(Cyberway) Fan Music.

+
Ok, another one, this is gonna be my last, unless I find some cool Cyberpunk vocals. Hopefully it entertains at least some of you.

Cool. Thank you for sharing them!

It's kind of interesting what music is now getting associated with cyberpunk. When Shadowrun and Cyberpunk came out we didn't really have much to go on for influences other than the movie Blade Runner.. So basically we associated music from artists like Vangelis as more like the music we were searching for when playing the game. We'd listen to a lot of Brian Eno, Jean Michael Jarre, Klaus Schultze. We'd sometimes throw in some music by artists like Cabaret Voltaire, Front 242 or Skinny Puppy if it fit the setting we were going for but that was kind of rare. We mainly searched around for a more ambient cinematic sound. In the early 90's we got bands like The Orb and Future Sound of London which was great.. listened to a lot of that.

Psytrance has deep connections with Cyberpunk, theres tons of cyber, dark future, mechanical, robotic, underground, mixes all over the internet. Did some googling and earlier hit I was able to find was from 2012. HiTech is also one thing what Psytrance likes to use.

Last edited:
Love it, in particular track #3 :) Nice work.

Hope whoever's making the soundtrack from this game takes some inspiration :p

Love it, in particular track #3 :) Nice work.

Hope whoever's making the soundtrack from this game takes some inspiration :p

Thanks. One more!

i definitely think CD Red should include Psytrance in the series, the connection is deep. Psytrance isnt massive industry but its very visible, some people say Psytrance is still non-commercial, i dont know if theres any truth to that, so that said, maybe they should sell some Cyberpunk Vocal/Effect/Ambient packs.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing these. While I'm not a musician, I've been kind of working on a related idea.

As a player going back to 2020, it's been fun for me to curate a few music playlists related to the areas of NIGHT CITY that have been announced. So PACIFICA, WATSON, HEYWOOD, etc. The goal is to give each district a distinct musical identity that represents the economic and cultural conditions of that area. I've shared these with some friends who play via Soundcloud links.

It's a bit tough to lock down style references with official information from CDPR being limited, but I'm still enjoying it.

Nice tracks, I feel like a hacker when I listen to them :howdy: It reminds me of the good Unreal Tournament's OST : ambiant, agressive, futuristic.

My faves are Scream and Braindead.

Top Bottom