Cyberpunk wont start

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
Every time I try to launch Cyberpunk from the GoG Galaxy launcher, the game wont start. I click play and literally nothing happens. I tried to start the game in windows admin mod, I try to directly start the game from the x64 folder, I tried basically all manipulation / fixing with windows, antivirus and everything you can name and the game wont f*king start.
I have more than 50 hours on the game, but haven't played it for 5 month, everything was fine until I try to start it again today.

Does any one have a solution?

try launching CP77 while GOG is online, minor but may have an effect
Post automatically merged:

I'm on GOG just tried mine started up fine...have you verified your files?
not heard of this ...send a official report to CDPR and start the e-mail conversation

Last edited:
One of these should help:
  • add an exception for Data Execution Prevention in Windows 10 settings
  • Clean-install GPU drivers
  • Validate game files in GOG / Steam
  • Try launching Cyberpunk2077.exe from its file location
  • Reinstall the game (This helped in my case.)

check your task manager... sometimes CP77 will be there but won't complete the startup..
if it is select it, use end task command and try from GOG again...
I've had to do this 2 or 3 times since launch

Think I'll go eat worms.
Beware of the fake ones.
saure-gluehwuermchen.png

Okay, so I tried some of the solutions you gave me guys thanks.
What ultimately worked was this process : I uninstalled the game, then uninstalled GoG, and then I went on and suppressed everything about Nvidia from my computer. Then I reinstalled Nvidia drivers, GoG and the game, it worked. Let's be honest I'm not sure what wasn't working in the first place, but eh.
So thanks DC9V and wyzman001 for the help. [...]
Subject can close.

Moderator: Hmmm. Not quite sure what's happened here, but, back on topic, please.
Iszdope was writing between the lines, trying to say that it's a better idea to wait for future patches, instead of dealing with certain bugs right now.
Metharion was probably hoping to see more constructive advice because he just wants to play the game.
Iszdope eating worms either means that he's frustrated with the current state of the game so anything else would be more entertaining, or he was feeling ashamed because no-one seemed to understand what he meant ( at least that's how I've interpreted it) so I was trying to post something funny in return.
Anyway, I agree we should stay on topic and try to focus on helping Mr. Metharion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom