Cyberpunk RT settings broken?

+
PC Specs: RTX 4090 i7-13700k DDR5 5600 RAM
Game Version: 1.61
GPU Driver: 528.02

I've been playing around the start of the game with max everything and DLSS quality, but the ray tracing seems to be not working or partially working.
For example, the top half is a screenshot from my setup max everything (except DLSS quality) the image looks non ray traced it has a very bright blue appearance in the scene when it's not supposed to be. Meanwhile, if you look at the bottom half of the image it's from Digital Foundry and their comparison where it looks realistic and shadows are correct both screenshots are taken late in the afternoon. Is this a known bug, or is there something wrong with my setup?
Image: https://postimg.cc/8JvMzF7Z

Troubleshooting steps taken:
- Verify game integrity via steam
- Reinstalled Graphics Driver with default settings and clean installation

Last edited:
On your screenshot, it seems very bright (too much) and for example, I imagine that behind Dex there should be his shadow (or just "some shadows", because there doesn't seem to be any at all).

No mods, it's 100% vanilla ? (never used mods or at least, you perform a clean install of the game).
The same scene without RT look also very bright ?

Yea I agree with your points and no I don't have mods installed, this is a fresh install that was done today and yep the same scene without RT looks identical except it uses screen space shadows (or ambient occlusion) behind Dex near the seat but the overall scene RT on/off looks identical which it shouldn't be from what I've seen

Not sure why :(
(normally, even RT reflexions should look awesome, but looking of Dex glasses, doesn't seem to be the case on your side)
Just for comparison :
You have other games where Ray Tracing (shadow/reflexions/...) work properly ?
At first, I recommand to directly send a ticket to the support for help (the sooner, the better) > "Contact Us" button

Not sure why :(
(normally, even RT reflexions should look awesome, but looking of Dex glasses, doesn't seem to be the case on your side)
Just for comparison :
You have other games where Ray Tracing (shadow/reflexions/...) work properly ?
At first, I recommand to directly send a ticket to the support for help (the sooner, the better) > "Contact Us" button
Yes other ray tracing games work just fine but yes I'll report it to the Cyberpunk team, thanks for your help I might try and reinstall the game again to see if that potentially fixes it, really weird though considering this is a clean installation with no mods, thanks for your help!

They broke it after one of the latest patches, specifically in that scene. Or maybe it was an intentional downgrade, but I don't understand the point

Guest 4561861

What's your screen resolution? Your 4090 seems to be working very hard for a DLSS run, so RT should be shining in this scene.

What's your screen resolution? Your 4090 seems to be working very hard for a DLSS run, so RT should be shining in this scene.
4k screen running game at 4k. Yea I was thinking the same, maybe they downgraded or some bug where it's being rendered internally but not being outputted in the frame buffer. I do notice that ray traced shadows and reflections sometimes work but in other scenes it looks completely off (including the car ride)

Guest 4561861

I've just been playing through this scene with different dlss and RT settings on my rtx 3090. Everything seems to be working fine. I do notice the RT Psycho settings do make things (especially Dex's golden arm cyberware) brighter, such as in your image, and that does block other reflections from appearing. RT in Ultra does look better than Psycho.

With a 4090, you may want to turn off DLSS. Your card sould hit 4k at 60 fps without breaking a sweat.

Top Bottom