Cyberpunk Soundtrack

+
Final version. I put this off for a while, but now I'm finished. Let me know what you think and, if possible, who I should contact for potential synchronization. Thanks.

https://soundcloud.com/ethonaut/night-city-2077

Nice song!
You should try to find CDPR's mail and send them your file, anyway I think you'd have more luck with it than if I'd send them my band's one lol

Now they SOUND CyberPunk !

If you dig those kind of sound, you can also check

CYANOTIC
Insurgence
Programmed

AMBASSADOR 21
FuckAllSystems
[video=youtube;legLvV-SL6c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=legLvV-SL6c[/video]

ACUMEN NATION
F.W.M

REVOLTER
In Nomine Patris

Heh...
Actually I'm more a Mozart, ELO, and Beach Boys type myself (why I earlier in this thread referenced some good Spanish Guitar).
But that doesn't mean I can't appreciate something that "sounds" right and "fits" a concept.

Heh...
Actually I'm more a Mozart, ELO, and Beach Boys type myself (why I earlier in this thread referenced some good Spanish Guitar).
But that doesn't mean I can't appreciate something that "sounds" right and "fits" a concept.

Oh ok, then "oops" lol

Forum veteran
Transistor (which released less than a week ago) has amazing music that fits its futuristic setting without ever being screamy or angry-sounding. Here's my favorite track, which I've had stuck in my head for days:

I really hope the soundtrack veers more in that direction than the stuff that sounds like a screamo band being tortured in a warehouse.

I really hope the soundtrack veers more in that direction than the stuff that sounds like a screamo band being tortured in a warehouse.

If they plan to use the music in an athmospheric way, there are good chances that there will have a wide choices of different kind of music depending on the place you'll be.
I'd hardly see an Edgerunner bar, filled with enhanced freaks, playing Shoegaze music, the same as a classy Corporate Plaza's restaurant will hardly play any Slayer songs lol.

The game needs to present a wide variety of styles and different vibe to keeping it grounded in "reallity" IMO, by 2077 they'll probably keep listening the same thing peoples listens to now, just look at the evolution of the music as a whole, it doesn't evolve that much, the same stuff goes back and forth, sounds will change a lil, production too, but unless they come with a revolutionary new music style, you'll still have people listening to the kind of music we have nowadays (peoples keep on listening to Elvis, The Beattles or even Jazz today, and bands like Public Enemy and Iron Maiden keeps selling Albums and doing magazine covers), plus, It's Cyberpunk, not Mass Effect, no "let's take a trip in the cool future with futuristic music", don't get me wrong, the song you posted is cool, and I look forward to having those kind of futuristic songs too
Btw, CARBON BASED LIFEFORMS is really cool in the genre:
TORRENT VACCINE too

But I'd rolls my eyes if every punks in 60years from now would listens to Neurofunks or Dubstep, sure it's futurist, but it's a street level kind of futurism, with dirty bums and crackheads amond classy and stylish people, I'd see it more like walking before a bar who'd blast electro, then walking in front of one blasting some, let's say Death Metal, and then hearing a bunch of old-school hip hop comming from another bar, as a guy pass in front of me, blasting some Daft Punk in his car, that would make the world way more living and credible IMO, a mix between different vibes and culture to create a whole universe, that's the point, I think.
That said you're right, they need to implement as much different things as they can.

And, just thinking about this.
You want to create an immersive Night City?
Don't put any background music!
Let the City talks for itself!
With music blasting from bulding, from car, hearing people tchat, etc...
Cyberpunk isn't Star Trek or some kind of Mass Effect, space opera game, if you want to describe a realistic dark close future, grounded in our society, you'll have to do a huge work on mixing a lot of different styles into it, punks will keep on listening to punks, and electro-head, keep on electro, etc...
That's what i look forward, soundtrack speaking, a huge variety of sound and athmosphere, I'd say a whole street cover with graffiti and corpses among the garbages would need some kind of music, and a classy zone of Night City's center would need totally the opposite.

Just my 2cents.

Forum veteran
And, just thinking about this.
You want to create an immersive Night City?
Don't put any background music!
Let the City talks for itself!
With music blasting from bulding, from car, hearing people tchat, etc...
I couldn't possibly disagree with this more. Good background music is important to contributing a lot of things: atmosphere, tension, gravitas, and even a sense of release. While many other open-world games (usually the ones with "radio stations") don't bother, those games also rarely have interesting stories that music could possibly contribute to. I'd hope that 2077 is an exception to that, because there's no way I'm going to pick this game up if it's anything like a GTA game.

Something that would be cool to see would be if the game had "themes," but if they changed based on where you were. Like one part of the city played the theme with heavy guitar, another one used strings, and another had harp or something. If they were all playing simultaneously and fading in and out volume-wise depending on how close you are to certain areas, you could actually use the music to navigate the city.

Fire Emblem: Awakening did something kind of similar to this; the "map" and "battle" themes for each chapter are identical in that they both have the same notes and tempo, but one is much more upbeat. Jumping into battle from the map, the music switches to the upbeat version at the same point in the track as the map music was at. If there were multiple versions of each track in 2077, they could even be blended so that the volume level stays consistent, but the theme is dynamic based on where you're standing in the city. That way there could be different styles representing the different groups and cultures of the city without needing to create a disastrous cacophony of NPCs' music coming at you from all directions, and the identical melodies all versions share would also allow for unique themes that can be used throughout the game to subtly tie different elements together.

Final version. I put this off for a while, but now I'm finished. Let me know what you think and, if possible, who I should contact for potential synchronization. Thanks.

https://soundcloud.com/ethonaut/night-city-2077
Synthastic, good sir. Synthastic.

I would love to cruise around with whatever vehicle to this song. I could even imagine some intense chase sequence with it playing in the background:

Last edited:
Couple approached me on the traffic lights and asked "who's song is it?" I was playing it pretty loud on my car speakers. Love it.

Some music that could fit, too.
I hope the game dont get to retro.

Really nice!
Reminds me a little about CARBON BASED LIFEFORM
Btw, don't worry too much, I think the game's soundtrack will feature a large variety of different style.

On the topic.
YOUTH CODE

Carried Mask

No Animal Escapes

Sick Skinned
[video=youtube;HJhz-Kx_flQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJhz-Kx_flQ[/video]

Last edited:
this is still one of my favourite threads in the whole forum here are over hundred pages full of insprational music and i am sure CD is listening to everything and making notes

Top Bottom