Dagger Dealer / Knife Throw - Can't retrieve?

+
Extremely disappointing, i saw the perk and immediately specked into it and I've probably only thrown three knives because I either get over encumbered with the 4500 knives i have to carry or it just takes too long and pulls me out of the game having to reequip a knife when I miss, or worse when the knife doesn't kill. its also massive money drain to have to buy a new knife every time you throw one

you can farm knives from the scav mobs partying on the beach near pacifica peir but the re-equiping kills it for me

So 1.0.5 is here, STILL no knife fix, whoever thought it was a good idea to lose your knife after throwing it is actually fucking stupid.

I have another suggestion, as I love the this skill also, but it is so clunky, as I would to to throw knives consecutively without have to open up my inventory and equip another one.

So I would like to suggest that, you can either equip knives as a grenade slot, or automatically cycle through available your knives and set like a rarity limit where you can chose up to what rarity of knives it would cycle through that you can throw.

I made an account with CDPR specifically and ONLY to post in support of this thread, I am 16 hours into the game and the fact that you cannot pick up your thrown knives is the BIGGEST and ONLY major complaint I have with the game. This needs to be fixed or changed in a patch ASAP and whoever was negligent in allowing this to be a feature in the game should be heavily chastised.

Yeah this perk needs a rework because it's a really neat idea but the implementation is sorely lacking. Maybe instead of throwing your currently equipped knife you just throw a copy of the knife. That way you wouldn't have to worry about having to pick up your knife again (or worry of losing it) and keep a good game flow (the copy could not be picked and maybe there would be a short cool down so you couldn't spam it).

Yeah this perk needs a rework because it's a really neat idea but the implementation is sorely lacking. Maybe instead of throwing your currently equipped knife you just throw a copy of the knife. That way you wouldn't have to worry about having to pick up your knife again (or worry of losing it) and keep a good game flow (the copy could not be picked and maybe there would be a short cool down so you couldn't spam it).

if that was the case I really hope it will allow us to equip the knife into the grenade slot so I can use them in conjunction with my katana

Oh wow! I skipped that skill even thought it seemed kewl for this reason. Well I thought it might be a possibility. Turns out it is a fact...

You would think there would be a manual way to retrieve thrown weapons. I mean "future magic" would be better, but not at all. Borderlands weapons can literally be thrown, explode, and then return to the player reloaded...

Wow...

I'm all in favor of throwing the actual knife. They don't even need to be stackable or auto-equip. I feel throwing a knife should be an emergency thing - like to try and take out an enemy you won't be able to reach fast enough to do a melee takedown. But they absolutely do need to be retrievable. Not just so we don't have to waste expensive knives, but also because that adds another challenge to the tactical side of things. Ninja-like builds can simply equip 2 or 3 knives using the normal weapon slots, if they feel like it, sacrificing loadout diversity for more knife throws in a row. Knife throwing can be quite powerful, so there should be some kind of tradeoff.

Hello, CDPR! I am really love the Game. One of my favourite games of the last 7 years. But please, one request from me. Along with all the known rough edges. Please fix the "Knives Throwing". So that we do not lose the knife after the throw - it could be picked up from the body of the opponent, or pulled out of the wall / picked up from the floor if there was a miss. And the knife will automatically reequip itself in the same slot, if it is empty.

Last edited:
just bumping this again in hopes CDPR sees it.

please fix.

making the knives retrievable after thrown basically creates another niche build that would be super fun to play. i'd love to use knives as a poison/sleep dart ala Dishonored. having to retrieve it also adds risk.

So I am not going to lie, I killed alot of people when I found out that I couldn't craft uncommon knives (which would have made this whole debacle reasonable), but now I am committed to making the build work. I hamstrung my character, he uses no grenades, not guns, and can't even hack, and I love the build. I use low level knives to knock out camera's, save scum till I am left with bottleneck situations that force me to knock out one of the view fields presented by the enemy, and have been having a blast. The only build that can utilize the throwing knives seems to need 14 Crafting aspect (since I have only found rare knife specs [Anyone found uncommon or common specs? Seems silly that the common knife spec isn't available out the gate...], but with a high DPS Stealth build, the armor bonus is useless. Still though, that being said, the choice to have my knife disappear into the ether is ridiculous. I am having fun with how impossible the class is on the highest difficulty. My stealth hacker can clear out enemies with such ease that this is a welcome challenge. If you can deal with only using the knife in dire situations, a crafting skill of 5, and the crafting spec sold at the gun merch (might have to save scum to get him to sell it) will do the trick. Personally though, I just stealth easy enemies and grab up their knives. Having four or five at a wack is pretty common. Anyway, long rant. If anyone has found common/uncommon crafting specs, preferably from a vendor over RNG loot, let me know. The fact no melee vendor, thus far, has sold even one crafting spec eludes me...I know the game is going to be a gem, I just wish everything was in order right now. -___- /=/_/</<!/\/9 impatience...

Bumping this thread--please make knives retrievable!
Post automatically merged:

Bump. Yeah, please fix this. Otherwise it is a useless skill.

Top Bottom