Cyberpunk Soundtrack

+
Some guy calling himself Patronen:

Patronen - Heiß 2

Patronen - Herbst Hymne

Patronen - Weinsberg Nach Wurzburg

Himself, John Goddamn Carpenter, has some new music out! It's very good news. Escape from New York is one of our ( old time Cpunk players) favourite movies. A cyberpunk classic.

Here:

"Your rules are really beginning to annoy me. "
"Sad story. You got a smoke? "
"I don't give a fuck about your president, or your war".
"Bob Hauk: You going to kill me, Snake?
Snake Plissken: Not now, I'm too tired.
[pause]
Snake Plissken: Maybe later. "

Yeah. A classic character.

Yeah, linked to some of the new tracks a few pages back, I wholly recommend picking up "Lost Themes" if you dig synth-driven cinematic instrumentals, by Carpenter or in general. Really good stuff, if you don't mind the cheesy (even by 80s standards) guitar solo or oddly placed jingle bells here and there.

Another good one, by some dude called Harold Faltermeyer:

[video=youtube;Fpbgonlx-PM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fpbgonlx-PM[/video]

---------- Updated at 11:46 AM ----------

Film's supposed to drop at the end of May:

Last edited:
Saw this a few days ago, and it's absolutly epic! :D Looking forward to the movie as well. :)

The 80's is strong with this one. XD

Animal! You're back! And trolling, of course, title and all!

Anyway, moving this to the soundtracks thread. Or maybe the movie thread. Maybe both!

Also, praise the Hoff.

*blinks*
Canadian humor?

Thhat's why we made them leave.

Like a tree? Or your flag?

Or maybe the Maple Leaf does not actually mean, and/or represent, an actual maple leaf... maybe it's short for "Many people leave"? :hrhr:

Seriously though... I like Canada. It is one of my favorit countries in the world. I would also say that Canada is, after the other Scandinavian and Nordic countries, one of the country in the world that most resembles Sweden in a lot of things... in my opinion at least. :)

Anyway... I be off topic... again... "som vanligt, i framtiden" ("like always/as usual, in the future")... :rolleyes: (yeah that last bit, in Swedish, is some obscure reference to some Canon commercials that used to run in Sweden during the 90's, it was about how everything is bigger in the future... observe at one point how the futuristic cyberpunk'ish'ish'ish cop asks for the persons large drivers license) XD

So how about an actual soundtrack suggestion... to be on topic. ;)

DEATHSTARS - Synthetic Generation

Seriously though... I like Canada. It is one of my favorit countries in the world. I would also say that Canada is, after the other Scandinavian and Nordic countries, one of the country in the world that most resembles Sweden in a lot of things... in my opinion at least. :)

The time I was in Norway and Sweden I was rather surprised just how much it resembled South Dakota and Minnesota, minus the mountains of course. But the architecture, way people dressed, etc. was eerily similar.

Top Bottom