Cyberpunk Soundtrack

+
I made another track, this one is a bit monotonous but it doesn't distract you from the action. It is based on the idea of a team sneaking into a mega-corporation to steal some valuable intel. Track loops seamlessly (thus the sudden ending) and it can be downloaded too. Use it wherever you like and let me know if it created the sentiment of sneaking (I think it would work best for cases like the "Preparation Phase" of Rainbow Six Siege for example).

https://soundcloud.com/wertandrew/infiltration

Last edited:

Was a nice interview, but I felt sad for Marcin when someone told him that his music sounds similar to Batman vs Superman, even if one point did, his style is totally different from all the "epic" mainstream trailer music (a Horn in low E note playing in every measure, I am sick of it).
The only thing I didn't like was the attitude regarding the "finite number of combinations you can have with these sounds." I think that he achieved a lot of interesting and original results in comparison to the industry.

To all the composers that all your tracks look the same, I devote you this track with love:

Marcin rocks. Let's see how he does Cyberpunk though, as its a completely different beast and I can't imagine any of the style or instruments from the Witcher fitting this scenario. Can't wait.

PS. B&W artwork looks sick.

Last edited:
Was a nice interview, but I felt sad for Marcin when someone told him that his music sounds similar to Batman vs Superman, even if one point did, his style is totally different from all the "epic" mainstream trailer music (a Horn in low E note playing in every measure, I am sick of it).
The only thing I didn't like was the attitude regarding the "finite number of combinations you can have with these sounds." I think that he achieved a lot of interesting and original results in comparison to the industry.

To all the composers that all your tracks look the same, I devote you this track with love:

Marcin rocks. Let's see how he does Cyberpunk though, as its a completely different beast and I can't imagine any of the style or instruments from the Witcher fitting this scenario. Can't wait.

PS. B&W artwork looks sick.

The only thing I wasn't particularly fond of is that there's a tune that was used in both Dying Light and The Witcher 3.It's the short one that plays when you secure a safe house in Dying Light and when you are in White Orchard in The Witcher 3.The tune itself is short and pretty good though and I'm not sure that it's Marcin who did it since several people worked on The Witcher 3 soundtrack.

I can't imagine any of the style or instruments from the Witcher fitting this scenario.

That's because they don't.

Luckily there are so many instruments out there fitting to be used in CP2K77's OST - e-guitars for action pieces, synthesizers for ambient areas/moments...and there's also vocals, which, if used right, fit any genre in my opinion.

Good observation, dear sir. I played both and heard it myself.

LexiiO said:
That's because they don't.

Luckily there are so many instruments out there fitting to be used in CP2K77's OST - e-guitars for action pieces, synthesizers for ambient areas/moments...and there's also vocals, which, if used right, fit any genre in my opinion.

The true challenge is starting over your studio and instrument layout, that's what I meant.
Another challenge is to swift from the Witcher style to a more dirty and grimy look, while being modern-electronic and having a result that sounds good in the end. Also, the choir in the BG has to be replaced with a arpeggiated bassline or a gated pad, but that's totally a composer's decision.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I could see CDPR using some synth tracks in the game, e.g. Chromatics Tick of the Clock or something by Kavinski.

[video=youtube;vWD7k6TrJ-g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWD7k6TrJ-g[/video]

The only thing I wasn't particularly fond of is that there's a tune that was used in both Dying Light and The Witcher 3.It's the short one that plays when you secure a safe house in Dying Light and when you are in White Orchard in The Witcher 3.The tune itself is short and pretty good though and I'm not sure that it's Marcin who did it since several people worked on The Witcher 3 soundtrack.

Which one?

Top Bottom