Cyberpunk2077 is exactly 1 month away!

+
And what's the source of these people, exactly?
it's a classic vague twitter leak, they just try to make an informed guess and if they get it right, they brag about it, if not, then they try to sweep it under the rug like "well.. its just a rumor i didn't really confirm 100%" etc..
and thats why they never give specific date for the delay and use words like "likely/might get delayed"
all they do is predict shit many people already did anyway

So, this shouldn't be about other companies and how terrible they are in comparison to CDPR but I had to get that complaint out. I put that at the bottom.

I am so looking forward to playing CP2077 and experiencing the rich, vibrant world they have built as V. I will be testing with VorpX to see if the game can be hacked to play in VR. I wish all games could be played in VR. I have the Valve Index which I have enjoyed and I am getting the HP Reverb G2 VR headset which improves upon the Index by offering 4K resolution in VR. That is going to be amazing to see :)

Complaint about other companies below:
CDProjectRed is one of the few gaming companies I still have faith in to give us a product as they promised. Many companies under EA are failures in that regard but some are masters at outright giving us complete lies and pretending that they are real. Anthem comes to mind. I know people enjoy it still but I will NEVER trust anything Bioware says again. Supposedly Anthem 2.0 is supposed to fix many of the issues but I doubt I will ever touch it again with how boldly they mislead everyone. This at least taught me what to expect before believing any hype. First, look at the companies past and how they have done, have any games been poorly received, do they have a history of misleading consumers, do they show extensive game play, does the game play feature what has been promised, do they let some people play it early and share their impressions of the game and are not paid by that same company (EA Influencers as an example are paid by EA to hype up their products no matter how bad they are, a few are honest in their reviews but are retained for long by EA). There are many other possible things to look at before believing a product will be good before release but I have opted to, with almost every single game, wait until it releases, give it several weeks and then consider buying it if the general impressions of everyone are fairly good and the game play looks good.

it's a classic vague twitter leak, they just try to make an informed guess and if they get it right, they brag about it, if not, then they try to sweep it under the rug like "well.. its just a rumor i didn't really confirm 100%" etc..
and thats why they never give specific date for the delay and use words like "likely/might get delayed"
all they do is predict shit many people already did anyway
Exactly my point.

One does not spend 7+ years as a completely independent studio developing a game, following an all-time, award winning hit, hire professionals the likes of Keanu Reeves, invest somewhere in the tune of hundreds of thousands of man-hours toward the project, coordinate world-wide teams during a pandemic...

...then decide to pull the plug at the end because, "It's just not worth it, yo... Y'know what I mean? Now, it's just, like...whatever."

If the game needed to be delayed for an additional three years, they would find a way to finish it. My gut tells me this was the last delay, though. Call it a hunch.

At the end of the day, though I was disappointed by the delay to Dec. 10th, I'd rather they go that route than what we got with the recent PC port of HZD & the release of Marvel's Avengers......& its not like I don't have a ton of games already clamouring for my attention right now.
That said, for their own sake I hope they are able to stick to the December 10th launch date.

At the end of the day, though I was disappointed by the delay to Dec. 10th, I'd rather they go that route than what we got with the recent PC port of HZD & the release of Marvel's Avengers......& its not like I don't have a ton of games already clamouring for my attention right now.
That said, for their own sake I hope they are able to stick to the December 10th launch date.

That's the real spirit. Instant gratification is bad habit, and impatience at misfortune is just a great way of ensuring we go through life very frustrated most of the time. (And the world is not going to cater to us.)

But most importantly, I agree with this sentiment. Anything truly great takes time. Rushing will always cause issues. I respect CDPR immensely for their commitment and drive.

Top Bottom