Dagger Dealer / Knife Throw - Can't retrieve?

+
In the interests of preventing this from sinking, I feel like even if they have no intention of making knives a reusable resource (I have no idea what that would look like on their end of things), they need to AT LEAST make buying basic knives easier.

Perhaps have a “Throwing Knife” specific type that comes in packs like ammunition and can be burned through without loading them one by one.

But making a 3-perk expenditure reliant on something that’s hard to get in any real numbers and is always one-use just seems like a major oversight.

I also agree that the blocking and stealth takedown things being removed should be looked at, though now I wonder if the latter were taken out on purpose along with other stuff in order to get the game out the door.

Wanted to make a quick point that if you watch the demo vid for dagger dealer in the perk tree you can see that as the target falls dead another knife automatically flips back into the hand. Could be an artifact of QA and testing in some kind of debug mode, but if the function was already there in some capacity... suppose they could have quick swapped but it doesn't look like it to me.

i have just found a blue crafting recipy for the knife, it was being sold by the blade merchant just downstairs from your apartment (lvl 20+/- street lvl30+/-)

10/10 super upset when I threw a legendary knife to try it out and it was nowhere to be found.
I would have rage quit. I wasted 3 points and spent like 3 hours grinding to get 100k to respec and saw I had only got like 40k lol. Like wow.
Flatline crash to desktop on launch is current day's hero "marauder shields" protecting me from this horror of losing legendary items, by not allowing me to play the game in the first place. :giveup:

It's maybe because it's OP. You one shot almost everything with the knife even on the hardest setting.

It's maybe because it's OP. You one shot almost everything with the knife even on the hardest setting.
I like fun.
legendary knife = fun.
one hit knife = fun.
my knife disappearing is not fun.
I hope I never encounter this glitch, even if my game ever works to begin with.

Throwing knives are great, but I'm pretty disappointed in the weapon especially tiered can't be retrievable. Buying knives from Coach Fred can help but it costs about 1k each and that'd make it the most expensive one-time use I've used. Suggestion: Knives need to be retrievable or they are stack amounts that I can keep throwing. Give me some kunai or throwing stars if it's a stacked item I can throw, but don't let me lose my upgraded knife because of a toss.

Dagger dealer costs 1 pt, cutthroat costs 2/2. Permanently destroying a knife is honestly too costly for the 3 skill points wasted.

Let us retrieve knives or at least give us a stack of disposables. Just don't have us destroy knives we've enhanced when we throw please.

Last edited:
I understand how many people feel about it. The thing is, if you attack anybody (shoot, or melee) and it doesn't kill, everyone becomes alerted. If they nerf the knifes so they can be retrievable, they become useless for the stealth build. what they could do is increment the chance of you finding knifes on enemies... or make it a perk. knifes for me where a get outta jail card lots of times. My hacks were cooling down, a headshot wouldn't kill (by my calculations), about to be spotted: Last knife = ooof I'm saved. I like it as it is, but yes they should add cheaper knifes on vendors at the least.

Not only do you lose your knife, but if you have a bunch of them, you have to keep opening the inventory and re-equipping the next knife EVERY TIME you throw one... It's completely obnoxious

Not only do you lose your knife, but if you have a bunch of them, you have to keep opening the inventory and re-equipping the next knife EVERY TIME you throw one... It's completely obnoxious
Agreed. If I want to throw a knife I just picked up, I don't want to have to go to my inventory to specifically select every single knife I want to throw, every time I throw a knife.

I had just picked up a legendary knife and got the perk to be able to throw it, expecting I'd be able to retrieve said knife. Pretty upset that I lost a legendary item over this, even if it was JUST a knife and I don't generally use melee items.

I would love to do this build...please CD Project, fix this :(

By the way, anyone knows how to craft knives? Maybe this could be a workaround for the throwing knife build.

I'm can tell you guys that with the perk of 30% damage of throwing knifes you can instakill enemies on the head.

Yes, it must be a bug...so disappointing...

PD: intelligent shoots are also broken...at least with my sniper....fail every "intelligent shoot" what a mess...

This is just stupid... How did they not test that? At least make stackable trowing knifes that work like ammo so that you don't need to reselect in the menu everytime... Or even better, just make that we can pick it up!!!...

How is it possible that we have to ask for something so fundamental and common in other games at this point?

I stopped playing to confirm this after losing my rare/spic knife! Wasted perks or 100k to redistribute them... hope they consider this a bug, because it is so easy to lose the perks or a knife even by mistake.

Top Bottom