Cyberpunk2077 doesn't even launch

+
Hi,
I'm posting because I didn't find a thread that helped me or answered all of my questions. I've downloaded the game yesterday and I couldn't play it since then because everytime i try to launch it it hits me with a flatline. I have already tried every fix and booting method possible that I could find online but none worked for me. Can it be related to my cpu not supporting AVX? I know there was a fix for that 2 patches ago but I've seen people in a similiar situation claim that the game flatlined on them too and I don't really seem to find any other reason for it. Unless it has to do with my pc being a potato and the issue will disappear once I'll upgrade my gpu.

"Error reason: Unhandled exception
Expression: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xC0000005)
Message: The thread attempted to read inaccessible data at 0x28.
File: <Unknown>(0)"

I'm having a really strange issue that's only cropped up 47 hours into gameplay.
Yesterday I noticed when doing a NCLD scan that the game lagged to the point it was unplayable, like, zero FPS. Naturally I turned off, suspecting this was just an issue. Restarted today and every time I engage in combat whether it be a scan, gig, side quest, main mission, I'm faced with the same problem. Enemies hit zero health and won't die, this is annoying after spending so much time with the game that it's now impossible to play/progress.
Has anyone else faced a similar issue?

It says the data is inaccessible. By any chance has the game been revoked from your GOG or steam account? Or have you refunded it and it's still there? Or if you have not refunded or removed it from your account is it possible the entire file folder is in read only? Not sure if changing it from read only to not would fix this, but if information that changes can only be read I would see that as an issue.

p00ke

Forum regular

Post by Rincewind:
"Error reason: Unhandled exception
Expression: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xC0000005)
Message: The thread attempted to read inaccessible data at 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.
File: <Unknown>(0)

which is happening when you press play from launcher my fix was:

lower the windows resolution. I had it standard to 2560x1440, the native resolution of my monitor. I lowered it to 1024x768, started the game and it finally worked!

After that I raised the solution in game to my normal resolution, quit, changed my windows resolution back to normal and it works all normal.

Hope that helps."

It says the data is inaccessible. By any chance has the game been revoked from your GOG or steam account? Or have you refunded it and it's still there? Or if you have not refunded or removed it from your account is it possible the entire file folder is in read only? Not sure if changing it from read only to not would fix this, but if information that changes can only be read I would see that as an issue.
The folder isn't read only and I still have the game on my steam account. I got it by library sharing so I'm not the one who would refund it. Can it be the issue?

The folder isn't read only and I still have the game on my steam account. I got it by library sharing so I'm not the one who would refund it. Can it be the issue?
are you still online on steam when launching the game? And is the library owner currently playing a game or said game? Cause Im pretty sure if you are online and the library owner is playing the same game I don't think the person sharing can launch from how library sharing used to work. Haven't used it in so long so I don't quite remember.

I always try to launch it when he's not playing anything/offline. Anyways, it looks like though the game folder was changed to not be read only it resetted back to it. I'm positive that it would fix the issue.

Here to say that I can finally play the game. The attributes of the folders/files weren't the issue and in conclusion none of the fixes suggested above solved it. However after I reinstalled windows and upgraded my GPU there are no problems with anything, at least for now. Thanks for trying to help.

Here to say that I can finally play the game. The attributes of the folders/files weren't the issue and in conclusion none of the fixes suggested above solved it. However after I reinstalled windows and upgraded my GPU there are no problems with anything, at least for now. Thanks for trying to help.
Thanks for the feedback, im happy for you

Top Bottom