Cyberpunk Sequel?

+
As you know, CDPR said that they will do 2 AAA games on the witcher and cyberpunk series, recently the developers announced a witcher new saga, do you think a new cyberpunk is being developed now?

They might be thinking about it or do some planning for it but since they are not done with Cp2077 yet i seriously doubt they are actually working on it. More likely is that they are working on Expansions and free DLC and patches ofc. Think that is the plan moving forward. Develop a new game and support a "newly" released one at the same time.

They might be thinking about it or do some planning for it but since they are not done with Cp2077 yet i seriously doubt they are actually working on it. More likely is that they are working on Expansions and free DLC and patches ofc. Think that is the plan moving forward. Develop a new game and support a "newly" released one at the same time.
pawel confirmed he is working on an expansion for cyberpunk..
1649258461912.png

The primary focus for the "CP world" is definitely expansions this has been confirmed. The original plan I believe was for 2 expansions and that will probably be what we get so any full sequel is probably a long way off.

Having said that I would not be surprised if the next CP game is in very early development, General gameplay ideas/ Early Story boards/Concept art/etc... but active development with a full team definitely not, especially since we Know we're getting Expansions for CP2077, The Witcher 4, and a smaller scale game somewhere in the near future I would assume at least one of those will need to be finished or mostly finished before they pull too many resources towards a sequel

I want more cyberpunk games. There’s not enough of them. Hopefully CDPR doesn’t drop the ball with the sequel.

that being said, there’s a lot of good to live up to from the original. An amazing soundtrack with a wide range of artists being the big example for me.

will the artists want to work with CDPR after they saw the reception CP77 got?

I just know that by the time 2035, I will have a sequel of Cyberpunk 2077 sitting in my library.

No.

I think that they have another year or two with this one before they start any detailed planning for the next one. They've probably brainstormed a few ideas, but not much more than that.

My suggestion for a sequel is not locking 80% of the gigs and sidequests behind a story mission that sets a timebomb in your head.

Seriously, the game should have been about building up street cred in non-linear fashion to advance the story with the heist coming up near the end of the game as you finally earn Dex's trust to get the job.

That V is only allowed to pursue most of the game's side content after getting a time bomb in their head really breaks immersion.

My suggestion for a sequel is not locking 80% of the gigs and sidequests behind a story mission that sets a timebomb in your head.

Seriously, the game should have been about building up street cred in non-linear fashion to advance the story with the heist coming up near the end of the game as you finally earn Dex's trust to get the job.

That V is only allowed to pursue most of the game's side content after getting a time bomb in their head really breaks immersion.
If you consider that the story is about V who rising to the top and become a legend, yep for sure it's break the "story"... But the story is about the Relic/Johnny and V trying to cheat death :)

Edit : If you ask me, I would lock everything before the heist (no GIG, no quest and maybe no NCPD scanner hustles too), because Dex don't search to hire "good and famous mercs", he simply search to hire two unexperimented dudes to "most probably" betray them after the job...

Last edited:
If you consider that the story is about V who rising to the top and become a legend, yep for sure it's break the "story"... But the story is about the Relic/Johnny and V trying to cheat death :)

Edit : If you ask me, I would lock everything before the heist (no GIG, no quest and maybe no NCPD scanner hustles too), because Dex don't search to hire "good and famous mercs", he simply search to hire two unexperimented dudes to "most probably" betray them after the job...
They should have given us a longer origin in this case and intertwined it with our reasons to go for the heist.

Dex choses V because she shows promise and that promise should have come either from their origin or street cred.

Dex chose V and Jackie because they're expendable gonks, inexperienced and dumb enough to accept his job offer. His plan sucked.
It's not until you meet Rogue that you start working with the fixer who's actually competent and resourceful.
I'ms till surprised that some players think that Dex hired V and Jackie for another reason than they are two unexperimented and unknown mercs gonks (who think that they win a "free" pass for the major league with Dex...) :D
Post automatically merged:

Edit : But I can understand it could seem weird that Dex hired V and Jackie very soon in the story if you believe he did that because he search "good mercs". Because indeed, V and Jackie are nor good nor famous...

Last edited:

Guest 3847602

I'ms till surprised that some players think that Dex hired V and Jackie for another reason than they are two unexperimented and unknown mercs gonks (who think that they win a "free" pass for the major league with Dex...) :D
I've no idea how. Even before the heist there's enough foreshadowing, but after playing through the heist, after beating the game, it should be 100% clear that both Dex and T-Bug are relatively small-time players.
We were not working with elite. They were not looking for elite.

V and Jackie were small fishes, but Dex was professional and i knew they can do it. But nobody expected that the emperor will be killed at the same time at the same place. If saburo srasaka wasnt killed, they could make a clear job (unspotted)

I don't think they're working on the sequel right now. I'm pretty sure the majority of the studio has shifted focus to The Witcher 4 and the rest are working on more DLC and expansions for Cyberpunk. They will likely start on the sequel once all the 2077 content has been released and the Witcher is either out or close to it.

Post automatically merged:

Edit : But I can understand it could seem weird that Dex hired V and Jackie very soon in the story if you believe he did that because he search "good mercs". Because indeed, V and Jackie are nor good nor famous...
The problem with how the Heist takes place in the story is that it's aftermath leaves V with little time left for gigs and sidejobs but the game only unlocks most of them after you are forced to die in a stupid fashion and getting a time bomb in your head.

The premise also doesn't work depending on V's origin, level and street reputation.

I can see Street Kid and Nomad V getting fooled into working with Dex but Corpo V knows enough intrigue to see through that sort of stuff easily.

In my view they should have stuck to the trailers and let V beat the shit out of Dex and his body guard.

The biochip being stuck and activating could have been explained by the device's own security system coming online upon finding an adequate host, i.e. not doing anything to Jackie but fusing with V.

The idea of placing the heist early in the game also doesn't work because it should have triggered a massive bounty on V's head from Yorinobu and every fixer in town would have turned traitor or at least burned bridges due to V botching this huge job and attracting the ire of Arasaka.

The bulk of the game should have happened before the Heist with Jackie being an optional back up for some gigs where we hear his opinion instead of Johnny's.

Top Bottom