with written notes given in secret to the GM. Output was similarly in written notes. All hacking and stuff was done by Friend Computer which gave us the players the freedom to play together constantly without huge hiccups with hacking.

Now that I think about it, I might do a small program to simulate Jacks Friend Computer when I have time. Cyberpunk fever for edge is taking hold of me again.

Anyway, other classes that I'd love to play: Media and Corporate. Investigation and cut-throat intrigue would be fun.

That sounds cool as hell! I bet Red could take that concept and integrate into gameplay in a really creative and haunting way. Is what you see truly what you see or merely a virus the AI is experiencing? Pretty intriguing stuff :)

Top Bottom