Cyberpunk Soundtrack

+
Something for the Rockeboys among us.

Yes, these guys are germans.

[video=youtube;-s--MnWTJlU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-s--MnWTJlU[/video]

I'd really love to see some 80's heavy metal, or 80's themed metal make it into the game. I think it would fit pretty well.
Celtic Frost:

Blitzkrieg:

Satan:
[video=youtube_share;LAN8v-sw0Tc]http://youtu.be/LAN8v-sw0Tc[/video]

So I just came from this small festival that I've been going past few years. Usually I know maybe one or two artist in the line up.
So imagine my surprise when me and friend stepped into this small club to get drinks and these guys are rocking the roof down. And the show was even better live!
I'm just not 100% convinced that these guys fit what I picture the music being in the game. Feels bit too distant future. Maybe for action scene or club.
Your thoughts?

There will probably be a wide variety of style, but I hope (and I think Keith said so earlier in the Thread), that there would be a lot of break core, stuff like this, something "modern and futuristic".
And I somewhat agree, if they want to refresh the whole Cyberpunk world, having some cliche 80's music/synth thing, would be the last thing we'd need.
It would be perfect for a 2020's game, but for something futuristic as 2077 it's would be more than awkward, not to say totaly cheesy.
Perturbator, Powerglove, etc... sound cool, but only in the picture we make of the "80's cyberpunk" from 20 years ago, here CP77 is pushing forward, so yes, the soundtrack will have to be fresh IMO, something we don't expect.

Seems like a lot of people don't really "understand" what Cyberpunk is about, it's not a defined style trapped forever in the 80's, it's a way to understand our present and our future, to criticize our present and how our society seems to go.
Sure, the "whole trend" was in the 80/90, but guys, that period is waayyyyy behind us, it's time to refresh the whole thing if we want to keep it interesting, if you're expecting a standard-80's-Cyberpunk game, I think you look for the wrong game with Cyberpunk 2077. It's a good oportunity to try to think about how we are going to evolve with our society, our fashion, our music, etc...
So wanting "more than all" to keep it trapped in the 80's sound really ridiculous to me, not wanting to be harsh or offensive to anyone, but that's what cyberpunk is about.

So, no problem with a few 80's song but not much.
When I see people wanting Perturbator doing the WHOLE soundtrack, I think they should leave their gamepad a little and go read a few cyberpunk book (outside of William Gibson...), 'cause let's be honnest, a lot of people don't know jack about cyberpunk except for Neuromancer or Blade Runner and a few anime like GITS / Akira, and that's somewhat sad :/
The genre is way bigger than this.

Last edited:
This one would be perfect for a classy/cheesy Corporate zone's retro Night Club (I think there is one in 2020, a good way to put some 80's vibe in it, without killing the whole vibe)
SPETSNAZ - She Went
♫ Bananas! ♫

The 80's gave us cyberpunk though :p

um.... no.... no it didn't...

It gave us the genres name, but the genre had been around a lot longer than that...

Since Fritz Langs Metropolis back in the 1930's...

Heck even Welles gave us a hint of it with The Time Machine....

um.... no.... no it didn't...

It gave us the genres name, but the genre had been around a lot longer than that...

Since Fritz Langs Metropolis back in the 1930's...

Heck even Welles gave us a hint of it with The Time Machine....

Ah I was talking about 2020 which was around mid 80's if I remember right.

I could see the 80's music being used as the games equivalent to "muzak", a sort of 2077's "Girl from Ipanema"...
As for music, I would love for it to be situational: Sit at a roadside vendor; hear his music, walk into a store; hear corporate pop, walk by a club and hear the distorted bass pounding through the door, approach a boostergang and try to guess their mood from the grindthrash they're blasting. Especially if the sounds and music would intermix, to create a living soundscape. But that would ask a lot of production and system resources...

I like some dark vibes in the music.

Is what my name pays homage to(my favorite racing game)

I may have posted some of these before.

Last edited:
Top Bottom