Cyberpunk Short Film Theater

+
Cyberpunk Short Film Theater

So I just thought that we might dedicate a single thread, and one in the Fan Art section (seeing that we already have things like music and individual threads devoted to particular videos like True Skin and Urbance that could be lost to other people just passing by for the lack of bumps), to collecting short films of cyberpunk thematic. I think I'll use this first post as an index directing people to the page or the url where the video has been embeded or hosted, to keep this tidy and have every video get a chance at divulgation. I know I risk getting too little attention to each individual video, but my bet as I said is on ease of finding. Also, putting the URLs might defeat the purpose for the embedded videos, but I figured some people might find different options more comfortable.

These are the Cyberpunk available at our theater so far:

- The 3rd Letter (Watch Here or on Youtube).
- ABE (Watch Here or on Youtube)
- The Akira Project (Watch here or on Youtube)
- Arlo: The Assassin (Watch Here or on Youtube)
- Atomic Café (Watch Here or on Youtube)
- Augmented (Watch Here or on Youtube)
- Azriel (Watch Here or on Youtube)
- Bartkira (Trailer Here or on Youtube)
- Battle Angel Alita (Gunnm) Fan-Made Trailer (Watch Here or on Youtube)
- Blade Runner 2049 Official Short Tie-ins:
- Blackout 2022 (Watch Here or on Youtube)
- 2036: Nexus Dawn (Watch Here or on Youtube)
- 2048: Nowhere to run (Watch Here or on Youtube)
- Bodymod (Watch Here or on Youtube)
- 「ブレイカー」BREAKER (Watch Here or on Youtube)
- Bubblegum Crisis Stop Motion Animation (Watch Here. Youtube links: Ep. 1 and Ep. 2).
- CONTROLLER (Watch Here or on Vimeo).
- Cyberpunk Samurai (Watch Here or on Youtube)
- Deus Ex Human Revolution fan film (Watch Here or on Youtube)
- Deus Ex by Leo Tierney (Watch Here. Youtube Links Ep. 1, Ep. 2, Ep. 3)
- Disarm (Watch Here or on Youtube).
- Dystopia (Watch Here or on Youtube)
- Ecstasy Boulevard (Watch Here or on Youtube).
- Electronic Labyrinth THX 1138 4AEB (Watch Here or on Youtube).
- Exit Plan (Watch Here or on Youtube).
- The Final Moments of Karl Brant (Watch Here or on Youtube).
- Free Zone (Watch Here or on Youtube).
- From the future with love:"Trailer"/"EP1" (Watch Here or on Youtube).
- Future Night and Future Nights the Beginning (Watch here or on Youtube EP1, EP2)
- The Gamers: Natural One (Watch here or on Youtube)
- A Ghost in the System (Watch Here or on Youtube)
- The Gift (Watch Here or on Youtube)
- I.R.I.S. (Watch Here or on Youtube)
- Keloid or K3LOID (Watch Here or on Vimeo).
- Lithium (Watch Here or on Youtube).
- Lost boy (Watch Here or on Youtube)
- Mad Max: Road Kill BB1 (Watch Here or on Youtube)
- Mech: Human Trials (Watch Here or on Youtube).
- Memorize (Watch Here or on Vimeo).
- The Nostalgist (Watch Here or on Youtube).
- Offline (Trailer)
- Perspective (Watch Here or on Youtube).
- Plurality (Watch Here or on Youtube).
- Posthuman (Watch Here or on Youtube).
- Prism (Niko Pueringer and Sam Gorski's Prism) (Watch Here or on Youtube).
- Prism (Jackson Miller's Prism) (Watch Here or on Youtube)
- Project 2501 (Watch here or on Vimeo)
- Rise (Watch Here or on Youtube)
- R.O.A.C.H. (Watch Here or on Youtube)
- Robot Hunter (Watch Here or on Youtube)
- Rosa (Watch Here or on Youtube)
- Runaway (Watch Here or on Youtube)
- Sentient (Watch Here or on Youtube).
- Shadowrun - film fin d'étude (Watch Here or on Vimeo)
- Shifter (Watch Here or on Youtube).
- Shinjuku: The Film (Watch Here or on Youtube)
- Sight (Watch Here or on Youtube)
- State of Syn (Watch Here or on Youtube)
- Sync (Watch the Series here)
- Sync by Hazraf Dullul (Watch Here or on Youtube)
- Tears in the Rain by Christopher Grant Harvey (Watch Here or on Youtube)
- Tears in the Rain by Masanori Yamaguchi (Watch Here or on Youtube)
- Tears of Steel (Watch Here or on Youtube)
- Tetra Vaal (Watch Here or on Youtube).
- Thieves (Watch Here or on Youtube)
- Thousandth Street (Watch Here or on Vimeo).
- True Skin (Watch Here or on Vimeo or on Youtube).
- Urbance (Watch Here or on Vimeo)
- Viktoria Modesta (Watch Here or on Youtube)
- What's up Hong Kong? (Watch here or on Youtube)
- X-STORY (Watch Here or on Youtube)

NEW CATEGORY!! CYBOMERCIALS!!

- Murphy's Irish Stout - Anime Commercial: (Watch Here or on Youtube)

Last edited:
Memorize by Jimmy Eriksson and Eric Ramberg:

Cool concept, great gear, some reminiscences of Syndicate and good AR and projection special effects.

Perspective by Mehmet Can Koçak, Nazım Çınar and Mustafa Koç.

This film isn't afraid of using outdated cyberpunk paraphernalia like cyberdecks with cassette based software. It can also give you an idea of how Brandancing (Simstim or Simsense) can be used in a story.

Posthuman by Cole Drumb with Humouring The Fates studio.

Warning, it contains psionic powers and bloody explosions. Great animation, great character designs. It has the vibe of Peter Chung's animation plus some of Akira's tropes and also cyberpunk hackers.

Short animation based on CDPR's artwork, made by me and myself... Link here

Well, you have the image, for the sound you'll have to wait till I have some practice... :)

Prism, Corridor Digital

Prism, made by Corridor Digital, is an action/sci-fi short film. The overall quality is, in my opinion excellent, the only thing that could improve the cyberpunk atmosphere would be a darker, grimmer general look. Yet, you get massive action, stunning VFX and a nice cyberpunk-like story, with corpos, private milicia, runners and co. Link here.

Enjoy, (there is also a lot of very nice things to learn about VFX in the making-of)

Posthuman by Cole Drumb with Humouring The Fates studio.

Warning, it contains psionic powers and bloody explosions. Great animation, great character designs. It has the vibe of Peter Chung's animation plus some of Akira's tropes and also cyberpunk hackers.

that was awesome

Short animation based on CDPR's artwork, made by me and myself...

Well, you have the image, for the sound you'll have to wait till I have some practice... :)

That looks awesome! I would love to hear some kind of city background or gun shot sounds in it.

To OP: That Keloid trailer is just absolutely badass :D

CONTROLLER by Saman Kesh.

A pretty recent work (1st August 2013) Don't know what to make of the story and the powers (other than they lend themselves for some really cool -and sometimes hilarious- scenes), but it has fights in office cubicles between medical mask wearing sararimen and some "Daft Punk cosplayer".

CONTROLLER also has a prequel (since 2nd August 2013), I_U, which almost completely lacks any cyberpunk (there's only a billboard that can imply it... and we knowing how it relates to CONTROLLER after seeing it). It's basically a different montage of the flashback scenes in the earlier video.

You should add this one to the list:

[video=youtube;-1RxzAXlrz4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-1RxzAXlrz4[/video]

PRISM was cool. Sure, the technology was too advanced and it has untrained shooters beat trained ones... but man, those action scenes were too fun and well done (and the effects were always awesome). Not very grim either, but a happier cyberpunk every once in a while is good for a change.

From the future with love: it says there it's a trailer, but it feels more like a first episode... because it seems it's going to be a web series. The corporate police gear reminded me of the upcoming Satellite Reign, and also had that thing going with the police ligths that reminded me of Appleseed's police landmates. Amazing special effects for the aerodynes, the drones (cyberforms, small robots) of varying shapes... and the classic topic on the privatization of public services like the police forces that I always appreciate.

Keep them coming!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

The Final Moments of Karl Brant by M. Francis Wilson:

[video=youtube;jFotiDbj-D4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFotiDbj-D4&list=WLE27E9FF2F88B5CB3[/video]

Hope it's not much of a spoiler, as it comes pretty soon in the video but.... just e-ghosts!

Thousandth Street by Alexis Amant, Jérémy Nguyen, Ghali Ouazzany and Maxime Servoise

Not a lot of action, but the visuals inspired by Blade Runner and Minority Report are pretty cool. It's a pity we don't get to see more of the city, because its design looks promising.

Plurality by Dennis Liu and Ryan Condal.

The ending reveals are disappinting as they not only include elements extraneous to cyberpunk and more regular sci-fi and... not sure they even work even if you give them the benefit of suspension of disbelief. The visuals and the setting itself are top notch, though. Let's see what you make of it all.

Plurality
The ending reveals are disappinting as they not only include elements extraneous to cyberpunk and more regular sci-fi and... not sure they even work even if you give them the benefit of suspension of disbelief. The visuals and the setting itself are top notch, though. Let's see what you make of it all.

I wasn't disappointed by the ending, though it would have been less predictable if she hadn't made such a point of him 'not being safe'.

The Gift, by Carl E. Rinsch and BLR VFX.

Set in Moscow. Has some nods to Blade Runner and Count Zero I guess? Maybe I'm looking too much into it? The special effects are pretty good, and mostly they're quite well integrated with the live action images. The design of the robots and the gear in general is also pretty original.

I love the look of the android. The Romanesque styling lends it a real air of refinement. It looks like the owner is old money and has sophisticated tastes.

wow those are all waaay awesome. Here is one, less on the cyberpunk side, more on the horror sci-fi side but it's still kinda cool and creepy.

Sight by Eran May-raz and Daniel Lazo.

See all the things you can do with your cybernetic eyes... like... becoming some kind of cyberpsycho? Judge for yourselves.

Top Bottom