Cyberpunk Soundtrack

+
I recently have rewatched the Matrix trilogy movie, I think the club scene in revolution quite fit in with the cyberpunk universe.

Some other music scores in the movie also have a futuristic feel to it. Like, Navras by Juna Reactor/Don Davis.

I know the 48 min video tell us they are making a lot of new music for the game, I think they can draw some inspiration from the Matrix, as the matrix world often have a futuristic and rebellious tone to it.

Just a suggestion, what other music from other game or media you guys think will suit the Cyberpunk 2077 universe?
QQ截图20181129150818.jpg

I always find it fascinating how many people actually like the Navras soundtrack. It's a dope remix of an Indian prayer that I was taught in school. I, personally, found it a chore to recite it every day, for years, during the school's morning assemblies.

Don Davis and Juno Reactor have definitely made it more pleasant than it has any right to be. In fact, I think my school even used stole the soundtrack in 2004 and used it on a bunch of festive occasions as reception music.

Anyway, I think it was perfect for Matrix, but I don't think it or similar soundtracks would work for CP2077. Matrix had various religious themes. Buddhist, Hindu, Christianity etc. CP2077, so far from what they've shown, doesn't feel like it's got any religious themes. I feel like Perturbator, Carpenter Brut, Droid Bishop, Gunship and even Juno Reactor's other works would be a better influence for CP2077, imo.

I do love that 90's electronica and industrial still feel futuristic even now 20-30 years later. I'm hoping for a variety of music, I can deal with just about any genre or even song, but I always imagined the sound of overpopulated cyberpunk streets as a caucophony of niches. To this end, I'd much prefer music that they attempt to sound like its own thing to music I actually enjoy, come up with new genres, mixes, etc for 2077 like electro-tribal-funk or industrial-motown.

Just a few songs running around on my playlist.

Witch House
Flesh - Black Crown

Electro Ambiance
Forest Swords - Crow

Amp'd Rock
Coyote Kisses - Six Shooter

Rap/Rock?
grandson - Stick Up

I was going to add "Grimes - We Appreciate Power" but apparently that is already on the radar.

Last edited:
Hey all,

So I've got a personal project going. For awhile now, I've been currating music playlists that attempt to try to capture the economic and cultural identities of the announced NIGHT CITY districts. I'm also putting together playlists related to other things that happen in Night City (Like Joyboys and Joygirls). But as you guys know, there isn't much official info to go on.

I'm trying to avoid falling into the trap of just slapping in a bunch of Synthwave tracks and calling it a day. (While I enjoy Synthwave) Night City culture is more nuanced than that. I'm starting with 4-6 tracks as style references first and then want to iterate and get closer to the mark as more info from CDPR becomes available.

The end goal is to post the links to the community for use in pen and paper games, to just get hyped for 2077, or to pitch to CDPR as suggestions (since music licensing usually happens late in development).

Everybody's musical tastes are different, so I don't expect everyone to be feeling what I'm doing. I'm trying to do something a bit different here and different is always risky. But if you like what you hear, let CDPR know! This is WORK IN PROGRESS. Good headphones or speakers recommended.

"I'm not a whore. I'm a call-girl. There's a difference, you know ?" -Alabama Whitman

https://soundcloud.com/user-227051119%2Fsets%2Fcyberpunk_2077_joyboys-and

Last edited:
I get what you are aiming for. What I don't know is: are this threads supposed to also have song suggestions from users?

I'm all ears. Ultimately, only CDPR knows what they are going for stylistically. I have my own ideas, being an old school 2020 guy who is kind of operating without direction from CDPR. So of course my ideal situation would be that they hear and like my take on it.

If you guys want to pitch tracks that you think match the style references here, go for it. Or if you prefer an alternate take on the musical direction, by all means petition CDPR as well. I think all of us just want to see 2077 become the best game possible, and I'm not going to take it personally if CDPR has a different vision than I do on some of the music. So far, I've liked the direction they are going and hope they'll think the same of some of where I would go with it, were it up to me.

What is your opinion of the style references I've included here? Like them? Don't like them? See where I'm going but disagree? I want to hear what you guys think. Thanks.

Hey all,

So I've got a personal project going. For awhile now, I've been currating music playlists that attempt to try to capture the economic and cultural identities of the announced NIGHT CITY districts. I'm also putting together playlists related to other things that happen in Night City (Like Joyboys and Joygirls). But as you guys know, there isn't much official info to go on.

I'm trying to avoid falling into the trap of just slapping in a bunch of Synthwave tracks and calling it a day. (While I enjoy Synthwave) Night City culture is more nuanced than that. I'm starting with 4-6 tracks as style references first and then want to iterate and get closer to the mark as more info from CDPR becomes available.

The end goal is to post the links to the community for use in pen and paper games, to just get hyped for 2077, or to pitch to CDPR as suggestions (since music licensing usually happens late in development).

Everybody's musical tastes are different, so I don't expect everyone to be feeling what I'm doing. I'm trying to do something a bit different here and different is always risky. But if you like what you hear, let CDPR know! This is WORK IN PROGRESS. Good headphones or speakers recommended.

"I'm not a whore. I'm a call-girl. There's a difference, you know ?" -Alabama Whitman
Thread merged into Cyberpunk Soundtrack. I made a playlist back when E3 trailer dropped.
My unofficial CP 2077 E3 soundtrack:

1.) Pure Imagination by Ghost Writer (first 56 seconds)
2.) Bullets by Archive (first 5 minutes and 20 seconds)
3.) All My Life by the Foo Fighters
4.) I Might be Wrong by Radiohead
5.) Spoiler by Hyper
6.) Make Yourself by Incubus
7.) Seven Nation Army by the White Stripes
8.) Sabotage by the Beastie Boys
9.) Lock Stock Bass by John Murphy
10.) Maxwell Murder by Rancid (last minute and 16 seconds)
11.) I Fought the Law (and the Law Won) by the Clash (last 2 minutes and 33 seconds)
12.) Feel Good Inc. by Gorillaz
13.) 1910 by Pheonix
14.) Youth by Daughter
15.) Bad Bad News by Leon Bridges
16.) Mondo '77 by Looper
17.) Midnight City by M83
18.) Peer Pressure by Jon Brion
19.) Replica by the XX
20.) Human by Rag'n'bone Man
21.) Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down) by Nancy Sinatra
22.) Goodnight Julia by the Seatbelts
23.) Wake Up by Rage Against the Machine

I like Droid Bishop and Synthwave in general. It really is "Style over substance" and that's a good thing.

But to me, Synthwave feels like the low hanging fruit. The easy answer musically. That's great. I'm just hoping that CDPR looks deeper into the themes that underpin the Cyberpunk genre.

"Who are these people living in Night City? What do they want? What are they rebelling against?"

I hear the "Cyber" in Synthwave. What I don't hear is "PUNK" (counterculture responses to a dystopian world). It's like Mike Pondsmith mentioned in his interview video... The PUNK is what's most important.
Post automatically merged:

CYBERPUNK_2077_Friday Night Firefight_1.0 Playlist

Hey all,

So I've got a personal project going. For awhile now, I've been currating music playlists that attempt to capture the economic and cultural identities of the announced NIGHT CITY districts. I'm also putting together playlists related to other things that happen in Night City, but as you guys know, there isn't much official info to go on. This playlist is music inspired by Mike Pondsmith's FRIDAY NIGHT FIREFIGHT.

Everybody's musical tastes are different, so I don't expect everyone to be feeling what I'm doing. I'm trying to do something a bit different here and different is always risky. But if you like what you hear, let CDPR know! This is WORK IN PROGRESS.

"Massive and immediate retaliation is the best policy. Unfortunately... "

https://soundcloud.com/user-227051119%2Fsets%2Fcyberpunk_2077_friday-night

Last edited:
Top Bottom