Cyberpunk Soundtrack

+
GANG MUSIC: Gilligans (CULTURE approach. See #27)

A militant LGBTQ+ Posergang that was forced out of the Marina district by the Wild Things. Information on them is limited in the NIGHT CITY sourcebook, but their hierarchy is based on the classic TV show.

SUBculture (themes = Nihilism, Hedonism, Apathy)

Also UPDATED the OP of the Layered Music System proposal with links to explain the differences between the BASE (dynamic score) and MID (regional soundtrack) layers. MID layer example is the Pacifica COMBAT ZONE. If interested, please see

As always, questions, comments and votes welcome.

Last edited:

I like NightmareOwl too. But there was an official CDPR comment about Synthwave in general in 2077:

"While many at CD Projekt Red love synthwave, it has become too mainstream to strictly label it with Cyberpunk as a genre." -CDPR Community Manager

That isn't to say that they refuse to include any synthwave... just that if it's included it may be a less prevalent influence in the music direction. I've got a related thread going on the topic of licensed music in the game if you are interested. Link in my signature. All comments, questions and votes welcome.

Doesn't matter if it's been mentioned couple of times. This thread needs more Blue Stahli

Overall, I hope the game allows you to opt out specific tracks of its soundtrack, just in case there is something we don't like. Personally I loathe hip-hop and similar 'music', but other than that Im pretty open.

I'm more of a rock/metal person, but electronic music, synthwave etc are perfectly fine. I just don't think there should be an overabundance of it in the game. CP2077 needs music with attitude, not just ambience imo.

Remixed classic from Sin City OST

After delving to this forum deeper, I found out that the developers think that the musical direction of CP2077 may "surprise" us. I'm curious what this is referring to. Maybe lack of electronic music? If the demo videos "Chippin' in" is any indication, I might be on the right track. I totally love that song btw, and I want to hear the full song! The title has "punk" in the name, and class like "rockerboy" after all. Since I'm a rock/metal person, I'm going to post some songs I would probably listen on the ingame music player if it was up to me.

Last edited:
After delving to this forum deeper, I found out that the developers think that the musical direction of CP2077 may "surprise" us. I'm curious what this is referring to. Maybe lack of electronic music? If the demo videos "Chippin' in" is any indication, I might be on the right track. I totally love that song btw, and I want to hear the full song! The title has "punk" in the name, and class like "rockerboy" after all. Since I'm a rock/metal person, I'm going to post some songs I would probably listen on the ingame music player if it was up to me.

I have an entire thread dedicated to that exact topic. It includes official commentary from CDPR as well as my speculation on what that commentary could mean. It also includes on possible way to compliment their announced plans via licensed music.

I fully agree with you regarding the importance of PUNK (I don't mean "Punk Rock Music" per se) in the music -- which is why I'm using a culture based curation method rather than a genre based method. Though I wouldn't limit music to ONLY Subculture and Counterculture. You need the CorpoCulture to have something to rebel against.

Please see the link in my signature if interested. All questions, comments and votes welcome in that thread.

GANG MUSIC: Werewolves of London (CULTURE approach. See #27)

Not much is described in the official lore about this gang in order to give more flexibility to story telling. But what is known is that they're related to the Pranskster gang, the Philharmonic Vampires. While the Vamps are more witty than dangerous, the Werewolves are "serious". Victims have been found literally torn apart on nights of the full moon with some reports of howling adding to the urban legends. NCPD dismisses those reports as ridiculous.

Depending on how on the nose you wanted to be musically (maybe the wolves intentionally play up the name), you could run with the theme.

COUNTERculture (themes = rebellion, iconoclasm, rage)

Last edited:
GANG MUSIC: Piranhas (CULTURE approach. See #27)

Not much is described about them in the official NIGHT CITY sourcebook. We know they're a gang that runs out of a old convenience store in the Combat Zone. They love to party and have fun (though no one knows what "fun" means to them) which makes the tone a big question mark. There are a bunch of different ways you could take that. The lore mentions that they'll leave you alone if you don't mess with them. Because so many gangs are cranked up to 11 in Night city, I thought an understated approach might be a good contrast. So I'll leave a few examples with different tones.

Understated SUBculture (themes = Hedonism, Nihilism, Apathy)

"Methed up" raver SUBculture (themes = Hedonism, Nihilism, Apathy)

EdgeLORD SUBculture (themes = Hedonism, Nihilism, Apathy)

Satirical SUBculture (themes = Hedonism, Nihilism, Apathy) --KREAYSHAWN is an Oakland Rapper

Last edited:

That kinda feels like female V in the trailer.

It would be cool to have to soundtrack change for different types of V, not just male or female. But a female V that really violent. Or a male V that's calm and suave. The soundtrack changing based on who you are in the game, or setting a personal preference in the game would be amazing. But I know that'd be a lot of work.

EDIT: I know its more than sound and as lyrics. But for like a character specific song, like they have in KH or FF would be cool to have. I'd like to have a song that was for the V I make/am in the game.

Anthony Rother - Omnitronic

Substance - Countdown

Substance - Cruising

Efdemin - Good Winds

Efdemin - Black Sun

GANG MUSIC: G3 / Go Go Go (CULTURE approach. See #27)

I don't even remember where I first found info on this obscure gang, but I haven't been able to chase it down since. If memory serves they're mostly ex-Joygirls that have banded togther for common defense. I *think* they have a bit of a Weeb/Loli influence originally, but don't quote me on that. Sard or JGray are your guys there. I'm guessing at the tone, so I'll link both CORPOculture (for satire / contrast) and SUBculture influences (for some edge / veiled trauma.) Depending on if they feature in 2077, you could possibly give them a Vocaloid influence too (Braindance AI Joygirls?). See the link in my signature if you have questions.

CORPOculture (themes = Vanity, Consumerism, Aspirational Wealth)

SUBculture (themes = Hedonism, Nihilism, Apathy)

Last edited:

In some interview (with producers) I heard that the soundtrack for the game Cyberpunk will be based on white noise... intriguing.

Top Bottom